Top 12 Top Alliances - Sink Or Swim

DeletedUser48250

At least they are putting up a fight and i commend them for that but they just cant fight back so many people and expect to come out of this on the winning end.

True i think it would be wise of them to start looking for a new alliance as you said they are putting up good fights but not good enough

DeletedUser36963

Balkans Express and APEX PREDATOR merged to make one alliance and an academy.

DeletedUser36963

It's been a while since the last top 12 so I've decided to give my two cents:

1. Breaking News-I really don't know much other than from the look of Oracle of Zancle, they seem to be breaking La Famiglia's back. They are top in attackers, defenders, and total bp and are in prime position to win the world with control over ocean 45 and some of 55. I hear they have great leadership and teamwork and an apparent affinity to bashing other players in game and on forum like Head Hunter and Rii, however I've heard of a few people with displeasure with the alliance. Swim

2/4. La Famiglia/La Camorra-As much as people don't like academies, I feel like this is one situation where it's appropriate. I see lots of internalizing, but that's not necessarily a problem when at this stage in the world lots of players leave due to health issues, busyness, or just wanting to leave. They were getting beat by BN for a little while, but they seem to be bouncing back. It will definitely a race to watch if they decide to do the WW. Swim

3. The Plague- My own alliance so I won't say anything other than Swim like Michael Phelps

5. RIP RabbidRabbit- This alliance based in North 54, 64, 53, and 63 seems to be a little bored to me since APEX PREDATOR disbanded. They have good abp coming in at rank 7 and total bp is also at rank 7 for their alliance and they have some good fighters, but it doesn't seem like they have much opposition. They have started founding all over the place to get closer to the action. Maybe a war with La Fam/La Cam or Black Death Goats would help? Swim

6. Jeff- Not much here to say other than they're an awesome group of fighters who stumbled a little when war broke out against Balkans Express, but are now teaching them the meaning of pain. I have a lot of respect for them and we will see what they decide to do in the future. Swim

7. Widow Makers- I literally know nothing about these guys other than the fact that Galib Abrar is in their alliance. They are taking cities from everyone it seems though.Float

8. Balkans Express- If you would've looked 2 days ago they were ranked number 5, but their points, like their players, are dropping like flies. They gave my alliance and Jeff a good fight at the beginning, but countless players have now left, gone vm, or been kicked after constant attacks. Sink

9. Veto- A newer alliance and with me only really knowing about stuff going on in ocean 54, I don't know anything about them other than they seem to be kicking the out of smaller alliances. But hey, everyone has to respect an alliance with small numbers. Float

10. CHARON- They seem to be making a rebound since the beginning of the world. It doesn't really seem like they're fighting anyone major though. Float

11. Black Death Goats- Don't know much about them, but who doesn't have fun on the rim? Float

12. Angels of Hell- Haven't heard much from them, but they seem to be a good group of players, just sandwiched betweem BN and La Fam, but have held their own this far.Float

Sorry, I got kinda lazy at the end, but hey, it's something haha

DeletedUser41937

thank you azide for the top 12.
I'm loving it

Ramshack, biggest simmer

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Can anyone put up a decent top 12 please. It has been quite a couple of days, and I've been out of action scenes. I prefer someone who actually knows whats going on in top 12

DeletedUser53366

Can anyone put up a decent top 12 please. It has been quite a couple of days, and I've been out of action scenes. I prefer someone who actually knows whats going on in top 12

Well here I am. My first...& last, not really much point in saying "sink or swim", but in order to preserve tradition, well, let's see:

1. Breaking News
Pre-made from what I can gather, many experienced players, with a committed leadership & strong work ethic. They've done very well against the alliances they've been at war with (more on that in a moment), but...also seem to have ALOT of pacts, which for me personally, isn't really my style, but it's served them well & if Breaking News win the server, we could say their diplomacy has been as effective as their ability to fight. Seem to me to be the most organised & most determined.
Oh &...great Skype room, excellent banter!
SWIMMING like a salmon downstream to victory for the Master award.

2. ThePlague.
Doing what alliances do to try & achieve victory through sheer numbers, merge, merge & oh...merge again, but not as bad as..well, more on them in a moment. By the look of their conquest stats, they seem to have some very convenient pacts, judging by the alliances around them, but seem to have done well against Sanctimonious.
My alliance (Red Backs) has faced off against them in a limited fashion due to our distance from them, I don't know for sure what their core players are like, although I do see some names that have been around for a while.

I can see they're staring to colonise in Breaking News ocean(s), well...at this late time with world wonders due to begin any day now, they really should've been thinking about such a move sooner, but my opinion is that their leadership is probably too chicken **** to want to lose their place in the rankings & risk losing a war through conquest & battle fatigue, but have decided at this late stage to maybe be more aggressive to try & ensure a crown of some kind, who knows what'll happen.
SINK probably when a couple of wonders get busted & players point fingers & ghost.

3/8 La Recruit-Mora.
Pfft...I've seen some MRA's in my time playing Grepolis, but NOTHING like these guys! Merge! Merge! Merge! They have simply survived by merging god knows who & keep swapping (for...whatever reason) between their 2 alliances (seems to be just one now due to shrinkage) & maintained X number of pacts with alliances around them...oh then merged them too, huddling together like sheep trying to stay warm.
Their attitude could be summed up like this: "Come on guys, lets throw another boxer in the ring! Our fight fighter is starting to tire against his opponent & we need to win anyway we can"

Their conquests stats against major alliances are miserable:
Breaking News: 496-68 (7-1 loss ratio)
ThePlague: 65-39 (not sure if they're at war, but looks like it)
Sanctimonious: 136-20 (7-1 loss ratio)
Red Backs: 59-2 (30-1 loss ratio !)

So how have the survived? Gobbling up small alliances, merging (lets not forget that) & taking inactives probably. From what I've seen from our war against them in #35/36, forming of old "Cereal Killer" members, their is no teamwork or for that matter...a spine. Our battle group in those oceans has been absolutely pasting them...just like everyone else has.

My one compliment: Strangechild, good player, been around a while, don't know whether he's the all action conquest machine I remember from Omega.
SINK...I hope. It would be a disgrace if they won the server.

4. Red Backs
I've been around for a while...& despite the fact this is my alliance, I can see with conviction...this is a solid alliance, with a well oiled conquest machine. True, it's been an alliance on the rim, but, you can only attack what's in front of you &...attack we certainly have. In the ocean where I'm based, the number of cities has more than doubled & we dominate in #56/36/36 & are expanding in #35 at the expense of La Recruit-Mora.

There is no doubt, Red Backs have benefited a lot from the pact with Breaking News, who knows how it would've been otherwise, but from what I understand, a fair number have played together before anyway, so was inevitable, things might've been different if I was founder however.
FLOAT, but not exactly to a server win.

5. Sanctimonious.
A few familiar names. What can I say? They've done a good job! I don't know what their plans are for the age of world wonders as to whether they'll be part of a supporting team to a larger alliance or whether they don't care, but from what I can see...they're 5th because they deserve to be.
Haven't done too well against ThePlague however, but they're surviving it seems.
FLOAT to what end...who knows? Comments Sanctimonious?

6. The Black Death
All I can say here is that a large number of them merged into ThePlague until the alliance-cap wouldn't let anymore in, just so they could try & get a reward. Not really my style.
A lot of inactivity going on there, only the core at the top is keeping them going. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fighting happening, probably a support team for ThePlague in the world wonder race.
SINK...once the Master award is won by someone, many here will drop off.

7. *TZOPANOI*
A bit of a strange alliance this one, once upon a time, a number of these were Jeff members who were obliterating Balkan Express, suddenly, some broke off from Jeff, creating a new alliance, with the Balkans merging into them & so...war ensued.
Got some good players, I don't know where they sit in terms of the wonder race.
FLOAT...until master award, in which only the top 8 will probably stick around.

9. Jeff
Some of these players are among the best on the server. I fought against some of them in Athens. Top players, all just here together to have fun, don't care about awards at all, as they've won them already.
The problem with alliances like this: they've seen & done it all before & players lose interest. But...there is no doubting their ability.
The one disappointment? The fact they have any pacts at all considering they're just here to enjoy themselves. Breaking News may not be as comfortable as they are in their eastern territory, but that of course is up to them.
FLOAT all the way to the closing of the server.

10. The Core
From my alliance (Red Backs), these guys have been an excellent source of battle points & conquests & have often been nice big point cities, so from the bottom of our hearts over here at the Red Backs...Thank you!
Getting crushed by ThePlague...nothing much else to say about the.
SINK...not that there were ever really floating, in the top.10 simple because others merged, no other reason than that.

11. Kamikaze
Seem to have been unfortunate with players leaving, seeking glory elsewhere. Average alliance, nothing much to say about them.
SINK...simply waiting for it all to end.

12. ARMA NERO-QUE
Well, losing 306 cities to the Red Backs tells you all you need to know. To their credit, they don't give up, but they just don't have the players to make much of a difference. Might have done better, but sharing oceans with an alliance as aggressive as the Red Backs was never going to turn out well.
SINK...though have been floating in shark invested waters for a long time.

Special mention: Stubborn Rebel
Low ranked, but don't let that fool you. plenty of fight in them & well led, with some experienced players. Have been fortunate to take 13 cities from the Red Backs from an inactive player who disappeared with uncertainty, but...they saw an advantage & took it. I like em, they give it a good go & if they'd been here from the start, they'd be top.6 by now.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Breaking News
also seem to have ALOT of pacts,

not a lot, i disagree with this.
Besides, alliance BP rankings should confirm we were never hiding behind pacts and simming along the server

7snX7tw.png

1. Breaking News

Oh &...great Skype room, excellent banter!

LOL. Adam, BN Ladies miss you ahahah. Come back.

Special mention: Stubborn Rebel
Low ranked, but don't let that fool you. plenty of fight in them & well led, with some experienced players. Have been fortunate to take 13 cities from the Red Backs from an inactive player who disappeared with uncertainty, but...they saw an advantage & took it. I like em, they give it a good go & if they'd been here from the start, they'd be top.6 by now.

:) Kingslayer was my first leader in Grepolis. Stacey is a war machine indeed, also from my first alliance.
They kept Rebels name and carry on the flag - this deserves some credits.

Here they do their own thing, but these guys love grepolis for sure. Old fashioned game - no pacts, no merges, no gold, no simmers. I still remember Slayers weekly BP ranks and kickouts. No participation = OUT.

DeletedUser53366

not a lot, i disagree with this.
Besides, alliance BP rankings should confirm we were never hiding behind pacts and simming along the server

Don't recall saying you sim darling, your BP rank speaks for itself. Maybe "pacts", isn't the right term, "relationships" would be, as there is no disputing what grepostats says in terms of conquests, in comparison to the map, where you have XYZ on your borders & no swathe of conquests to show there is conflict, as there clearly was/is with Angel's of Hell, Joe's Chill Club & La-Recruit-Mora.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just calling it as I see it. It's not taking away any of your accomplishments, you've been #1 for ages, lead BP ranks & to the best of my knowledge, haven't done major numerous merges like ThePlague (to a lesser extent) & La-Recruit-Mora.

LOL. Adam, BN Ladies miss you ahahah. Come back.
I've met women trapped on desert islands less evil than you girls & for a man so pure & as innocent as me & I can only take so many cold showers before I shrivel up like a prune!

Here they do their own thing, but these guys love grepolis for sure. Old fashioned game - no pacts, no merges, no gold, no simmers. I still remember Slayers weekly BP ranks and kickouts. No participation = OUT.
eh-um...no pact? Or not just not an "official" one?

Nah, I like them, shame they weren't founded in #56 as for the Red Backs, we've no real interest in #66, so there'd be a real tussle, but so far, we've shown that we're more than a match for them, stats in this case don't tell the whole story. I was attempting a takeover the other day...a rubbish attempt to be honest, I was half-asleep, missed timing on 2 LS nukes & couldn't send them, plus about 5 different land attacks & the anti-timer was terrible to me. But what I liked was how quickly the Rebels responded & protected their team mate, it was almost a shame that once my CS failed, a CS landed straight in another city for the same player, so all their good work went to waste.

I like the BP ranks idea...very good.

Hey all you other alliances, is Vazgel gonna be the only one to respond?