Top 12 Top 12

DeletedUser33512

It's all about good roosters. Good roosters are what the hens follow.

DeletedUser54810

Considering this is supposed to be a Top 12 topic and apart from the first post there has been no Top 12 I suppose somebody better pull their finger out and do one.. I guess the man to step forward is *trumpet* ME!

So.. without further ado..

#1. Underdog - Look like a good, solid alliance. A few recognisable faces. Should do well but remember some countries do eat dogs so they better have their wits about them. Verdict: Swim.

#2. Independent - My alliance.. What can I say about this group? Great bunch, itching for a fight and having to be held back for their own good. These players are really up for it. The leader on the other hand is probably still hiding under the kitchen table because the flashing swords came up on Sunday (it was a quest), he is a shamefaced coward and blaggard. Really lets the team down..:p If they can make it past the Christmas party they'll be there or thereabouts, but Indie Xmas parties are infamous.. so they probably won't! Verdict: Michael Phelps babay! (if they survive Christmas)

#3 . Independent II - *see #2*.

#4. Pandora's Box - I like the look of these guys, I think they mean business. They have some very good players and a good solid look about them. These guys will be no pushovers. We won't be underestimating them that's for sure. Verdict: Swim.

#5. Pandora- *see #4*

#6. Vergina Sun - Look to have quite a good balance. Some good solid players but maybe the middle section to lower end let them down a little. Some very tough alliances around them so unless some great diplo is done I see them having a torrid time. Verdict: Sorry to say it but Sink..

#7. Independent III - *see #2*.

#8. Sons of Odin - Similar story to #6. I just can't see them being able to handle any of the big guns so diplomacy is key. Can see them being merged to another alliance at some point. Verdict: Sink.

#9. Epic Shadow - One look at the Profile is enough to convince me this is gonna be an Epic Fail.. They have some decent players but they will be recruited by whoever beats them in battle. Verdict: Sink.

#10. Battle Bears - Oh dear.. Care bears on a profile pic? (says the man with Big Gay al on his. lol) Seriously, some good players, not enough unfortunately. Depending on how they play this group could make it to WW. But they won't win.. Verdict: Float.

#11. Ancient Ghosts - In a false position.. They won't be in the top 12 in 2 weeks.. I see other alliances outside the top 12 that I believe will overtake this group. Verdict: Sink.

#12. Myrmidions - Same story here as the last few alliances, some good players here but nowhere near enough. If they can pick and choose their battles and grow steadily they could creep up there. That is a big IF. Tough one for me to call but my verdict is: Float.

Honorable mention: Blue Magic. Only low membership keep them out of the top 12. With the right recruitment and if they pick the right battles they could go far. Expect them to be top 12 within 2 weeks..

Ryann16

Strategos
Ryan's Top 12
World Selymbria EN99

Underdog:
Good core in North East 45, However I dont recognize many players or know much about them. They seem to have a good team of players and seem to be one of the few alliances without an academy in the top 12. Will likely end up fighting Myrmidons and Trident in the future. SWIM

Independent:
This is where things get difficult. The original team is a solid group of player, however they are starting to lean towards MRA with two other branches already. They range from West 55 to North 54, and will collapse in the future due to infighting or real competition. Only way I see this hypocrite surviving is if they cut the fat and establish a core in Northwest 45. FLOAT

Independent II:
Spread across 3 Oceans, They will likely collapse when Independent cuts the fat. SINK

Pandora's Box:
Based in 55 with a solid core up North and a few loners down towards the southern part of the Ocean. The two alliances should be able to secure 55 rather easily, will most likely clash with Indies. They have a better core and seem to be more organized. Good alliance. SWIM

Pandora:
See number 4

Vergina Sun:
Original name, and a nice history lesson on their profile. I don't recognize many names on the roster, however, they have a nice spot secured in central 54 and seem to be experienced. Could possibly be part of Indies fall if they decide to hit them in South West 54. Should have no trouble keeping the ocean in their control. SWIM

Independent III:
Previously known as Razzle Dazzle. Lost some players, including their leader Amazon King. They seemed to have things under control and were owning the BP boards, but they made a bad move and joined the indie MRA in my opinion. Could still be a potential threat if they cut things off with the Indies, however they are in a tight spot along the west border of 55. FLOAT.

Sons of Odin:
They have a tight core in Central 45, but 45 is one of the most difficult oceans on this world. Dont know much about them, but they have a sister alliance with Battle Bears to the North East. Both alliances have tight cores and I can see them being a future threat to Underdog. SWIM

Epic Shadow:
Took the name from an MRA of 5 alliances on Rhodes. They are spread thin throughout 44, and i do not seem them going far. SINK

Battle Bears:
See number 8

Ancient Ghosts:
Spread out with no real core across 45 and 55. Will be easy pickings. SINK

Shadow Knights:
Main alliance of 4 total. Seems to be MRA and they will likely fall to Vergina Sun or Indies. SINK

Honorable Mentions:
True Fear: Players from EN97, Seem to be winning over there. I have led alliances against these guys and they should not be underestimated.

DeletedUser54810

Interesting take on the MRA part on Indie.. I knew this would be the first thing said.. :rolleyes:

We took on 3 divisions because we had enough players request to join us to fill 6, we have a waiting list and from that alone I could set up a 4th division and it would also be around the top 12 ranking, that is how popular this alliance has become. People like our no frills style.. I will not be doing that but if players leave we will recruit from that list and alliances we beat the tar out of.

Indie traditionally do have 3 divisions, we won Nicaea with 3 divisions and a similar cap. Although we have played with less that is our ideal formula so we'll stick with it. Remember we don't do all the coalition, huggin and cuddlin so we'll need them.

Look at the players, look at the rankings of all 3 divisions, all 3 are in the top 7, all 3 are in the top 6 for fighters.. There is an even balance of good players in all 3 divisions. The II and III divisions have players ranked higher than the top ones in the first division, not that any of that matters to us because as I've said before Indie is one family, it's the server who make the cap, not us.

If you want to look further down the roster and point out players who aren't as strong as our top players fair enough, but look at every other alliance and try telling me they don't have smaller players too? Of course they do so who is to say that their small players will do any better than ours?

Anyway if that's an MRA then it's the best one I've ever seen..:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryann16

Strategos
Interesting take on the MRA part on Indie.. I knew this would be the first thing said.. :rolleyes:

We took on 3 divisions because we had enough players request to join us to fill 6, we have a waiting list and from that alone I could set up a 4th division and it would also be around the top 12 ranking, that is how popular this alliance has become. People like our no frills style.. I will not be doing that but if players leave we will recruit from that list and alliances we beat the tar out of.

Indie traditionally do have 3 divisions, we won Nicaea with 3 divisions and a similar cap. Although we have played with less that is our ideal formula so we'll stick with it. Remember we don't do all the coalition, huggin and cuddlin so we'll need them.

Look at the players, look at the rankings of all 3 divisions, all 3 are in the top 7, all 3 are in the top 6 for fighters.. There is an even balance of good players in all 3 divisions. The II and III divisions have players ranked higher than the top ones in the first division, not that any of that matters to us because as I've said before Indie is one family, it's the server who make the cap, not us.

If you want to look further down the roster and point out players who aren't as strong as our top players fair enough, but look at every other alliance and try telling me they don't have smaller players too? Of course they do so who is to say that their small players will do any better than ours?

Anyway if that's an MRA then it's the best one I've ever seen..:D

Its nice that you are all one family, dont get me wrong, but MRA literally translates to Mass Recruiting Alliance. Everything you just said to counter my argument, further proves that you are a MRA. I text in bold above is evidence coming from you yourself. Also, if you pull up a map, you are spread thin across all 4 core oceans with the bulk of your players in Northwest 45. You will likely survive in your core, but the competition is to strong to be spread that wide this early. Hope you are a good diplomat Mr. MRA.

DeletedUser54810

Ryan.. I remember you from when first started playing. Nicaea or Sinope I believe? Could have been somewhere else.

Can't recall exactly but you played for Indie (sort of) and you know full well this is no MRA.. When you were with us we had one division and as usual were fighting everyone. You left that world because you were a new player, you had a difficult time because you ran your mouth (which is never a good thing for a new player to do, especially when in a hostile area that you want to get away from asap) and upset a few peeps on the externals (still haven't learned that lesson have we mate, you always did run your mouth at people who you hadn't read the book on) Basically Ryan I was winning worlds with Indie and kicking backsides long before you even started playing so I think I know the difference between an MRA and an alliance that has recruited good solid players alongside the ones we already had.

I bet if I handed our waiting list over to most alliances on this server they would rip our hands off for some of those guys and gals on it, and yet they have to wait to get in here. You just took a guy off the III division who 20 mins earlier was in the forum asking if walls help his ships defend better so what does that say for your selection process? You convince yourself as much as you like that this is an MRA, I don't mind that at all because anyone who expects an easy fight against this 'MRA' will be very disapointed. Please continue to underestimate us.

As for us having 3 alliances we won a world with 3 divisions, is that standard MRA practice? Eviction Notice had 3 divisions Ryan, plus they would have half the server make NAPs but they had attack their enemies to maintain that NAP. They won loads of worlds. You calling them MRA too? Some did.. and made themselves look very silly.

I said we recruit from a waiting list.. I didn't say we'd recruit everyone on that list did I? I said we'd recruit players from defeated alliances. Yes we will, the good ones and so will every other alliance on the server or they won't last 5 mins..

I have pulled a map.. I've looked at it with everyone on, with just us on, every way you can look at a map without putting custard on it in fact. Yes i see gaps, but we have a lot of very good players so I have confidence in our ability to deal with whatever comes our way..

As for diplo.. You see our profile?

Brir doesn't do diplo.. You know that..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryann16

Strategos
Hey Dave,

been playing for 7 years actually, Started winning worlds on EN3 Gamma. And as a matter of fact, I did call Eviction Notice an MRA. Shortly after that, the alliance I was in gave them a run for their money. Erik tried suing InnoGames because he got beat at his own game.

I never said I underestimated you, but I did call you a MRA. I never said you didnt have skill. I have no doubt that your team can play, but there is also competition. As I said before, MRA translates to Mass Recruiting Alliance, which is what seems to be what you are doing. You took in all of Razzle Dazzle, after you could have been fine with 2 alliances. Poor move from War Born. Never dissed anyone in Indie, just saying as I see it. Matter of fact Ana has my heart ;) And all of my respect, So I have NO DOUBT that you can play.

I dont recognize your name, and im sure you have me mistaken for someone else. Yes I played Sinope with Fluff, after winning EN55 with them, but I played under a different name for In game and Forums. Not trying to throw shade, just saying that you guys have a poor location (being spread), and you have been recruiting massively.

No hugging and cuddling is fun and all, but only when you do it the original way. Last server I played, I led an alliance of 32 players against a MRA of 90+. Numbers mean a lot, but so does skill. Just think its funny that you have 3 alliances but your name is "Independent" :p

I dont understand why youre so butthurt, but I will gladly lead my 35 man group against your MRA any day. Perhaps it will happen on another server as I am simming here, but I guarantee you wont be kicking any of our backsides. Do your research before throwing out false accusations and empty threats.

Much Love to you though Ana :cool: