Proposal Trade Routes

Polom Cali

Peltast
There should be trade routes between a player's own islands. This could be easily done by adding a new ship "Trade Ship" which can transport stone, silver and wood to and from cities. This way, a player can have a main city and farming cities which from these farming cities the main polis can get many resources to upgrade. The Trade Ships can be researched through the academy in the later levels so it wont create an over powered featured.
Cities would be limited to one trade ship (maybe more with advisors) per city but can have several trade routes. The trade route interface can be accessed from the marketplace through a new tab. Of course the trade ships would have a limited inventory and this would be a percentage of the lowest warehouse capacity.
The trade routes would have an automatic load up system which a player can set for example:
"Load 100 wood and drop 400 silver at City A, and drop 100 wood and load 400 silver at City B"
A simple interface similar to that of the "Create trade offer" at the marketplace would be ideal and very easy to use.

curadh

Phrourach
So you are suggesting that Innos introduce farm bots and make them legal, why not go the whole hog and make all bots legal? There are enough cheats already in this game, so I would suggest that Innos stops all other development until they have cleaned up the game and permanently banned all botters.

DeletedUser54192

I have to agree with @curadh here, that it basically feels like implementing a common aspect of the prohibited scripts. Automated actions are something that Inno is very much against, because it reduces the amount of effort required to do well. (Especially as trading time and organising resources is one of the ways in which the power of instant-golding units is at least slightly moderated.)

Beyond the central issue of this suggestion, I'd like to point out that making the feature only available at high academy levels isn't really an appropriate way of balancing a research, especially this research. Trade Routes would be much more effective in the mid/late-game, when there are more cities and therefore more organisation is required. By the mid/late-game, the vast majority of the cities will have a high academy level, meaning that this feature would be available in most cities. The other issue with making it a research-enabled feature is that academy points are already limited. (You do have a few spare points if you have a streamlined academy at maximum level, but often you inherit sub-par researches that take up the spare points, or you want to demolish a few levels to free up population.)

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
So you are suggesting that Innos introduce farm bots and make them legal, why not go the whole hog and make all bots legal? There are enough cheats already in this game, so I would suggest that Innos stops all other development until they have cleaned up the game and permanently banned all botters.
might as well. level the playing field. i mean if inno really wanted to get rid of bots they would start by removing all farming villages make the base production rate from camps higher.