Top 12 Top 12 Sink or Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16560

Good job, nicely done top 12.

My first likes in these forums. Not that i haven't liked posts before but had decided to abstain from this new format where we don't have a not like button opposed to the old +/- reputation format.

DeletedUser32254

It's been a while since the last Top 12 analysis and I haven't written one for this world yet, so I thought I'd give it a go. I used GREPOLIFE for the statistics and locations. I've been writing this in sections during the day, so apologies if there have been a few minor changes in conquest scores since then. I've tried to avoid personal bias where possible, but accept that a little may have creeped in. Please try not to get too offended by any of it. Any comments or (constructive) criticism welcome. :)

1. INVICTA
  • BP - 2nd | ABP - 2nd | DBP - 9th
  • Wars: 70-0 vs Deuces Wild, 43-0 vs Fight Club, 27-0 vs Black Widows
  • They're a strong team, no doubt about that. Lots of familiar faces from en97's MGGA and en99's Repossession Agents + Suicide Squad, as well as some from en95's TINAE. They've been at the top for a while now, still managing to keep ahead of The Evil Empire's growth rate. Dominating their core ocean - it's not completely clear yet, but they have done well at crushing resistance in the area, and they should clear their core ocean completely without much difficulty. Their NAP with Rogue Traders has secured their western front, allowing them to fully focus on cleaning up their core ocean. Good ABP score from their multiple OPs gives them a nice total BP ranking. Their DBP is lacking, but that seems to be because no major teams are attacking them heavily, so it's not exactly their fault. The second branch (that they are slowly absorbing into their main branch) adds a few more familiar faces, but they aren't intending to keep it for long, so it won't be a numbers advantage later on. Despite any personal opinions, their leadership did well on Pagasae, and I don't see that changing soon. An alliance that is focused on WWs, growth and keeping their core spotless will be a key focus for them. SWIM.

That is your top 12,,Just INVICTA.
This world is a runaway for them unless something major happens and that seems unlikely.

They have the activity, loyalty, and experience, they skillfully use NAPs-until they are ready to eat, they do well at avoiding wars with equal sized opponents, they will pact-merge as the WW's get closer, they are well organized for very quickly completing WWs, they have plenty of gold and apply it very liberally. Their pending complete control of 55 will seal the deal.
It is a winning formula though it tends to foster boredom in the ranks and they have that covered as well. -Quality replacements will not be hard to find as their dominance becomes obvious.

Again, unless something major happens, and likely quickly, Congrats to INVICTA for winning the Carystus Crown.

DeletedUser55280

That is your top 12,,Just INVICTA.
This world is a runaway for them unless something major happens and that seems unlikely.

They have the activity, loyalty, and experience, they skillfully use NAPs-until they are ready to eat, they do well at avoiding wars with equal sized opponents, they will pact-merge as the WW's get closer, they are well organized for very quickly completing WWs, they have plenty of gold and apply it very liberally. Their pending complete control of 55 will seal the deal.
It is a winning formula though it tends to foster boredom in the ranks and they have that covered as well. -Quality replacements will not be hard to find as their dominance becomes obvious.

Again, unless something major happens, and likely quickly, Congrats to INVICTA for winning the Carystus Crown.

I think this is a bit early to say. they're in a good position, without a doubt. but there are always unforseen things to happen. but yeah if they do win (and the possibilty is higher than anything elsewhere), you can shout "first".

DeletedUser51423

Posts need to be in English. Infractions are being issued if you post in another language.

DeletedUser345

It's been a while since the last Top 12 analysis and I haven't written one for this world yet, so I thought I'd give it a go. I used GREPOLIFE for the statistics and locations. I've been writing this in sections during the day, so apologies if there have been a few minor changes in conquest scores since then. I've tried to avoid personal bias where possible, but accept that a little may have creeped in. Please try not to get too offended by any of it. Any comments or (constructive) criticism welcome. :)

Cheers mate, this was very useful for getting a catch-up of all the different teams

DeletedUser46391

1 INVICTA
"Securing" their borders and not fighting anyone of note. Don't think they are here to win given their avoidance of 55 even going so far as to offer cities off to Who cares. But Swim anyway since they have Lisa, hurricane, engine, Apop, priest, laff, annette, lil and sid. Management are sensitive but not insecure about public forums which is a sign they are running a tight ship. Plus they have a fun poet.

2 THE EVIL EMPIRE
Will probably win if left unchecked. Using players in small alliances like fight club to flank other alliances and hand off mid-game like they did on the US servers. Mostly cannibalising themselves (so can be seen as fighting TEE more than anyone else) for bp since they are producing a lot less res than there were before xoka's "mm" (apparently).

3 Rogue Traders
Rubbish alliance.
Who calls themselves traders then attacks everyone?
Who can they sell their res to if they keep doing that!?
They can't even fly under the radar properly the way they are growing.
Fighting no one of note other than some TEE plants in other alliances (surprised "Ghost Elite" haven't popped up yet too).
The only thing they have going for them is their looks. SINK
Any complaints best people to contact are Oblivious101, Foo or poop. In fact best contact poop. He is a kind and caring young man with a majestic beard, a softly spoken voice and is a shining beacon of calmness and joy in its purest forms. In fact, just one series of pm's will ensure that he will soothe your lonesomeness and take your worries away. He can also cook, organise parcel deliveries on a mass scale and can catch his own dinner. Rumor has it he has turned down several offers to be given the Nobel peace prize for services in grep and instead chooses to champion those with low morale instead.
Any gossip Talk to bear. Even better if the gossip is actually true.

4 Who Cares
Fighting Tee. Which is odd as they aren't here to win but I'd say any alliance after a crown should be thanking them. Depends on who they make friends with. I hope they Float minimum as I like these guys.

5 Phobia

Fighting WIB and gench's gang of talkative, apple tea drinking bastions of unreliability. Will probably fight Tee soon. Floaty-sinky-swim depending on who they make friends with.

6 Written In Blood

Lot's of friends and lovely people here. Will stake 45 as theirs then get angry with anyone that tries to fart near the ocean. May get a crown *cough* Golgi *cough friends* but will be hard pushed if they annoy their friends with bad diplomacy and force them to play spoiler.
Like the top alliance, they probably won't be fighting TEE. Paddle/swim

7 D.T.L

Merging +++. Not after a crown and not fighting TEE. Heathen Outlaw is the best person to talk to for a fast response.

8 BLOOD HELLRAISERS

See 6 but with less conviction.

9 Dost Teknesi Hanedan
SINK
alliances that are too cool for school get expelled. Alku is the only player in that alliance worh the time of day.

10 Nocturnos
This Also not fighting Tee...

11 AMICI VETERES
Don't know much about them to be honest. Get in touch. :p

12 Grepo addicts

Nicely situated in their ocean. Will likely be fighting TEE.

Honarary mentions/anyone that asks...
Griffindor:

More Ravenclaw myself but these chaps have an interesting location and will hit TEE from what I gather as they want to try for a win.
Just for Laughs:
Caught between a rock and a hard place they have 4 players and one guy from the wrong side of the river. Not sure of their take on TEE but I can imagine it isn't favorable. More likely to fight them than some top alliances...
Obsidian vanguard:
Build nice cities, broke ties wit fight club after finding out they are a front for TEE. Will become incredibly relevant in 43...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50245

[B said:
Obsidian vanguard:[/B]
Build nice cities, broke ties wit fight club after finding out they are a front for TEE. Will become incredibly relevant in 43...
seriously?
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser16560

Celebrations in your honor are being planned. However, there are rumors that a political opponent may use the festivities to harm you. Would you rather cancel the celebration?

a) Ignore rumors and keep on smoking from the propaganda pipe
smiley_emoticons_saufen.gif

b) Endure effect of severe thirst
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif

c)
smiley_emoticons_medusa.gif
Dont look into my eyes or I'll turn you into a stoner

Status
Not open for further replies.