Transfer Time (soccer)

DeletedUser

That will be the last time you see the word "Soccer" written in this thread, from now on it is called by it's real name FOOTBALL :pro:

So the end of the season is near and for some the most exiting part is coming soon. Transfer market time I for one love it!! I know this thread will be empty untill we get closer to it but i think this will be one of the busiest transfer windows of modern time. We all know Citeh are gonna go for about 3-4 targets and Man Utd will take 2, liverpool are looking to spend big with GOD being promised some funds ;)

So what do you think for now?? Will Mr Wenger spend BIG this year or will he put his young guns in the firing line again, will the special one make a 2nd coming to chelsea, will Ronaldo REALLY go to Citeh for 150million, will QPR be the richest whipping boys of all time and will Sir Red Nose ever give up the plonk?

I have heard so far from my people "inside the game" that Van Basten is at the final end of talks with chelsea and that Mr Owen is making his way to blackburn. If you have anything to add for now pls do but Don't forget about this thread when the good times start to roll :cool:

DeletedUser17045

I won't say much until the time comes. However, I don't really care who goes where, as long as Man Utd kick some butt, I'll be happy ;) Of course, I love a good game of Football anyway. Either way, as long as the competition and the rivalry is high, it'll be fun to watch. Any league, any place.

DeletedUser

Apparently Brad Friedel is looking for a move back to Liverpool...but I really think they need to find a good, young goalkeeper with a future. Friedel is too old :p

As for non EPL, Shakhtar Donetsk recently introduced Dentinho! Will be interesting to see where another Brazilian will get them in the Champions league this year hehe.

DeletedUser

Wenger needs to buy a good goal keeper.Everyone's saying this for quite some time but he never listens and I think he will continue to run things in his stubborn way.As usual Chelsea and City will spend big.But if Abramovich keeps meddling Chelsea won't do any better next season.

MU needs to do some serious spending.Yeah we won the title but our performance wasn't as convincing as it used to be.​

DeletedUser

Wenger needs to buy a good goal keeper.Everyone's saying this for quite some time but he never listens and I think he will continue to run things in his stubborn way.As usual Chelsea and City will spend big.But if Abramovich keeps meddling Chelsea won't do any better next season.

MU needs to do some serious spending.Yeah we won the title but our performance wasn't as convincing as it used to be.​

Szczesny is an alright young keeper, and Fabianski is a good back-up choice I think too, they both just need more playing time.

DeletedUser

They are both OK.But to win the title you will need a great goalkeeper,even the good ones aren't enough.Do you want to win this season or wait 3 or 4 years more hoping they might 'grow up'?

DeletedUser

Barcelona should buy a better goalie, stekelenburg for example.

DeletedUser

Barcelona should buy a better goalie, stekelenburg for example.

I thought about that...but Valdes is actually a really good goalkeeper, he is just less known. Maybe a young backup option would be nice, as Pinto is a bit old, and as we've seen, angry when he stays on the bench ;)

A good option would be David De Gea, but I feel they would need to dish out quite a bit of Euro's for him!

DeletedUser

De Gea will most likely be going to Man Utd. according to all the rumours going on. He will be a very good replacement for good old van der Sar. On other news though I hear that Turkish giants Galatasaray are after Didier Drogba and Ronaldinho...I don't know the likelihood of that happening but it sounds pretty exciting.

DeletedUser

De Gea will most likely be going to Man Utd. according to all the rumours going on. He will be a very good replacement for good old van der Sar. On other news though I hear that Turkish giants Galatasaray are after Didier Drogba and Ronaldinho...I don't know the likelihood of that happening but it sounds pretty exciting.

Oh yea, I completely forgot about that deal >.<
If De Gea gets the first team spot, looks like Kuszczak will leave then too, because he was really keen on filling Van Der Sar's shoes. :p

DeletedUser

Unless the US buys in the worlds best players from other countries, gets them to breed with their women and then makes the offspring specifically designed for football and then puts them on the national team, the above post has nothing to do with transfers.

Also, I'm unsure, but I think Celtic needs a better Central back to go with Iza.

DeletedUser3613

as a fulham fan i was pleased to hear today that we have bid 8mill for jenus from spurs and are looking at wheater to partner hangerland in deffence :) onwards and upwards we go

DeletedUser

Fulham are getting a good squad together. Also they seem to ba able to hold on to their best players I'm expecting good things from them this season. Liverpool are paying well over the odds, although everyone is saying that downing is not worth the money (i kinda agree) his stats are better than you would think, still, would rather have young :(

off subject for a min, go to youtube and search Naymar wonder goal. I think it is Santos Vs Flamengo. Trust me the goal was just amazing i do hope we can get this guy in the PL one day :) (not at chavski tho)

As for the new utd keeper i don't know alot about him but the reviews he got last season from the dutch press were great. :(

DeletedUser

De Gea is a pretty good keeper but he is still young at this stage. I've seen him play against Galatasaray in the Europe League 2 years ago and even then he was very solid.

I've seen the Neymar goal, that last touch he does to get through the final defender is just amazing. I was blown away by it!! :)

Btw Galatasaray have bought Fernando Muslera, Uruguay's amazing goalkeeper so I'm very excited to see him play once he gets off his holiday :) The new transfer Johan Elmander scored an amazing volley in the latest friendly. I think Galatasaray will be performing much better this year after the disappointing 8th place finish last year.

DeletedUser

For sure. Elmander was great last season in the prem. He really lifted the team when they needed it. Great finisher to :)