Totl Bashing

• Thread starter DeletedUser47438
  • Start date

DeletedUser47438

Figured since the Sink or swim thread is filled with Totl Bashing. I would start a new thread Just for that purpose. Maybe allow people to focus more on the topic at hand in the Sink or Swim Thread. So here you go guys/ladies have at it.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Hmmm... It would of been better to have a PnP, just something more constructive.

I will allow this thread to be open as long as there is no profanity or personal insults. Have fun.

DeletedUser

Hmmm... It would of been better to have a PnP, just something more constructive.

I will allow this thread to be open as long as there is no profanity or personal insults. Have fun.

Funny to see you say this instead of being on the other end of it.

DeletedUser42956

plopping back in my seat with a stare; what you all get popcorn and not going to share or what, as for totl bashing? really I guess the little guys on the street need someone to pick on these days.

It reminds me of the ice cream song

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42956

It was eddie murphy for crying out loud LOL

movies kids see today are worse than that Ice Cream Song he does.

DeletedUser

54184885.jpg

DeletedUser

I get the feeling people say they are a MRA because whilst all 3 are in the top 10 in points only 1 of the 3 are in the top 10 for abp. Surprised nobody has mentioned this. The word turtle comes to mind....

DeletedUser

I get the feeling people say they are a MRA because whilst all 3 are in the top 10 in points only 1 of the 3 are in the top 10 for abp. Surprised nobody has mentioned this. The word turtle comes to mind....
bp doesnt carry over when people change alliances :p.. but they are still an mra.. 40 players is enough the rest are targets..

DeletedUser42956

How does the word "Turtle" come to mind when we're in 9 or is that 10 different oceans? a turtle stays in one ocean and compacts city after city on an island till there is no room left on that island, one of the down falls Grepo made when it came to these monuments as before we didnt have them, it was a full out war where you was all over the place and instead of 1200 cities per an ocean, you had half that and less attrition when it came to players leaving a world like they do now.

It's funny how an alliance who turtles gets a few of their islands broken and rooted out all of a sudden quit and go play another world. Why? because if they cannt turtle up for an island to build a monument on they think its the end of the world for them instead of regrouping and trying to fight back or re-establish themself.

A good alliance consist of three key factors
1. leadership
2. quality of players who can adapt and fight in multiple oceans and are not worried about that dust collector called a crown but can sacrifice their playing within a world for a player who doesnt have one for the greater good of an alliance.
3. Players who can work together when it comes crunch time within getting the monuments built.

Whats sad within the way grepo went about the monuments is it only takes four to win the world. Within the course of grepo since they installed the monuments into they system of play, there has been a lot of alliance win the world but not the crown for you have to have all 7 monuments to get that crown. That's where you have players who stick around after that win is accomplished and as a world dies off and players leave root around picking up inactive cities or ghost to come up with the stats they do and end up right at the very end as no one cares anymore building that last monument to get that so called glorified dust collector to have on their profile.

So you have 3 objectives you strive for which most only care for 1 these days.

1. being the dominate alliance in the world you are in, meaning instead of being a turtle, being aggressive enough to spread out over vast oceans and wages the wars which makes it interesting instead of sim building islands in a mass cluster, which if anyone knows anything about it, starves out growth,expansion, recruitment and is one of the major reasons players quit. Why do they quit? you get hulled up into the core of that turtle and cann't expand and just sit there twiddling your thumbs instead of going out and planting a city to keep growing.
2. building 4 monuments for the win of the world and then sticking it out once that is done.
3. getting all 7 monuments for that crown.

Now when it comes to ABP/DBP stats that is simple.

If you cann't get DBP within playing grepo, there is something majorly wrong within it for it is out there to be had day in day out and is one of the key ways to expand within cities and the easiest way. It's not all about ABP.

DeletedUser

Turtle

edit: to not make my 6 letter reply to your massive page long post seem like spam, i wanted to point out that TOTL have cities in 16 oceans.

That makes you silly, bad at recruitment and a MRA.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42956

Turtle

edit: to not make my 6 letter reply to your massive page long post seem like spam, i wanted to point out that TOTL have cities in 16 oceans.

That makes you silly, bad at recruitment and a MRA.

Nope that is old school play from a time past that is hardly done anymore because players today have no clue how to actually fight a war as they rather sit on their little compacted island and cry when they get rooted off it and when that player who is spread out is getting fed dbp to just keep expanding because your compacted alliance is trying to get them out within the midst of them.

DeletedUser

Nope that is old school play from a time past that is hardly done anymore because players today have no clue how to actually fight a war as they rather sit on their little compacted island and cry when they get rooted off it and when that player who is spread out is getting fed dbp to just keep expanding because your compacted alliance is trying to get them out within the midst of them.

Played in Gamma... The only top alliance i can think of that where in more than 16 oceans was called Titan.. They where an MRA, they fell.

The top alliance spread through oceans one at a time so there lines where not thinned, they where able to fight many by being sensible in what they did.

DeletedUser

Played in Gamma... The only top alliance i can think of that where in more than 16 oceans was called Titan.. They where an MRA, they fell.

The top alliance spread through oceans one at a time so there lines where not thinned, they where able to fight many by being sensible in what they did.

Unfortunately this is not entirely the case. Gamma is a... special case... that shouldn't be used to compare against other worlds.

DeletedUser42956

Guess you all don't remember Legions from world Chi then :)

DeletedUser

Don't recognise them from either o.o but that was a while ago!