Total War Overview

DeletedUser

We have never taken a comprehensive look at the history of the war, from the parties who still exist today. This is not alliance v. alliance. This is Side v. Side. It is an interesting data set. I hope you guys enjoy my total boredom.

Alliances I consider active in this war:

Side 1
Ionian Legions
Ionian War Academy
Initiates of Ares
Disciples of Ares
The Black Huns
Ravens
(let me know if I missed anyone)

Side 2
Eaters of the Dead
Chaotic Eaters
Harbingers
Omen

Side 1 Losses
Ionian Legions - EotD/8 CE/0 Harb/1 Omen/1
Ionian War Academy - EotD/2 CE/3 Harb/7 Omen/2
Initiates of Ares - EotD/9 CE/2 Harb/7 Omen/0
Disciples of Ares - EotD/21 CE/0 Harb/6 Omen/0
The Black Huns - EotD/80 CE/2 Harb/159 Omen/1
Ravens - EotD/0 CE/0 Harb/1 Omen/1

Side 1 Gains
TBH - 351 RAVEN - 3 DOA - 121 IoA - 48 IL - 13 IWA - 4
Total gains - 450

Side 2 Losses
Eaters of the Dead - TBH/219 Ravens/1 DoA/36 IoA/14 IL/4 IWA/0
Chaotic Eaters - TBH/52 Ravens/2 DoA/10 IoA/27 IL/9 IWA/4
Harbingers - TBH/73 Ravens/0 DoA/74 IoA/7 IL/0 IWA/0
Omen - TBH/7 Ravens/0 DoA/1 IoA/0 IL/0 IWA/0

Side 2 Gains
EotD - 80 CE - 6 HARB - 181 OMEN - 5
Total Gains - 272

Total is 450 to 272 - 65% more conquers have done done on side1

Analysis of Players v. Conquers -
Side 1 - 563 players - 104,039,954 points - 38,057,821 ABP - 26,369,572 DBP - 9,841 villages
side 2 - 501 players - 66,757,420 points - 15,009,704 ABP - 11,494,939 DBP - 6,421 villages
The average side1 player has 184,795 points, 67,598 ABP, 46,837 DBP and 17.5 villages
The average side2 player has 133,248 points, 29,959ABP, 22,943 DBP and 12.8 villages

Which means the average side 1 player has 38% more points, 125% more ABP, 104% more DBP and 37% more villages.
Meaning, on average - taking these 4 key data points on hand - the average side1 player is 61% larger than the average side2 player.

The average player on side 1 is 61% larger than the average player on side 2 and side one has taken 65% more cities. That seems about right to me. Of course that is making the assumption all players are average and built the same. Of which we know not to be true. But such is a limitation of data of reality.

Based on the data sets - I would say everyone is fighting VERY hard and working their best. Side 1 has an advantage, largely it is their size. Which accounts for the increased city turn overs.

And before I get flamed to death - please be aware - this is solely data. This has nothing to do with reality. I am sure everyone in the world thinks they are doing better than everyone else in the world - and I am sure they are. But, as I said - that is the limitation of data. Using the data on hand, I did the best I could.

DeletedUser15049

You forgot the likes of God Kings. Or Scorpion Cataphracts. Or Spartan Elite/ SME. LoC. FS. Band of Misfits.

No longer here but typical of the whiner-logical rewrite. Adding them to it gives it more of a wider context...provides a fuller picture.

I'd also say considering you have a Pact/NAP with Onion Legions it sort of calls into question the claims here of 'total war sides'. I'd also add the fact you are feeding diplomatic conversations to Onion Legions and Ares and have been for some time as calling the whole claim of 'total war' and 'sides' into question.

It really is just about the Huns and Harbs in the South and EotD getting their butts kicked in 34 in relation to your idea of this total war BS.

Ares v Kittens in the North East too it seems. Or so I was told.

OTC v Onion Legions and Ares in the north central. Which is more of the same for the OTC. We've been at war now for over a year in the north so nothing new there. Onions can say the same I guess.

There is your grand war in a nutshell really.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3288

dont forget imperial magnus... i cleared them from 46 taking about 20 cities from them, and others took lots more.

DeletedUser

Interesting overview. If I was to offer a balanced critique (knowing full well it's far too complicated) I would also be inclined to listed alliances removed, regardless of the reason. I tend to look at a macro level plus it's funny.

On Ares/HUNs side
Black

On LoC/EotD side
LoC - Legion of Chaos
SE - Spartan Elite (there was another alliance from O26 that merged with SE, I forget their name)
IM - Imperium Magnus
BoM - Band of Misfits (although this is debatable)

There are others but they were separate wars (TFP) or relatively minor alliances (LoW - Legion of Warriors, FS - Final Sovereignty

DeletedUser

Dannie is right twice, HUNs chased IM out of O46 and it's not really relevant to this thread. The majority went to Dannie as he rebuilt that account (based on former IM towns) on his way west.

jack116798

Phrourach
I like the stats , well done . we all played a part in pushing IM out & I know I had to fight hard for the 5 I took early on .But it was a team effort .

DeletedUser3288

I like the stats , well done . we all played a part in pushing IM out & I know I had to fight hard for the 5 I took early on .But it was a team effort .

You will never see me say no1 else helped, i was just pointing out that there was at least 20 enemy cities missing that i knew i took while i was battering NKH and the other dude that i think has quit now that were 2 biggest players in 46 when i arrived.

DeletedUser

You will never see me say no1 else helped, i was just pointing out that there was at least 20 enemy cities missing that i knew i took while i was battering NKH and the other dude that i think has quit now that were 2 biggest players in 46 when i arrived.

Danie, it was NKH and Lucas hope. these where the 2 top guys that you and alot of huns in OC 46 pushed out AS I pushed them out of oc 36 as well with help of several other huns till Lucas hope quit. I think we left him with 6 cities if that all under 2000 pts.

DeletedUser

I am shocked to learn nothing is good enough! People are flaming?! WOW! Shocking! Absolutely shocking.

I did not add the old alliances as it is VIRTUALLY impossible to do.

I tell you what guys, why not go try to find that data?

Also, try to go find the data on ghost cities?

Best of luck to you on that.

Interesting overview. If I was to offer a balanced critique (knowing full well it's far too complicated) I would also be inclined to listed alliances removed, regardless of the reason. I tend to look at a macro level plus it's funny.

On Ares/HUNs side
Black

On LoC/EotD side
LoC - Legion of Chaos
SE - Spartan Elite (there was another alliance from O26 that merged with SE, I forget their name)
IM - Imperium Magnus
BoM - Band of Misfits (although this is debatable)

There are others but they were separate wars (TFP) or relatively minor alliances (LoW - Legion of Warriors, FS - Final Sovereignty

Thank you badnight, instead of trying to be right - you took a minute to look at the data.

Going through I can probably add Black / LoC / SME (Marauders were o26 that merged) / IM - BoM was never actually on our side, until after they spilt. So I find it hard to add them. You also have issues of OTC changing sides, etc. That can't easily be accounted for. Dune's comments show ignorance in this level. If Ares are fighting Kitten Smashers, that is a solo campaign. Until all parties on that side join into the war, they are not a member of the other side. I was going to add a Side 3 (OTC and her allies) but the data has a massive skew considering the newness of the current OTC. And unknown relationships between OTC and TBH and other alliances. Only those with currently understood, and known political ties were added. Adding Kitten Smashers is difficult as they are listed as allies with TBH and EotD. I have no idea which side of the war to add them. And perhaps, they have no idea either. Last I heard DoA is not actively engaged with KS as dune claims, but rather the relatively new offshoot named The Borg are.

The data is complicated as alliances like LoC are older than EotD. Alliances like Harbingers are relatively new. Whereas alliances like DoA and TBH are very old in comparison. So it leads to an issue. The BP levels are massively skewed.

Going back and adding old alliances - we could add NaTaRaJa and several others. But that is exhausting and unhelpful.

Instead, I tried to focus on the current alliances participating in the war. If anyone wants to go through grepo stats and add all the other alliances on each level (minus TFP and her allies) I would be happy to to do the work on that data.

And if anyone thinks I am trying to skew the data, look at the data for EotD. There is no pride in my heart for that one. But I am trying to sit down, and actually look at both sides of the war.

As I discussed, I assumed each player, on each side, has the same amount of skill. We know that is not true. But with that assumption, I looked at the data. If anyone can look at it anyone way, let me know!

Oh and all these conversations on who did what, and when. Pointless and irrelavent. Last I checked you are a member of an alliance. Alliance's work together. ALONE no one could conquer cities and such. When eldermage goes for a city, 4 other people help. A member of an alliance is just that, a member and rarely, if ever, does anything totally alone. Full stop.

DeletedUser

Nwhiner,

I will say that you spent alot of time calculating all these numbers to form some type of Data. It looks nice but at the end of the day its just Numbers. There is more to all these numbers you are posting. It goes to both sides.

There is an X factor which can not be equated. How many of these conquest was done to active/non-active players. Also how many New cities were built by colonization for strategy purpose. That's the X factor that can not be calculated unless you know the full history of these alliances.

Again alot of work to a meaningless data.

DeletedUser3288

Nwhiner,

I will say that you spent alot of time calculating all these numbers to form some type of Data. It looks nice but at the end of the day its just Numbers. There is more to all these numbers you are posting. It goes to both sides.

There is an X factor which can not be equated. How many of these conquest was done to active/non-active players. Also how many New cities were built by colonization for strategy purpose. That's the X factor that can not be calculated unless you know the full history of these alliances.

Again alot of work to a meaningless data.

colonies are probs pretty even now, back in day we started loads to get into 34. now eotd are spamming them across 34 35 border to stop us.

DeletedUser

Girlyboy1313,

They may be meaningless to you - but not to others. Since you do not play the game any more, I highly expect them not to matter to you. You just wanted to sit around listening to Bruce Springsteen "Glory Days", but admittedly is a great song.

Continue discussing what you used to do - and not what you currently do.

-nwhiner

Daniejam,

Again, you criticize the same tactics you used in the past. You guys gained your foothold in o34 through colonies. But you complain when someone does the same to you - which seems like a farce to me. BTW, take a look at your player Dingy - CCCP1, CCCP2, CCCP3, CCCP4. You guys are doing the same thing (still) to counteract us. An island complete controlled by EotD, now has 4 new little colonies with the TBH flag.

-Nwinder

DeletedUser

Hey Nwhiner,

You keep on saying that sparky is all about points, True, But yet all you do all day long is look at numbers and never see what the numbers really mean. Waste your time and keep playing the numbers game. You never look deeper than the outer shell of anything. what a shame.

As for Danie, Yes I know why it was started, Its part of the game when used wisely, like the way you guys did, then that should be put into the equation. When starting a colony because someone cant conquer then thats a waste.

DeletedUser

Hey Gullible1313,

When did I say sparky was all about points? I think that was philney. But I understand, the two of us are so handsome and beautiful - and let's be honest, brilliant fighters - it is easy to confuse us.

-nwhiner (sic) [p.s. that doesn't mean SiCotic]

DeletedUser

Hey Gullible1313,

When did I say sparky was all about points? I think that was philney. But I understand, the two of us are so handsome and beautiful - and let's be honest, brilliant fighters - it is easy to confuse us.

-nwhiner (sic) [p.s. that doesn't mean SiCotic]

You are really funny.
You handsome? You look like Gossamer.
AS for brilliant fighter? I guess Not. A noob I will say. You talk the talk but if you look at the stats, you run away from the front lines and keep high tailing it westward. Your front is toward the east. If you dont know your directions Ill send you a compass. At least Philney has several cities in ocean 46. At least he has a set.

DeletedUser15049

gullible1313?? Coining nicknames is not your specialty.

He has never seen a frontline yet.

BN

Nice trick but I'd like to see every Hun player in ocean 33, 34, 44, 43, 42, 53 say the OTC were not part of the war. We turned it from 120 SME cities supporting EotD (plus others) to no support for eotd. We fought and won a war against Scorpion Cataphracts. We shut down every anti in the north that was up front about it.

Ocean 34 is now firmly Hun. Ask those guys if the OTC had nothing to do with it.

Never mind the fact though huh?

DeletedUser15049

Btw...all Noobs in that locale IMHO. Never seen a tight attack other than rayzor mayu et al in the north. The rest had it pretty easy that way. Lets be blunt. Greco...ever faced 22 hits on the second? I bet not. I had that every other day until people gave up. They all said I got Hun help but that was not so.

My tuppence worth? Whiny is a Noob. You all give him too much credit. But then again..you all self indulge really. As I see it..all total Noobs down that way. All had it very easy. People will make noise and protest. Point to easy gains as we draw it in...

Thing is...most of Delta (in terms of quality on the second type players) will agree. Snails and 50 LS attacks etc is my experience of most of the so called legends. 17 minuts between landings etc. I'd have to give a city to lose one with that coming at me...

Go figure.