Totl Bashing

• Thread starter DeletedUser47438
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Turtle

edit: to not make my 6 letter reply to your massive page long post seem like spam, i wanted to point out that TOTL have cities in 16 oceans.

That makes you silly, bad at recruitment and a MRA.

MRA? With an alliance cap of 40????!!!!!??? :rolleyes:
Spare me, lol

Play somewhere like Farsala; with an alliance cap of 250 - now there's a place to have a real MRA. Calling an alliance of 40 an MRA is just a joke :D - and not a very good one either!

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
MRA? With an alliance cap of 40????!!!!!??? :rolleyes:
Spare me, lol

Play somewhere like Farsala; with an alliance cap of 250 - now there's a place to have a real MRA. Calling an alliance of 40 an MRA is just a joke :D - and not a very good one either!

Oooh someone's upset Tuppence! Quick, avoid the externals at all costs lol! :p

Go back to several years ago and look at the alliance caps on the first generation worlds, some of them didn't even have caps and back in those days the worlds were a lot more filled up than they are now. One or two MRA could easily have a 1000 members.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I rest my case lol. An alliance of 40 can hardly be called an MRA :D

DeletedUser

i remove your case... MRA is defined by alliance policy not size.

DeletedUser

With a small alliance cap it's the amount of pacts; ergo sum if TOTL are not able to mass recruit they must be making pacts wholesale. So if they are doing that, then more properly they need to be called a Mass Pacting Alliance. And not all alliances called TOTL on Olynthus are linked to the one run by Dwarfthis.

DeletedUser38465

i remove your case... MRA is defined by alliance policy not size.

On world eubea the cap is 75 players for example. There have been mass coalitions from the get go, unlike most worlds with smaller caps. Currently now there are two huge blobs covering most of the map with about 2-3 alliances in each coalition.

The idea of a 40 player cap or small caped worlds is lots of different alliances duking it out for the win, not huge coalitions dictating things due to the sheer size of a coalition. Were fighting both of the coalitions currently(while they are allied :p). I've never understood it though, because in the end its only one alliance that is going to win the world.

Just giving my opinion here.

DeletedUser

Winning the world and winning crowns can be two separate issues. I am on a world on the US server - we helped an ally win the world, and now they are helping us win crowns. It does not bother me about a crown - I have one on the EN server. I would have preferred to have won the world instead.

DeletedUser

Oooh someone's upset Penny! Quick, avoid the externals at all costs lol! :p

Go back to several years ago and look at the alliance caps on the first generation worlds, some of them didn't even have caps and back in those days the worlds were a lot more filled up than they are now. One or two MRA could easily have a 1000 members.

I remember Hogs of Destiny in En1

Felt sorry for them, everyone went for them due to there numbers being so high, there leader I thought did well to control his team for so long but he got slated!

DeletedUser28898

With a small alliance cap it's the amount of pacts; ergo sum if TOTL are not able to mass recruit they must be making pacts wholesale. So if they are doing that, then more properly they need to be called a Mass Pacting Alliance. And not all alliances called TOTL on Olynthus are linked to the one run by Dwarfthis.

Actually, we're not making pacts wholesale. That seems to be what everyone else is doing. Crimson's got 4 alliances, and they're working with Angels and Demons, A&D II, Four Horsemen I,II,III, and IV, and Athenian Lords all to fight TOTL. I know they've contacted several others about a pact as well. That's wholesale pacting.

We've only got two pacts that are not actually part of the TOTL group. As far as MRA, we don't recruit. Players and alliances come to us. Sometimes we turn them down, sometimes we negotiate taking in a certain part of the group, knowing they won't all make it.

DeletedUser28898

Winning the world and winning crowns can be two separate issues. I am on a world on the US server - we helped an ally win the world, and now they are helping us win crowns. It does not bother me about a crown - I have one on the EN server. I would have preferred to have won the world instead.

I agree with you, Tuppence. Won the world and got the crown in en World Corinth, won the world in .us World Alpha. Didn't stay around for the crown. Winning the world is my preference as well.

DeletedUser

Actually, we're not making pacts wholesale. That seems to be what everyone else is doing. Crimson's got 4 alliances, and they're working with Angels and Demons, A&D II, Four Horsemen I,II,III, and IV, and Athenian Lords all to fight TOTL. I know they've contacted several others about a pact as well. That's wholesale pacting.

We've only got two pacts that are not actually part of the TOTL group. As far as MRA, we don't recruit. Players and alliances come to us. Sometimes we turn them down, sometimes we negotiate taking in a certain part of the group, knowing they won't all make it.

I phrased it badly; I know TOTL are not an MRA - I should have made it clearer that small cap worlds the equivalent to an MRA is the MPA - and TOTL are not in either category.