Newspaper Trash talk with a newspaper at the start

collect78900

Phrourach
This has gone from a magazine to a Hugs propaganda machine and now its just turned into a place where we get to see Thizzles boots licked by Saa.

I'm totally done reading it, and while we are at it stop contacting my players about it. Keep talking to Hugs they love to talk about how great they are, and you love to quote them at it.

James.

yoo noob!!!!

jameslongst

Strategos
You might as well make them, as your leader James, Summer James or Crusty James whatever he calls himself and his alter ego is either running around like a headless chicken, got his head buried somewhere unthinkable or spamming people.

Funny you would bring up chickens, Lurksalot. I saw you turn into one once. LOL

DeletedUser52274

Funny you would bring up chickens, Lurksalot. I saw you turn into one once. LOL

Only in your own little world would that have happened.

But you certainly know the meaning of chicken, how many worlds have you runaway, to Go West and then ghost..................to many to mention.

If the cap fits wear it.............

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Quickly run down your views on the top 12 alliances left in this server (or the 7/8 wonders of Pharae as Hyperadox calls them):

3. Mercenaries -- Some say we should be pulling Mercs out of the True Fear coalition. I won't truly believe they're separate until I see actual limbs floating past in bloody ocean waves. But for the sake of argument, I will separate them at this time, as they seem to be doing a good job of appearing at war. I'm not sure how Mercs should feel about Golden Horn coming to them, and leaving to "go home" as soon as True Fear decides to jump them. (Try to give a guy a home...am I right?) Rumor has it Merc defense was still in TF cities on the Hugs front line at the time. If this is all indeed true, and given the relatively few city losses Mercs experienced (mostly in TF territory)... well done to Mercs. The following is the evolution of the Merc chat these past few days, as seen from the outside:

2. True Fear/Phoenix Centauri -- Appeared to give up on hitting HT after two huge failed OPs that fed Hugs players loads of BP and generated no cities. Called home players like Mumbai and Golden Horn who were running around in other alliances, just in time for the event. Phoenix Centauri now calls itself an "extension of True Fear", which many would say negates their claim that its members were not from "mergers", especially as it is used to feed True Fear as members leave. Busying itself with eating the leftovers from Alpha Centauri (how better to grow than to take in alliances, keep the best, and eat the rest?), while turning on Mercs to try for BP. Stay tuned for an attempt to "absorb" Mercs and/or NONAME players pending what the coming days bring.

L to the MAO

And another one bites the dust...guess we’ll never know if they actually warred or just played for bp before the merge as some of us suspected. Gotta say I’m a bit disappointed in mercs who claimed to have more gusto and individuality than this. But to each his own.

DeletedUser56426

What happened is TF ganked less active players en masse. I guess that was enough to scare people into a merge which is beyond disappointing. This is not something that I stand for, and I would sooner be rimmed than to join such a group. Sad part was they needed twice the player base we had to pull this off. Talk about a false sense of pride.

jameslongst

Strategos
What happened is TF ganked less active players en masse. I guess that was enough to scare people into a merge which is beyond disappointing. This is not something that I stand for, and I would sooner be rimmed than to join such a group. Sad part was they needed twice the player base we had to pull this off. Talk about a false sense of pride.

Build a wall before you stack troops.

DeletedUser56426

Lol okay chump, we can totally build walls in another player's city

DeletedUser54067

My 2 cents, Grepo has never been a fair game and if this happened with my alliance I would be pissed. But that's a tactically solid move from TF, props to them. I personally thought at first their war with Mercs would be their downfall and Mercs would hold the line leading them to fight a two front war. It turns out TF pulled the wool over my eyes. Now it was what many saw incoming, TF's growth strategy so far has been merge from 44 , 45 to 35 to 46 and now to Southern 55. But that in itself is Grepo. Can't hate the player hate the game. I guess i'll have to do a new top 12 when this settles. I personally wonder what is going to happen to the rim oceans of 65 and 56, while they are being ignored right now, if focused on you can get a massive amount of cities like us that will likely still fall within the Domination circle come endgame. I'm assuming NOE will take 65 with relative ease but who takes 56? Do newcomers emerge, does a third alliance get formed to take in the remaining members? OR does NONAME come in out of nowhere to absorb the half/third of Mercs that don't merge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56348

TBH.... this has happened to all of us at some point. TF didn't drop a pact, and have personally been on the receiving end of far, far worse "betrayals" - am sure many others have too. You WERE expanding in O45 though - a fact that has been conveniently overlooked in all the "TF hate". lol.. But yes am sure players are bitter - have been there just like everyone has - but as said above, this is pretty standard for Grepo. Its not about losing cities tho - its about how you recover and bounce back from a setback, cos all the extra slots from the BP mean you can just come back stronger than before - if you choose that path ;)

Congrats to Mercs though - from what I saw most of you gave us a good fight, for the revolts you knew about. Nothing you could do about the fact a couple of OP targets with cities all over TF core appeared to "give up" and go MIA for hours at a time. It was an unexpected bonus, and of course we took full advantage, and quickly... lol. If we hadn't HT would have been straight in there ;)

DeletedUser56439

But that's a tactically solid move from TF, props to them.

Props to them for merging with what, the 5th alliance now or is it 6th? Isn't this a War game where you fight and battle to grow and not just merge at every chance you get or am I missing something.

Also rather weak leadership on Mercs behalf to give in and down tools after all the talk of taking the fight to TF and what not.

Raydium88

Strategos
Can't hate the player hate the game.

You make some valid points. Albeit you've overlooked a couple things, this is the biggest insult to the hardworking player base. We, and I mean every player, owe ourselves to make the game enjoyable, unless what you wanna have happening is Leontini repeats. I'd like to think the community that plays the game owes some responsibility too...

I personally think this was a terrible move by TF. But I am not here to lecture TF leaders, or any other player, on the winning conditions... lol

But yes am sure players are bitter - have been there just like everyone has - but as said above, this is pretty standard for Grepo.

And because every other MRA does it (as in standard) it suddenly makes it ok?

Congratz on your erm... what's the count we're up to now? 7th... 8th "merge"/"absorption"? Is honestly embarassing, and at the same time hilarious, how desperate one must be for a win, after losing tons of servers in a row. But hopefully this is the server where TF will finally come to understand that taking shortcuts doesn't pay :)

DeletedUser10335

I'm telling mommy you're not playing fair!!! you guys are so bitter. most players do not finish worlds, Most people here started in middle game (including myself), joined an alliance like phoenix blade, that had zero experience and no leadership and nobody that I have played within previous worlds.. So what was i suppose to do? Stay with an alliance that has no idea what they are doing and have no mates, or join a group with people I have played with before and has previous experience and know what to do when getting attacked with 50+ incomings... What True Fear did, was classic grepolis, to beat an alliance into surrendering. that's the heart and soul of grepo. quit being so bitter and enjoy the game!

DeletedUser38766

I'm telling mommy you're not playing fair!!! you guys are so bitter. most players do not finish worlds, Most people here started in middle game (including myself), joined an alliance like phoenix blade, that had zero experience and no leadership and nobody that I have played within previous worlds.. So what was i suppose to do? Stay with an alliance that has no idea what they are doing and have no mates, or join a group with people I have played with before and has previous experience and know what to do when getting attacked with 50+ incomings... What True Fear did, was classic grepolis, to beat an alliance into surrendering. that's the heart and soul of grepo. quit being so bitter and enjoy the game!

bwahaha classic grepo?(no words) :D...what you´ve done all these 9 years?

DeletedUser52274

Strip what's wrong mate ?

Why you throwing your toys out of the pram ?

Why are you shouting at the poor folks on the externals ?, it's not like you.

DeletedUser56155

You got it all wrong, mate. No one's bitter, I am enjoying the game. I am actually playing it ;)

PS: That's not classic grepo... that's lazy grepo lol

Only Hugs knows what is acceptable game play... Seems every move is bad game play if you arent hugs, if you are then you can get away with it. SO taking players from an enemy alliance is lazy, and not how your supposed to play... Then why did you do it to SDSU? Why did you do it to Oblivion?

There is no way that Hugs is actually this blind to their double standards. They just want to shame those who join their only real competition.

DeletedUser52860

I don’t think you can really compare the low number of players hugs have taken in on this server to the MRA, mass-merging, bully-boy tactics of True Fear? Calling double standards is a pretty weak argument really.

The leaders of HT have taken in limited numbers who are generally players who have similar strategies to how we operate; players who’s faces will fit and will add strength to what we do on a day by day basis.

There have been no forced merges, taking the cream and ruining the game for huge chunks of the player base. I know these tactics have been around for a while because I watched TF try to cuddle their way to a crown on EN92 and fail spectacularly. Maybe you’ll get away with it on this one but only if you manage to bore us all to death.

Meanwhile all of the players who get binned off by these merges end up leaving the game behind because it’s not fun anymore.

Maybe you can claim you are happy with that style of play but we think it ruins the game so we are perfectly entitled to come on here and call you a duck if you look like one and sound like one.

Raydium88

Strategos
There is no way that Hugs is actually this blind to their double standards.

Since you believe in an honest comparison between our alliances I will just leave you with this screenshot, because it speaks louder than words......... for those who are deaf.

Double-Standards.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser56348

Question.... if a pact you have great relations with "switches sides" and teams up with your enemies to take you out, so they ensure they are the ultimate winners..... is this honourable gameplay? Or "thats grepo" tactics -ofc you still "tip your hat" for getting blindsided and outsmarted and losing the server to the better team. But I fail to see how any other "tactics" that are trashtalked here are worse than this (maybe am just scarred by that experience too lol)

This scenario has happened to many of us. My view of alliance "tactics" is - its usually a team decision, some I agree with some I disagree with - but thats simply my opinion, none of us have a crystaI ball! I WILL however congratulate the winning leadership team when this server is done, for ultimately making the best strategic calls.

DeletedUser38766

Look Lana, i believe if Hugs were using the same tactics as TF has done here, this server would be dead for months. Cause it would have turned out as EN110. Secondly there are very many more cons but im not gonna give a lecture here lol. You probs experience it yourself future. Not gonna say wrong or right tactics but i think each team leaders should have responsibility how the world turns out. Obviously TF leaders don´t have enough confidence(i hope it doesn´t sound so terrible lol)