Top 12 Best Attackers

• Thread starter DeletedUser5061
  • Start date

DeletedUser5061

Attacking Battle Points Rankings are the only ranks that really matter as far as I am concerned, they give a more true representation of who the best alliance or players are on a server better than any of the other rankings. In this thread you can predict where you think the alliance or player will be in a month from now in the ABP ranks. You could put an arrow next to their names to point to the direction you feel they are heading and short sentence as to why you think that is.

Alliance Attack Battle Points Last updated 6/11/10

-Black Shadows-
Deadly Angels
VRoK
Destiny
Dark Sun
St Michael the Archangel
Phantom Knights
The Delicatessen
Guardians Of Eternity
Dynamis
Sons of Anarchy
Flame Guardians

Player Attack Battle Points Last updated 6/11/10

pendered -Black Shadows-
Calambragoras C.H.U.D.
OKCAdonis Confederate States
hashisfun -Black Shadows-
jpindseth Destiny
Kurb -Black Shadows-
Hyrune -Black Shadows-
Wansyth -Black Shadows-
Atticus X Dark Sun
saintchill -Black Shadows-
TotalRath -Black Shadows-
Archijs1992 -Black Shadows-

I will update this post latest one once a week so you can copy and paste the latest standings from here.

- use if you think they will be moving up.
- use if you think they will be moving down.
- use if you think they will be staying put.

DeletedUser5061

for demonstration purposes

-Black Shadows- → a month from now we will be here.
Deadly Angels → can 't see vrok or destiny doing better
VRoK ↓ They lost two of their top attackers
Destiny → bit point whorish from what I hear and like to take inactives
Dark Sun ↑ 44 seems theirs for the taking but it's depends who they have pacts with.
St Michael the Archangel ↓ in the same ocean as my squad and The Delicatessen can't see where they are gonna go.
Phantom Knights ↑ out of the core so...
The Delicatessen ↑ can't see them catching BS DA and DS not just cuz they are small but they seem to make a lot pacts.
Guardians Of Eternity → meh...
Dynamis ↓ How did they get Remorce?
Sons of Anarchy ↑ like The Delicatessen
Flame Guardians → I hope they grow a set and have go at Dark Sun it's lame when to biggest alliances in one ocean start hugging.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Theres nothing wrong with that Remorce feller. quite a striking individual really. Knows his Pnp and how to play the game.

DeletedUser

ABP versus DBP... and interesting topic... and there is no direct correlation to level of play and a single BP rank, you have to correlate BP curves with growth curves. A better judge of a player ability if you want to be realistic is comparing their DBP curve to their growth curve. DBP is forced. You can get ABP by putting your troops into greys and attacking them, right Dai.... Yes I know you guys practice this :p

DeletedUser7160

I made this one a couple days ago, it isn't the most updated version, but you can get an idea where these guys are:

top12_nov11.jpg

DeletedUser5061

ABP versus DBP... and interesting topic... and there is no direct correlation to level of play and a single BP rank, you have to correlate BP curves with growth curves. A better judge of a player ability if you want to be realistic is comparing their DBP curve to their growth curve. DBP is forced. You can get ABP by putting your troops into greys and attacking them, right Dai.... Yes I know you guys practice this :p

You might have had 13thkinght on your island so you got all those DBP but I don't have that option as I am the most active player on my side of the pond. Someone who has a lot of ABP they have had to earn it for themselves through putting time, effort and skill. Someone who has a lot DBP is either a turtle or they got it by hogging the defence troops of their allies allies because they couldn't pull their own weight in the first place. I am not taking shot at you or your opinion I am just explaining how I see it.

@Remorce We have one Hero and one Giant all we are missing is a Titan the spot is yours if you want it ;)

DeletedUser

so now that we are clear, neither ABP nor DBP has any influence on how good a player you are as a lone statistic, this thread is a little pointless :p

I actually got all my DBP from St. Michaels...

DeletedUser

Someone who has a lot DBP is either a turtle or they got it by hogging the defence troops of their allies allies because they couldn't pull their own weight in the first place. I am not taking shot at you or your opinion I am just explaining how I see it.

I don't agree with that in your opinion I should be either a turtle or asking others for defence, I would like you to explain why I am should be a turtle in your vision cause I haven't asked anybody for troops.............

DeletedUser5061

Don't be mean! all I am saying is how much DBP you accumulate is out of your hands so you shouldn't really judge a player based on that so that only leaves the ABP points to judge how good an alliance or player is, whether you wanna judge based on that is upto you. Now stop over analyzing everything.

DeletedUser

There is one way of gaining DBP that you also must take into consideration. When you conquer a city that contains mainly of offensive units, they will often send these units out of the city so that you come to a vacant city but get attacked by the returning offensive units shortly after landing you CS. When you fight these ones, you will get DBP and not ABP even though you are the one attacking in the first place. I have gotten all my DBP this way

DeletedUser

There is one way of gaining DBP that you also must take into consideration. When you conquer a city that contains mainly of offensive units, they will often send these units out of the city so that you come to a vacant city but get attacked by the returning offensive units shortly after landing you CS. When you fight these ones, you will get DBP and not ABP even though you are the one attacking in the first place. I have gotten all my DBP this way

i thought the DBP went to the owner of the city in that case :(
*hangs my head in noobish shame*

DeletedUser

Ahh, but since you are the one who has the CS in the enemies harbor, the city is yours. Now you defend your city for 8 hours and therefore get DBP when the returning enemy units attack

DeletedUser

While your ABP theory may be valid for revolt Diazan, it is not at all valid for conquest. The reason I don't play revolt is that I think it lacks the tactical edge conquest creates.

DeletedUser

DBPs and ABPs can't be compared...you can earn def from other players supporting you and you do not have to even show some iniative...not even be alive if you have tripwire :D
ABp is the only way to rate someone...not points cause this isn't sim city..nobody can earn ABP for someone so yeah i agree with dai when he values them so much

DeletedUser

Then I must be doing something right.

That or I spend too much online farming to replace all the units I have lost.

DeletedUser

DBPs and ABPs can't be compared...you can earn def from other players supporting you and you do not have to even show some iniative...not even be alive if you have tripwire :D
ABp is the only way to rate someone...not points cause this isn't sim city..nobody can earn ABP for someone so yeah i agree with dai when he values them so much

You can't justify ABP rating someone... read my first post about putting troops in grey cities and attacking them... so yes you can earn ABP for someone else... though I believe -BS- used colony ships in inactive cities to ensure no losses to the attacker... And no I don't need proof... those that used the methods know who they are... and none of them will admit to it, because it would make your stats look fake on the forums... then everyone would start questioning your abilities...

You see... every sword has 2 edges... you can't slag DBP off for supporting members without complimentry arguments over ABP...

Here is one Statistical FAIL, just for you:
Bb742464.planni01_big(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

DeletedUser5061

Seriously Kadjayuni just do us a favour and quit already.

DeletedUser

well I guess I got to respect you for not living in denial :p

If you want a more genuine representation of ability, it is here:

Player Ability Modifiers

Of course even this can be manipulated by excessive amount of "Fake BP" both in the ABP line and DBP (though the balancer accounts for Support from alliance members, it doesn't really account for "fake ABP" since this is not controllable on a relative to the overall activity of an alliance as such).

DeletedUser

I dont know about abp or dbp. I just know it was cute and very out of the box thinking to see colony ships being used by people to send them to abandoned cities in support missions and than to have those same abandoned cities get attacked by black shadow members 1 hour - 3 hours afterwards. I know these colony ships werent attacking or attempting takeovers because I had these abandoned cities tripwired with biremes. It very possible to "push" peoples offensive BP score.

~ aj

DeletedUser

In truth, any stat on this game, other than the meaningless "infrastructure" points stat, can be manipulated in many ways. ABP and DBP are earned when "suiciding" troops to reorganize a city's army, for instance (not necessary an omission, but a meaningless addition to the point totals--of both ABP and DBP, though more so on the DBP side in most cases). So, to take a single stat and then to state that said player/alliance is the best because of it is an extreme case of isolating a fact to fit it to one's theory in actual application, though, in a perfectly un-manipulated game, one could argue that the leaders in ABP are in fact the best players, as BP does govern the potential power an alliance can gain, and being on the offensive secures momentum and the tempo on one's side.

The conventional wisdom supports Daizan's claim, though the conventional wisdom doesn't account for the various manipulations of players/alliances nor the fact that InnoGames doesn't make leaderboards out of truly meaningful stats, only the easily quantifiable ones.

Kadjayuni's formula, which is discussed in greater detail in the Acropolis, is a much better proposed indicator of actual skill.

Though, honestly, trying to ascribe one's skill in a game to a number is something like trying to add features to the game that account for the more abstract aspects of the game (like creating alerts for secessions and coups within an alliance, as proposed in the Ideas forum). It's good for discussion, but you won't find a good fit.

EDIT: To get this bad boy back on topic, for the moment I see -BS- hanging onto the top spot, but I won't say that they shall remain there in the next 3 months. I simply see too many variables in the balance. Also, I think VRoK and The Deli will either hold onto their positions (most likely) or rise slightly in the near future. Other than that, I think Daizan's assessment of the situation (not his thrust about the all-importance of ABP as a singly determinant stat) is fairly accurate.