Inactive Topic Trojan Horse

DeletedUser

Proposal
A constructable wooden horse that allows you to attack an enemy city and suffer no casualties from the walls.

Current Workaround
N/A

Details
Upon reaching a level 22 academy, you would be given the option to research "Trojan Horse" which would cost as below:
trojanhorseidea.jpg

Once researched, it would be a constructable unit within the barracks but limited to only 1 at a time. In the barracks, it would cost you:
trojanhorseidea2.jpg

Stats
trojanhorseidea3.jpg

Abuse Prevention
The limit of 1 would prevent people from building a hundred and surpassing the wall in one long train. It is also weak against defensive mythical units and can be destroyed by them rather easily.

Summary
Something to surpass enemy walls without sustaining casualties but at the same time being very rare and expensive.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser345

i like this idea though im not sure it will be implanted

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but like Achilles said, it won't be implemented.

DeletedUser

i like it

and why are you guys so sure it wont be implemented? it might be

DeletedUser

I doubt it would be implemented either, it's a big change to the battle mechanics which I would imagine have been painstakingly measured for game balance. That said, I will be pleased if it is...

Also, I'm slightly more optimistic about it being implemented than I am about it being implanted...ouch! :O

DeletedUser

I think it might be implemented, but there are a few problems.
1. Just how could a Trojan horse get in without a spy or collaborator to get it inside the city?
2. Is the Trojan horse a one-use unit or a normal unit that can be used as long as the unit survives?
3. Wouldn't it be weak to a catapult or fire ship since fire destroys wood and a big stone would smash wood?

DeletedUser

I think it might be implemented, but there are a few problems.
1. Just how could a Trojan horse get in without a spy or collaborator to get it inside the city?
2. Is the Trojan horse a one-use unit or a normal unit that can be used as long as the unit survives?
3. Wouldn't it be weak to a catapult or fire ship since fire destroys wood and a big stone would smash wood?

1. The same way the original made its way in. The people of Troy accepted it as a gift ("Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"). They had nobody on the inside to get it in. The people of Troy instead even knocked down part of their wall (above the gate) to fit it in.
2. I'd say it is a normal unit that returns to you (with loot) as long as it survives.
3. Yes, I could see this.

DeletedUser

Although I am HUGELY sceptical about anyone being able to use a Trojan Horse twice, particularly on the same player......:)

I'll play along, but with the proviso that the Horse can only be built in a Polis that worships Posiedon.

;)

DeletedUser

Although I am HUGELY sceptical about anyone being able to use a Trojan Horse twice, particularly on the same player......:)

I'll play along, but with the proviso that the Horse can only be built in a Polis that worships Posiedon.

;)

But that would unfortunately force the developers to then come up with a new item for the other Gods worshiped. At that point, you might as well just make it a Divine Power.

DeletedUser

Well it could replace Kingly Gift...:)

I like the idea, though, even if everyone has access to it.

How many troops would it hold?

DeletedUser

I must admit i like the idea of having a place where people can go to download a virus ;)

DeletedUser

Maybe as a world's one time use since news of its use will spread. Even if you limit it to 1 per player, you can have members of your alliance to do this on one particular player and have a train of these.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't like this idea....I mean the Trojans would have won that war if they hadn't been so dumb in taking what was OBVIOUSLY a trap into their walls. And there were dissenting factors in the aristocrats at the time who agreed and figured it was a bad idea... Historically this was dumb luck and I really don't think it should be allowed in. PLUS even limited, that's like giving someone a free village lol. It's just not a good idea

DeletedUser

Personally I don't like this idea....I mean the Trojans would have won that war if they hadn't been so dumb in taking what was OBVIOUSLY a trap into their walls. And there were dissenting factors in the aristocrats at the time who agreed and figured it was a bad idea... Historically this was dumb luck and I really don't think it should be allowed in. PLUS even limited, that's like giving someone a free village lol. It's just not a good idea

Unless the trojen horse can only hold 'X' amount of units like the transport ship

DeletedUser

I would want it implemented if it is used only against cities named Troy and if you siege the city for ten years before using it.;)