Discussion Transport Boat VS. Fast Transport

DeletedUser27346

Fast boats are better for non colony ship attacks, if you know your attacking with a colony ship use slow transports because they hold more and you will move at the speed of the colony ship anyway.

DeletedUser

Don't forget the Academy skill "Bunks"...

You have limited population... the less its used for non-combat transports... the better.

Lugosi

Strategos
You can strengthen your transports and overall naval pace by researching Cartography. I have always used normal transports for their capacity then researched bunks as Mr Jones mentions above. Your attack will hit the person in question at some point in time. Unless they have a very short offline time period then I have never seen any pressured reason to build fast transports. Of course I'm a singular player and the majority I've come across seem to think fast transports are great.

DeletedUser36085

The only reason to use fast transports is their being almost twice as fast as the slow ones, which means that FT don't slow down LS.

DeletedUser11965

fast transport with bunks, because it takes less population to transfer more units and at a faster rate too

DeletedUser38224

fast transport with bunks, because it takes less population to transfer more units and at a faster rate too

It's actually quite the contrary, It takes less population to transfer less units at a faster rate. Slow transports are awesome, Especially if you research bunks and Cartography.

DeletedUser

Personally, I would say slow transports for defensive cities and fast transports for offensive cities. This is the "typical" build. Defense doesn't typically have to get there that quickly, while its nice to be able to hit quickly with offense, whether to clear someone while they're offline or just so the enemy doesn't know when clearing waves are going to arrive until later. (Also, Fast transports don't slow LS down, which is a nice bonus.)