Top 12 sink or swim 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser55202

You finished with hugging and now you dont let others hug, mr rawr? That is rude!

DeletedUser55187

.....but its not real!!!!!...........

The game may be just that - a game, but the people involved are very real. Many people form friendships and sometimes even more with the people that they come here everyday to play with. Many people invest a lot of time here, and I'd find it rather sad if they didn't form at least a few friendships along the way. When things go bad, it hurts, just like it does when relationships go bad in the real world.

DeletedUser54360

The game may be just that - a game, but the people involved are very real. Many people form friendships and sometimes even more with the people that they come here everyday to play with. Many people invest a lot of time here, and I'd find it rather sad if they didn't form at least a few friendships along the way. When things go bad, it hurts, just like it does when relationships go bad in the real world.

Somebody once said. "Playing Grepolis is a meaningless waste of time.! BUT As meaningless wastes of times go // IT is one of the BEST!":D

DeletedUser55100

Granted that some people form friendships in this game but to compare that with real life relationships is quite frankly absurd. Maybe if you struggle to develop such relationships in real life then I can understand that people may use an internet game as an alternative way to facilitate such.

Likewise I can understand how people who just don't have a life can "acquire one" by joining an internet game that has people playing of a similar ilk. Suddenly they have "friends" and have a purpose in life, but it sadly tends to be 99% of their life.

How can somebody who lives a "normal" real life afford the time to spend 8 hours online sending attacks to people on an internet game, likewise why do people get up all hours of the night because their alarm has gone off to tell them their pretend city in an internet game is being attacked by somebody LOL. Goodness sake it doesn't matter your life isn't going to be changed forever because of it... get a grip on reality for goodness sake, there are many reasons to set/receive an alarm for but losing an imaginary city on an internet game is really not that high on the list of priorities to real events.

OK people may choose to spend playing an internet game as their main social priority in life (don't know how they get the time) maybe thats their only pleasure in a lonely existence but its not healthy mentally when it becomes an obsession to the point where people who do have areal life begin to prioritise the game!!. Its an addiction with some people, an obsession with others like we have seen above but it can't be healthy mentally.

Is it healthy that people play this game to such an extent, repeatedly waking throughout the night to save their make believe cities, and play the game to the point of where it overtakes/interferes with their real life comitments. It all usually ends in tears, the mental strain reaching a crechendo up until the point where they cannot cope anymore mentally at which point they usually quit in a severe depression or deeply unhappy totally hating the game that they once enjoyed, so what was the point why let it get to such a stage that its affecting you to that extent.... tell me it doesn't happen....?

As the saying in gambling goes... when the fun stops...stop

trouble is people develop such an obsession and have such an addiction that they are unable to tell when the fun does stop. In some cases it takes months and months of sleep deprived nights and a neglect for real life events to make the penny finally drop. What was the point?

Granted that some people form friendships in this game but to compare that with real life relationships is quite frankly absurd. Maybe if you struggle to develop such relationships in real life then I can understand that people may use an internet game as an alternative way to facilitate such.

Likewise I can understand how people who just don't have a life can "acquire one" by joining an internet game that has people playing of a similar ilk. Suddenly they have "friends" and have a purpose in life, but it sadly tends to be 99% of their life.

How can somebody who lives a "normal" real life afford the time to spend 8 hours online sending attacks to people on an internet game, likewise why do people get up all hours of the night because their alarm has gone off to tell them their pretend city in an internet game is being attacked by somebody LOL. Goodness sake it doesn't matter your life isn't going to be changed forever because of it... get a grip on reality for goodness sake, there are many reasons to set/receive an alarm for but losing an imaginary city on an internet game is really not that high on the list of priorities to real events.

OK people may choose to spend playing an internet game as their main social priority in life (don't know how they get the time) maybe thats their only pleasure in a lonely existence but its not healthy mentally when it becomes an obsession to the point where people who do have areal life begin to prioritise the game!!. Its an addiction with some people, an obsession with others like we have seen above but it can't be healthy mentally.

Is it healthy that people play this game to such an extent, repeatedly waking throughout the night to save their make believe cities, and play the game to the point of where it overtakes/interferes with their real life comitments. It all usually ends in tears, the mental strain reaching a crechendo up until the point where they cannot cope anymore mentally at which point they usually quit in a severe depression or deeply unhappy totally hating the game that they once enjoyed, so what was the point why let it get to such a stage that its affecting you to that extent.... tell me it doesn't happen....?

trouble is people develop such an obsession and have such an addiction that they are unable to tell when the fun does stop. In some cases it takes months and months of sleep deprived nights and a neglect for real life events to make the penny finally drop. What was the point?

Okey this is like way of topic......

DeletedUser55187

Wow, quite the write up. I'm curious why you play grepolis if that is indeed your opinion of it.

Granted that some people form friendships in this game but to compare that with real life relationships is quite frankly absurd.

Why is it absurd? They are REAL people, and you are able to form friendships with them, even though they aren't physically in the same room as you. Sometimes it's hard for some people to go out and meet real people in the real world. Here, we are connected through a common game, and we have REAL friendships. Sometimes those friendships even grow to be REAL WORLD relationships. Why is that so wrong? It's not like we're friending robots.

I don't think this has anything to do with losing cities or losing sleep over a game. People can choose to play how they want, and yes, maybe some are addicted, but that's not what this is about.

You seem to think Charlie has mental issues stemming from something that happened in a game. He came here with friends, and there was a disagreement and a falling out in the game. That was a couple of months ago, and I am not in a position to say whether or not what happened is still affecting him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Frankly, it doesn't really matter to you or me, even.

This is a social environment. I have made many friends. I have had a few fights. Sometimes, I've let those things really affect me. I feel deeply about the people I play with. In fact, I care less about the game than the people involved. I guess you would consider me rather pathetic in real life, but that's fine. I enjoy my time here and the friendships I've made. What is the point of a game if not to have fun and make friends?

DeletedUser48335

Wow, quite the write up. I'm curious why you play grepolis if that is indeed your opinion of it.

Why is it absurd? They are REAL people, and you are able to form friendships with them, even though they aren't physically in the same room as you. Sometimes it's hard for some people to go out and meet real people in the real world. Here, we are connected through a common game, and we have REAL friendships. Sometimes those friendships even grow to be REAL WORLD relationships. Why is that so wrong? It's not like we're friending robots.

I don't think this has anything to do with losing cities or losing sleep over a game. People can choose to play how they want, and yes, maybe some are addicted, but that's not what this is about.

You seem to think Charlie has mental issues stemming from something that happened in a game. He came here with friends, and there was a disagreement and a falling out in the game. That was a couple of months ago, and I am not in a position to say whether or not what happened is still affecting him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Frankly, it doesn't really matter to you or me, even.

This is a social environment. I have made many friends. I have had a few fights. Sometimes, I've let those things really affect me. I feel deeply about the people I play with. In fact, I care less about the game than the people involved. I guess you would consider me rather pathetic in real life, but that's fine. I enjoy my time here and the friendships I've made. What is the point of a game if not to have fun and make friends?

Much love monkey <3

DeletedUser41096

Honestly sad, but this sums up many of the new age grepolis players, sit there with gold and play the game with this pathetic mentality. If you don't form friendships, don't care at all about the people you play with, think its unhealthy to defend cities, why are you playing a game based around teamwork and real time movements? Why are you here typing paragraphs literally targeting the majority of the people reading these comments? About as much of a lowlife as I have ever seen, actually, ill take a step further and say you are the most pathetic person ive seen on these forums, and the fact you play the game and are in HH only makes me hungrier, look forward to moving into ocean 64 soon.

From everything I read you are a complete narcissist, you have fun living your life with that kind of mentality, I highly doubt a person with your mindset actually makes friendships at all, or you have money and people only care about you because of that.

Only in HH do you actually have players with this kind of mentality... what a shame.

DeletedUser55100

Well we shall agree to differ I think Monkey Trouble - I am glad you enjoy the game like many others, as i said above if you read carefully I did agree about the benefits to some people that being part of a gaming community. I only play the game very lightly as one of a variety of ways to ease the boredom of a train journey mainly, in fact I play the event more than i play the game itself lol, no gold used but just to see how many units i can get rid of and what box it will take me to.

No i don't consider you pathetic, what I consider pathetic is the people that become obsessed to ridiculous levels within the game. You have people obsessing about personal vendettas on an internet game - at the end of the day it really doesn't matter its a game for goodness sake but it becomes an obsession.

It has increased over the years i think, and sadly the way the game has developed has contributed I think.

If somebody has to sit at a PC or phone for 8 hours spamming somebody you are telling me that that person is normal LOL ? Its an obsession, anger, resentment, jealousy, whatever, for something in an internet game to make somebody want to go to those lengths is a little worrying.

Unfortunately people do play the game so seriously that it does impact upon their real lives, i repeat people willingly have alarms and get up several times a night because their pretend city in an internet game is being attacked! These same people endure this for weeks/months and then when they can bear it no more usually end up quitting because they are so miserable - what was the point!

Playing the game is fine but when you have people on here whos only purpose in life seems to be to trip an alarm as many times as they possibly can in the hope that they make them eventually quit the game is actually rather sad and you have to question the mentality of anybody who willingly sets out to do that, probably internet trolls the time they are not playing grepolis.

You get to see it more and more sadly, time an internet game gets personal its time to find another more productive use of your time.

So Monkey Trouble if I find you in game and spam you for the 6 or so hours when you are inactive every day for the sake of it that is ok with you?

there are too many internet trolls/bullies in this world but unfortunately games like this are heaven for them.

DeletedUser55187

Only in HH do you actually have players with this kind of mentality... what a shame.

Ummmm... no. Just no.

Well we shall agree to differ I think Monkey Trouble - I am glad you enjoy the game like many others, as i said above if you read carefully I did agree about the benefits to some people that being part of a gaming community. I only play the game very lightly as one of a variety of ways to ease the boredom of a train journey mainly, in fact I play the event more than i play the game itself lol, no gold used but just to see how many units i can get rid of and what box it will take me to.

No i don't consider you pathetic, what I consider pathetic is the people that become obsessed to ridiculous levels within the game. You have people obsessing about personal vendettas on an internet game - at the end of the day it really doesn't matter its a game for goodness sake but it becomes an obsession.

It has increased over the years i think, and sadly the way the game has developed has contributed I think.

If somebody has to sit at a PC or phone for 8 hours spamming somebody you are telling me that that person is normal LOL ? Its an obsession, anger, resentment, jealousy, whatever, for something in an internet game to make somebody want to go to those lengths is a little worrying.

Unfortunately people do play the game so seriously that it does impact upon their real lives, i repeat people willingly have alarms and get up several times a night because their pretend city in an internet game is being attacked! These same people endure this for weeks/months and then when they can bear it no more usually end up quitting because they are so miserable - what was the point!

Playing the game is fine but when you have people on here whos only purpose in life seems to be to trip an alarm as many times as they possibly can in the hope that they make them eventually quit the game is actually rather sad and you have to question the mentality of anybody who willingly sets out to do that, probably internet trolls the time they are not playing grepolis.

You get to see it more and more sadly, time an internet game gets personal its time to find another more productive use of your time.

So Monkey Trouble if I find you in game and spam you for the 6 or so hours when you are inactive every day for the sake of it that is ok with you?

there are too many internet trolls/bullies in this world but unfortunately games like this are heaven for them.

I don't even know where to start with this. What on earth are you going on about here? I say that it is normal, and not uncommon, to make real friendships in this game, and somehow that means you should spam me for 6 hours???

DeletedUser54067

Since no one else seems interested, I'll likely do a Top 12 later today or tomorrow.

DeletedUser31385

Do not discuss any possible cheating here. If you have proof of any cheating, please send in a support ticket.

DeletedUser54360

1 LOTR POINTS 1 BP RANK 3

This may be the only Alliance group ever to lose its way to the top.. But in reality should be at no 3 or 4

Horrific Conquest statistics .. Predicted to be destroyed several times ... And yet somehow has not only floated but swum progressively stronger as this world has progressed. Survived a difficult birth in a nightmare Ocean.
No1 spot not justified but a strong contender for wonders if they can continue to keep major competitors at arms length. SWIM

2 SAVAGE GREEN BP RANK 2

STRONG GROUP and STRONG SWIM

3 JFL /ODIN BP RANK 4

If the merge goes smoothly SWIM A few early Successes STRONG SWIM .

4 6 7 8 Are theoretically parts of SAVAGE group but they are self immolating . Picking up cities ( as is everyone from LOTR ) as LOTR refocuses on its North 55 Core and Ocean 65 . But without any real enthusiasm . SWIM

5 10 HH Group .. If they ever kissed and made up with Charlie could have a significant impact on the World Outcome still . SWIM

11 Masked Profanity First entry into top 12 . Decent group of players, But out of position and despite picking up elements of REnegades have no way forward . Profess no interest in wonders which is good as they have no chance ( at present ) . Despite picking up cities consistently in South 56 their growth was stalled sufficiently to ensure they will not make the big impact on this world that they had hoped for.
Things can change and stated intentions can and do change with this group.

STONG SWIM

12 RF I really have no information . Please pm me in game annd I will edit with your insights in mind..

SWIM..

DeletedUser52220

11 Masked Profanity First entry into top 12 . Decent group of players, But out of position and despite picking up elements of REnegades have no way forward . Profess no interest in wonders which is good as they have no chance ( at present ) . Despite picking up cities consistently in South 56 their growth was stalled sufficiently to ensure they will not make the big impact on this world that they had hoped for.
Things can change and stated intentions can and do change with this group.

STONG SWIM

IDK what our stated intentions are, or what your definition of 'stalling' is, or even what big impact we hoped for beyond just taking cities in our path, but that aside, thanks for at least trying to be unbiased.

DeletedUser54360

IDK what our stated intentions are, or what your definition of 'stalling' is, or even what big impact we hoped for beyond just taking cities in our path, but that aside, thanks for at least trying to be unbiased.

Bearissimus ( to my best knowledge ) has stated you are in this world to fight and have fun only. I am not attempting to misstate or distort here. If that is incorrect please PM and I will edit and restate

DeletedUser54792

lol, I like the fact that WG is consistent. He hopes that by saying the best fighting group in Byblos is "Imploding" or "Self Immolating" enough times that it might come true. Sadly for him, not even close. Never been stronger. We smashed Hellfyre, are destroying Balds, eating LotR, and taking a city from Charlie as I type. Keep dreaming WG, there is no stopping our momentum.
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

DeletedUser42519

lol, I like the fact that WG is consistent. He hopes that by saying the best fighting group in Byblos is "Imploding" or "Self Immolating" enough times that it might come true. Sadly for him, not even close. Never been stronger. We smashed Hellfyre, are destroying Balds, eating LotR, and taking a city from Charlie as I type. Keep dreaming WG, there is no stopping our momentum.

And lost 4cities in 2days while you are only taking one ;)

DeletedUser41096

What... you snuck a cs in sure, turkey hits ya hard, we took 3 from you in the last 24 hours and another 1 in siege as we type, have already made a player quit, do not be disrespectful. I will let my family know next year if I'm still around, its chicken for dinner not turkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.