Top 12 Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser14437
  • Start date

DeletedUser26156

Might as well do a top 12 while I'm here.

1. Anarchaos

I'm here so won't say much.

Top for points, ABP and fighters by a decent margin. Second for def only after the alliance we're currently attacking. The stats read well, lets see if we can keep them going in the days to come.

Swim

2 + 12. Fiasco United/ Vacations
The names changed back but regardless still looking strong.

They've got a firm grip on 45 after Commissions abrubt demise. Good leadership and good players showing. FU itself is second in ABP and fighters. 6th in defence, but not by a huge margin and you can't blame then for not being attacked, so statistically looking strong.

Positionally they hold central and northen 45. Anarchos to the North/North east and Goats/Blame to the East/South East. If they're so inclined to look for a fight then they're in a prime position to do so. Recent conquests show them cleaning house in 45 taking a brace of Mona Lisa Overdrive cities, and a handful of No Smoking takes to the north. Consolidating their position for now it seems, strong as it already is. Will be interesting to see where they go next.

Swim

3 + 5. Scrappy GOATS/ the blame game

The strongest looking alliance in 55 and a big part of the reason of the fall of Commission.

Statistically GOATS sit 3rd in ABP, 3rd in Defense but 4th in overall fighters. Weird how it works out. Confetti's large DBP is throwing that one off but they're not far behind however, so overall very respectable.

Blame sit at 6th for ABP, 13th for defence and 6th for fighters. However their numbers are far below the top 4, whereas their points are far closer. Need some work there Blame

On the map, they control central and Southern 55, sharing borders with Fiasco/Vacations to the west and Sons to the North. There's a serious lack of fighting between them and Sons of Thor/Odin considering how closely they are positioned. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places but I can't find a single conquest going either way. Smells like an NAP to me. Recentlythey've been attacking Suicide Squad (A handful of Ex-Commission players) with some success, moving north towards the centre of the world and the other big players. I'm not privy to any of their councils, but I do wonder how the power balance is between these two alliances, and whether blame is seen as an academy or as a sister alliance.

As it stands, Goats look to be in the drivers seat of this alliance, and are the stronger of the two in terms of stats/players (Though I'm not overly familiar with many people as of late). It seems that they'll continue to do well, potentially bringing blame with them.

GOATS Swim / Blame Float

4 + 10. Sons of Odin/Thor

Truth be told I know very little of this team, which is strange considering they're a fair bit closer to us than GOATS/Blame. Very quiet. Regardless I will go with what I can see here. Second biggest team in 55, controlling the north and north east of it..

Statswise, Odin come in 5 in ABP, a whopping 21st in DBP (Have you guys even been fighting anyone?) and 5th overall in fighters but similarly to blame far down on the top 4. Thor come in 14th for ABP, aren't even on the first page for DBP at 37th and overall 22nd for fighters. Odins stats aren't bad, but a little lackluster. Their acadamy needs to learn how to fight quickly it seems.

As I said earlier, there's a serious lack of fighting between Sons and GOAT/Blame, but that seems to be somewhat of a theme for Sons. (can we come up with a more snappy abbreiviation for them please?). Their biggest war according to Grepolife is against their academy, then a golding alliance and finally an alliance who 's biggest city looks to have been 4k. Not exactly a stellar record. However, they're getting ABP from somewhere, so I'm sure there's more going on than we can see from that.

Looking at a map they have a clear southern border with GOATS/Blame, then nearby to the north and east are the small teams of Beautiful day monster and uncle bob's fun house, with Anarchaos slightly further in that direction.

They could grow in that direction by attacking those smaller alliances but that would put them in the path of Anarchaos. Or they could try and consolidate their core some more, but sooner or later GOATS/Blame will turn their attention. There seems few options for them to take that don't involve a conflict I can't see them winning.

Float then Sink

6. Confetti

A real friendly bunch who happen to get on the wrong side of Anarchaos. Statitically 4th for ABP, 1st for DBP and 3rd for fighters, their high DBP tells the story here.

Since the start of the war they've fallen in rank, and are no longer the biggest alliance in their own Ocean. With a few key players in VM and an unforunatly timed ban they're losing the war against Anarchaos hard. The current score stands at 0-37, and as it stands that score is only going to get worse for them.

Previosuly they had been gaining great traction dismantling the Infinate army group, and they have a good group of players as the core of their team. On the map their territory is being pushed further and further away from the core as they lose cities. Unless something changes soon, I don't see them sticking around much longer.

Sink

7. No Smoking

Aside from being a sensible health advice, No smoking aren't doing to badly for themselves considering their late start. Second alliance in 44, have kept themselves out of Anarchaos' sights mostly, but seem to have found themselves in Fiasco/Vacations instead which isn't too good for them. Currently down 0-9 and looking outgunned, I doubt thats a fight they're too keen on. In terms of agression, they seem to be mostly fighting blackwatch

Statistically, 11th in ABP, 15th in ABP and 15th in fighters not he best looking line. with pressure coming on from Fiasco/Vacations perhaps that defence score will rise.

Ultimatly, due to their size and positioning in Anarchaos' shadow I doubt they'll play a huge roll in the outcome of this world.

Float

8. - The Saboteurs-

Ah, Erik's team. Another latecomer. I'm sure will be using the floundering Confetti as stepping stones to grow in the next few days, already a couple of takes from them.

Statistically they're 19th in ABP, 35th in DBP and 25th overall in fighters. A very underwelming picture, but they are a newer team who hasn't had a big fight yet so worth taking with a pinch of salt.

We all know Erik by repuation so worth paying attention to this team just in case they pull something. Sitting towards the north of 54, with Anarchaos betweem them and the core I doubt they'll have an much of a say in this world. However for the immediate future they have great prospects of growth if Confetti do indeed fall.

Swim then Float

9. ????

I had to look on the map to even find out where this team is based. And they're in my home ocean. Either I pay very little attention to maps or this team is very forgettable. Probably both. Also could be that they got rimmed early by Commission and moved.

7th in ABP, 12th in DBP and 9th in fighters. Overall quite good considering their size. Maybe more to them than I first assumed.

Even so I highly doubt they'll have any significance on this world, but they're too far out for anyone to bother attacking them. Have fun ruling the rim I guess?

Float

11. Black Watch

Going to preface this by saying I'm probably fairly biased against these guys. Their existance irks me, particauly since they've been attacked by Anarchaos pretty much from the start and are survivng by being irelevant, turtling up and horrible morale against most of them.

Regardless, lets look at their stats. As you might expect living in 44 they have a high DBP rank for their size, coming in at 7th, only 2000 less points than Fiasco themselves. 13th for ABP, which isn't too bad. This leaves them at 11th in fighters holding their own for their size.

Even though their stats aren't terrbile I don't see them as being anything more than a pest going forward in this world, one that I'm sure will eventually be dealt with.

Slowly Sink

DeletedUser48256

Why play this game if you're not willing to defend day and night?

The key word in that sentence is game. Not everybody wants a game to rule their life and sleeping patterns lol. What a silly question.

Pretty sure we didn’t move further south but who cares now haha, it won’t change anything. I was told you were going to war with us regardless, if we happened to cross “the line” then it wasn’t mentioned at all.

Nope, no NAPs or Pacts, only that agreement with your alliance that we move away. In return your leaders would point you in another direction so we wouldn’t have to deal with a full on attack as, being an alliance of primarily casuals and noobs, that wouldn’t end well for us. Doing no diplo would have been stupid; you would have started attacking us 4 days earlier :D

DeletedUser48256

We were planning to attack before it showed you were in VM, plain unlucky timing there.

I haven't heard anything myself about coordination between us and Erik's lot. Not saying it isn't happening, but if it is not on an alliance level.

I was looking forward to the fight as I thought you guys were big enough to give us a challange. I was confident in us winning as as we had both the size advantage and the initaitive. But there are quite a few good names with you guys, so I thought it'd be a good little scuffle. Then you went into VM, another one of you got banned, vranac gave up etc., I don't blame anyone for giving up, even if I wish you didn't. Circumstances kind of conspired against you. At the end of the day its a game, when your opponent isn't fighting it isn't as fun. But as you say, it isn't fun to be 'hammered', so fair enough.

Like I said, give us some peace and quiet for a few days and you might have something that resembles a fight on your hands, but keep it up and you’ll just have a slaughter :)

The key word in that sentence is game. Not everybody wants a game to rule their life and sleeping patterns lol. What a silly question.

Pretty sure we didn’t move further south but who cares now haha, it won’t change anything. I was told you were going to war with us regardless, if we happened to cross “the line” then it wasn’t mentioned at all.

Nope, no NAPs or Pacts, only that agreement with your alliance that we move away. In return your leaders would point you in another direction so we wouldn’t have to deal with a full on attack as, being an alliance of primarily casuals and noobs, that wouldn’t end well for us. Doing no diplo would have been stupid; you would have started attacking us 4 days earlier :D
No NAP's with Uncle Bob either?

I’ll stick it in bold, cause you seemed to miss it the first time.

No NAPs or Pacts.

Got it? o_O
Hmmm I heard that line before....but where
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

1saaa

Strategos
I’ll stick it in bold, cause you seemed to miss it the first time.

No NAPs or Pacts.

Got it? o_O
just saying i spent the start of this server on confetti and they made it VERY clear that it was going to be no pacts or NAP's.

according to a leader (i cannot remember which who said) the chances of confetti players seeing any green whatsoever were close to 1 in a 1000.

DeletedUser39758

That's a really cool top 12 list, missed a few crescents tho.

For the record I got kicked for starting too many wars, I didn't leave on my own.
Plus I am a lone wolf anyway rarely asked for anything I think I will be okay by my self :)