Top 12 Top 12 SINK OR SWIM

DeletedUser13405

Your likely conversation scenario:
OV Leadership: Lets see, there are some of our players surrounded by an ally we intend to betray, lets pre-stack their cities.
OV O55 member: Why are you sending all this alliance support into O55 when we are surrounded by allies?
RUSE: He we hear rumors you are sending major support to cities in O55, there are no immediate threats within 8+ hours of your cities here, and as per our agreement we would help you support your players should they request it.
OV Leadership: Oh, (innocent expression) this is just a training exercise, we felt it would be a good idea to send all our support to a different ocean while war with Venom was pending.
RUSE Leadership - umm
OV O55 Player - umm
Evo Player - I think they might have caught on OV
Venom player - Thanks for the free cities
World - Doh

Yup, that seems more likely.

That was beautiful!! +rep!

DeletedUser47953

Or, it could mean that while OV was planning this they felt it unwise to inform the rank and file which at that point all the members in O55 were... and instead keep the discussion between the leadership of the various alliances they were planning this so-called backstabbing with.

Kind of makes you wonder who OV could have been talking too that would have informed on them though. Perhaps someone that was approached? I am unfamiliar with your alliances policies, do they make all their plans known to all players? or only leadership is involved in the planning stages? Are you leadership Goku, or at the time the pact was dissolved were you informed on everything that was being considered or decided upon by leadership?

It presents an interesting dilemma certainly as to whether to trust the the word of leadership that has since had to step back due to their ineptitude, and that if an alliance really was genuine about working together why they had players in council begging other alliances not to maintain relationships with RUSE. But I am sure you knew all this beforehand, being involved in all the back room discussions that would make you so confident as to claim Skully's pnp s something that could be 'busted' because of something that would have caused red flags to go up everywhere.

OV Leadership: Lets see, there are some of our players surrounded by an ally we intend to betray, lets pre-stack their cities.
OV O55 member: Why are you sending all this alliance support into O55 when we are surrounded by allies?
RUSE: He we hear rumors you are sending major support to cities in O55, there are no immediate threats within 8+ hours of your cities here, and as per our agreement we would help you support your players should they request it.
OV Leadership: Oh, (innocent expression) this is just a training exercise, we felt it would be a good idea to send all our support to a different ocean while war with Venom was pending.
RUSE Leadership - umm
OV O55 Player - umm
World - Doh

Basically, there was no support build up and there was no prior warning with regards to the NAP. I was on when the war started and it started with players in O55 saying something like "I have an attack coming from a Ruse member. Aren't we NAP'd with them?" The response was "We'll see what is going on." Before any contact could be made 3 or 4 more members said "We are also being attacked at the same time." General response of leaders and members "Well, guess Ruse just broke the NAP." Then members in O44 start saying, "Incoming from Venom. Looks like Venom and Ruse planned an OP together..."

So basically, everything Ruse members are saying on the forum is hogwash. I know what the conversation was because I was online when it happened. The only backstabbing that occurred was done by Ruse and Ruse members are spouting their propaganda on this forum to try and get everyone on board with taking out OV. Well guess what, the Ruse takeovers initially were easy. The cities in O55 were not stacked, not prepared, and not clustered and taken by massive attacks with no forewarning such as the 24-48 hour warning usually given before commencement of hostilities by honorable alliances.

Why does Ruse feel a need to win a propaganda war on the outer forums? I'll take a stab and say, they couldn't take us on by themselves and are no longer gaining ground against us even with help from Venom who we are basically trouncing in the west. Meanwhile, Toxic fell apart and is being eaten as we speak in the north... So, if Ruse cannot actually win a shooting war with OV in the long run, I would conjecture that they would like more help and need to convince other alliances that our leaders are the backstabbers and that Ruse should be trusted to provide the final word on all things on EN 80...

...and if you believe that, I've got some great oceanfront property in Vegas to sell you...

Happy Hunting! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12512

That was perhaps the most pedestrian attempt at a spin I have seen in EN80 so far.

You heard a general Skype room conversation...where OV leadership didn't mention that they had planned to attack RUSE or break the NAP so...they must be the victim in all of this.

You saw attacks on your alliance, therefore everyone on the server must be in cahoots against you, oh the unfairness of it all that your coalition wasn't quite ready when you were called to task for your actions.

Why does OV membership feel the need to defend themselves on an outside forum? Do you need to be perceived as the poor helpless top ranked alliance to garner more support?

<Insert meaningless threat or lame analogy here>

Happy Turtle'ing!

DeletedUser22115

The only backstabbing that occurred was done by Ruse and Ruse members are spouting their propaganda on this forum to try and get everyone on board with taking out OV.

your saying we have gotten support in this war??? We never asked any alliance for help. They either came to us with a vengeance against you and most were denied. Considering you have pacted all round you, and attempted to create a coalition to fight us

DeletedUser43011

I just want to point out Toxic fell apart a week ago so I find it hard theyre get trashed in the north however stranger things have happened

DeletedUser

...even with help from Venom who we are basically trouncing in the west...
8903839881.png

VS

c214efd7e0.png

DeletedUser35496

Man I was about to write a big tell all about the alliance pacts and NAPS, but as soon as I started I read back on the comments made and I thought....actually I didn't think so! SO BORING! Please leave your negative unsigned comments lol....

DeletedUser40768

Why does Ruse feel a need to win a propaganda war on the outer forums? I'll take a stab and say, they couldn't take us on by themselves and are no longer gaining ground against us even with help from Venom who we are basically trouncing in the west. Meanwhile, Toxic fell apart and is being eaten as we speak in the north...

Politics in a game are just as important as in RL. How you influence public perception goes a long way to how you can succeed with your alliance. Advantages can be gained through propaganda. Yeah there were tensions in Toxic, clash of egos, no plan of direction, and many leaders just gave up and had enough. Really had nothing to do with OV, and the core of Toxic now made Avernus pretty much so can't see how it relates to your statement.

DeletedUser44089

Politics in a game are just as important as in RL. How you influence public perception goes a long way to how you can succeed with your alliance. Advantages can be gained through propaganda. Yeah there were tensions in Toxic, clash of egos, no plan of direction, and many leaders just gave up and had enough. Really had nothing to do with OV, and the core of Toxic now made Avernus pretty much so can't see how it relates to your statement.

I second this, why, this is a war game.

How do you think wars are fought with happy balloon and , no, but with backstabbing, hate, spies and treachery.

Unless you are honor bound (watch where that got Ned Stark).

DeletedUser43011

I second this, why, this is a war game.

How do you think wars are fought with happy balloon and , no, but with backstabbing, hate, spies and treachery.

Unless you are honor bound (watch where that got Ned Stark).

I also agree check the quote under my sig

DeletedUser25971

Atticus X said:
RUSE Leadership - umm
OV O55 Player - umm
World - Doh

That could have been posted as a separate PnP thread. Good stuff. +rep

DeletedUser11886

Politics in Grepolis are incredibly important, more than you think. A good PnP can make people hate an alliance, or love it. It makes sides. It starts wars. Without politics, grepo would just be people sending attacks randomly at people they find threatening.

DeletedUser33530

Politics in Grepolis are incredibly important, more than you think. A good PnP can make people hate an alliance, or love it. It makes sides. It starts wars. Without politics, grepo would just be people sending attacks randomly at people they find threatening.
I think is what politics is anyway expect with more words and stupidity.

DeletedUser22708

Aaah the sweet smell of rivalry, missed it lol.

Current state of affairs in O44 is everyone against Venomium.
OV have got a pact with Scorpions and even one with an mra known as Incidiouse Basterds, they're just that desperate lol.
They probably have a boatload of other pacts in other oceans as well, wouldn't surprise me.

GO GO OV!!