Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

DeletedUser21287

There isn't really a top 12 in any world. The top 30 by points are most likely all part of a top 12 group which is what it really should be called :)

DeletedUser21287

There is a difference between top-12 and trash talk. I have been in alliances which were said to sink, but I also like the top 12, my leaders did as well.
Because they were genuinely good content. This was just trash-talk with a lot of effort put into it. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh and stats don't lie, what's lacking is your ability to interpret them correctly. Knowing an alliance, knowing its past experiences and knowing its players is important

So yeah i'd argue it ain't even a top 12
trash talk gets responded with thrash talk simple as that, only wusses shroud their trash-talk with a cloak of top12s

Simply your interpretation of what a top 12 is/should be. Are you a little melting snowflake because someone has a different opinion to that of your own?

Will find you in game and cast you some happiness :)

DeletedUser48256

Is this a Top 12 thread or a True Fear & Criki get butthurt thread?
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

Instead of hating on Guardian for putting the effort in to making a top 12 (which was an entertaining read by the way, nice work) why don't you either, play the game and show us why True Fear shouldn't be a sink, or, write your own top 12?
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55741

How about this true fear, because until last night I had absolutely nothing against you. In two weeks I'll do another top 12 and if I see a significant difference that makes my opinion change as to how you will end the world not only will I pubiclly apologise for saying what I said I will give each player 200 gold as way of an apology?

You see I'm confident this won't be the case for three reasons
1. I sunk more than just you and other alliances like Never walk alone which I have sunk twice now have been perfectly cordial and respectful about it, I've had thumbs up and even nice comments from their most talkative player. So for what four or five of you to feel the need to attack me for my opinions on your alliance that shows a lot about the players you are.
2. In my experience unless you are someone like Erik who has the balls, the experience and the goldd to back up his big mouth, or Cornetto that has the reputation, the fire power and the strong alliance backing him. Those who start casting stones on the forum are usually destined to fail, Criki, Donp, anyone remember gold lemur? He was so in love with himself when he sank it was the funniest thing in the world to watch. Kind of like a certain bacon we all love to hate. Players with big mouths don't usually have the brass to cash the check your mouth just wrote.
3.If an outsider opinion, someone that's already said they aren't properly playing just reading the world the way the stats show it, if that persons opinion can gret such a strong response from an alliance like this has then some is seriously wrong. If you are so focused on the opinions of others and they matter enough to cause this amount of a stir that other players have had to jump to my defence the way they have. You have bigger issues than who you are going to fight and what ocean you may or maynot sink or swim in.

I try to be respectful for the most part on here. I don't have a beef with anyone in game. When I'm writing a top 12 I try and keep personal feelings out of them, for example I really do not like Erik or Skud, but I respect them as leaders and will quite readily admit their team is currently the strongest contender for domination.

And what a lot of folks aren't grasping is there are what, 94 days before domination era begins? You aren't going to get 40% of the cities in the world if you are starting in an under populated area just for arguments sake lets say there were 20,000 cities in the world. The majority are held in oceans 55, 54, 45, 44 because that's where the most active fighters are based, thats where the most expansion happens and lets face it that's where the most gold gets spent from the corner of 34/35/44/45 you have a long long long way to travel to get to where the majority of cities are held. So at that ppoint you have 2 options, eat everything brown until nothing is left to eat and hope that's enough or jump an ocean to where the most cities are and hope you can get enough that way. I just see it as a big job to do in 3 months when you are already behind more active golders and fighters.

And one final reminder folks, founding cities on rocks does NOT count towards domination, I've seen a lot of players doing it but no rock cities are not counted in the final tally so please don't waste your slots.

DeletedUser49104

How about this true fear, because until last night I had absolutely nothing against you. In two weeks I'll do another top 12 and if I see a significant difference that makes my opinion change as to how you will end the world not only will I pubiclly apologise for saying what I said I will give each player 200 gold as way of an apology?

You see I'm confident this won't be the case for three reasons
1. I sunk more than just you and other alliances like Never walk alone which I have sunk twice now have been perfectly cordial and respectful about it, I've had thumbs up and even nice comments from their most talkative player. So for what four or five of you to feel the need to attack me for my opinions on your alliance that shows a lot about the players you are.
2. In my experience unless you are someone like Erik who has the balls, the experience and the goldd to back up his big mouth, or Cornetto that has the reputation, the fire power and the strong alliance backing him. Those who start casting stones on the forum are usually destined to fail, Criki, Donp, anyone remember gold lemur? He was so in love with himself when he sank it was the funniest thing in the world to watch. Kind of like a certain bacon we all love to hate. Players with big mouths don't usually have the brass to cash the check your mouth just wrote.
3.If an outsider opinion, someone that's already said they aren't properly playing just reading the world the way the stats show it, if that persons opinion can gret such a strong response from an alliance like this has then some is seriously wrong. If you are so focused on the opinions of others and they matter enough to cause this amount of a stir that other players have had to jump to my defence the way they have. You have bigger issues than who you are going to fight and what ocean you may or maynot sink or swim in.

I try to be respectful for the most part on here. I don't have a beef with anyone in game. When I'm writing a top 12 I try and keep personal feelings out of them, for example I really do not like Erik or Skud, but I respect them as leaders and will quite readily admit their team is currently the strongest contender for domination.

And what a lot of folks aren't grasping is there are what, 94 days before domination era begins? You aren't going to get 40% of the cities in the world if you are starting in an under populated area just for arguments sake lets say there were 20,000 cities in the world. The majority are held in oceans 55, 54, 45, 44 because that's where the most active fighters are based, thats where the most expansion happens and lets face it that's where the most gold gets spent from the corner of 34/35/44/45 you have a long long long way to travel to get to where the majority of cities are held. So at that ppoint you have 2 options, eat everything brown until nothing is left to eat and hope that's enough or jump an ocean to where the most cities are and hope you can get enough that way. I just see it as a big job to do in 3 months when you are already behind more active golders and fighters.

And one final reminder folks, founding cities on rocks does NOT count towards domination, I've seen a lot of players doing it but no rock cities are not counted in the final tally so please don't waste your slots.

All very commendable in theory... But.... True fear has a massive amount of experience and i can assure you, there's at least one or two players there that could gold with the best of them if they chose to and meet your requirements individually. All this post achieves is an invitation to prove that to you... Granted they almost certainly won't win here. Generally they don't world to world (and i know why and dont comment as they are personal friends) but they do hold some of the best players in EN and this kind of comment is laughable...

And a reminder. you found on a rock island close to a weak enemy or two and you can pick off larger cities for fun and know no-one will want your rock city so makes for great cs'ing :D

DeletedUser55741

Shame on anyone who goes to his alliance!

Lol sorry mate this is the externals and

All very commendable in theory... But.... True fear has a massive amount of experience and i can assure you, there's at least one or two players there that could gold with the best of them if they chose to and meet your requirements individually. All this post achieves is an invitation to prove that to you... Granted they almost certainly won't win here. Generally they don't world to world (and i know why and dont comment as they are personal friends) but they do hold some of the best players in EN and this kind of comment is laughable...

And a reminder. you found on a rock island close to a weak enemy or two and you can pick off larger cities for fun and know no-one will want your rock city so makes for great cs'ing :D
Nelly I wrote the reminder because I speak to a lot of players and they weren't actually aware of that rule until I've told them a lot of players read the forum I did it so people got that info. It wasn't meant to be condersending I've spoken to three players today that werent aware of it and thought that by founding on rocks around their core islands they were getting cities counted towards the 40%
Not everything I say is an attack on your friends.

True Fear might have some experienced players like you say and they do but the amount of "Noobs" (and I actually mean new players) in that alliance drowns out that experience. They leak and they leak and the experienced players get to glue it back together, they try to train way too many new players. And that's a good thing, to an extent. Having more newbies that people who actually know how this stuff works is never a good idea when youre trying to go for a win.. Or even just play to get somewhere. Anyway that's just my opinion, bye

DeletedUser49104

Nelly I wrote the reminder because I speak to a lot of players and they weren't actually aware of that rule until I've told them a lot of players read the forum I did it so people got that info. It wasn't meant to be condersending I've spoken to three players today that werent aware of it and thought that by founding on rocks around their core islands they were getting cities counted towards the 40%
Not everything I say is an attack on your friends.

I din't see it as an attack and appreciate your thought on rock islands. I was simply pointing out that they have some very good players and that rock islands can be very useful strategically here even if quite useless in their own right.

As for here's 20 bucks thoughts on TF as an alliance? i think true colours have been shown in previous worlds where gifted accounts have been abused and alliance mistakes have been made but reputation on the whole have shown the decent people and players here and the smack talk is entirely unnecessary

"Abused"? I played 100% for the alliance until the last minute I was in there, the reason it turned ugly is because of what your friend Nuts did. And just because I have left (or betrayed like you all like to say) TF in 105 makes my opinion invalid? The fact that I have played 92,97, a bit of 99 and 105 for 6 months with them makes me have a pretty good understanding of how TF works don't you think? I was also not trying to trash talk rather just say my opinion. If you see it as trash talk so be it, but it clearly isn't. Having an argument on the externals does not define as trash talk...

jameslongst

Strategos
"Abused"? I played 100% for the alliance until the last minute I was in there, the reason it turned ugly is because of what your friend Nuts did. And just because I have left (or betrayed like you all like to say) TF in 105 makes my opinion invalid? The fact that I have played 92,97, a bit of 99 and 105 for 6 months with them makes me have a pretty good understanding of how TF works don't you think? I was also not trying to trash talk rather just say my opinion. If you see it as trash talk so be it, but it clearly isn't. Having an argument on the externals does not define as trash talk...
I would have done anything for you,man. How did you repay my trust?

You sniped TF CSs while still part of the alliance. Any world I'm from, that's a ticket out on your ear.

So I know why youre salty bucks. You earned it. Since I'm bored I will ask: why is Guardian already salty? One bad top 12 isnt gonna kill you dude. Go read the tavern on Oracle and get new material lol. Or talk to Erik he knows about as much as you do.

In two weeks you can post that apology right here in this thread. If you arent in perma VM, of course.

DeletedUser55453

@THEGUARDIAN86, you say that ''newbie players'' drown out the experience in an alliance. man you really must be ignorant. i'd rather have a team that has both noobs and vets alike.

why you ask?

because that's how you establish loyalty and trust amongst your team. fill a team with too many Egocentric ''F-Tards'' and you will see they will fall apart and fail miserably.

most alliances die of because of disstrust and internal disputes, just look at Thermo.

just because we started out 2 weeks later and further away than most of the guys' butt your kissing doesn't mean we can't compete. you're forgetting one very crucial part, this is not a speed 1 world and the end-game has completely changed the way you should approach it.

making an unbiased top 12 is hard, you proved that here.

DeletedUser55741

@THEGUARDIAN86, you say that ''newbie players'' drown out the experience in an alliance. man you really must be ignorant. i'd rather have a team that has both noobs and vets alike.

why you ask?

because that's how you establish loyalty and trust amongst your team. fill a team with too many Egocentric ''F-Tards'' and you will see they will fall apart and fail miserably.

most alliances die of because of disstrust and internal disputes, just look at Thermo.

just because we started out 2 weeks later and further away than most of the guys' butt kissing doesn't mean we can't compete. you're forgetting one very crucial part, this is not a speed 1 world and the end-game has completely changed the way you should approach it.

making an unbiased top 12 is hard, you proved that here.
Someone please point out where the heck I said newbie players down out experience? You could have a team full of noobs as long as it has someome with experience willing to help them they can end up being rather good. Besides let's not kid ourselves that there are such things as newbie players even taking the stage these days. It's the same guys and gals, in the same teams that have been playing together since at far back as I can remember. Sure new players come in but the ratios between new and old are stacked heavily in olds favour. We don't get enough noobs anymore that's why Inno changed the game hoping it'll become more attractive to new and old players alike.

jameslongst

Strategos
Someone please point out where the heck I said newbie players down out experience? You could have a team full of noobs as long as it has someome with experience willing to help them they can end up being rather good. Besides let's not kid ourselves that there are such things as newbie players even taking the stage these days. It's the same guys and gals, in the same teams that have been playing together since at far back as I can remember. Sure new players come in but the ratios between new and old are stacked heavily in olds favour. We don't get enough noobs anymore that's why Inno changed the game hoping it'll become more attractive to new and old players alike.
Or maybe MRAs killed the game and nobody wants to play huggie kissie anymore? How many MRAs you run Mr. Guardian69??? A few? A lot?

Thank god TF is here to show a different way.

Not sure why you put Sons on blast either... they have more respect in their little pinkey than most of these MRAs forming on our front.