Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser54054

You all can say Criki did a big mistake and was throwing himself and his alliance under the bus by proclaiming war from day one vs the Confetti family.

You all can say he did paint a large target on his and his alliance back by rallying all alliances willing to hit the Confetti group.
Under normal circumstances it was crazy, hell even stupid.

But the Confetti family are far from normal. Even though seperate alliances and maybe even no pact or deals there are a unwritten understanding these clicks and blast from the past will come together in time of need. Criki did shout, he did shout out loud but the fact to the matter is this would have happen anyway, seen this and done that for ever now it seem.

Am i the only one who finds these clicks annoying and poison to the game?

DeletedUser48256

You all can say Criki did a big mistake and was throwing himself and his alliance under the bus by proclaiming war from day one vs the Confetti family.

You all can say he did paint a large target on his and his alliance back by rallying all alliances willing to hit the Confetti group.
Under normal circumstances it was crazy, hell even stupid.

But the Confetti family are far from normal. Even though seperate alliances and maybe even no pact or deals there are a unwritten understanding these clicks and blast from the past will come together in time of need. Criki did shout, he did shout out loud but the fact to the matter is this would have happen anyway, seen this and done that for ever now it seem.

Am i the only one who finds these clicks annoying and poison to the game?

Yes, all the hugging that goes on nowadays is annoying but at the end of the day, in Domination, only one alliance can win. So it'll be interesting to see how long it is before agreements end and friends become enemies. That's what I'm looking forward to this world - the fact that there will be no pacts come Domination time unless some alliance doesn't want to win for some dumb reason.

jameslongst

Strategos
Yes, all the hugging that goes on nowadays is annoying but at the end of the day, in Domination, only one alliance can win. So it'll be interesting to see how long it is before agreements end and friends become enemies. That's what I'm looking forward to this world - the fact that there will be no pacts come Domination time unless some alliance doesn't want to win for some dumb reason.

That's only a problem if everybody wants that stupid medal at the end.

For some peeps, quite a few of them, running with the big dogs is enough of a win for them. Thus I believe we will continue to see these huge mega alliances forming which imho will be able to hold together until the end. Then will be said that phrase I hate, that last nail in many a servers coffin: "I'm just here to have fun."

Very big props to those that choose to NOT go down that road.

DeletedUser41523

Technically only one alliance could win in Wonders. Everyone else just took the cosmetic crowns and awards. There wasnt a favor bonus or anything. I kinda agree with @jameslongst that running with the big dogs is enough for a lot of people. Especially if they're you're friends.

Anyways let's all assume Criki 100% right and that we're all working against him. We're not but let's pretend for the sake argument. Here's why he's a bad leader regardless.

1) He 100% would have seen that coming and still landed between all of us.

2) He claims that he has 20 good people. But felt the need to make an MRA of players he thought was bad.

3) He pissed off everyone around him while knowing he wasn't in any winning position.

He could have played this so differently. Like not going full MRA and sticking with his 20 players. Landing in one place. Hell even waiting a month and landing in a rim ocean away from the main competition and building up there. Instead he dropped in 4 oceans and annoyed everyone.

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
Technically only one alliance could win in Wonders. Everyone else just took the cosmetic crowns and awards. There wasnt a favor bonus or anything. I kinda agree with @jameslongst that running with the big dogs is enough for a lot of people. Especially if they're you're friends.

Anyways let's all assume Criki 100% right and that we're all working against him. We're not but let's pretend for the sake argument. Here's why he's a bad leader regardless.

2) He claims that he has 20 good people. But felt the need to make an MRA of players he thought was bad.

3) He pissed off everyone around him while knowing he wasn't in any winning position.

He could have played this so differently. Like not going full MRA and sticking with his 20 players. Landing in one place. Hell even waiting a month and landing in a rim ocean away from the main competition and building up there. Instead he dropped in 4 oceans and annoyed everyone.

When you look at it as a third person, it really just looks like everyone picking on Thermo even before they landed and Criki just lashing back out.
Do I agree he is a bad leader? maybe, probably (must have done something right to have led successfully b4 eh?) a lot of things can go wrong, certainly looks like it in this world. Definitely comes off as lose nut posting his own interview haha, but as for pissing people off? hmmmmmmm

Half this thread has been 108 history anyways, feels like I know more about that world then worlds I have actually played in. Don't think any player has been talked about as much as criki has.

Thermo/confetti same-same, just confetti better at it.

Also you don't have to work together, to be working together. You been hittin thermo, conf has been hittin, avengers and vg seemed to have joined in. To thermo it doesn't matter if you have talked or not, to them you are all hittin thermo, and sure you can make the claim 'Thermo has more players,' 'bigger MRA' but lets be honest here. How many do you recognize?? how many do you recognize in conf/guild??

Last edited:

DeletedUser48582

Seriously.. every single comment you write is concerning Criki i figure he most have hurt you on a previous server?

Thermo might have made some really bad moves in the beginning (especially on position) but when all comes to all you gotta respect their will. Not many Alliances would have taken those beatings so early in the game. Loosing cities by the hundreds, seeing scared players being poached, more Alliances declaring war etc. most alliances would have broken into pieces.

In my eyes that Can only be respected.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

@Donpj111

No. Never met him before this world, I normally play conq. As for the comments regarding him, most the time I come on, that's the topic, i'm in the same ocean and are fighting his alliance, so I feel I can weigh in.. I could respect the ambition if it wasn't followed by complaints and appearing to trash his own alliance. It reminds me of a person who tries to lose weight, but breaks on their diet and skips the gym 6 days a week then complains at the results.

When it comes to respect, it has to be earned in my opinion. A good start would maybe be being respectful to ones enemies.

DeletedUser54745

Anyone that says us and thermo are the same we are just better needs to get one thing straight. We know everyone we recruit from previous worlds and know how they play. We didn’t join this world to recruit everyone around us. We didn’t make the mistake that cost thermo the world.

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
Anyone that says us and thermo are the same we are just better needs to get one thing straight. We know everyone we recruit from previous worlds and know how they play. We didn’t join this world to recruit everyone around us. We didn’t make the mistake that cost thermo the world.

That's literally my point ain't it? You are just rephrasing the last bit I have said. you know the "how many do you recognize bit?"
Actually you are not rephrasing, you are supporting my point.

Thermo is a traditional MRA, whereas confetti are premade/selective mra. MRA 2.0 so to speak
It's a good strat don't get me wrong, it's a proven method to win worlds and it looks strong in the new format too.

Last edited:

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
That's literally my point ain't it? You are just rephrasing the last bit I have said.

thermo is a traditional MRA, whereas you are premade/selective mra. MRA 2.0 so to speak
It's a good strat don't get me wrong, it's a proven method to win worlds and it looks strong in the new format too.

well foo, it's actually not true. you basically have 3 teams, confetti, guild and blame game, who have been accused of being a family, which isn't true. They just so happened to all pick the tactically sound choice: crush a weak team. But when thermos gone, then what? it's 60 to win it and all the teams know that. Regardless of what one thinks there are WAYYYY to many egos in all 3 of them to have 1 team and 2 backups teams. It's not a dig at them, it's the truth. Same with Sons family, you think all of sons of thor is just going to be like "this was fun, here's the win?" I doubt it.

Criki has well deserved shade thrown at him. He didn't build an alliance, according to him, he ran a garbage company. He was the owner, and everyone else his personal trash to throw around. Unfortunately, he LED his team to defeat. He could have stopped pounding his chest, and recruiting from the NE corner of 54 to the SW corner of 45, but he didn't. then when he lost cities, he blamed alliances for working together? He bordered nearly every major team.

#factcheckyourself foo

DeletedUser54484

Confetti (and their previous names) are a great premade plain and simple, Thermo maybe not so much.. (my own speculation from just this server) The one thing i will say, whether or not you agree is up to debate, is that they play to win... and do whatever it takes. Ive seen their alliance with 1,2,3 and 4 branches, have more pacts than enemies and mass recruit to stay in the game. All of these are based off the simple fact that they want to win, and they are very good at it. They are fighters, but only when the odds are in their favour (like 99.9% of all winning alliances)

Confetti obv know what they are doing... and from what I've gathered, Criki not so much.

Maybe its a lesson Criki can learn, don't talk all this smack and not have the goods to back it up and/or be prepared to get hit by multiple alliances.

Last edited by a moderator:

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
well foo, it's actually not true. you basically have 3 teams, confetti, guild and blame game, who have been accused of being a family, which isn't true. They just so happened to all pick the tactically sound choice: crush a weak team. But when thermos gone, then what? it's 60 to win it and all the teams know that. Regardless of what one thinks there are WAYYYY to many egos in all 3 of them to have 1 team and 2 backups teams. It's not a dig at them, it's the truth. Same with Sons family, you think all of sons of thor is just going to be like "this was fun, here's the win?" I doubt it.

Criki has well deserved shade thrown at him. He didn't build an alliance, according to him, he ran a garbage company. He was the owner, and everyone else his personal trash to throw around. Unfortunately, he LED his team to defeat. He could have stopped pounding his chest, and recruiting from the NE corner of 54 to the SW corner of 45, but he didn't. then when he lost cities, he blamed alliances for working together? He bordered nearly every major team.

#factcheckyourself foo

I will try an address every point you have made to the best of my understanding of what is going on.

Confetti Family? TBG?
I have never been one of the players that have put Confetti/Guild with TBG as one family. I don't think I have ever said it anywhere that they are 'family'. In fact I believe TBG probably hasn't even had the need to reach out to Guild. Even if they did at most they would have a do not hit.
I mean looking at the map it's obvious and the right move by tbg is to feed on the immediate thermos near them, as they were gonna collapse weather tbg attacked or not. I am surprised why VG took so long, should have joined in on the feast. I am sure Sons would too if they were close enough. My point has never been they are one 'family'. As you said this is largely due to thermos position. But I would like to point out how similar it was too confetti's.
My point is for the general thermo player, it doesn't matter if the other alliances are working together or not.

The real war for domination is just around the corner

Criki's leadership:
I quote myself, "Do I agree he is a bad leader? maybe, probably (must have done something right to have led successfully b4 eh?) a lot of things can go wrong, certainly looks like it did in this world."

That's kinda me saying he screwed up this world which is also what you are saying, but not taking away credit from him for winning whatever other world that they did.

And yeah when you put it like that
"Criki has well deserved shade thrown at him. He didn't build an alliance, according to him, he ran a garbage company. He was the owner, and everyone else his personal trash to throw around."
I really cant't argue here, got nothing to say against that.
But even before Criki made the statement, it was basically drooling over thermo before the world had even started, which is what I mean with criki lashing back out. This follows up to the 60 player

60 Players
I think i have addressed this in a previous post i made in reply to neily in greater depth. At the risk of repetition. Here is how I see things happening. The two sisters alliances wont go to a war. Simply a merge of the most well coordinated members that work best together will take place. Members in the sister alliance simply wouldn't have the power to rise up and rebel and due to the nature of previous worlds (WW) which has made players happy to help 'friends' out to win. Every alliance with a second branch would to some extent be guilty of this.
There could have an interesting diplomatic aspect where those in the sister alliances fueled by revenge might side with opposing alliances. But its unlikely, I just don't see it happening at-least not in this world. Its too soon after the WW format and anyways this is the first domination world. Who knows what works.
So hats of to the alliances keeping it one branch. And maybe TF if that second branch truly remains a holding branch instead of repetition of White Snakes in 105.

Last edited:

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
60 Players
I think i have addressed this in a previous post i made in reply to neily in greater depth. At the risk of repetition. Here is how I see things happening. The two sisters alliances wont go to a war. Simply a merge of the most well coordinated members that work best together will take place. Members in the sister alliance simply wouldn't have the power to rise up and rebel and due to the nature of previous worlds (WW) which has made players happy to help 'friends' out to win. Every alliance with a second branch would to some extent be guilty of this.
There could have an interesting diplomatic aspect where those in the sister alliances fueled by revenge might side with opposing alliances. But its unlikely, I just don't see it happening at-least not in this world. Its too soon after the WW format and anyways this is the first domination world. Who knows what works.
So hats of to the alliances keeping it one branch. And maybe TF if that second branch truly remains a holding branch instead of repetition of White Snakes in 105.
Sadly Grepo has become a "who-has-the-most-crowns-game". MRAs will find a workaround

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
How about this true fear, because until last night I had absolutely nothing against you. In two weeks I'll do another top 12 and if I see a significant difference that makes my opinion change as to how you will end the world not only will I pubiclly apologise for saying what I said I will give each player 200 gold as way of an apology?

new top 12?