Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser55362

I could try a paper I suppose if anyone wants. (Not sure if the report thing is that already or not)

The release might be random though as it's dependent on when I get time from grad school.

Just be "professional" and speak with Virtual, for a good paper you both agree, so we don't get a double topics or anything.

[you know I love you smilodon, for proving i was righ all along, en107]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55741

Top 12

262krhe.jpg

xc39lv.jpg

Confetti - Guild of Infidels

Current Position: 1st -12th
As Attackers: 1st -17th
As Defenders: 3rd - 6th
Number of Players: 58 - 34 Total: 92
Colour: Red

Well I think we can all agree this is a strong looking team being 10k above all other alliances in attackers two days out of BP is impressive. Its nice to see some returning faces, welcome back to the mad house Kron. Grouping could be stronger but Kron is one of those leaders that never really does anything without a reason, he looks at the board and knows what to do with it. There position is strong, some players seem to have gone a little rogue but I'm sure they'll be grouping tighter soon enough. Fighting Thermo, easily to predict after events in the last world. Will they win that war? Most likely, unless VG decide to take a crack at them also in which case they're getting it from both sides they may struggle. Also fighting the Dragons....well I use the term fighting loosly with the DF.

Current City Takes:
7 from TF, 4 from DF, 1 from Kleos

Thermopylae - Thermopylae II - Mobius
Current Position: 2nd, 8th and 15th
As Attackers: 5th, 7th and 20th
As Defenders: 1st, 7th and 23rd
Number of Players: 60, 60 and 46 Total:166
Colour: Dark Green

MRA, its difficult when experienced players are lead by wingnuts, which is the politest word I can think of to describe Criki. They were a bit like a firework in the last world, started good but fizzled out quickly, yes I'm aware there were some odd circumstances surrounding the political aspects of their last world but hey ho. They don't have the same gumption in this world as they did before. They may be doing well in numbers, more than they can give a crown too but I don't see that as an issue since I doubt by the time crowns come around they'll be here. They do have some good playes, but I see several names that in past worlds have been top 10 that seem to have lost the will to fight this world.

Current City Takes:
1 from KAOS, 7 from the DF

Sons of Odin - Sons of Thor
Current Position: 3rd -18th
As Attackers: 2nd - 29th
As Defenders: 17th - 32nd
Number of Players: 56 - 22 Total: 78
Colour: Blue

Probably the tightest grouped alliance in the top 12, strong position can see them going to war with Never Walk Alone who I believe are going for domination of 45. They have a decent amount of players, can easily be wittled down over the coming months to ensure everyone gets a crown if they survive the world. Currently I don't see them as a contender for domination but we will see they are in a strong position however they are limited to who they can fight in the long run and by fight I mean an alliance that's actually going to challenge them. Never Walk Alone appear to be a strong team but I think Odin already has an advantage over them, they have no one who can put pressure on them from above or behind.

Current City Takes:
1 from Thermo Family, 3 from the Confetti Family, 14 from the Dragon Family

VELHA GUARDA
Current Position: 4th
As Attackers: 4th
As Defenders: 19th
Number of Players: 56
Colour: Purple

Portuguese team, have won many wolrds on their server, just in case y'all hadn't already heard that. A little spread out, grouping could definitely use some work. Not to mention the fact they are surrounded by some pretty decent teams. From what I've heard they haven't made the best choices in who to pick a fight with. Currently they aren't really being challenged as far as defence goes so we will have to see what happens when someone does step up and challenge them.

Current City Takes:
1 from TF, 1 from Kleos.

The Blame Game
Current Position: 5th
As Attackers: 9th
As Defenders: 10th
Number of Players: 53
Colour: Yellow

Good team, some big names, strong leaders, if someone can count up how many worlds Poop and Destroxxi have won over the two different servers they play I think our Portuguse friends might feel embarrassed about shouting about their wins, same goes for Erik and Kron in Confetti and Guild. I'd consider them a contender, for now I believe they're playing nice with Confetti. We will see how that goes, their war will be a world changer when in happens further down the line. The majority only came out of BP yesterday so its impressive to see how heavy handed they are straight out the gate.

Current City Takes:
Made a KAOS player ghost.
KAOS
Current Position: 6th
As Attackers: 3rd
As Defenders: 4th
Number of Players: 60
Colour: Light Green

Strong grouping, going to be interesting to see who they go to war with. I think there best bet would probably be going into 45 there are stronger groups going for 55 and I'm not sure they'll be able to hang with the big boys in 55. They are a strong team but diplomacy has to be done smart to guarantee them a future. They've already had a player ghost when attacked by TBG. Will be an interesting one to watch.

Current City Takes:
1 from NeWoAl, 1 from LoD

Never Walk Alone
Current Position: 7th
As Attackers: 6th
As Defenders: 12th
Number of Players: 60
Colour: Orange

Going for domination of 45, positioned along the 45/55 boarder, think going into 45 is their best move. Hope they're friends with TBG and LoD because not sure they'll be able to handle it coming from all sides. Most likely also fighting the DF or rather eating from the DF buffet. Can't really say much about the team as a whole. I recognise some names from other worlds. But they're a rim alliance never been a major contender and I don't see that changing.

Current City Takes from Other Top 11:
7 from the DF, 1 from LoD

Avengers
Current Position: 9th

As Attackers: 8th
As Defenders: 15th
Number of Players: 45
Colour: Pink

I believe this team hails from the Turkish server, not gonna lie up until they appeared didn't even know there was a Turkish server. They are an enigma, there team so far hasn't been all that vocal. They certainly win props for having the best profile picture. Mostly tightly grouped, some seem to have gone off into the wild a bit but for the most part good positioning. Depending on who they end up fighting they could go either way. They have the least members in the top 10 and are looking fairly strong as fighters inspite of that. Again another team that hasn't really been challenged yet so we will see what happens with them once they are.

6 from the DF, 1 from LoD

Legion of Death
Current Position: 10th
As Attackers: 14th
As Defenders: 9th
Number of Players: 58
Colour: Maroon

LoD is another rim alliance that appears in every world, they come, they play, they make minimal impact. Would I say that they're a contender for domination? Absolutely not, but they have some relatively good players and I can see them surviving the world. Depends on their game plan, again another one that is in the 45/55/ corner so they have plenty of people to fight. They're never going to be short a battle, it just depends on how well their diplomat handles things. Unfortunately LoneStar can be a bit hit and miss. We will see, they're fairly spread out. Can see them at war with pretty much any of the top 11 at the moment just because of where they are so we will see.

3 from the DF

Kleos

Current Position: 11th
As Attackers: 11th
As Defenders: 6th - on 28/09@3am now at 4th - 28/09 9:21pm
Number of Players: 56
Colour: Light Blue

Originally mistook Kleos for an arm of KAOS, apologises for that, now updated. Not much to say without KAOS they've already lost cities to 4 other alliances I believe, as defenders they've jumped 2 places since this morning so I don't think they'll still be here later in the world, they're in the wrong place without KAOS to fall back on.

Current City Takes:
2 from the DF

Victorian Empire - Dragon Riders - Dragon Flames - Dragon Legion
Current Position: 13th, 17th, 19th and 22nd
As Attackers: 10th , 13th, 15th and 34th
As Defenders: 2nd, 5th, 8th and 16th
Number of Players: 49, 50, 45 and 31 Total: 185
Colour: Brown

Not really going to waste much time on this. They're an MRA a poorly run one at that so if they're still here at Christmas I'll eat Magick's hat.

Current City Takes:
2 from Kleos, 1 from NeWaAl, 1 from the CF

FAIL
Current Position: 14th
As Attackers: 12th
As Defenders: 18th
Number of Players: 33
Colour: Dark Purple

Another odd one, we all know some of the players PK is obviously a decent player and leader. Its fairly well grouped at the top of 44/54, so don't know if Confetti are going to head north to take them out or what will happen there. So far they're not being challenged but we will see. I don't think they're a contender for domination but I can see them surviving the world. Time will tell.

Current City Takes:

DeletedUser55806

KAOS and Kleos
Current Position: 6th and 11th
As Attackers: 3rd and 11th
As Defenders: 4th and 11th
Number of Players: 60 and 56 Total:116
Colour: Light Green

Positioned in an amusing diagnol line accross 2 oceans, they're all over the place. One of their players ghosted yesterday while being attacked by TBG, I think they're gonna struggle, but wish them the best. They need to get their groupings together and decide on an ocean, even with all their players I think they'll survive better in 44 then any other ocean. If they spread themselves too thin they're going to have it coming from all ends and they won't hang long. Already being attacked, already losing cities. But we will see.

2 from the Dragon Family, 1 from Never Walk Alone, 1 from Legion of Death[/QUOTEKAOS and Kleos aren't together, otherwise great work! please get your information straight, they are fighting
each other and i dont want this to happen again with another alliance
KAOS is NOT with Kleos, anyone believing this please read this (i am the founder of KAOS) otherwise great! like it with the map ect.

Last edited:

slobo.c

Strategos
maps fine, only way it would be better is to make one for each alliance separately, but thats just time wasted :D

DeletedUser55961

Thermopylae Interview:

1) You've led Thermo in the past. Winning Mesembria by a landslide. But after that wheels fell off the wagon and you lost in Istros. Could you explain what happened?

I took a break out of the game after we won Mesembria and the other 2 original Co-founders also left but did not return so Thermopylae was continued on the next world being run by one of our regular members Jredge and a few of his friends, They ended up merging with Victrix to win that server, I decided to return to play in Istros but was not given my rights back and as a result the Alliance was managed by Jredge and his friends who had very close friendship with Victrix. They decided that we should pact with Victrix from day 1 which I completely disagreed with but my Opinion was not taken into consideration and we were forced to follow the decisions of extremely poor leadership giving exclusivity to an ocean to Victrix.

Having many old friends in Thermo I done my best with planning OPs and enjoying the game with them, My OPs planning enabled us to take out all of the competition in our area and take on waste management successfully in O55 giving us a strong position in the Corner of o55 and eventually resulting in WM disbanding and leaving the world.

However that was followed by another very poor decision, The new founders instructed us to give exclusive rights to O55 to Victrix, Even though it was us who fought hard to take out the top alliance and break into that ocean. We were then forced to Jump south to fight Written in Blood who were quite some distance away from us and following these events many players started leaving, Going inactive and I personally lost interest in the world, Barely playing.

One day out of the Blue, my screen was lit up with attacks coming from victrix on all of my safe back line cities, followed by many other members being attacked. As we were completely caught off guard we struggled to stay afloat and many of our members started leaving, Including two of the founders, Leaving only myself (promoted at this time) and Leblob as a remaining Founder of the alliance. Trying to turn a bad situation around, I restructured the leadership team and we fought back doing the best we could, having some success in the initial OP and breaking some ground.

Victrix called on other alliances in the area including a MRA called poltergeists to heavily support their cities against us leaving us, with only a small amount of members against multiple alliances and with victrix poaching our players promising them a crown in the server if they switched sides, Unfortunately quite a few took the bait and failed to show loyalty to their alliance. Some of those players are now here with the same group to now fight against their old team mates such as kanar4eto, ANG3R, Yellowhold and mattrulesyouall recently switched sides to the confetti group and are not to be trusted.

Since I took over leadership at the end of Istros I found out that since Victrix had betrayed us, Our founder Leblob had kept in regular communication with them and made an agreement not to attack them or offer our members support against them, helping to tear us apart from the inside. He also moved over to them in Istros turning on his old team and has followed them here to fight against us now.

In Istros Victrix had their members attacking our last remaining 20-30 active members every day of the week 24/7 with attack alarms going off at 2/4/6am in the morning etc with no regard to our personal lives and no interest in keeping it at a reasonable level. Despite taking thousands of attacks around the clock they still couuld not take cities off my which I was mostly self supporting all on red islands, There was no organisation, Co-ordination or any real direction, In my opinion it was just a huge group of simmers that simply outnumbered us and using underhanded tactics and pretty much anything to win..

In the end with all of the foul play, deceit and invasion of our personal lives we decided to ghost to make a fresh start on the new server, Yet I am extremely proud of those who stayed with me and fought under the Thermopylae flag right Until the end, We left with our heads held high and won the morale Victory in that world.

DeletedUser55961

2) You're once again facing the same team that dealt that death blow in Istros and they're up 6 to nothing currently. What do you think needs to be done to turn the corner? Are you confident that you'll win?

Knowing that we were coming into this server with the same MRA in Istros around us we knew that our only option would be to recruit new members and make a larger team to level the playing field, Unfortunately we knew that they would result to the same tactics they use in every world mega pacting and mass recruiting to outnumber their opponents. We had given some new faces a place here with a chance to prove themselves and unfortunately picked up a number of inexperienced players who were not actively playing the game and lost some of those cities as a result of that, However we have not yet lost a single city from one of our active/long term players.

This group is known to target inactive cities and weak players and that strategy did pay off at this early stage of the server, However it also shows weakness because they are simply afraid to even attack any of our active players and are exploring cunning ways to try to get the better of us, such as individually contacting our players on more than one occasion to try and convince them to switch sides (player poaching)

This shows weakness and clearly displays the threat they feel from our presence here.

3) What do you think will be the biggest challenge in that ocean? What about for the world?

Our biggest challenge in this world will be having to deal with the underhanded tactics of the Victrix/Confetti Group, We know they have at least 1 player in our team who is feeding them information (spy) We know that they self create their Own BP and Pact with others to outnumber their opponents. They continue to try to poach players from us and in general I feel that their style of play ruins the spirit of the game.

4) Who do you think wins the other core oceans? Are there any upsets brewing?

I think that Sons of Odin will be a good contender for O45, I know that some players in the confetti group aren't particularly happy with how things are going here and I can see them turning on each other when things don't go to plan for them.

Summary:

Thermopylae is a loyal fighting group of friends who would do anything for each other and fight with honor, respect and integrity, We do not believe in using underhanded tactics such as spying etc. just to simply win a server. We have the potential to come back to the world dominating alliance that we once were fighting surrounded and against the odds yet coming out on top in the end.

I have seen many people in the Confetti group and others commenting on us, who seem to think that we are a weak alliance who have lost their way or that we are just some MLA here for a Picnic, I think many people here will be very surprised when they see what the mighty Thermopylae can do.

Yes we may have more members now than what we usually play with but we should all ask yourself who the real MRA is when Confetti and confetti overload are secretly working with Guilds of Infidels and The Blame Game, Who purposely landed in their specific area of the map so that they could secretly surround us and try to overpower our team. Everyone knows they are all best buddies, They most likely will eventually back stab each other like they have always done with every other team they have used to benefit themselves in the past.

I would like to give a special thank you to the several "greatest diplomats" of the confetti group for giving your plans away to us so easily and revealing secrets to loyal players here during your hardworking efforts to poach them from us.

It is also good to see that recently ErikWijmeersch has shown his true colours, As an ex-member of Thermo, he has now joined the Confetti player poaching group when he claimed he only came here for fun, Sorry, but Skuddish has already tried contacting the same players and failed to poach them from Thermo, So I doubt your salespitch will achieve any better results. Our players here are loyal to the end!

DeletedUser55741

KAOS is NOT with Kleos, anyone believing this please read this (i am the founder of KAOS) otherwise great! like it with the map ect.

My apologises, my information was obviously off, I'll update and correct that right now.

DeletedUser55741

Criki, Mesembria was a speed 1 world. Please don't confuse speed revolts and slow revolts they're two very different things with very different players. Anyone can win a speed 1 world they just have to outlast everyone else's boredom. This is also a domination server which slow speed players will struggle with because this world is going to be very cutthroat, a lot of players use to the slow speed won't be able to hang with the big golders and those who simply don't have the patience for a slow world.

Also its not an interview if you are doing it yourself.

DeletedUser55773

Thermopylae Interview:

Victrix called on other alliances in the area including a MRA called poltergeists to heavily support their cities against us leaving us, with only a small amount of members against multiple alliances and with victrix poaching our players promising them a crown in the server if they switched sides, Unfortunately quite a few took the bait and failed to show loyalty to their alliance. Some of those players are now here with the same group to now fight against their old team mates such as kanar4eto and Yellowhold

Personally I find this incredibly funny. We (poltergeists) sent a maximum of 12k DLU to 2/3 cities once and that was all we ever sent to VIC all world.
Also when you keep playing on after losing in the core oceans instead of crying like a baby and leaving the world you can be left with no option but to pick up with an alliance on the rim which is almost always an MRA. The current leadership of Poltergeists has only 1 member of original leadership and I believe has now outlasted Thermopylae in that world. Stop hiding behind your excuses, stop chatting about how everyone is against you, and try and win this world.

Our biggest challenge in this world will be having to deal with the underhanded tactics of the Victrix/Confetti Group.

I will also point out you came to our MRA poltergeists begging us to break an NAP with VIC without giving the agreed warning time between our alliances