Total War Overview

DeletedUser15049

Whiny

No ignorance. Just saying it as it is. As far as BoM go...those guys were fighting Hun and Ares when you were just some diplo type bullying the likes of FS in the West.

DeletedUser14362

you forgot scorpians and OTC ( OTC should be there own side)

DeletedUser

With respect Dune all I listed where alliances that fell by the wayside based on the primary alliances on each side. I think it's fair to say that the main players on both sides based loosely on the original 'Call to Arms' thread were -
DoA/Huns vs LoC/Eotd

The fact of the matter is that I would now amend the primary alliances to -
DoA/Huns vs Eotd/Harbs

This is not to say that others have not been involved or are currently involved but if I was to try and list every allaince that has ever taken part in any way I would tie myself in knots.

Note - I didn't include IoA because at the start we were essentially a bit part player.

DeletedUser15049

I am sorry BN but when Ares are going to EotD to then come back to take out an ally - or so nwinder is claiming - then that distinction is dubious.

DeletedUser

Nice work on the stats Nick,

Yeah they don't tell the full story very well as everyone on here has pointed out, but they're certainly a very interesting read and impossible to quantify fully.

I don't know much of the history of Delta, so excuse my ignorance. But, I thought we could also look at the war in terms of real gains. It seems to me The Huns gained O36 from LoC, then lost it Harbs, so while that balances the books, the following O46 offensive from the Harbs I feel turns that into a gain for the Anti-Huns.

The O36 ocean gain for the Harbs was more influential for the Anti-Hun campaign than the O36 ocean gain for the Huns as the Huns were not able to build on it like the Harbs were. O46 is now a seriously contested ocean with the momentum in Harbs favour.

Up north, I do remember a big SME contingent in O44/O43 I think. OTC seems to have handily dealt with them, so that could be seen as a real gain for the Hun campaign, although admittedly I know nothing of OTC's diplomacy.

As for O34, I don't remember it originally, but for the past lot of months EoTD have held on to around the 300 city mark. So while the Huns are certainly CQing the more cities, the ocean could maybe, maybe (don't flame me for this) be called a stalemate.

It's hard to justify some other gains, for instance, the loss of Oriansport returned O15 to EoTD, however, O15 was SG-E prior to that. So if we were to include that as any form of gain, we would have to include the oceans the Huns gained from the Black merger.

But like I said, my knowledge of the world's history etc is hazy. What other big gains have either side had here or there?

Let's try to keep this objective and look at it as an outsider looking in.

DeletedUser

Nice work on the stats Nick,

I don't know much of the history of Delta, so excuse my ignorance. But, I thought we could also look at the war in terms of real gains. It seems to me The Huns gained O36 from LoC, then lost it Harbs, so while that balances the books, the following O46 offensive from the Harbs I feel turns that into a gain for the Anti-Huns.

The O36 ocean gain for the Harbs was more influential for the Anti-Hun campaign than the O36 ocean gain for the Huns as the Huns were not able to build on it like the Harbs were. O46 is now a seriously contested ocean with the momentum in Harbs favour.

Sorry Bawbeg,

OC 36 was never under the control of of LoC. I basically controlled Oc 36 with my friends. Nwhiner can keep on saying what he wants but BN explained it better. Once I deleted my account, Many of my Huns friends quit or went silent. That opened the door for the harbs to walk right in and gobble many cities and take control of oc 36. Not EotD, as for Southern 46, those were many of my friends that quit and again open the door for the harbs to walk right in. It wasnt anything that the harbs did or what eotd did. Its what I did to open up that flank to the Huns enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry Bagweg,

OC 36 was never under the control of of LoC. I basically controlled Oc 36 with my friends. Nwhiner can keep on saying what he wants but BN explained it better. Once I deleted my account, Many of my Huns friends quit or went silent. That opened the door for the harbs to walk right in and gobble many cities and take control of oc 36. Not EotD, as for Southern 46, those were many of my friends that quit and again open the door for the harbs to walk right in. It wasnt anything that the harbs did or what eotd did. Its what I did to open up that flank to the Huns enemies.

Oh yeah I agree that the recent change of hands is due a lot to you going ghost and the other 4 big Huns there joining Harbs. But regardless, that is a real gain for their campaign. And the Harbs strength in O46 is growing day by day, it was only a month ago I think the Harbs had 70 odd cities, now it's up to over 100.

As for the history, like I said I'm not 100% sure of it. But my post is just about analyzing the tides and turns of the war, see who's gaining what and where etc.

DeletedUser

Hey bawbeg, No disrepect was intended. Alot of things Nwhiner states about history of the game is from his own imagination. When it comes to Ocean 36 history I knew it and created most of it. There is alot more about OC 36 which many people dont know.

DeletedUser

no disrespect intended.....but greco, go get a clue, come back and make public forumposts in a week or so....Nwinders posts are being misconbobulated from the day he left EOTD, and since he has returned....Very different POVS from many sides change steadily right now.

DeletedUser

Hey bawbeg, No disrepect was intended. Alot of things Nwhiner states about history of the game is from his own imagination. When it comes to Ocean 36 history I knew it and created most of it. There is alot more about OC 36 which many people dont know.

Pretty much spoken from Girlco's imagination. Was Jsouthern always with you?

Oh wait...I forgot. You started the jsouthern account so you could "control" (I mean lose) o36.

He may well have joined you mate, but that's not where he came from. how many of LoC ghosts did you want in o36? How many did you ask us for when you were still on our side? How many people did you lie to get your way?

You are so far up your own butt you don't know up from down.

You allow others to do the fighting for you and take zero part in anything that could involve an actual combat or fighting. Instead of coming back after a five day ban - you deleted your account.

Your credibility is about as reasonable of the credibility of a cat not wanting to play with a mouse.

DeletedUser

Why are you so much hung up on history, and trying to re write it.
As for Jsouthern, YES no one has denied that he started in LoC, I never said he didnt.
I saw a young player with A high drive and great skills and I befriended him. I assisted in his growth at the same time building a good strong solid bond. WE both taught each other and we grew together. When He needed assitance he ask i helped. when he ask for assistance he got none and all he got was cries from loC, please help me...So stop with your whining about Jsouthern.

AS for me, I probably took more cities from Loc/eotd down here in the south. and I sure cleared alot more than I have taken. I dont know how many cities i assisted in clearing for my friends.

DeletedUser

not to forget all the BP he earned from my support cities.

your welcome

DeletedUser15049

Whiny...just noticed this:

You also have issues of OTC changing sides, etc. That can't easily be accounted for.

The OTC were fighting Huns and Ares when you chumps were all twiddling your thumbs and dreaming up ways to bully small alliances in the West. We found ourselves holding a NAP because the others insisted on treating us as they had every other alliance they came across. As sheep. You should know. You sat here and blamed Vigoran for it often enough.

We then found ourselves allied to Huns and Ares as we faced a number of hostile alliances to our north who bought into the myths put out by those who squeal 'propoganda' [sic] as they mouth fables and rewrite histories. History repeats itself however and once more we find ourselves fighting other alliances who bought into their own superman myths and ignored what 'lesser' alliances were telling them.

You don't like me whiny because I see right through you. Always did. Since you acted the big shot in LoC as you bullied the remnant of War Path/Pure Carnage and others in FS and elsewhere. In fact it is one long trail of wrecked alliances and hopes. Kids used to stack your cities as you all strut around playing the big shot.

You want to talk histories. Any time. We were here before you, your various alliances, and will be here when you are dust. Even if there are only one of us left. There will be an OTC here as long as this server lasts.