Top 12 top 12 sink or swim

Light Poppa's first hit!
996a759a5e893b7605e63afee46602b9.png

Terrible.... Next one will be better just wait a day or 2!
smiley_emoticons_motz.gif

DeletedUser22951

I wonder what the top 12 could be, the 12 golden, blamed, avengers and sidekicks are winning? Inno create a whole new end game and yet it is exactly the same as every other server. Huge pre fabs holding hands and telling themselves how great they are... Come on people drop your pacts and have the guts to fight each other, don't you want to test the best against the best? Maybe challenge yourselves for once, it could be something new.

The confetti manifesto has gone out the window, shame - it was a really good idea!

We will keep ourselves small, never more than 30 players. I find it more fun playing with a smaller, closely knit group.
The alliance will be a mix of vets and newer players. Maybe 50:50, maybe more vets than noobs. My reasoning behind this is simply that Grepolis is a hard game to get into unless you can get yourself into a good alliance - I want to give new players the chance to learn the game without getting rimmed straight out of BP. Don't get me wrong, simmers are not welcome and all players are expected to be active and happy to be part of a team.

Leadership Structure

To be decided for the most part although I've been thinking about being mainly democratic in our decision making, i.e. every member gets a chance to discuss their thoughts. And given there won't be much diplomacy to be done (see below), a democracy could work out. There will be a a group of founders who oversee activity, internals and the general day to day running of the alliance etc.
If we decide that we want the alliance to be run by a council then that's an option too!

Diplomacy

We will not get involved in World politics. If we are to make an agreement it will always be short term, i.e. provide defensive support to an alliance that is getting hit hard by a bigger one. Agreements will always be beneficial to us and we will never be bullied by a larger alliance. No pacts.

Stance

We will be an aggressive alliance, always taking the fight to the enemy. Not afraid to stand up to the big boys in the core. Yes, this may be difficult whilst teaching new players at the same time but they'll soon learn haha.

Misc.

muhvi

Phrourach
The problem isn't about hugging or having pacts with your former teammates or friends (well it is to some extent). The problem is that the playerbase is shrinking and it's very hard for new players to start enjoying the game when they get rimmed right after the beginners protection ends. All of the top teams are elitist, taking in only players who they know that can perform. I'd say get rid of the instant buy of troops to level out the playing field.

Last edited:
Yeah in most of the worlds the experienced players join up to get more competitive and the other alliances follow them, so in most case nubs will only be alive on the rim but without proper guidance they will get bored or just dont understand the game and quit.

DeletedUser39822

The problem isn't about hugging or having pacts with your former teammates or friends (well it is to some extent). The problem is that the playerbase is shrinking and it's very hard for new players to start enjoying the game when they get rimmed right after the beginners protection ends. All of the top teams are elitist, taking in only players who they know that can perform. I'd say get rid of the instant buy of troops to level out the playing field.

I disagree, the problem is the hugging. This could have been one heck of a server if every 60 player alliance tried to win it on their own skill and merits but most are afraid to play that way......the whole safety in numbers philosophy.

DeletedUser54331

years back the first world i played had 40000+ players and around 10% or even lesser used to use gold. Now most worlds have around 10k players with 30-40% gold users. gold users have more or less remained the same but the player base has fallen..

DeletedUser55453

I wonder what the top 12 could be, the 12 golden, blamed, avengers and sidekicks are winning? Inno create a whole new end game and yet it is exactly the same as every other server. Huge pre fabs holding hands and telling themselves how great they are... Come on people drop your pacts and have the guts to fight each other, don't you want to test the best against the best? Maybe challenge yourselves for once, it could be something new.

The confetti manifesto has gone out the window, shame - it was a really good idea!

We will keep ourselves small, never more than 30 players. I find it more fun playing with a smaller, closely knit group.
The alliance will be a mix of vets and newer players. Maybe 50:50, maybe more vets than noobs. My reasoning behind this is simply that Grepolis is a hard game to get into unless you can get yourself into a good alliance - I want to give new players the chance to learn the game without getting rimmed straight out of BP. Don't get me wrong, simmers are not welcome and all players are expected to be active and happy to be part of a team.

Leadership Structure
To be decided for the most part although I've been thinking about being mainly democratic in our decision making, i.e. every member gets a chance to discuss their thoughts. And given there won't be much diplomacy to be done (see below), a democracy could work out. There will be a a group of founders who oversee activity, internals and the general day to day running of the alliance etc.
If we decide that we want the alliance to be run by a council then that's an option too!
Diplomacy

We will not get involved in World politics. If we are to make an agreement it will always be short term, i.e. provide defensive support to an alliance that is getting hit hard by a bigger one. Agreements will always be beneficial to us and we will never be bullied by a larger alliance. No pacts.

Stance

We will be an aggressive alliance, always taking the fight to the enemy. Not afraid to stand up to the big boys in the core. Yes, this may be difficult whilst teaching new players at the same time but they'll soon learn haha.

Misc.

cf78486eec9695bc40e74060a68ef121.png

DeletedUser22951

Yeah in most of the worlds the experienced players join up to get more competitive and the other alliances follow them, so in most case nubs will only be alive on the rim but without proper guidance they will get bored or just dont understand the game and quit.
I disagree mate - experienced players just want to win easily and avoid competition. That's why 1,2,3 and 5 are not fighting each other. maybe they will later once nothing else is any real competition.

Until then it will be the same as every other server.

DeletedUser55988

Could of been a great server however some people felt the need to have 6 alliances destroy one alliance at a time. Until a point where it’s just those 6 alliances left....

DeletedUser48583

I disagree mate - experienced players just want to win easily and avoid competition. That's why 1,2,3 and 5 are not fighting each other. maybe they will later once nothing else is any real competition.

Until then it will be the same as every other server.
I disagree with, most alliances want to form a solid core then the real wars start. As usual first part of world is about area and growth then later part as no wonders will be pure wars fighting for the win since only 1 can get the win but have 2nd and 3rd awards.

1saaa

Strategos
i think it would be interesting to see that play out. the whole point of this game mode is only one team can get the crown. because of that teams have to plan out for the eventuality that it will be them against the world. all the top teams so far have made one mistake: moving into 54. this means that they are surrounded by almost every over larger team. after that, and i think we all know what will happen. if this world gets interesting it will be when no one alliance dominates the centre of the world. this forces players to scrap it out for every city and very quickly allies will turn on each other.

on a side note it would be nice to see noob worlds introduced. basically these worlds would be when for a set period of time only new players would be let let into the world. this would allow them to grow to a decent size before a limited number of veteran players move into the world. these players would be spread out meaning they would have to work with the newer players. it would be very interesting to see players who are 'to good for noobs' to win the kind of world i have proposed...

DeletedUser47953

i think it would be interesting to see that play out. the whole point of this game mode is only one team can get the crown. because of that teams have to plan out for the eventuality that it will be them against the world. all the top teams so far have made one mistake: moving into 54. this means that they are surrounded by almost every over larger team. after that, and i think we all know what will happen. if this world gets interesting it will be when no one alliance dominates the centre of the world. this forces players to scrap it out for every city and very quickly allies will turn on each other.

on a side note it would be nice to see noob worlds introduced. basically these worlds would be when for a set period of time only new players would be let let into the world. this would allow them to grow to a decent size before a limited number of veteran players move into the world. these players would be spread out meaning they would have to work with the newer players. it would be very interesting to see players who are 'to good for noobs' to win the kind of world i have proposed...
Good idea, except people would just create new accounts and go into the new player worlds as if they were noobs. People with access to multiple IP addresses would easily do that.

DeletedUser55961

Been saying this since day 1 but people don’t listen until it’s too late, also refer to this group as a social club because all they do is talk, no skill, no challenge, no competitive gameplay etc. More excitement in a retirement home.

These people just need to move along and let those who actually want to play the game properly, enjoy it, they have been making 100’s of people quit on every world they ruin and are just poison. In the end when they merge into 60 top players and everyone else is left to the wolves/left to rot maybe people will think twice about trusting these degenerates next time, or perhaps they will also quit? I wonder if they will find more morons to tag along next time too =\

The game itself is being destroyed and anyone who does not stand up to this hoard of simmers or it’s many pawns and simply joins or tags along with them is only contributing to the disease that has plagued and ruined the game for those few who still find enjoyment in it.

DeletedUser47953

Been saying this since day 1 but people don’t listen until it’s too late, also refer to this group as a social club because all they do is talk, no skill, no challenge, no competitive gameplay etc. More excitement in a retirement home.

These people just need to move along and let those who actually want to play the game properly, enjoy it, they have been making 100’s of people quit on every world they ruin and are just poison. In the end when they merge into 60 top players and everyone else is left to the wolves/left to rot maybe people will think twice about trusting these degenerates next time, or perhaps they will also quit? I wonder if they will find more morons to tag along next time too =\

The game itself is being destroyed and anyone who does not stand up to this hoard of simmers or it’s many pawns and simply joins or tags along with them is only contributing to the disease that has plagued and ruined the game for those few who still find enjoyment in it.
When I started on the server, I formed my own group. On some servers, I have been very successful, becoming a top alliance, and earning respect for how I handled things. Other servers, I've had spies, betrayals, or just got beat. VG was smart to kill me quick here, because they would have had a threat if my group had lasted another two weeks before they attacked. Regardless, that is in the past.
I restarted after taking two weeks to let the server develop more and popped in on the other side of the world. I'm now working with a group I never worked with before and they aren't at all bad. I had fought against some of them on another world and it was a tough fight, but was never personal to me. Regardless of what group wins this 60 man only victory, I'll be around to see what happens. It would have been great to see a knock down drag out no Pact server happen. Maybe in the future grepo will make a domination server with no shared internal forums and no ability to mark friends or enemies on the map. It would make it harder for people to work together if they couldn't share forum tabs...

Only problem is that the huggers would just create forums on external communication venues and still have shared forums which would put the average player at a distinct disadvantage, so even that wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55961

When I started on the server, I formed my own group. On some servers, I have been very successful, becoming a top alliance, and earning respect for how I handled things. Other servers, I've had spies, betrayals, or just got beat. VG was smart to kill me quick here, because they would have had a threat if my group had lasted another two weeks before they attacked. Regardless, that is in the past.
I restarted after taking two weeks to let the server develop more and popped in on the other side of the world. I'm now working with a group I never worked with before and they aren't at all bad. I had fought against some of them on another world and it was a tough fight, but was never personal to me. Regardless of what group wins this 60 man only victory, I'll be around to see what happens. It would have been great to see a knock down drag out no Pact server happen. Maybe in the future grepo will make a domination server with no shared internal forums and no ability to mark friends or enemies on the map. It would make it harder for people to work together if they couldn't share forum tabs...

Only problem is that the huggers would just create forums on external communication venues and still have shared forums which would put the average player at a distinct disadvantage, so even that wouldn't work.

My thoughts exactly, they will stop at nothing to kill the game for their own personal pride, the players decide the fate of the game, the experience and atmosphere of the new players, it is all down to most of the group not having the skill to play, every one of them I tested individually have panicked on first sight of attacks (both leaders & big players), even with 200 team mates beside them they have resorted to mass mails and instant golding walls to 25 even when I was alone there surrounded in a sea of red...

it’s pathetic and embarrassing and it’s pretty much the main reason why they hug and pact on every world, winning seems to increase their ego’s. I wonder which day Erik’s head will pop =\

that is why I normally suggest titles like sim city and FarmVille, would definatly be much more suitable for their audience than a war game.

DeletedUser55892

how do you tell someone/an alliance that they have no skill when they beat you?

DeletedUser48583

@Criki honestly speaking here the game has been like this for years, it will not change and most of us long time players notice the player count each world decreasing. There will be a time Inno will shut the servers down on grepo when its less profitable for them due to the numbers. Part of a games life cycle.

Since you're talking about team I'm in aswell, sure we have simmers every alliance does due to rl etc game is highly demanding for many. Golding walls is very normal nowadays and golding in general as much as I hate to admit it is just the norm of the game. Friends usually band together in most gaming communities. (I have been gaming all my life on various types etc most of this is just normal). Main issue with grepo is for players to have fun usually ends up making other players quit/ghost and not enjoy there time but thats what online strategy games are like.

@Zen Shadow agree with external comms point since most use skype on grepo while I have noticed some on teamspeak and lately more joining the discord way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55961

@Criki honestly speaking here the game has been like this for years, it will not change and most of us long time players notice the player count each world decreasing. There will be a time Inno will shut the servers down on grepo when its less profitable for them due to the numbers. Part of a games life cycle.

Since you're talking about team I'm in aswell, sure we have simmers every alliance does due to rl etc game is highly demanding for many. Golding walls is very normal nowadays and golding in general as much as I hate to admit it is just the norm of the game. Friends usually band together in most gaming communities. (I have been gaming all my life on various types etc most of this is just normal). Main issue with grepo is for players to have fun usually ends up making other players quit/ghost and not enjoy there time but thats what online strategy games are like.

@Zen Shadow agree with external comms point since most use skype on grepo while I have noticed some on teamspeak and lately more joining the discord way.

I appreciate players like yourself come here with good intentions and with friends etc and I don’t want to tar everyone with the same brush, it is mainly those in charge I have a problem with because they choose to pact and hug at extremely excessive levels making the server boring, unfair and off putting for anyone who is not part of the huge extended group/pacts =\

I have been a gamer for most of my life, played in different groups, for example counter strike where you compete in teams of 5vs5 or red alert where you play online normally 3vs3, age of empires 2v2 or 3v3, runescape was a free for all, however clan battles were always arranged with even numbers to make it fair, the list could go on.

I have never played a competitive game where there has been anywhere near the extreme level of unbalanced gameplay, it’s like a royal rumble match where everyone gangs up on a few people when there can only be a single winner, they are all left looking at each other deciding who to sneak up on with the steel chair next. Just not the way the game was designed to be played and is basically a glorified way of cheating their way through the world at the expense of everyone else.