Top 12 Top 12

DeletedUser54810

oh man, not the powerhouse smokin guns!?!?!? ggnore

Pandora, Pandora's Box, Vergina Sun, Elpis, Awakening (they were all the same, a few name changes and changes in leadership here and there after Indie beatings. All top 10 ranked alliances with Pandoras being #1). Viridians, Verdinians (both major MRA tbh) and now SG..

We fight top 10 alliances in 3 oceans and are happy to take on anyone.. What's everyone else done in comparisson?

Last edited by a moderator:

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
I guess pandoras worth noting. They just fell apart as soon as 1 attack was sent. And then their players joined your multiple "independent" branches. I always found it amusing how someone can be called independent, and have 3 alliances. Defeats the purpose No?:p
You guys are by far the best. I'm just outside of the main action and I'm ok with that for now. Eventually it all comes together on the end.
Plus it looks like most of smoking guns players are alive and well? I didn't follow them cause I would have to scroll too far down to find em.

As for me, I am of no merit or accomplishment, just my 2 cents. Mra over here, mra over there. Mra's everywhere lol. 40s a nice number, I don't see a reason to go over. Anyhow, excuse any grammar and spelling, I'm on a phone ova here! Lol

DeletedUser54810

I guess pandoras worth noting. They just fell apart as soon as 1 attack was sent. And then their players joined your multiple "independent" branches. I always found it amusing how someone can be called independent, and have 3 alliances. Defeats the purpose No?:p
You guys are by far the best. I'm just outside of the main action and I'm ok with that for now. Eventually it all comes together on the end.
Plus it looks like most of smoking guns players are alive and well? I didn't follow them cause I would have to scroll too far down to find em.

As for me, I am of no merit or accomplishment, just my 2 cents. Mra over here, mra over there. Mra's everywhere lol. 40s a nice number, I don't see a reason to go over. Anyhow, excuse any grammar and spelling, I'm on a phone ova here! Lol

It's worth noting that we fought Pandora and co and although they appeared to just "fall apart" it happened because they were up against a very good alliance. During the conflict good players quit, some switched to other splinter groups which were still red to us. We got a good idea of who was fighting well and who wasn't so we recruited players who showed skill and determination during the fighting.

Net result: We got more good people to add to an already impressive list of solid team players, these new recruits are part of the family the minute they step through the door and their input is noticable and appreciated by everyone.. Except our enemies..
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

In answer to your thoughts on not seeing the point in going over the 40 alliance cap my response is quite simple: If an alliance has 90, 100 heck 200 or so players it is one alliance is it not? Alliances don't make the caps, Inno do..

Therefore in Indies case there are 3 divisions but still one alliance. All follow the same directives and act as one, all fight as one.. Check out our profile.. You see our general concensus on diplomacy.. We don't like it, avoid it as much as possible but if it's of interest we'll listen. We aren't forming any coalitions either, we are just doing what suits us so what isn't Independent about that?

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
There's appearing to fall apart, and just flat out falling apart. Both Pandora and awakening just fell apart. Leaders up and left, and people didn't value being in something like that. Sure, y'all likely hit em good, but Pandora did just fall apart. No alliance of that tribe should have fallen as quick as they did, no reason for it.

I know, you'll have a rebuttal, but I can't let ya act ya you got all the credit. Mvp of the fighting Pandora went to pandora, they did a nice job throwing in the towel.

As for caps, still don't see it. That's generally a too down mentality. If the member limit is 100, people will take in 200. I like this 40 member limit, and it would be nice to see a top 15 where there were 15 people fighting for power. Sadly, it's not. Alliance are like "I'm under attack" and just poof, gone. Weak leadership is usually the answer. Independent has surprised me and endured thus far, I will say that. But every family/mra ends the same way in my experience. It goes well, there's an difference in ideals, and people then break off. Happens every time.

As for what's not independent it's simple. There's not a declaration of independence 2, people don't say it's do good to be independent 3. Unless you've confused independent with shrek and are trying to make even more alliances lol.

Tell ya what, you can prove my point wrong, ONLY if on your pact screen it say "0". That's independent. No green, just blue.

But like I said, what do I know about words and stuff ;)

DeletedUser54192

but Pandora did just fall apart. No alliance of that tribe should have fallen as quick as they did, no reason for it.
Actually, there was. A bunch of players decided that their failures must be due to their current leaders (several of whom were good enough to be personally invited to Indies a short while later), and defected to form Awakening. If not for the lack of determination on the part of those players, Pandora would have lasted longer than they did. At that point, it was the loyal remains of the Pandora family fighting against 3 branches of Indies, and the traitors that made up Awakening.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
That's my point about bad leaders. Plus when you have multiple branches and multiple leaders, there's a disconnect. There's not 1 or 2 visions, there 6 or 8. And people leave. Awakening through they can do it better, that failed. Others threw in the towel and hopped to indie once awakening broke off.

DeletedUser54192

That's my point about bad leaders. Plus when you have multiple branches and multiple leaders, there's a disconnect. There's not 1 or 2 visions, there 6 or 8. And people leave. Awakening through they can do it better, that failed. Others threw in the towel and hopped to indie once awakening broke off.
The thing is, Pandora didn't have bad leadership as a whole. As with any alliance, there will be some leaders who are better than others. But that doesn't mean the entire leadership is bad, or that a lack of determination from the players is the fault of the leaders. I've seen some of those leaders do extremely well fighting a similar war and keeping their players fighting on another world, so I would say that to pin it on them is wrong, when it was mainly due to certain Pandora players lacking commitment and loyalty.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
You see I would like to agree with you. However I am a firm believer that a leader is supposed to fix those issues. They are supposed to motivate, inspire, push their teams forward. Pandoras leaders may have had the right vision, the right idea. In their heads, but were unable to pull it together. What's the point of a leader if he can't get his brother in arms to fight with him? There will be a few bad apples in every bunch, but when even apples start to rot , all of them will rot, unless you take them out. Good leaders will see, understand, and fix that. That's my 2 cents

DeletedUser54810

There's appearing to fall apart, and just flat out falling apart. Both Pandora and awakening just fell apart. Leaders up and left, and people didn't value being in something like that. Sure, y'all likely hit em good, but Pandora did just fall apart. No alliance of that tribe should have fallen as quick as they did, no reason for it.

I know, you'll have a rebuttal, but I can't let ya act ya you got all the credit. Mvp of the fighting Pandora went to pandora, they did a nice job throwing in the towel.

As for caps, still don't see it. That's generally a too down mentality. If the member limit is 100, people will take in 200. I like this 40 member limit, and it would be nice to see a top 15 where there were 15 people fighting for power. Sadly, it's not. Alliance are like "I'm under attack" and just poof, gone. Weak leadership is usually the answer. Independent has surprised me and endured thus far, I will say that. But every family/mra ends the same way in my experience. It goes well, there's an difference in ideals, and people then break off. Happens every time.

As for what's not independent it's simple. There's not a declaration of independence 2, people don't say it's do good to be independent 3. Unless you've confused independent with shrek and are trying to make even more alliances lol.

Tell ya what, you can prove my point wrong, ONLY if on your pact screen it say "0". That's independent. No green, just blue.

But like I said, what do I know about words and stuff ;)

Pandora didn't fail because of bad leadership, heck we recruited some of their leaders and they know their stuff. Bad soldiers are always quick to lay the blame on leaders but it was simply a case of them being outgunned. when it came down to it we brought more to the gunfight than they did. Alexander the Great would not have won leading Pandora..

The only green we have are a training alliance we have no interest in fighting and our two divisions. We won't be splitting up our world winning alliance that has been built up over a 5 year period and contains players from the world it was originally formed and ones that joined as we travelled through other worlds. Many just like the pandora players were enemies at some point.

Most of us have fought against each other before so we know each other well and understand each players preferred style/role. We are a well drilled team so it's a mistake to think these 3 divisions constitutes any form of MRA. Anyway, we will not be calling ourselves 3 different names and going against each other just to fit Inno's cap or to make any 'purist' happy.

The majority who spout that "only blue" drivel only do so because the alliance they are in aren't popular enough to have any other divisions or are incapable of controlling more than one so it's just sour grapes. Their tune always changes if they do become popular. Then lo and behold another division sprouts up.

Out of interest who are you with my friend, and would you feel inclined to quit if they got another branch or two of good, solid players? Like we have.. lol..

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Alexander the great wouldn't have recruited them in the first place. It's all how you build it. You guys like defending these leaders, however a leader builds his alliance his way, and a good leader will get the right people. Or not I guess.

Hey, good for you guys that you have all these players from other worlds, still don't change me opinion, but I am a purist, and in the minority of only blue. Sure, I believe in some pacts here and there, but another branch? No thanks. I'm a bit antisocial myself, so less is more to me lol.

My names the same here as it is in game, I'm not hard to find, and no, I wouldn't quit, I'd just do what I did before. Break off and do my own thing, because we don't need more inactives.

DeletedUser17564

1 Independent II - With second branch of Independent topping the points rankings, the ABP rankings and being the top fighters overall they have well and truly stolen the top spot from Odin. Along with their others branches these guys are dominating the north.

2 Sons of Odin - Great bunch of guys to be working with.

3 Blue Magic - Good core in 55. Judging from their position in the DBP rankings they're taking a lot of hits at the moment. Losing a few cities here and there but don't seem to be going anywhere at the moment.

4 Independent - Always makes me wonder when the first branch of an alliance is overtaken by another. But I guess that just how it goes.

5 True Fear - In fairness to these guys they have stormed the rankings in the past weeks and are doing very well for an alliance starting late. While there seems to be a bit of bad blood between them and some of the members of my group, I have nothing against them. Just wish I was a bit closer to the front line.

6 BROSSR - Don't know much about these guys. They have a decent core down south on the rim. Not really much in the way of BP for such an alliance of this size.

7 Repossession Agents - Quite spread out across a few oceans and sharing some borders with indies, could be bloody for them. Pretty good ABP ranking.

8 Sons of Thor - I won't say much as this is my alliance, but as the newest branch of Sons we are doing pretty good :)

9 Independent III - See 1

10 Battle Bears - See 2

11 Slaughter Club - Until writing this I'd never heard of these guys, so don't have much to say really

12 Twilight Drifters IV - They're dominating ocean 34 but other than that nothing special going on with these guys.

My comments are my own and do not reflect my alliances opinions.

With so much changing recently I thought I'd do a comparison of last times top 12.

1. Sons of Odin ~ stealing the top spot in points from Indies in the last 24 hours we see the Sons back where they belong ;) 2nd in abp and 2nd in overall bp, and with a clean streak when it comes to the wars they've thought, I am proud to be a part of this group.

2. Independent II ~ dropping a place since the last rankings, but still the world leaders in ABP and overall bp. Very good record when it comes to wars only losing a few "skirmishes" to Repossession Agents.

3. Independent ~ See 2

4. Blue Magic ~ Also dropping a space since last time and as we can see from the wars thread they're losing cities left, right and centre. Still don't seem to be leaving us just yet though. Doing much better than their predecessors.

5. Repossession Agents ~ Leaping up two spaces since last time. They're winning their "non war" against indies, even if indies do insist they're just inactives ;)

6. True Fear ~ Losing the number 5 spot to RA doesn't mean anything. These guys are very good fighters and will not be going anywhere soon.

7. Fiasco United ~ Storming the top 12 seemingly out of nowhere recently. Can only assume it has something to do with the disappearance of Slaughter club and branches.

8. Sons of Thor ~ No change here. Still a great alliance :)

9. BROSSR ~ Dropping a couple of spaces since last time. Currently beating Blue magic by 1 city.

10. Independent III ~ See 2

11. Battle Bears ~ have seen many ups and downs in point recently due to member shifting. But still remaining firmly in the top 12 :)

12. Dark souls ~ All I've been able to find out about these guys is that they have a nice core up in 53 and they've taken 3 cities from RA.

Where are they now?
1. Twilight Drifters IV ~ these guys have dropped way down to rank 21 since last time. A splinter group has split of to form Tesla Spears, apparently unhappy with how things are run.

2. Slaughter club ~ from what I can see they suffered heavy losses to Fiasco United and RA and some have merged into these alliances. Their time in the sun was short lived.

DeletedUser54810

Where are they now?
1. Twilight Drifters IV ~ these guys have dropped way down to rank 21 since last time. A splinter group has split of to form Tesla Spears, apparently unhappy with how things are run.

2. Slaughter club ~ from what I can see they suffered heavy losses to Fiasco United and RA and some have merged into these alliances. Their time in the sun was short lived.

Umm.. Apoligies.. We kinda killed Twilight IV too.. The reason? there are 2:

1. They were in our territory..

2. An ex girlfriend (yes there was a time when I dated gals. lol.) FORCED me to go to the Odeon and watch Twilight II.. What a crock of (insert whatever you like here) that was.. A girls choice between necrophilia or bestiality and millions watched that garbage. Millions actually thought it was good..

Well I didn't.. I HATED it.. That's why.. so beware Twilight I, II and III..

Slaughter club.. yeah.. Maybe Suicide Squad would have been a better moniker? Not so much slaughter, more bowing out with a whimper against a turtle alliance that only attacks poor inactives/players.. The day they hit a live Indie is the day 2 things happen.

1. They get battered senseless..

2. The shock leads to a coronary on my good self.. It could quite literally kill me, and the rest of the natives here..

DeletedUser54810

Wait a second, did you just take credit for sc falling apart? You didn't do anything lol

wait a second, can't you read? :confused:

Read it again.. I clearly said "lost to a turtle alliance".. We top the ABP charts so clearly that isn't us , Or is it?:D

You made yourself look a bit silly there matey..:p

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Yes, you're right. I misread, good thing I never claimed to be smart ;)

I respect the abp ratings. It ain t too shabby :p

Speaking of which, I gotta crank up the heat this weekend and pass ya on abp :D

DeletedUser54810

Well seeing as some SOO and Battle Bums players appear to be teaming up with Blue Magic and Repo Noobs having a crack too it appears to be a coordinated Op on us this should get interesting..

Obviously we are going to wipe the floor with them.. But it was always gonna happen.. They should have waited longer, got some more guns onside because this will be a short war and the server will die of boredom becase we'll have wasted it before WW.. Great.. We HATE WW..

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Well see. It sure will be interesting. I sure will be following stats to see what the outcome is. Let's see if you wipe the floor.

*sits on rim and drinks tea*

DeletedUser48582

So since nobody else wants to go i'll do it.

1. Sons of Odin
My own crew currently fighting Indies and is eying the #1 spot on the attackers list for BP :D Doing well still and has just reached the 100-conquest milestone against Indie (well done lads!).SWIM

2. Repossession Agents
Started as a rim alliance and many didn't want to predict their faith or claimed they where to spread out. Their war results speaks for themselves and they have moved to the top quickly by being aggressive. True they are still a bit spread out but there is still a good amount of time to fix that issue and with Indies coming collapse they will have a solid area to set up for the end game. If they can keep their tight solid group together they could be a contender to the win.SWIM

3. True Fear
Another rim alliance and as predicted in my earlier top 12 they would move to the top quickly. An experienced group with a tight loyal core of members and they have easily gained dominance over O46. Some skirmishes with BROSSR has occurred one the border into O56 and I believe the status is 27 - 4 in TF's favor (not 100% sure so correct me if im wrong) so this could be an interesting war to follow. End game-wise they are one of the 4-5 contenders to the win. They have played it smart and secured their core before expanding into neighbor oceans.SWIM

4. Blue Magic
One of the most experienced alliances in the server and they have had their share of war so far. Despite being outnumbered in every war they have fought they are still standing and even has the upper hand. They are currently smashing BROSSR and Indies at the same time which you have to give them credit for. Being based in O55 their position is some what fragile with wars to the north and south and the unknown factor in Fiasco to the east. But knowing them they will fight off everyone who wants to dance :cool: An underdog for the win due to position and surroundings but never underestimate quality and experience - A contender to the win.SWIM

5. Independent II
Where to begin... In my past top 12 I claimed them to break off in three different directions but so far they have held their troops in line which they have get some respect for. Looking at the map it don't look good position-wise as they are still based in the core with no fall back position in the rim at all. I think their thought was to move north/north west through O44 but this never happened fully. They are currently loosing ground on every front they have and several players are either leaving or going into VM - not a healthy sign. On top of that they suddenly made a mini-merge with a splinter group from the former TD (Dave: I guess these are true Indies as well :p:p). All of this is generally a bad sign. From looking outside it seems the Indie leadership either underestimated their surroundings or was overconfident in them selves after they took down Pandora - Or perhaps both. They went to war against everyone and didn't seal of any potential frontline through diplomacy. I think it is a matter of time before some players jump ship to opponents and/or the rest of the "true" indies reform themselves in one alliance and take it from there. SINK

6. Fiasco
Don't know much about them but looking at the map they seem to have a solid position in the rim (O65). BP wise it looks decent for an alliance in the rim. One of their option could be a merge if they want a shot on the win but im not sure wonders are what they are looking for. FLOAT

7. Independent
See no. 5.SINK

8. BROSSR
Based in O56 and currently fighting TF and BM - both seems to be a lost cause. They are based no. 5 in the defender rankings which indicates that they are having a hard time against their enemies. A merge down the line might be the best solution for them to survice.SINK

9. Sons of Thor
See no. 1.SWIM

10. Independent III

See no. 5.SINK

11. Battle Bears

See no. 1.SWIM

12. Tesla Spears
A fairly new alliance that broke off with the former TD. They are based in O44 where they fight Indies and so far with good results. They have some good opportunites to move north towards the rim in case they want to do wonders. They still need some size but there is still some months to go to gain this.SWIM