Top 12 sink or swim 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31302

since the first is still locked and doesn’t seem to be getting unblocked anytime soon, someone, anyone do a top12

DeletedUser53870

I thought id take a brake from working and do a lil top twelve. i am a gold trader in this world, so i am unaware of any pacts/naps etc. most of this is based on statistics and some knowledge of the players on different sides.
What makes this world interesting in my opinion, is that there is no "super premade" alliance, that rules by far. in fact there are many good alliances that can win WW stage.

1) Savage/Savage 2 : Solid alliance, well clustered in 44, with a good roster of players. 2nd in ABP, 1st in DBP, best overall for main alliance. Second branch seems to be the weak spot for this alliance. This alliance seems to have the best ratio of fighters/simmers members in this server. They are expanding in 44, clearing out the small alliances. they seem to have some trouble with Misfit Toys who hold their position in this ocean. This could be mainly due to the fact, that Savage are being pushed by PN/LN from the south, loosing cities here and there. Battle in 44 is far from over for them, especially if they continue loosing cities to PN/LN who are looking to penetrate their lines in 44. I think Savages will eventually take complete control of their ocean, if they manage to block PN/LN from achieving solid clustering in 44. This fight is and will be the one to watch out for in the months to come, unless there is some hugging in some point. Crown contenders. So SWIM.

2) 300 piglets/reaperz : Solid alliance, well clustered in 55, with a good roster of players. Top 3 in ABP/DBP/Overall for main alliance. second branch is well below in every category. They are pushing LOTR and co, winning the fight by far and are expanding in their ocean. I dont see LOTR stoping them from gaining complete control of 55. This alliance will compete for the crown imo, so SWIM

3) Parosi/Lukovi Nasilja. My favourite alliance so far, well clustered in 45, with a good roster of players. 1st in Abp, top 3 in DBP/overall for main alliance. the best second branch compared to other alliances. They are pushing towards owning 45, although they are yet to confront Bald Crew. Reason is they arefocusing on cutting the wings of Savage early in the game? Winning this fight so far and im very interested to see what happens in the months to follow. Anyways, they need to battle BC at some point, which i think will happen, so they completely control 55. If they keep unity till the end, they should be major contender for the crown. SWIM

4) Lords of the RIM and co. This group of alliances, based on the rim of 55 and thereabouts, seem to have huge probs under the pressure of 300P fighting them. they are loosing cities constantly and basically loosing their clustering in 55. they are doin ok with small alliances in their part of the ocean, but 300P are a huge pain for them. Top 5 in BP scores for the main alliance, so they seem to be fighting it, with what they have. i dont see this group goin far in this server. so eventually SINK.

5) NO NAME. This alliance is spread in the northern part of the rim. their clustering is poor, but on the other hand they dont have major threat for the time being. They should improve their positioning, cause at some point Savage will come knocking on their doors. Very low on BP scores, should be looking to raise their game a level. This alliance could go far in the server if they raise their game and cluster in their part of the ocean. otherwise they will have major problems. FLOAT for now

6) The infected goats and rams. This alliance is based in 54. they are quite clustered mostly in the centre of the world. average BP scores, but so far , they are lookin to continue growing. Their main issue is with JFL. they seem to be loosing the war against a small, but very good alliance. Given this, i dont think they will last against a bigger alliance, if confronted. There is a chance , they will loose players to JFL (some already jumped ship. Battle in 54 is far from over, but i dont thing IF will last long. so FLOAT for now, SINK later.

7) Renegades. a force from the south. Their clustering is very poor in that part of the world. They are doin somewhat ok for now, with decent bp rankings, but i dont think they will last long against possible PN/LN, when they decide to go south. FLOAT for now, SINK later.

this is it . hope u like it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53870

Oh forgot JFL..

Just For Laughs : This alliance is based in 54. Excellent BP rankings for their size. This is an alliance , who seems to know what they are doin. they are winning the fight against a much bigger opponent and has managed to make some enemy players Switch sides. if they continue to fight the way they do and with some additions in their roster, they can go far in the server and why not , compete for the crown. so SWIM.

DeletedUser

Oh forgot JFL..

Just For Laughs : This alliance is based in 54. Excellent BP rankings for their size. This is an alliance , who seems to know what they are doin. they are winning the fight against a much bigger opponent and has managed to make some enemy players Switch sides. if they continue to fight the way they do and with some additions in their roster, they can go far in the server and why not , compete for the crown. so SWIM.

I wouldn't apologise for forgetting about JFC (apparently charlie got upset at you not mentioning them LOL
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif
) you were right first time LOL. Fake standings thanks to two weeks worth 40% bp attack and defence tokens taken by abusing the Grepolympia event , as shown in many of these threads. (savage standings would be even better) They are actually working with 5 other alliances so lets give those some credit instead of taking them for granted.

JFC will be judged further down the line.

Forgive the intervention but nice initial post.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser20627

Chekovs Gun thank you for speaking your mind and I agree with most of your judgment.
regardless of the people that lie to themselves with words, numbers will always talk louder than words and that is a fact
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
@Chekovs Gun
Since you do not know diplo side :)
Savages+300P VS PN/LN+LoTR
Renegades are not in war with PN but with LoTR only :)
i think thats more less only thing you are missing, about who swims, who sinks, we will see in upcoming months.

DeletedUser41096

I wouldn't apologise for forgetting about JFC (apparently charlie got upset at you not mentioning them LOL
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif
) you were right first time LOL. Fake standings thanks to two weeks worth 40% bp attack and defence tokens taken by abusing the Grepolympia event , as shown in many of these threads. (savage standings would be even better) They are actually working with 5 other alliances so lets give those some credit instead of taking them for granted.

JFC will be judged further down the line.

Forgive the intervention but nice initial post.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

LOL I have now come to the point where I assume Jolly is full blown jealous of both me and JFL, there is no other reason he would go to LITERALLY every post and make some sort of comment talking about me and JFL. Glad we have a real fan over here! When did I get upset he added it right after and I just read this post haha, this guy is a gem ill tell ya. Never met someone so clueless to the game around them, you top the charts from 7+ years of this game as the flat out dumbest player I have met, and let me tell you I have met a fair bit of em haha.

If anyone has any issues on our gameplay, feel free to discuss it like real grepolis players who attack and fight, and back their words up. At this point I'm just assuming Jolly has not played a full world without quitting out based on some of these braindead comments.

I guess I missed the update when all strategy was removed from the game and we are suppose to follow Jollys brilliant example of mindlessly throwing troops at each other and hoping for the best, without any sort of plans :D:D:D

DeletedUser54360

Dear Mr Bacon

Do please remember that Reapers proved to be the wrong choice for Savage and your underperformance will not have gone unnoticed. Th e city statistics tell a damming story of an ego driven strategy . There are emerging powers arriving in BYBLOS.

To be perfectly honest we learnt our lesson in bringing Old Barbs down too early -- but it is getting increasingly difficult to keep piggies looking like anything other than an outfit in terminal decline.

We are quite satisfied watching you drift aimlessly in 55 but are a tad concerned about what might replace you.

The truth hurts,, But that truth does not hurt me as much as it should hurt you ,

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
  1. We help savages in exact amount as you help PN/LN, which is no help at all because pact was made for entirely different reason, which you wont understand because you are bad diplomat :)

unlike you i do smart diplomacy and not force other alliances to pact with me or merge into me become 6th,7th,8th wing, we are perfectly fine with how small we are to eat your ally and anyone else if it comes to that, i care for "statistics" but i don't care for YOUR statistics.

DeletedUser54360

1. We help savages in exact amount as you help PN/LN, which is no help at all because pact was made for entirely different reason, which you wont understand because you are bad diplomat :)
unlike you i do smart diplomacy and not force other alliances to pact with me or merge into me become 6th,7th,8th wing, we are perfectly fine with how small we are to eat your ally and anyone else if it comes to that, i care for "statistics" but i don't care for YOUR statistics.

Smart Diplomacy Eh?

Contrary to popular Pig Wisdom no-one gets forced to do anything the only requirement of us it seems is to underake to thwart the likes of you. That intention appears nearly universally popular.

My statistics are the Game statistics Number of Cities The numbers are not in any doubt.

DeletedUser54067

1. Savage- 8.7 million points
Losing 59-20 against Nasilja. They are also second by rank, the losses haven't been large enough to suggest a downhill trend but it is concerning. They dominate 44 but the outer edges of that ocean has several smaller alliances lurking.

SWIM

2. Lords of the Rim (LOTR)- 7.8 million points
Although they are losing 58-17 to 300 Piglets they already have over 1000 cities and control 65 and majority of 55, gives them a serious advantage with nearly double the city count of their enemy, they will likely become the number one alliance in the world soon. While some might call it MRAing their is no doubt that this strategy is going to work. The only way they will be stopped is if 300 Piglets pick up the rate of their city takes and more viable opponents develop in the surrounding oceans.

SWIM

3. Nasilja-
7.5 million points
Winning their war against Savage, and has the strongest hold on their core ocean out of all the core alliances. They likely will only grow from here on out, They may want to watch the alliances to the south but should be fine as they expand northward.
SWIM

4. The Infected- 5.5 million points
Losing 16-3 against Just For Laughs. The war is in it's early days but an alliance this big should never be losing to an alliance that small. For now without another alliance to back up JFL they will continue to grow. They currently have little control of their outskirts and will likely be busy just clearing their ocean for most of the game at this point. They are taking Dark Lord cities and winning that war 46-1.
SWIM

5. 300 Piglets/Reaperz-
5.3 million points
Don't control the plurality of their ocean like the other core alliances, this means that their is a lot of work to be done for them. Their currently destroying LOTR, but with LOTR's size and Witch Hunter being notorious for his ability to fight off much larger opponents their jobs will be hard. They won't fall but will likely grow slowly as they try to fight of the LOTR coalition. They are currently very top-heavy and will likely face trouble if Nasilja ever turns their eyes on them. Dominate NE 55.

SWIM

6. No Name- 4.9 million points
Already beat out a relatively large rim alliance for control of 33 and now top two oceans. This is really impressive and I expect their focus to switch from expansion to increasing the density of cities in the three areas they control. They haven't really been tested but due to their positioning and the fact that their is no strong alliance directly touching them, I expect them to eventually pass up the 300 Piglets and The Infected and become the first rim alliance in the top 5. Their main test will be when the likes of ODIN, Misfit Toys or Savage starts touching them directly. They can even push into 44 to test themselves in the core if they want to.

SWIM

7. Renegades-
3.3 million points
Another strong alliance that has huge potential for expansion from ocean 46. I can easily see them repeating the same process that No Name did up north down South. They can run over the guys in 56 and soon control two important oceans. They can also head into 36 or even expand in South 45 although the Nasilja alliance has proven to be quite strong.

SWIM

8. Black Flag-
2.5 million points
Sitting out in 34 and still have a lot of work to do in expanding their borders in that ocean. They will be swimming for now as again they don't directly border anyone that poses a serious threat to them. They have a decent core for a rim alliance. I expect them to reach towards the core as much of 34 isn't that developed, and it would be better to let their food grow fat and then eat it than to rush to take over their ocean.

SWIM

9. ODIN- 2.3 million points
One of the best cores in the world and a huge amount of areas they can spread into. currently spanking Beautiful Day Monster in North Central 54. Expect them to expand not only in 54 but in 53/64/63 area too. They are really a dark horse and the alliance too watch. Judging from their core you can tell their leadership understand the concept of letting their food fatten themselves for them, by keeping their alliance tight not only do they have strong core but the alliances surrounding them will build up their cities, found more cities and in the long run do much of the city building work for them.

SWIM

10. Pun-ishers-
2.1 million points
They are a decent alliance but with ODIN and LOTR nearing their borders they would need to quickly grow and increase their average to stand against either of those alliances. They have a few islands in SE 64 but nothing special for their core.

SWIM

11. Just For Laughs-
2.1 million points
Arguably one of the best alliances, but Grepolis isn't a game made for 12 players. They can likely continue to SWIM but if The Infected get their act together it will spell trouble for this small group. Don't know anyone's allies but without a possible alliance to gain new members from their chances of becoming a significant for to be dealt with are slim.
SWIM

12. Hellfyre- 1.9 million points
Another "Elite" alliance, but based on the rim. With no one to challenge them they will continue to grow in 35.
SWIM

I have to give everyone a swim as it i just to early to tell if any of these alliances especially the ones on the rim are going to Sink or Float because most of them don't even cover a significant portion of the ocean they control and the ones that do only have a city every few islands. In two weeks or so when more alliances start actually touching each other the Top 12 will actually have floats and sinks IMO.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
5. 300 Piglets/Reaperz- 5.3 million points
Don't control the plurality of their ocean like the other core alliances, this means that their is a lot of work to be done for them. Their currently destroying LOTR, but with LOTR's size and Witch Hunter being notorious for his ability to fight off much larger opponents their jobs will be hard. They won't fall but will likely grow slowly as they try to fight of the LOTR coalition. They are currently very top-heavy and will likely face trouble if Nasilja ever turns their eyes on them. Dominate NE 55.

SWIM

Mmmm you see we have our eyes on PN already and have taken quite a few cities of what they had in 55, that is why our "growth" is not that big, because we are fighting on 2 fronts, and they had their eyes on us for some time, its just they cant do anything about our players on border with 45 but im guessing their guys on the border arent that top notch if i decide to go into 45 i smell trouble for them :)

but all in all, i mostly agree with this, despite you not knowing certain diplomacy arrangements between alliances in your top 12 list.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54360

1. Savage- 8.7 million points
Losing 59-20 against Nasilja. They are also second by rank, the losses haven't been large enough to suggest a downhill trend but it is concerning. They dominate 44 but the outer edges of that ocean has several smaller alliances lurking.

SWIM

2. Lords of the Rim (LOTR)- 7.8 million points
Although they are losing 58-17 to 300 Piglets they already have over 1000 cities and control 65 and majority of 55, gives them a serious advantage with nearly double the city count of their enemy, they will likely become the number one alliance in the world soon. While some might call it MRAing their is no doubt that this strategy is going to work. The only way they will be stopped is if 300 Piglets pick up the rate of their city takes and more viable opponents develop in the surrounding oceans.

SWIM

3. Nasilja-
7.5 million points
Winning their war against Savage, and has the strongest hold on their core ocean out of all the core alliances. They likely will only grow from here on out, They may want to watch the alliances to the south but should be fine as they expand northward.
SWIM

4. The Infected- 5.5 million points
Losing 16-3 against Just For Laughs. The war is in it's early days but an alliance this big should never be losing to an alliance that small. For now without another alliance to back up JFL they will continue to grow. They currently have little control of their outskirts and will likely be busy just clearing their ocean for most of the game at this point. They are taking Dark Lord cities and winning that war 46-1.
SWIM

5. 300 Piglets/Reaperz-
5.3 million points

SWIM

6. No Name- 4.9 million points
Already beat out a relatively large rim alliance for control of 33 and now top two oceans. This is really impressive and I expect their focus to switch from expansion to increasing the density of cities in the three areas they control. They haven't really been tested but due to their positioning and the fact that their is no strong alliance directly touching them, I expect them to eventually pass up the 300 Piglets and The Infected and become the first rim alliance in the top 5. Their main test will be when the likes of ODIN, Misfit Toys or Savage starts touching them directly. They can even push into 44 to test themselves in the core if they want to.

SWIM

7. Renegades-
3.3 million points
Another strong alliance that has huge potential for expansion from ocean 46. I can easily see them repeating the same process that No Name did up north down South. They can run over the guys in 56 and soon control two important oceans. They can also head into 36 or even expand in South 45 although the Nasilja alliance has proven to be quite strong.

SWIM

8. Black Flag-
2.5 million points
Sitting out in 34 and still have a lot of work to do in expanding their borders in that ocean. They will be swimming for now as again they don't directly border anyone that poses a serious threat to them. They have a decent core for a rim alliance. I expect them to reach towards the core as much of 34 isn't that developed, and it would be better to let their food grow fat and then eat it than to rush to take over their ocean.

SWIM

9. ODIN- 2.3 million points
One of the best cores in the world and a huge amount of areas they can spread into. currently spanking Beautiful Day Monster in North Central 54. Expect them to expand not only in 54 but in 53/64/63 area too. They are really a dark horse and the alliance too watch. Judging from their core you can tell their leadership understand the concept of letting their food fatten themselves for them, by keeping their alliance tight not only do they have strong core but the alliances surrounding them will build up their cities, found more cities and in the long run do much of the city building work for them.

SWIM

10. Pun-ishers-
2.1 million points
They are a decent alliance but with ODIN and LOTR nearing their borders they would need to quickly grow and increase their average to stand against either of those alliances. They have a few islands in SE 64 but nothing special for their core.

SWIM

11. Just For Laughs-
2.1 million points
Arguably one of the best alliances, but Grepolis isn't a game made for 12 players. They can likely continue to SWIM but if The Infected get their act together it will spell trouble for this small group. Don't know anyone's allies but without a possible alliance to gain new members from their chances of becoming a significant for to be dealt with are slim.
SWIM

12. Hellfyre- 1.9 million points
Another "Elite" alliance, but based on the rim. With no one to challenge them they will continue to grow in 35.
SWIM

I have to give everyone a swim as it i just to early to tell if any of these alliances especially the ones on the rim are going to Sink or Float because most of them don't even cover a significant portion of the ocean they control and the ones that do only have a city every few islands. In two weeks or so when more alliances start actually touching each other the Top 12 will actually have floats and sinks IMO.

DeletedUser54360

That is th e best crafted and most perceptive top 12 that I have seen in a long time.

I only want to make one point in defence of our members.

Many of them would have and indeed were laughed away at the gates of the ELITE ALPHA Groups.

We are a FIGHTING/TRAINING order . I consider the last of our kind still even vaguely successful in Modern Grepolis.

This means that Playground Bullies wil have many members to take easy gains from as we blood and train them. But in LOTR yesterday's "so called "Noobs"

(So called by idiots who think that because they know marginally more than another they have the right to call them NOOBS.)

Yesterday's NOOBS become Tomorrow's silent efficient killer /assassins. It is no accident that our GROUP city take exceeds all other groups.

We have city losses but we are training players whilst fighting on many fronts. Our gains exceed our losses and keeping Piggie Kettled in 55 has been a masterstroke.

Pease dont call what we do MRA 'ism it is far more noble and self sacrificing than that.

LOTR and RIMGROUP support bolster and nuture these other groups .

In accepting that you cannot bake cakes without breaking eggs we are apparently being beaten by Piggies . Yet Piggies are in terminal decline ? Figures do not lie you can all see the trends..

I stand by my original prediction that they will not get past Christmas..

Status
Not open for further replies.