Newspaper Trash talk with a newspaper at the start

DeletedUser38766

Unfortunately we were seen as a "rising threat" and got out-golded (no, this is not me complaining against gold use, just stating a fact)
Staiting a fact? xD I would call it assumption.

DeletedUser56348

Staiting a fact? xD I would call it assumption.

From first hand experience then... lol.... is it possible in a city u just conquered to build around 1000 slingers, 40-50 odd catapults, 2 CSs plus LS and transports to take a same island city 24 hours later?!

Not bitter - I have utmost respect for the player am referring too - but yes i do assume gold use as had no chance whatsoever... tho i take it as a compliment thats what was required to lose my city :p

DeletedUser52860

I think he meant the bit about you guys being a “rising threat” ;):p

1saaa

Strategos
Can't remember who but I'm pretty sure a Hug This player stated that SdSu would be very hard to beat if they were given time to dig in. or at least that is what i remember.

and tbh if SdSu got hold of 44 they could well be here today. but certain teams slowed their expansion so they were stuck out in the middle of the world with the two half pre-mades that could help debating about whether or not to help. Oh boy that was messy. i could rant for days about how messy that was.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
We had that mindset in SDSU OOC, against the rest of O44. Yes its a strategy many would aspire to.
Unfortunately we were seen as a "rising threat" and got out-golded (no, this is not me complaining against gold use, just stating a fact) and HT went for the jugular before a talented bunch of fighters even really stood a chance to get established. And fair play to you all, I would have done the exact same....

So what do you do when "plan A" doesnt work out? You go for "Plan B"....or quit....
There are many players like me, who arent big gold spenders, who are "slow starters"... but over time catch up. And we dont roll over, we've seen the hard times and losing cities = more slots to come back stronger.

HTs attitude to the players like me was "search and destroy". . and send to the rim. TF however sees the long term potential in players and gives them a second chance to rebuild into the players they can be.

So NO.... am not personally playing for the win.... first and foremost am playing for fun with a great group of players.... but what drives me to improve IS the fact that HT (I would argue, arrogantly) dismissed players like me as little more than "food". And thats a powerful inspiration to prove you all wrong ;)

I think the difference is that HT will go head to head with a team, try to beat them, and if beaten offer homes to those who showed promise-- if we have room in the alliance. Our approach shows players respect, as a worthy opponent is then asked to become a teammate. Those invited here fought well and were just on the other side of circumstance. TF waits for other people to weaken teams and then rushes in with offers of a better life. The end game is the same-- TF wants the same 5 players HT wants-- but just takes em all, then weeds the others out and they leave the game or are eaten, or sit in a secondary alliance and buff up the front lines. If players want to learn the game they can do that without being used to buff up the main team. To truly be a "benefactor" to newer players, one would instead take them to some rim fights and focus on true skill building fighting their own wars, completely independent of the main war, keeping them interested. (I keep saying my next server will be this.) I don't fault TF for that though, they aren't here to create good rim players, they're here to further their own cause, just like everyone else. But if you look at the remaining SDSU roster in TF/PC... it's the same end as it would've been otherwise. It's just easier to "feel better" about the optics. If you want to remain a full separate team, instead of joining another alliance, you move as a team and create a new core from which to keep fighting-- that's what HH/Dogs have done, adjusted and moved and stuck to their independence. The full merger approach is when people want to both keep their team intact and also win... so they pretend they are meeting both of those goals, which just isn't possible in domination.

It's a strategy, I'm not going to say it doesn't work-- but it's kind of the lazy-man's way... only attacking those already weakened, choosing to "absorb" instead of fight, etc... TF doesn't choose wars unless they've already lopsided things in their favor through player/city count (or having their defense in TF cities lol). It's teams like HT that will go offensively against challenging targets that make the game fun for all and challenge both sides to get better. (Before anyone gets mad at that statement, it comes from knowing TF on many servers-- and "getting attacked" by a team is not choosing a war... I mean, choosing to attack a strong, difficult opponent of similar size and city count who isn't already weakened by other wars.)

We went after SDSU early on because it was fun, as you had skill (well, that's why I did, I haven't had as much fun since then attacking on this server). It's fun to have to send multiple CSs and well-timed attacks to hopefully land a city. It's no fun to just bully through with pounds of gold as we've often been accused of. (In fact, the biggest golder on the server resides in TF... or is it mercs... or TF... ahhh I can't recall where he is these days...)

I HATE the gold feature, but if it's part of the game, we can all choose to use it how we think best. I personally use it to enhance gameplay (e.g., gold out two CSs for better anti-snipe timing, or gold out some bir to snipe lazily-launched OLU, which is "fun" for me). But you'll never see me gold in an event (insert long rant on how much I hate events and what they've done to gameplay). Though what I say is light gold use... could that be considered heavy gold use for non-golders? I think so. Problem is that even non-golders have golding friends (Lana does too ;) )-- so golden snipes will be coming in to kill my CSs... wait, now I need more gold! I think the moral of the gold story is that unless the game changes, we all need to find us some rich friends. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser13524

What is this? Logical discussion in the Pharae externals? :eek:

But real talk, I've been saying this in the Hell Hounds chats for about as long as we've been on the same team: This server has alliances picking strategies and game-plans and playing them out to the best of their ability. And frankly, I love it.

You've got a clash of different takes on the game and strategies being used. From a player perspective, this is how strategy evolves. You find ways to deal with tactics that counter your own. From a game design perspective, this is how you learn more about how your game works and is played by others.

It's neat stuff. And watching it play out is one of the reasons I stayed here when MAD DOGS kinda poofed. So I'm really liking these thought out posts and interesting discussions/debates.

DeletedUser4952

1saaa, don't get it wrong next issue, we are not OP'ing TF
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

Snip20190708-197.png

DeletedUser4952

Did a summer wasp just flew by?
smiley_emoticons_rollsmiliey.gif

anyway, yea was expected, some great bp.
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

jameslongst

Strategos
Did a summer wasp just flew by?
smiley_emoticons_rollsmiliey.gif

anyway, yea was expected, some great bp.
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

Great BP was it? Super awesome Ian...you are so great! And against a team three times smaller than you to boot. Beautiful. I bet it was some great hits.

Tell me how you do it. I gotta know. Is it the Gold? I mean, I know its mostly the gold...but is it anything other than gold? Inquiring minds wanna know. See we are setting up our own newspaper over here called GOSH IAN IS GREAT!!! Think we could get an exclusive interview?

I have to say it again. AAAAA.......MAZING campaign. And only minimal cannibalizing troops this time also. So great. Those small brown cities stand no chance to you Ian. You are incredible. So impressive.

DeletedUser13524

I love how you have the time to write long rants like this that make 0 sense but somehow still manage 1 sentence interview responses. Yet they still managed to make you look dumber than this one post.

Dude, was that last part really necessary? Does this statement ring a bell to you "On a serious note it would be amazing if the respectful discussion that ended up happening on the previous thread carried over to this one (leave your salt at the door please)!"

Maybe if you want the respectful discussion to occur in your paper comments, you should contribute to it instead of just picking the low-hanging fruit insults and throwing them around.

1saaa

Strategos
Dude, was that last part really necessary? Does this statement ring a bell to you "On a serious note it would be amazing if the respectful discussion that ended up happening on the previous thread carried over to this one (leave your salt at the door please)!"

Maybe if you want the respectful discussion to occur in your paper comments, you should contribute to it instead of just picking the low-hanging fruit insults and throwing them around.
Your right. I am sure the lack of certain posts will show that i know i was wrong in this sense.

Enjoy a week of me shutting up after knowing that i have gone to far.

DeletedUser13524

Don't need to be quiet just maybe think a little.

Or get more creative insults that I can at least find amusing. LOL.

DeletedUser48696

Looks like I'll have to put on my dictator hat and introduce martial law in Hounds soon

jameslongst

Strategos
Looks like I'll have to put on my dictator hat and introduce martial law in Hounds soon

With all due respect what you should do is kick the guy that's clearly in the tank for your enemies. He is practically an honorary member at this point and after what they did to his team it makes me want to vomit, to be totally honest. There you go Saa was that a clear enough answer? Want more?

I told you to quit contacting us about your stupid Hugs newspaper. Did I stutter? My answers might make me look dumb and Im fine with that, but at least I have a spine Saa. Drop the interviewer act and find yours.

DeletedUser56333

I love how James has a problem with players who gold ONLY when they don't play on his team. Ian played with James in 110, I don't remember him crying about his gold use then.

Besides, Ian's a 1000x better of a player.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
I love how James has a problem with players who gold ONLY when they don't play on his team. Ian played with James in 110, I don't remember him crying about his gold use then.

Besides, Ian's a 1000x better of a player.

Gosh, I hope Ian didn't spend a lot of money on all the simming he did with us in 110. I only remember giving him cities to help him relocate, then he was pretty much inactive the rest of the server.