Top 12

DeletedUser55346

Havoc and ThePlague will be top 2 - my prediction. At least atm. Lets see... world is just too young... and mby there wil be new premades who could be strong enough.

T0M4S

Chiliarch
Now this is just my opinion, but how is founding on a rock when there are still 4 days left of BP "waste of slot" and "just for points". By the end of BP you will easily have enough battle points from bandits/quests to have another slot anyways and will be able to insta conq another city much easier due to having a second city with more res and troops. Its a lot more efficient than just sitting there with one city and do nothing for 4-5 days when you could have another 2-3k point city by the end of BP and still have a slot ready to go. And since you are much stronger and have at least 50% more troops & res at your disposal farming battle points and cities is a good bit easier than with just the one city. I haven't played grepo in a few years now so I may be missing something here, but this doesn't seem to be a bad option here since you cant colonize farm islands yet and rocks are still fine for WW late game anyways?

DeletedUser19607

Now this is just my opinion, but how is founding on a rock when there are still 4 days left of BP "waste of slot" and "just for points". By the end of BP you will easily have enough battle points from bandits/quests to have another slot anyways and will be able to insta conq another city much easier due to having a second city with more res and troops. Its a lot more efficient than just sitting there with one city and do nothing for 4-5 days when you could have another 2-3k point city by the end of BP and still have a slot ready to go. And since you are much stronger and have at least 50% more troops & res at your disposal farming battle points and cities is a good bit easier than with just the one city. I haven't played grepo in a few years now so I may be missing something here, but this doesn't seem to be a bad option here since you cant colonize farm islands yet and rocks are still fine for WW late game anyways?

The slot can easily be used to take a city on a island your alliance is trying to secure. If your alliance is solid then you'll only need your alliance to help fend off attacks and typically thats easy at the start. What I'm saying is that there are much better uses for the slot. Nobody will take a rock island city if they playing to win due to it not contributing to the WW island. I do know if your rock island city is close to a WW island with WW on it then it will be quick to transport resources buts thats the only real benefit I see. If you being attacked early on 9/10 the enemy sees you as weak so your alliance will be targeted by the other alliance and at that point it won't necessarily matter if you have 50% more troops cause they'll be wiped anyways.

I think a better alternative to founding on a rock city is building mythical units and getting your academy all the way up to eventually unlock the ability to favor farm. Building the walls up is also an alternative but in some cases this could save you and + you can always knock the wall down, itll be a waste of resources but you'll farm more resources easy once out of BP.

If you like me my Battle Points is acting stupid. My battle points I get from attacking farm villages keeps disappearing for me so I'm unable to do victory processions at the time although I have 500BP now, so if I was founding a city I would have no slots essentially. I think this is just a glitch for me though but I haven't heard from the support team at all...starting to think there isn't one

T0M4S

Chiliarch
The slot can easily be used to take a city on a island your alliance is trying to secure. If your alliance is solid then you'll only need your alliance to help fend off attacks and typically thats easy at the start. What I'm saying is that there are much better uses for the slot. Nobody will take a rock island city if they playing to win due to it not contributing to the WW island. I do know if your rock island city is close to a WW island with WW on it then it will be quick to transport resources buts thats the only real benefit I see. If you being attacked early on 9/10 the enemy sees you as weak so your alliance will be targeted by the other alliance and at that point it won't necessarily matter if you have 50% more troops cause they'll be wiped anyways.

I think a better alternative to founding on a rock city is building mythical units and getting your academy all the way up to eventually unlock the ability to favor farm. Building the walls up is also an alternative but in some cases this could save you and + you can always knock the wall down, itll be a waste of resources but you'll farm more resources easy once out of BP.

If you like me my Battle Points is acting stupid. My battle points I get from attacking farm villages keeps disappearing for me so I'm unable to do victory processions at the time although I have 500BP now, so if I was founding a city I would have no slots essentially. I think this is just a glitch for me though but I haven't heard from the support team at all...starting to think there isn't one

I respect your opinion on this, and I was hesitant about doing a rock city at first when I saw there was no farm island slots available yet and BP still up for 4+ days, but it the positives outweigh the negatives here, at least for me. This is partly because I spent a little gold which helped accelerate my main city quite a bit, and regardless of rock or not I'm pretty much guaranteed to have 30+ academy etc and be fully mobilized by the time BP ends. That's where the value of rock city comes in. I'm not worried about using it for defensive reasons, or what enemy allies think of it for that matter, rather purely for more units and res to be able to earn more battle points and take more cities as soon as BP ends. This is why IMO it is worth because the 100s of BP the city should generate in just the first week should pay it off, not counting the res and troop values, if you understand what I mean? Like picture this scenario: I could have 1k Land Units and 100 Ships ready to go as soon as BP drops which are mixed ofc (OLU, DLU etc), but with rock city it allows me to specialize and instantly have even more support for sieges, or have more OLU nukes etc etc.

Tbh this is just my opinion and how I see it from a strategic perspective. I may be wrong, and if I am then I can learn from this but for me its a purely strategic reason not just "hey lets make a rock city for the fun of it" or "I wanna climb leaderboards with a useless city" and as I said a bit has changed since I last played grepo full time but I still do think its a not a bad choice.

DeletedUser48212

Lol float, no ways these guys stay a week after bp! Totally sinking! They have Joe and Goku, if we know anything it’s that they are MASSIVE noobs

Dang nick my man, absolutely legit post. I can only fully agree. A week after bp is too long, 2 days before BP ends is what will happen. See, even Beacon agrees to it, he knows whats up.

DeletedUser41523

1) Vengeance/Vengeance Academy- Credit to them for being the first team in probably 6 years to have academy in their name. They have one maybe two players that I recognize that are good. They should lose to fear hugs. Sadly for them, this is probably the first team in years where there won't be much to cherry pick from. SINK.

2) Hakuna Matata/Lions Guard/ Simba's Pride-
MRA. They're loosely spread across O44, O45, O54. Luckily for them, O44 looks to be the worst ocean. So they might have a chance. FLOAT.

3) Balkan Boyz-
Mixed bag alliance. Some good players, a lot of average but still useful players, and some bad players. Their core is the best in the world but their positioning is poor in my opinion. They'll be wedged between BWN and ThePlague. BWN is the main problem for them, ThePlague is more or less an inconvenience. FLOAT.

4) Triple H-
Two different cores. That's about all you need to know. SINK.

5) ThePlague-
Has to have been an up and down year and a half for this group. In 2018, they got destroyed by Bad With Names, then won Kastoria despite having teams like Masked Profanity and Just For Laughs in the world, then proceeded to go beyond "just golding" and get destroyed by Masked Profanity in Teos. What'll be interesting to see is them trying to get past Bad With Names again, in 107 they claimed that if it weren't for Good With Names and Llamas helping, they'd have beat Bad With Names. The good news is that they get the chance to prove that now. The bad news is that I don't see it making much a difference. The best news is that this problem is a whole ocean away. SWIM

6) Havoc-
They have westmel, that's about I see from them. They'll be food for Bad With Names. SINK.

7) Bad With Names-
They're a strong team and will likely only get stronger. Plain and simple, they will likely donkey dick everyone else in the server. I think that they are the clear #1 and the gap between them and #2 is pretty big. They have strong positioning as of right now with no major threats around them. Given the state of the world, I could see them holding all their opponents to single digits and potentially owning all four core oceans. SWIM.

8) Legion of Hades-
Decently cored and in O44. I'll give them a chance to see what they can do. FLOAT.

9) The Killers-
I hope they play Mr. Brightside before they go. SINK.

10) Free Hugs-
Honestly might be the third best team in the world. They have Patchus and at least a couple golders to keep them afloat. Their main competition would probably be ThePlague. This should be an okay fight to watch. SWIM.

11) Bazooka Bunnies-
I could see them doing okay in O54 I suppose. They have the best core in that ocean. SWIM.

12) Blood and Bones-
Also in O54 and decently cored. I'll wait and see. SWIM.

DeletedUser16429

Thanks. Now if you’ll excuse me I gotta go either watch Michigan State’s coach get fired or Michigan’s coach get fired.
My vote is Michigan State’s coach especially after Lewerke came back in last week with a concussion and they will lose today. Also BWN is not a threat! Everyone go get you some hugs while BWN loses to some Spartans

DeletedUser41523

My vote is Michigan State’s coach especially after Lewerke came back in last week with a concussion and they will lose today. Also BWN is not a threat! Everyone go get you some hugs while BWN loses to some Spartans

Yes agree on the MSU coach. But the hilarity of a has been Dantonio ending Jim Harbaugh would be worth having Dantonio for another year.

Or some veterans. Oceans veterans :p

DeletedUser51777

Here we go I guess, Only mentioning alliances that I think will have an impact on the world,

1) Vengence/Academy

MRA of the world and already has 88 players under their name and I'm still yet to find a noteworthy one. Poor core spread out between the few solid alliances in this world. They will be food for ThePlague, Bad with Name and possibly Free Hugs too. We won't be seeing this alliance later down the line.

SINK

2) ThePlague

One of the few solid alliances on the world. If Randall, their founder, can stop himself from getting rimmed that would be a big help to the alliance. Good core. They got wiped by BWN in 107, but I think this is a stronger TP and a weaker BWN from then. The first challenge for them will probably be Free Hugs and wiping out Vengence cities in their core. If Randall doesn't get rimmed like in 116 they should be around until the end of the server and fighting for the endgame.

SWIM

3) Hakuna Matata

They have a pretty similar situation to Vengence, with them already having 2 other wings. Again, poor core, won't be seeing them in a month.

SINK

4) Bad With Names

All be it slightly bias, my pick for the world. Personally they are slightly weaker than their previous group from 107 but still, the best group of players in the world with people like Goku, Check, and Dystopia there. Good core, with a few stragglers in O54. They should have their home ocean to themselves without any real challenges. If they fight TP then they probably have a good chance of rimming Randall, (would be nothing new for him). It should be a fairly easy road for them.

SWIM

5) Balkin Boyz

Half of this alliance doesn't run the app. Solid ish core, but should prioritize moving to the east to avoid BWN because if they do go up against them it will be a blowout. Still, if they move towards the weak stuff to the east then their few good players will carry the rest. But whenever they go up against TP or BWN they'll go down

FLOAT

Honorable Mentions

15) Double Trouble

Won't have any real impact on the world, but just mentionable because someone thought it would be a good idea to have wycked sister and Whiplady in the same alliance lmao. If they last a week beyond BP I'll be mightly impressed.

SINK

16) Free Hugs

In terms of actual players, they might actaully have the 3rd best roster on the world. The defining factor will be their fight with TP at the start. Have the ability to go toe to toe with them, will have to see if they can stop any bleed of cities to them and grab any Vengence cities around them. If they can do that they have a good shot of taking them on. My advice would be to rim Randall, from first-person perspective its not that hard.

FLOAT

Yossarian234

Strategos
Here we go I guess, Only mentioning alliances that I think will have an impact on the world,

1) Vengence/Academy

MRA of the world and already has 88 players under their name and I'm still yet to find a noteworthy one. Poor core spread out between the few solid alliances in this world. They will be food for ThePlague, Bad with Name and possibly Free Hugs too. We won't be seeing this alliance later down the line.

SINK

2) ThePlague

One of the few solid alliances on the world. If Randall, their founder, can stop himself from getting rimmed that would be a big help to the alliance. Good core. They got wiped by BWN in 107, but I think this is a stronger TP and a weaker BWN from then. The first challenge for them will probably be Free Hugs and wiping out Vengence cities in their core. If Randall doesn't get rimmed like in 116 they should be around until the end of the server and fighting for the endgame.

SWIM

3) Hakuna Matata

They have a pretty similar situation to Vengence, with them already having 2 other wings. Again, poor core, won't be seeing them in a month.

SINK

4) Bad With Names

All be it slightly bias, my pick for the world. Personally they are slightly weaker than their previous group from 107 but still, the best group of players in the world with people like Goku, Check, and Dystopia there. Good core, with a few stragglers in O54. They should have their home ocean to themselves without any real challenges. If they fight TP then they probably have a good chance of rimming Randall, (would be nothing new for him). It should be a fairly easy road for them.

SWIM

5) Balkin Boyz

Half of this alliance doesn't run the app. Solid ish core, but should prioritize moving to the east to avoid BWN because if they do go up against them it will be a blowout. Still, if they move towards the weak stuff to the east then their few good players will carry the rest. But whenever they go up against TP or BWN they'll go down

FLOAT

Honorable Mentions

15) Double Trouble

Won't have any real impact on the world, but just mentionable because someone thought it would be a good idea to have wycked sister and Whiplady in the same alliance lmao. If they last a week beyond BP I'll be mightly impressed.

SINK

16) Free Hugs

In terms of actual players, they might actaully have the 3rd best roster on the world. The defining factor will be their fight with TP at the start. Have the ability to go toe to toe with them, will have to see if they can stop any bleed of cities to them and grab any Vengence cities around them. If they can do that they have a good shot of taking them on. My advice would be to rim Randall, from first-person perspective its not that hard.

FLOAT
This is top 12 thread mate, not top 5

DeletedUser19607

he/she did say they was only mentioning the ones they think would have an impacts
Its better than no top 12 imo