Trash Talk and Sometimes Top 12s

DeletedUser54792

But we're the arrogant ones with ego issues and no class. Honest.
I think it has more to do with all these people trying to act like they failed, not due to their own mistakes, but because SP was somehow bad. You have a parade of players with poor performances in the world trying to claim that we had it easy, or somehow didn't fight non-stop and earn the victory.

It is pathetic. Before the merge both Savage and Parosi fought. Not some easy little skirmishes, or taking cities from isolated newer players. They fought all competitors in their ocean and came out on top. Parosi fought numerous coalitions formed against us almost from day 1. MANY alliances merged during the course of the world. Reaperz/Pigs was made up of 3 different groups merging. LotR was 7 alliances (and pieces of many others) combined. Hellas/Legion merged into one group. JFL and ODIN merged. Hellhounds merged more than once. Hellfyre became a coalition. The difference is, our merge worked. The others did not.

The failure of others groups to find a way forward in the game, is their own fault. Bad diplomacy, bad attitudes, bad recruitment policies, bad decisions, or just waiting too long to make the decisions that needed to be made led to them either falling apart or just not having a real shot at winning the world. A decent player would look at the things that were done wrong and learn from them. A bad player will instead point fingers at the winners and claim that they somehow didn't earn the win.

As for neutralizing all potential competition... JFL and LotR fell in combat. No talking needed. Pigs tore itself apart before it got tore apart. Hellas/Legion was never competition. We've been friends and allies with HH/Puns for a long time now, fought the same enemies, and shared a lot of laughs. Some level of cooperation there just makes sense. ODIN approached us, a handful of their players knew that they had 0 chance of getting a WW and no chance of getting a crown and wanted to know if they could help out and maybe get one. Sure, why not, 3 players sent a few million resources a piece, provided LTS, and allowed themselves to be favor farmed in order to speed up something that was going to happen anyways. That had little real impact on the outcome, just saved us a few hours of the long and tedious building process.

MP had a handful of great players trying to do something that takes 80+ players to successfully do, they never had a shot at building 4/7 let alone 7/7 and they know that. They wanted to get 1, optimistically 2, WW's to try and force a fight at the very end. Sadly with only a handful of really active players left, 1 WW was really the most they could potentially get, and that was unlikely. Sure, they got a little sloppy at the end. But with only a few doing the heavy lifting and mainly being focused on fighting, is that really surprising?

The Hellfyre coalition was the only wild card. They had the numbers, size, and positioning to actually compete, but with the inactivity and inexperience a large part of their coalition had they were only ever looking at potentially getting, at most, 2 WW's. I see multiple people on here talking about our "offer" to the Hellfyre coalition... as they were the only wild card group, we had a conversation with them. I did not initiate that conversation, but I was open to suggestions. Some of the guys in HF felt that if they got a WW then all it would do is prolong the world for another 6 months with the end result being the same. That was not a desirable situation to them so the idea of potential cooperation was brought up. A 'cost' of such cooperation was stated, and we agreed to vote on the idea presented to us. At that time we did not think the entire coalition was in favor of or included in these discussions. Without HF that group had no chance of getting a WW before us, removing the only wild card out there. It is the responsibility and obligation of every leader to do what is best for their members, personal wants/desires/opinions do not matter. A leader serves the alliance, not the other way around. So sure, that is a proposal that any intelligent or responsible leader will at least consider.

Initially we were in favor of working with HF. Then the coalition was brought into the discussion, as HF would not move forward without consulting them. Our initial approval of the idea ended there, the vote on working with the entire coalition was a no. No interest in peace with every other group besides MP actively putting up a fight in the game. It was pointed out that the rest of the coalition had not even been consulted on the issue, so we should hold off on a final decision until after that happened. That was agreed, we would wait to issue our final answer on the subject until the coalition had their say. We were told that Rebels would not be interested, so that made the idea more possible as we would still have someone to fight up north. We were then told that Booty Warriors did not want to cooperate and would fight, that made the idea even better, now Rebels would have some support. Balds backed out, they wanted to keep fighting, now the deal would just take the WW potential out of the group but would not lessen the fighting any. But the discussion went no further as WW's started before the world was 6 months old. So the idea that we "attempted to recruit/neutralize all enemies" is vastly over-stated.

In the end the HF coalition did not do nearly as well as anyone thought it would. Rebels decided to do their own thing, which was terribly unwise. Balds Crew increased attacks, losing a lot of troops and then spending all their resources on constantly rebuilding troops. We farmed resources by the millions and enough favor for several hundred boosts from them, so their contributions to HF's WW attempts had to be nearly non-existent. Without Balds or Rebels contributing, HF did not have a chance to out race us to a WW. With MP's only close WW being broken all real competition was ended. And it was not done with talking, as some salty players seem to believe. HF's leadership was classy enough to congratulate us on a victory fairly won. Besides the original Booty Warrior they are the only ones that have acted with good sportsmanship.

DeletedUser52220

How many times do I have to write congratulations before it counts? Up to at least three now.

Actually scratch that, having thought it through, if Gregismighty is the standard of what it means to be classy I’m okay being considered classless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54792

How many times do I have to write congratulations before it counts? Up to at least three now.

Actually scratch that, having thought it through, if Gregismighty is the standard of what it means to be classy I’m okay being considered classless.
And how many times did you say that we pacted our way to the crown? Or insinuate that we were not very crown worthy? All of your congratulations were followed by something to make it seem less than deserved.

And whether or not Gregismighty is a standard of classy or not, I don't know. But yes, congratulating in a sincere and non-belittling fashion, your opponents for winning is indeed a classy thing to do.

DeletedUser52220

I see. So having an opinion that doesn’t involve saying “savage is awesome all the way through” means my congrats are insincere. Got it.

Alternatively, since your alliance is so big on alternative facts, perhaps I’m just more honest than the people who say one thing to your face and another behind your back, in which case that would actually make me more sincere, not less, right?

Either way I’m okay with the sincerity of my repeated congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55134

And how many times did you say that we pacted our way to the crown? Or insinuate that we were not very crown worthy? All of your congratulations were followed by something to make it seem less than deserved.

And whether or not Gregismighty is a standard of classy or not, I don't know. But yes, congratulating in a sincere and non-belittling fashion, your opponents for winning is indeed a classy thing to do.
The kid is just a sore loser, who proves he doesn't understand the game with every new post, just like pawcio

King Soos

Strategos
Of course JFL are losers in this world. OMFG. you really think you are winners? Why are you even still here? I have never seen such a bunch of poor losers in any world

I am in NE O45 where I spawned, moved into N55 to have a scrap with LoTR and have a few ex JFL cities in O54.
LOL at which point did i say jfl are winners? i did not all i was stating is that you had no part in the war with JFL on your side u didnt even support a single siege so u have no right to say anything about the conflict

DeletedUser1359

lol. Just checked and I actually own 3 old JFL cities (including one King Soos used to own LMAO) ;)

You are correct, I wasn't overly involved in the JFL war as I was a few hours from frontline for much of the conflict. To think I didn't support a single siege though is rather delusional but I have come to expect that now. You think I got to rank 30 in defense whilst my troops hid at home?

This Soos guy cracks me up something cronic. He is happy commenting on just about everything SP related like he is font of all knowledge but I "have no right to say anything about the conflict" which happened on my door step lmao.

King Soos

Strategos
lol. Just checked and I actually own 3 old JFL cities (including one King Soos used to own LMAO) ;)

You are correct, I wasn't overly involved in the JFL war as I was a few hours from frontline for much of the conflict. To think I didn't support a single siege though is rather delusional but I have come to expect that now. You think I got to rank 30 in defense whilst my troops hid at home?

This Soos guy cracks me up something cronic. He is happy commenting on just about everything SP related like he is font of all knowledge but I "have no right to say anything about the conflict" which happened on my door step lmao.
yes this world died along time ago for me so internals are the most fun i can get
well done on taking a city of mine considering i gave up 60 cities is not surprising, congrats on getting to rank 30 in defence that is a big achievement u have now over taken me now so deserves a big round of applause

DeletedUser1359

I give up. You win. Well played JFL. My bad. SP are rubbish. Will keep any sensible opinions to myself as stupidity will not be beaten today

All hail King Soos

DeletedUser48212

History is always written by the winners.
SP fought hard and long for this win even if it NOW does not look like it. Our merge did not make our situation better but brought more fronts, more cities to protect and more enemies to fight. Plus, it brought all of our enemies together because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. With our merge our respective enemies decided that to handshake and friend up is the way to go. JFL, which was strong in O54 with charlie and his gang, Rimlords with the mad man whose name shall not be named anymore, balds which were small but held out like their life depended on it. Everyone just sees the win but not what is behind it. It was a hard fought long months against everyone else while having the tough job to become one alliance. Then of course building all 7 wws which required vast sums of resources, before everyone else. And there were no 120 people in the alliance but only 40.

Hard fought and hard worked for the victory in Byblos.

King Soos

Strategos
History is always written by the winners.
SP fought hard and long for this win even if it NOW does not look like it. Our merge did not make our situation better but brought more fronts, more cities to protect and more enemies to fight. Plus, it brought all of our enemies together because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. With our merge our respective enemies decided that to handshake and friend up is the way to go. JFL, which was strong in O54 with charlie and his gang, Rimlords with the mad man whose name shall not be named anymore, balds which were small but held out like their life depended on it. Everyone just sees the win but not what is behind it. It was a hard fought long months against everyone else while having the tough job to become one alliance. Then of course building all 7 wws which required vast sums of resources, before everyone else. And there were no 120 people in the alliance but only 40.

Hard fought and hard worked for the victory in Byblos.
about the wonder building u did have 2 of the other top 6 allainces (HH and ODIN) not building wonders and sending res to u guys including misfits, even HH had said if there group made a wonder before yours they would kick them from the allaince to let u have the win sooooo it is not at all surprising that u won the wonders at all

DeletedUser10810

about the wonder building u did have 2 of the other top 6 allainces (HH and ODIN) not building wonders and sending res to u guys including misfits, even HH had said if there group made a wonder before yours they would kick them from the allaince to let u have the win sooooo it is not at all surprising that u won the wonders at all

I have two words for you King Soos. "GROW UP"