Trial of Slingers - Community Rewards

• Thread starter DeletedUser52878
  • Start date

DeletedUser52878

My community rewards (level 1) went missing. All other players on the server that I've spoken to are claiming they are getting it, so I must be the only one in the world not.

I opened a ticket thinking it disappeared after a conquest attempt in en32, but then I realized it was also missing in en90 where there was no conquest attempt. The ticket I opened only addressed en32, after the ticket was answered explaining that I lost it because of the conquest attempt, the reward magically reappeared in en32 only.

The reward specifically states that the reward will be in all your cities even if founded or conquered, so I don't get it. What gives and why is the mod trying to say I shouldn't have it and why is it magically appearing in only the city I complained about.

Doesn't seem like fair dealing going on here and it's putting me off.

edit: to be fair, what re-appeared was reward #2, reward #1 is still missing in en32 and en90, so it seems across worlds

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

If you feel that you are not getting anywhere, you can ask for a senior moderator or Richard.

DeletedUser52878

Here's what I am told: These rewards will be lost in conquests like all other rewards. The image you sent explains that every new city you take from another player, or colonize will also get the reward, if you have it active in one of your cities.

So I had attempted conquests in my city and I lost the reward, I think its a bit strange as the attempts failed and ultimately I'm still part of the community. The "if you have it active in one of your cities" isn't explained anywhere. Now in en32 I have reward #2, but not reward #1? That doesn't even make any sense. I kept all my other rewards from the event in the failed conquest including the myths I used to break the siege, and the extra population I opted for, so losing one reward and not the other doesn't flow logically.

60% @ 5 weeks is a big pop and it should probably be a bit clearer as I had the opportunity to snipe the conquest in en32 before or after landing and I chose after for the battle points without knowledge I'd suffer loss of the reward. This was not the case in en90, but its frustrating when the rules to the event are misleading.

DeletedUser52878

I asked the mod to escalate, ticket is still open so I'm waiting. Thanks for the suggestion.

DeletedUser52878

This is from a post that I made a few minutes ago in my Alliance Forum further explaining the problem with the Trial of Slingers issue:

The explanation is that its an active reward and is lost if you end up in siege. I think its a really illogical explanation as you are still part of the community if you break the siege, further other rewards do not go away like extra population and somehow you are still eligible for reward #2. Totally blows my mind how you could get #2 but lose #1, as it is impossible to achieve #2 without first achieving #1.

Also the reward is misleading in that it specifically states that it will transfer to a city if conquered or founded but they omit to state that it must be active in the city which attacking from, leading the reader to believe that it just transfers to all cities regardless if it is active in your city since it is active in the community. And finally the lack of clarity also misled me into thinking it would be OK to let a CS land and snipe it afterwards for higher BP when I had the opportunity to snipe it prior to landing which I would have done if I knew i was going to be penalized for trying to get more BP.

So it's total BS. Open up a ticket and make these complaints if anyone is missing their community awards #1.

And as a final thought, I really wouldn't care if the game was 100% free, but it isn't so now I've placed valuable consideration for an opportunity to participate only to find out that rules aren't clear, and outcomes from participation become unknown. So essentially this has become more of a game of chance than skill which erodes rankings and general credibility in game play.

I wouldn't make a big stink if it were just a minor issue, but a 5 week increase of 60% is a huge pop and I believe this is a big flaw.