Trash Talk Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser14437
  • Start date

DeletedUser30636

and when he absorbs noob cities and just golds 32 manticores there every day, it's impossible to win.
this is comical, being able to take your cities was easy because your alliance didn't support you, you didn't support yourself for that matter. after I cleared you I literally didn't have to do anything else, you gave up the city. I'd never try to deter new players from sticking around by being a jerk, we all know grepo needs them for this game to stay alive. but the only way to get better is to keep playing and learn from your mistakes, not by making excuses and complaining about gold. I didn't use any gold take your city and it was probably top 5 of my easiest conquests ever.

with that said. If you choose to stick around, read some wiki, find a vet and learn under him, and join an alliance that cares enough to prevent your city from being taken.

EDIT* apologies, you did do something. resorted to demolishing the buildings in the city that you gave up on

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56371

this is comical, being able to take your cities was easy because your alliance didn't support you, you didn't support yourself for that matter. after I cleared you I literally didn't have to do anything else, you gave up the city. I'd never try to deter new players from sticking around by being a jerk, we all know grepo needs them for this game to stay alive. but the only way to get better is to keep playing and learn from your mistakes, not by making excuses and complaining about gold. I didn't use any gold take your city and it was probably top 5 of my easiest conquests ever.

with that said. If you choose to stick around, read some wiki, find a vet and learn under him, and join an alliance that cares enough to prevent your city from being taken.

EDIT* apologies, you did do something. resorted to demolishing the buildings in the city that you gave up on

Dude, have you heard of the concept of triage? Every city you guys have taken off of me recently were other players that gave up, and I stepped in to take cities so that it wasn't even easier than what I put up. I sniped 3 of turbo's CS by myself on an island with 17 of your fellow cities, using units only from that city. If you ask me, it's incredible I lasted more than 14 hours there. The city I gave up to you was taken by me literally hours before you revolted it, and I had 3 cities under revolt, so naturally I saved my troops for the CS I actually sniped. I'm sure your professional alliance has those reports, if not I can send you them :)

Plus, I was in the midst of a 3 hour overtime shift at my job, which at this point I'm not sure some of y'all have :D

Also, I'm an experienced player who got back into the game recently, and years ago I was in the winning alliance on Athens. So I'm experienced enough to know that, for instance, if there is no way your alliance or yourself is going to keep a city, you demolish buildings to make it harder for your opponent to come at you sooner. Duh.

DeletedUser56371

If you want to play the game "free" that is fine but players that spend money literally pay for your ability to play with them, and complain about them. Your existence on the server is a form of welfare so I accept your graciousness as a freeloader.

This is because Grepo chooses to make in game purchases beneficial towards winning the game, which is a perfectly valid business model. They could choose to run ads or have cosmetic purchases to gain revenue, but I'm not running their business so they can do what they like. I'm not a freeloader for choosing to eschew the business model which is clearly working for them.

What is annoying is that when some rich boys with all the free time in the world decide to win exclusively by spending money on wiping out players who obviously don't have the same (if any) amount of gold to use. It takes no skill to actually put in the effort and be good at the game if you have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars/euros/punds etc., to spend on an MMO game. It crowds out the vast majority of people who want to play the game but don't have the same amount of money. If you want people to stick around then making it more competitively balanced would probably be a good idea.

DeletedUser30636

Also, I'm an experienced player who got back into the game recently, and years ago I was in the winning alliance on Athens. So I'm experienced enough to know that, for instance, if there is no way your alliance or yourself is going to keep a city, you demolish buildings to make it harder for your opponent to come at you sooner. Duh.

an experienced player who's first instinct was to join the biggest MRA on the server, and then complain about people using gold because he lost a few cities lol.

It takes no skill to actually put in the effort and be good at the game if you have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars/euros/punds etc., to spend on an MMO game. It crowds out the vast majority of people who want to play the game but don't have the same amount of money. If you want people to stick around then making it more competitively balanced would probably be a good idea.

Find yourself a better alliance instead. Gold has been around ever since I started playing, people who don't use it seem to do just fine if they know what they're doing. The people who don't know what they're doing, tend to be the ones complaining about other people spending $20 bucks on a game they pour hours into

if you need any advice im glad to help :)

DeletedUser56207

Just because you use your mom's money doesn't make it free.

you got him there :)

giphy.gif

DeletedUser55346

Gold is for reason... we must adapt and accept it. I dont like gold users who use gold to boost their citys/armys etc, but gold dont give you everything. I have also a lot of gold, but i use my gold only for Administrator/Commander and Captain. If you are active/experienced player who knows what to do you can be one of the best or THE BEST player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53831

This is because Grepo chooses to make in game purchases beneficial towards winning the game, which is a perfectly valid business model. They could choose to run ads or have cosmetic purchases to gain revenue, but I'm not running their business so they can do what they like. I'm not a freeloader for choosing to eschew the business model which is clearly working for them.

What is annoying is that when some rich boys with all the free time in the world decide to win exclusively by spending money on wiping out players who obviously don't have the same (if any) amount of gold to use. It takes no skill to actually put in the effort and be good at the game if you have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars/euros/punds etc., to spend on an MMO game. It crowds out the vast majority of people who want to play the game but don't have the same amount of money. If you want people to stick around then making it more competitively balanced would probably be a good idea.
I'm noticing that you're constantly complaining about "rich boys" and "golders". Grepolis is a free to play game and most of their revenue is made from Golders. They're one of the reasons this game is still alive. I'm not knocking any free to play players ( I used to be one myself). I also have a Full-Time job and still manage to take cities all while at work, stop making excuses.

DeletedUser55183

Grepo is fair in the sense that life is fair. You could complain about guys that farm every ten minutes, or players that attack you when you are sleeping, or spy your cities, or use gold...

But in the end you play the best you can with the tools you have. I for example will use gold because it's an inexpensive time saver. I don't live Grepo and a hundred here or there is worth it to me but I have no anger to folks that sweat out farming and gold trades. That doesn't make me rich or a cheater, I am operating just as everyone does in life... trying to make good decisions. If money is tight but time is cheap... go get em but don't get all twisted that some dude can throw some coin. Adapt my man, you can beat golders if your mind is right.

DeletedUser56374

Greetings all.. I am such a noob at this game as its my first time of playing it to any length of time!!

Yup gold is a huge part of the game.. it has to be.. they have to make money to keep it "free" for the majority.. No problems is people choose to use it as its exactly like life.. if you have it.. use it!! If it happens to be mummys or daddys card then all the better for them.

Been watching this thread for a while.. some great advise and some total trash lol...

Some alliances are really not cracked up to what they say they are.. I've lost cities.. not going to cry about it.. I have made huge errors.. learning from them. Was part of Reapers and that was an error!!! Support was mostly one way.. OUTWARD from me..(except a small few). I am still looking for a new alliance since the last one folded overnight when I was asleep!! no message to say why.. found it so funny after trying to find out why!

Personally I'd throw so much support at a city if the alliance wanted it that i'd wipe out :) Some don't see it that way. oh well.. its a game.