Top 12 Top 12

TromboneTom

Strategos
I have only replicated what i saw today, building nukes in hours. It's not your fault, it's your right to use how much gold you want! Rather i blame this on INNO! The amount of unfairness created by the use of gold in this game is huge. If i were to climb up your stacks of gold and jump down i would die. I just wanted to make one thing clear with out your gold you would be nothing.
giphy.gif

DeletedUser47128

I have only replicated what i saw today, building nukes in hours. It's not your fault, it's your right to use how much gold you want! Rather i blame this on INNO! The amount of unfairness created by the use of gold in this game is huge. If i were to climb up your stacks of gold and jump down i would die. I just wanted to make one thing clear with out your gold you would be nothing.

In the early game, yes I agree with this. Late game, gold matters a lot less. Time is what really makes a difference between a good and a bad player. A person that can play for 20 hours a day will be better than a person that is only able to spare 4 hours a day to play period.

"Without your gold you would be nothing." True for some players but definitely not true for everyone. Grepolis is a simple game, its a simulator attached to a clock. Gold doesn't make sniping any easier or harder, nor does it determine if your a member of a good or a bad alliance.

IMO, spamming is 10x times worse than the gold problem ever could be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56264

Please do not make them fell bad about golding, I really appreciate the trading at the moment

DeletedUser53831

Inno Games REALLY needs to release a No Gold world where instant golding units and buildings aren't possible. Then we will really see who is skilled and who isn't...

DeletedUser53831

If instant building units isn't pay to win then I don't know what to say. The person with more gold is going to beat the other person everytime, even when they're the same skill level.

DeletedUser47128

If instant building units isn't pay to win then I don't know what to say. The person with more gold is going to beat the other person everytime, even when they're the same skill level.

100% disagree. Figuring out when a person is asleep or at work is more OP than gold ever could be.

DeletedUser53831

And another person leaves the grepolis community
100% disagree. Figuring out when a person is asleep or at work is more OP than gold ever could be.
What's the point in that when the person being attacked can now gold wall and DLU?

Van Helsing

Phrourach
Inno Games REALLY needs to release a No Gold world where instant golding units and buildings aren't possible. Then we will really see who is skilled and who isn't...

Whilst I play with Gold and believe I use it carefully, I also think the movement of resources around cities, what you build in a particular order and being aggressive and/or thoughtful in defence is a skill set required for this game.
However Isolated suggestion would certainly be an interesting concept for a world.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Gold only works when you have team-mates uses gold.
Unfair, YES.
Guilty overhere, big YES.
Ithaca, it was much better, no gold for me, top 10 but gold makes you lazy!
Can gold make you help time 100 strikes in a 10 sec window , NO!
Does gold kill this game, NO, but ....
It was much better, half it at least peeps had to wait days to go back full power.
But blaming goldusers is easy, blame bot users is way harder, many gold complains come from welknow botters.
You can have 50 incomings , but have the luck you can easy score 40o birs by gold of the revolted city and perform a perfect snipe.

Do not blame us, blame INNO indeed.

I also blame the new game format, tried to make WW way better from councill, but got kicked out because I refused to talk non stop about events - gold spending.

Instead to make the WW next generation, same thing, but keep it from busted and 1 round.... no rotation etc etc....

Instead make something better what already was good, but trouble is if you had 100 peeps, 90 were happy, but 10 cry outload and those get heard by inno and we have a terrible new end-game.

I have a Devine crown, lol, I deserved it ! But most don't.
I know peeps who were in 3 servers founders,3 have a fire crown, and know noobs never made it in team 1 because always to small, to litle to noob, but got a devine, just want to clarify how little INNO know their own game!

Instead of give gold cown to all 1 first 7 WW, and get the crown upgraded by next victor of world awards would been so much better !

Anyway, goldusers beware of the skilled high active killers !

DeletedUser53831

Gold only works when you have team-mates uses gold.
Unfair, YES.
Guilty overhere, big YES.
Ithaca, it was much better, no gold for me, top 10 but gold makes you lazy!
Can gold make you help time 100 strikes in a 10 sec window , NO!
Does gold kill this game, NO, but ....
It was much better, half it at least peeps had to wait days to go back full power.
But blaming goldusers is easy, blame bot users is way harder, many gold complains come from welknow botters.
You can have 50 incomings , but have the luck you can easy score 40o birs by gold of the revolted city and perform a perfect snipe.

Do not blame us, blame INNO indeed.

I also blame the new game format, tried to make WW way better from councill, but got kicked out because I refused to talk non stop about events - gold spending.

Instead to make the WW next generation, same thing, but keep it from busted and 1 round.... no rotation etc etc....

Instead make something better what already was good, but trouble is if you had 100 peeps, 90 were happy, but 10 cry outload and those get heard by inno and we have a terrible new end-game.

I have a Devine crown, lol, I deserved it ! But most don't.
I know peeps who were in 3 servers founders,3 have a fire crown, and know noobs never made it in team 1 because always to small, to litle to noob, but got a devine, just want to clarify how little INNO know their own game!

Instead of give gold cown to all 1 first 7 WW, and get the crown upgraded by next victor of world awards would been so much better !

Anyway, goldusers beware of the skilled high active killers !

Eh whatever, this game is still dying regardless, the core ocean struggle to fill even weeks after BP, I ghosted and I'm still in core ocean... this isn't looking good.

DeletedUser55362

Well, i play with the gold i get from trade. If just for fun, everyone tried to do it... Just for a month, the german dudes would change their perspective about the game.

When they started this game, they had WAY LESS money, so where's the need to suck even more?!

I would say its in the blood, but i would be call a lot of things eheh. Never forget the past :p

GERMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZZZZZZ

DeletedUser54384

The worst ever world I have ever played in grepolis starting from Marathon.
1.The worst roaster of players ever.
2. The lowest participants count in 3 speed worlds ever.

But a good place for golding and storing some more gold for a real good 3 or higher speed world with a good players’ roaster, that I hope will come in this year.

DeletedUser24785

Eh whatever, this game is still dying regardless, the core ocean struggle to fill even weeks after BP, I ghosted and I'm still in core ocean... this isn't looking good.

i agree with this, gold, bots , blah blah, i miss the old days when the server was more than 4 oceans big, players used to rush to join a new server, some couldn't even get on.
The game is what it is now, shame most have decided to no longer play. Still surprised how many names i do know, and probably a few under new id's .
Don't know about this new end game, just came back to see if anything had improved, it seems not.

DeletedUser42834

The worst ever world I have ever played in grepolis starting from Marathon.
1.The worst roaster of players ever.
2. The lowest participants count in 3 speed worlds ever.

But a good place for golding and storing some more gold for a real good 3 or higher speed world with a good players’ roaster, that I hope will come in this year.
I totally agree with you, golding ruined this world for good. Joined hours after it started, after 2 days people were already having quite large cities and colonizing already. I play a lot, but kept falling in the rankings, definitely it's those gold players and also those who use bots who are getting the upper hand. Thing is, if people are going to gold this crazy, I'm never joining another brand new world again. I'd rather wait for the golding newbies and cheaters who have no skill to get weeded out and join in later on, if this keeps up. Joining at the beginning of the world is supposed to be fun, not get outpaced by golders and then blasted with attacks. Also the alliance mix and their player compositions here is utterly horrendous overall. Personally I've never seen people so inattentive dealing with internals. Gold's probably way too easy to get these days. I save my gold for the important stuff like advisors, but some just waste it on their cities and this is messing up the power balance.
P.S. Side was way more fun than this, I joined really late and still managed to carve out a decent empire. There's no way I'm going to survive in this world like this. If this keeps up I'm probably going to leave and rejoin later when things settle down, these new worlds nowadays are insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lost1547

Hipparchus
Why do i see players crying about gold, Common guys, I just took 1 city from you, Keep it up and you will lose more
I was just playing low key untill someone name claytonsrevenge Decided to attack me, and then someone thought that it would be really nice to attack me while im sleeping and kill my CS and Ls
I didnt cry when i lost them while sleeping, so why are you guys crying when i took your city infront of your eyes
50k gold was nothing,
This Thread is Top 12 players, not top 12 cry babies