Trash Talk and Sometimes Top 12s

DeletedUser54792

@TyphonousPrime just ignore paw he is salty as he ghosted and won't get a crown but bunch of his friends will who joined savage/hh/puns lol

I agree with his point game is dying and these tactics don't help but these tactics ain't new been used for last few years more and more.
I agree with some of that as well, coalitions are the only way to win WW's. That sucks. But you either adapt and do what you need to do in the best way possible, or you don't worry about WW's at all. We made intelligent and logical moves every step of the way. We avoided any pacts in the early part of the world, analyzed the world landscape midway through, then chose the path that had the greatest possible potential for victory. We had enemies all around, so we made a few friends, never broke our word, and stay loyal to those that have stood by us.

Meanwhile you have a coalition of 138 people, pacted with another large group (Hellas/Legion) lecturing and looking down on us for "hugging". A group that had planned multiple rotations so that all 138+ people would get a crown, but calling us shameful for rotating in far less to share our victory with those that have been with us or friendly towards us for months. :confused:

Get a grip guys. You can't win every world, you should have grace and dignity in both victory and defeat. It's called sportsmanship.

DeletedUser52840

What have you been smoking? Who have you fought all this time? Black Flag? Half of them joined you, the rest were grossly outnumbered and isolated while you and your allies hit them from every side.

We outnumbered Black Flag ? You clearly dont know what you are talking about here so please stop,either go get properly informed or get a ex-member of Black Flag here that still plays and see what he has to say.

And you are in a coalition of Hellfyre/The Booty Warrior Cult/Mother Ship/Balds Crew/Rebels. o_O You have more players in your group then we do in ours. :rolleyes: How is your group of 138 players less of a "hugfest" then our group of 108? We have fought since the very beginning. Rebels did not even exist when we won our first war. You have done nothing but surround and relentlessly hammer an isolated group that you had grossly outnumbered. Now you pick away at the fringe of our territory and feel like you are mighty. Calm down.

From outnumbering Black Flags 2 branches,now we outnumber whole of Savage coalition too ? That escalated quickly

Brenton must be doing some awesome drugs as well, you are both being ridiculous. If Hellfyre was to win 7/7 guess what, YOU WOULD BE ROTATING IN FOR A CROWN! But here is good old Brenton saying how shameful rotating for a crown is.

This is pathetic. You really wanna play that card ? Did you not offer us a chance to rotate into yours so you could wrap this up "quickly" to which we said no ? Did it look like we care about crowns ? This whole WW ordeal was other alliances trying to stop/stall you from winning.

DeletedUser54792

We outnumbered Black Flag ? You clearly dont know what you are talking about here so please stop,either go get properly informed or get a ex-member of Black Flag here that still plays and see what he has to say.

I clearly do know what I am talking about. We only took those guys in when there where about 20 of them. 20 is a smaller number than 138. So yes, you outnumber them.

From outnumbering Black Flags 2 branches,now we outnumber whole of Savage coalition too ? That escalated quickly

Do you know how to look up statistics? There are 138 players in your coalition. There are 108 in ours. That means that you outnumber us. It is just simple math. Not to mention your pact with Hellas/Legion and Hellas/Legion II. Your coalition has more players and groups than ours does. Also simple math, easily verified. The only group in this world that has ever been bigger is LotR.

This is pathetic. You really wanna play that card ? Did you not offer us a chance to rotate into yours so you could wrap this up "quickly" to which we said no ? Did it look like we care about crowns ? This whole WW ordeal was other alliances trying to stop/stall you from winning.

Actually, no. We talked to Hellfyre. They requested that you be included. Those talks never finished, both sides were still debating it. You were never offered anything. Yes, some of your fellow Rebels were indeed interested in a crown. And your coalition certainly had agreements for rotations, are you trying to deny that?

DeletedUser52840

At the start we fought them alone only having Hellas as a pact and no more than 15 members. Nothing else. The booty/hellfyre pact came in shortly before WW started so we didnt gang up on poor Black Flag as you think we did. Hell Booty sided with BF back then too. They couldnt handle the pressure and dissolved. Some moved to you,and the rest elsewhere.

About statistics,you want to add Hellas/Legion to our numbers. You dont seem to be adding HH/Pun/Odin to yours though,thats an easy 200+ players in total if you were to add it.

About the talks yeah,i know you talked to Hellfyre and i know Hellfyre wanted to bring us in too. You may have disagreed at first but you surely accepted not long after. Guess anything to ensure a crown on the profile huh,so much for some actual fair competition.

DeletedUser1359

Lol. I actually agree with Pawcio. The game encourages this negative boredom hug fest that the end game is....Have a look on any world forum and you will see the same stuff that has been written above be repeated over and over....

I can't wait for domination - no rotations allowed and I really hope that they only count cities within the 4 core oceans for the final tally to stop 'elite' pre-formed alliances hiding on the rim and seal clubbing, and force them into the core from the start.

Both Savage and Parsoi had one eye on the end game from over 3 months ago hence the reason for the merge, the painful founding on rocks and filling core islands, friendly player relocations etc. It is fairly evident to me that other than LoTR (who's WW preparations started prior to SP but SP severely disrupted), no other alliance prepared enough for WW era hence the reason SP have had so little real competition building the WWs.

DeletedUser55187

Grepolis is a free, browser-based online game with a strong focus on cooperative play and strategy.

No where does it say it's a war game. We are supposed to get along. Like one big happy family sitting down to a big old-fashioned family game night that lasts for years on end. Some win, some lose, and then we all just laugh about it and move on.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
@TyphonousPrime you guys merging was nothing to do with end game and all about your alliance survival, you were starting to lose cities on all sides, and frankly now when i think about it, with you guys gone, savages alone as an ally would have no shoot at WW.
what you 2 did was cuddling for survival get over it.
and im glad i left this world like i did so i didnt have to waste a single more second on this crap.

DeletedUser38223

Grepolis is a free, browser-based online game with a strong focus on cooperative play and strategy.

No where does it say it's a war game. We are supposed to get along. Like one big happy family sitting down to a big old-fashioned family game night that lasts for years on end. Some win, some lose, and then we all just laugh about it and move on.

3rd paragraph: coordinate attacks against common enemies on land, water, or from the skies

sounds like a war game to me

DeletedUser55187

3rd paragraph: coordinate attacks against common enemies on land, water, or from the skies

sounds like a war game to me

I took that from a little blurb on the google search page which said nothing about war. I am actually aware that this is a war game, but given that they are mentioned in the very first sentence, it is clear that cooperation and strategy are the key concepts here. At the end of the day, people can play the game the way they want, but the way the winning awards are determined does tend to favour large groups who are working together.

DeletedUser55134

@TyphonousPrime you guys merging was nothing to do with end game and all about your alliance survival, you were starting to lose cities on all sides, and frankly now when i think about it, with you guys gone, savages alone as an ally would have no shoot at WW.
and im glad i left this world like i did so i didnt have to waste a single more second on this crap.
Like if you stayed things would change. You wanted to go "as a free will", before you got pushed out of it.

DeletedUser41523

Please Show Me On The Doll Where Savage Triggered You

So I've been gone for a bit and am catching up. But there's a few times Booty and friends are being referenced and I want to clear some of it up. + just a general opinion on WW here and Savage.

On Black Flag GettingTheir Booty Taken/Ganged Up On: The short story is that's their own fault. We were allied to them and agreed at the start of the pact to merge and do WW together. The time came to start and they opted to break pact with us. They're still regretting it to this day in their new homes.

On Not Standing Up To Savage: Rawr offered to let us merge with them as well. But we already made our commitments and stuck to them. The score between Booty and Savage is 61-2. Rebels and Hellfyre are also beating them pretty handily as well. MOTHER SHIP is down 0-5 for them. Granted this probably isn't their most important fight but a score of 271-50 in our favor is still some pretty nice damage dealt. We were doing this back when everyone was focused on LOTR. I'm not seeing what else we could have done against Savage given our location and what we're all working with nor am I seeing any offers from anyone else to stop them. Idk maybe Ian or the Rebels/Hellfyre guys got them?

On Savage Winning WW: I don't know why everyone is surprised now. Its been obvious for months that they were likely going to win. Dunno if everyone expected the situation to be different because it was their alliance against Savage or something. But nobody made any meaningful groups for WW or even attempted to by the looks of it. It looks like they've even gotten on an MP WW island, which isn't a small achievement. Considering they're a core group and have fought a lot of respectable groups, I'd say they've earned this.

Personally I that our neck of the woods had a blast in this world and that's what's important here. I'm just hoping our war record holds until the wonders are won so I can say that one of mine and/or Ian's groups have won a war with a lot of these Savage players and leaders three times in less than 365 days. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54067

I actually enjoyed this world a lot. The only thing I wished was that this world was longer. Honestly this world would have been more interesting without the merging, but I'm just surprised that of all the large and pretty decent alliances out here no-one seriously tried to block Savage on at least 2 or three WW.

The major things that "killed" this world's excitement.

- Time
I think even with the current situation with Time Savage would have been destroyed in 34 completely and other alliances wouldn't have "given up" or would have had chances to cement their position if this world was 2-3 months longer it would have upped the intensity even more. MP would control a large portion of 55 and they would have much of 47/57/56/46. Hellfyre would likely absorb much of MOTHER SHIP and be bigger as a result. BWC and Rebels could have fought or merged. Hellas and Legion or Rebels could have fought more. Misfit Toys may have decided to go on their own although less likely. HH and Pun-ishers would could have gone on their own, and Savage Priests would still be dominant but other allainces would not only be bigger as the smaller and weaker rim alliances either merged and got defeated but would have been more prepared for WWs.

The merges between core Alliances-
I have been guilty of this before, to win my current crown, but if their was a way to either limit academies to one or none at all you wouldn't have the Savage Priests merge, followed by the ODIN and JFL merge followed by the LOTR and Pigs merge (I know this isn't the correct order but you get what I mean). Imagine how interesting this world would have been if Parosi, Savage, Pigs, JFL, HH, The Pun-ishers, Odin and even my alliance and Wrath had never merged but actually gotten crushed then merged by that way. You wouldn't have the relative peace on the rim that lead to the grand rim coalitions today trying to fight off the grand core coalition. I think a true competitive world is when you can spawn in 52 and have a chance of winning. My very first world was like this, I spawned in 32 and by the end of the world with huge clashes and wars we ended up being second place. OF course their was merging but it was after an alliance was completely beaten or two alliances had pacted for a while and wanted to merge. Not the current day Grepolis you see were enemies merge because everyone else is merging, which is the vast majority of major merges in this world. I miss the days of Total War were every alliance was fighting every other alliance and even if a dominant alliance emerged, since it wasn't through pacts and it was actually through fighting the rest of the world didn't run and pact itself into oblivion. We ended up with an alliance fighting two fronts and not think of merging once, they either tried to get allies, or continued fighting but they were not interested in rotating for the crown, and they didn't try to pact with the world or felt the need to because the dominant alliance became dominant by fighting and thus the difference in points wasn't as severe as a merge.

The last thing that killed this world-
The mast ghosting or disbanding of core alliances after the merges.
JFL and LOTR were keeping the game competitive then they ghosted even though they weren't in danger of actually collapsing. I understand from JFL their most important player left and that turned the tide.

My main problem with Rim vs. Core is...
Even when I had the time unlike some of my friends I never had the gold to compete. So I stay on the rim unless I am spawning with friends then we may go in the core or the edge of the core/rim area. For example I won my world spawning by myself in 34, helping create an alliance that was half noobs and half former players and then the dominoes falling in the right place for us to take a core alliance from the rim, and then merging with the ally we had and eventually turning the table on our main enemies then dominating the world for a year due to us ending up controlling the core. The only truly dirty move was the merge, which I think was great for the crown but killed the game. We even tried to make the game more exciting by breaking all and any pacts we had and proceeding to have total war with the rest of the world, although that didn't help because the rest of the world had different goals hence the game turned from competitive in their favor to dull again because of infighting.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Like if you stayed things would change. You wanted to go "as a free will", before you got pushed out of it.
what kind of push are you talking about?
45/55 front line was 3-4 pig players that were never going to lose cities, without us handing off our cities to whoever we wanted its most likely you guys would have never crossed in 55 simple as that.

DeletedUser41523

Probably did. It sucks but most people will take the win. I still had a good time as did my team I feel.

DeletedUser1359

Lol @ Lethal Bacon. You were happy when Parsoi was being attacked on all sides and we were focused on Savage but then quit because you didn't want to fight us when we could concentrate on 2 flanks only following our merge. Not really sure what beef you still have here?

At the end of the day, from the point that Parsoi and Savage merged, we have focused on WW era and made preparations for it. We watched and only LoTR looked like they were undertaking any meaningful WW preparations which we (and Kami) decided to focus on disrupting. If all the other major alliances in the world had made similar advanced preparations, then SP would not be looking at taking all 7 WWs - virtually unchallenged. Once LoTR capitulated and freed up our eastern front, this world was sealed.

So SP deserve the win, whether you like it or not matters very little.

DeletedUser54792

About statistics,you want to add Hellas/Legion to our numbers. You dont seem to be adding HH/Pun/Odin to yours though,thats an easy 200+ players in total if you were to add it.
Apparently you really don't know how to look up the information, I am sorry, I thought you were just being stubborn.

You are in a coalition of Balds Crew/Hellfyre/Mother Ship/Booty Warrior Cult/Rebels. 138 total players in that coalition.
I am in a coalition of Savage Priests Crimson/Savage Priests Green/Savage Priests Red. 108 total players in my coalition.

As you can see, 138 is bigger than 108. 138-108=30. So your coalition outnumbers my coalition by 30 players.

Now you are pacted with Hellas/Legion 1-4. 99 total players.
I am pacted with HH Reborn/Pun-ishers. 77 total players.

As you can see, 99-77=22. So your allies outnumber our allies by 22 players.

We do not have a pact with ODIN. 3 of their players are helping with WW's with resources. If you want to add them in, go for it. That adds 3 more players to our side, and you still out number us by a fair amount. lol

Hopefully this has helped you be more informed. Your group is an even larger "hugfest" than my group. See, we all learn something new every day. And you know what else is interesting, the very core of these coalitions is an agreement to rotate for a crown! Isn't that exciting. Now I know, you aren't interested in a worthless little crown. But the coalition you are part of does. :eek: But that is okay, because the differences are what make us all special.

You were full of malarkey when you were still in the world, and you are just as full of malarkey now that you are off failing in other worlds. We were losing cities to Balds Crew, that's it, and those were isolated cities far from support. Pigs just sat there staring at us, and we sat there staring back. They took a few isolated cities deep in 55, we took a few cities on the border, but mostly it was a stand-off. We were taking 3-4 cities from Savage a day, and losing about 1 city ever other day to them. We were fighting on every side, and still kicking more butt than getting our butts kicked. The merge talks revolved around two points: 1) If we kept fighting, neither of us would be able to make a serious WW run. 2) The only people profiting from our fight was Pigs and the other groups hoping to win the world. We started WW preparations the day after we merged, and were light years ahead of every other group when the race started. That doesn't mean there aren't some great groups out there, just means they waited too long to prepare for WW's.

45/55 front line was 3-4 pig players that were never going to lose cities, without us handing off our cities to whoever we wanted its most likely you guys would have never crossed in 55 simple as that.
We took cities from 2 of those 4... so :rolleyes: And no, they weren't hand offs.

DeletedUser10810

Lets not go there Bacon. I do liked you before you know? I was, I am and will always be straight and honest. Savage Priest would have given u guys 7 days cease fire as I promise. I hold the whole merger that time for you only.

The straight fact is, once the PN-Savage merge is done as Parosi would have no North front which was their and our main front for quite sometime and for which smaller alliances and some other alliances like your Piggies were attacking them and getting easy victories would have been completely stopped. You and LION understood this and broke under upcoming possible pressure.

I don't know why you dont even remember what I did back them to stop the breaking of your Piggies as well. I even sent individual messages to your guys including Lion and you. It seems u have no memory of that either. This game is all about consistency and how well you can work under pressure to maintain that consistency. Your one weakness is you broke down under pressure and that's it.

It will be lame if you think or even try to prove that you wouldn't have lost any cities back then if u dont hand over them to your choose partners. As days gone, Savage Priest has taken a lot of cities from way bigger and better players than you Bacon.. IF u were so confident, you would not have left. I really dont see the point of you making excuses there for that. Its completely on you.

I still think you are a friend and apologies if any of my previous posts hurt ur feelings but that's the only truth here about your time in EN 102 and your departure. Good Luck.