Trial of the Slingers Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The Trial of the Slingers event will begin February 25th. Feel free to post any questions or feedback you have in this thread.

DeletedUser41523

I like how pretty much every GPC member touched on Inno spamming events as a problem in their game and their response was to disband the GPC and ignore it.

Oh and basically make this casual world that nobody players.

curadh

Phrourach
Another dumbed down event :( This was the one event that put non gold players on the same level as the golding monsters with the opportunity to get the 4x bps buffs from the egg collections. Big spenders seem to have unlimited access to the 4xbps in addition to Great Arming etc. but normal (majority of players) are fobbed off with 3 HS plus one DS buff (previously 2 DS for each egg collection). Anyone would think that Innos is deliberately alienating their player base, if this is the case then well done as you are excelling at this.

DeletedUser54192

I have to say, I'm not entirely surprised by the changes. The Lead Developer did warn that they were planning to reduce the availability of Divine Senses tokens, to make them a more "special" item. What I'd be most-interested to see is whether they release a package soon including Divine Senses tokens. Doing so would ruin the "reducing prevalence" excuse, and would fly directly in the face of community feedback to them over the two similar cases in 2018 (Senses tokens and Land Expansion tokens).

While I'm not surprised, I have to say that I am disappointed. The feedback on events seems to have been cherry-picked by the developers in a way that they know won't please the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

I like how there’s no normal ALU option outside of hops. Maybe I don’t want to use 120 points on flyers. Maybe I just want some slings or horses.

Also last event the birs and LS populations were equal. This time they’re not.

I do like that the flyers seem to be nerfed though. But are DS cheaper from last time?

curadh

Phrourach
HS are very slightly cheaper than last event (335 vs 500) but the only single DS is that for the white egg collection. And as for flyers being nerfed, I would need to buy 5 buffs to complete a single nuke on one server, so I would say made next to worthless.

DeletedUser41523

HS are very slightly cheaper than last event (335 vs 500) but the only single DS is that for the white egg collection. And as for flyers being nerfed, I would need to buy 5 buffs to complete a single nuke on one server, so I would say made next to worthless.

I wouldn’t say worthless. They still help your rebuild. But you can’t just go wasting flyers on people anymore. I remember a couple years back I would literally buy Flyer nukes and doubles and assault anyone near me so this is a better change.

DeletedUser54192

like how there’s no normal ALU option outside of hops. Maybe I don’t want to use 120 points on flyers. Maybe I just want some slings or horses.
So far as I can remember that's the norm for events with shops. Slingers and horses were available through recipe events (along with a number of other mythical units that rarely get into shop-based events).

I do like that the flyers seem to be nerfed though. But are DS cheaper from last time?
I personally like the flier nerf (as it will reduce the impact on conquest worlds).

Heightened Senses aren't actually any cheaper than last the last time this style of event was run. 2018's Spartan Assassins event (the same mechanics, but with different graphics) had Heightened Senses and Land Expansion for 335 shards. It's actually impossible to check the details for "Trial of the Slingers" events from previous years, because they overwrote the wiki page with this year's details.

Grepolympia-style events put a 500 laurels cost on the Heightened Senses, however they seem to have different prices for a number of tokens (flier tokens cost 150 laurels, if I remember correctly).

DeletedUser54965

why are the community goals so high @Richard its very unlikely we will finish 4/5.. same problem last time you did this event..

DeletedUser55936

Are there any known bugs of players not receiving the community rewards for this event?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
As long as you participated in the event then you will receive the community rewards. The instances we've seen where people didn't get the first one were due to those players not taking part in the event before the first goal was met.

DeletedUser54965

As long as you participated in the event then you will receive the community rewards. The instances we've seen where people didn't get the first one were due to those players not taking part in the event before the first goal was met.

no that's not the issue... the issue is its retarded a world with more active players have a community goal of 120k while a less active world a goal of 1.2 million

there is no point advantage for a world being newer... so the difference in goals you have to meet really make no sense, en114 in nearing their 3rd goal while en113 hasn't met 1st goal.. they are actually 1/4 of the way so whoever calculated that needs to be fired cause it makes no sense... I'm mad we might barely hit the second goal by end of the event because 6.8 million is definitely not happening

@Richard @Baudin Toolan can someone explain the unfair difference here and why it is sooo un-proportional