Inactive Topic Trojan Horse

DeletedUser809

How on earth is this thread still alive AND in development? It's a terrible idea poorly presented, the OP was posted in January 2010 and from the looks of it the poster hasn't been on the forums in ages.

DeletedUser

Don't have

The world Sigma and new worlds do not have the Trojan Horse.

DeletedUser18132

Nor does any world, although it was implimented for April fOOLS.

DeletedUser20429

Might be but if it has or hasn't been implemented shouldn't it be closed once it's gone to voting?

DeletedUser24356

3. why would some one burn a gift maybe after the troops came out, but before?:heh:

DeletedUser

So, if I'm getting this right, a trojan horse can only be used if your enemy attacked your city and stole your very attractive queen?
I love that it was implemented April fools...

Seriously though, it would be cool if you could make an attack look like a support with some sort of spell or contraption. That could be useful. Don't feel obligated to reply, I know this is a dead topic..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know this is an old thread, but its not closed off, so I'll give my comments.

I like the idea of a unit that can be sent to by-pass the wall, but we already having flying units that can do this. If this unit was to be implimented, it should instead be a siege tower (see wiki). As this was a weapon that was used as far back as 9th centuary.

Details of siege tower could be as follows:
* Tower can not cause damage to an opponent, can only be used when attacking and is destroyed after use.
* Small tower costs 2500 of each resource, can be used by 100 troops per battle and takes up 20 spaces on a boat.
* Large tower costs 5000 of each resource, can be used by 250 troops per battle and takes up 40 spaces on a boat.
* A tower can only be used on a city with a wall max size of 10 (small) and 20 (large).
* Troops fighting via a tower fight with 20% loss of strength.
* A tower has a 25% chance of being destroyed without the troops getting over the wall.

DeletedUser

They did a prank of this back in April Fools of the previous year, but apart from that, I doubt this will go through. We have had similar siege unit ideas fail, even with caps on how many can be built.

DeletedUser

Yes I read through that bit but wasnt playing when it occured. Most ideas that are put forward wont go to development, led alone get implimented, but Im a romantic dreamer.
Im not sure if my idea would balance the game, as there would have to be consequences for siege tower (if it ever did get implimented) with the idea of cutting down the advantage of a turtle city (eg: Level 25 wall, 1000 of each) without underminding the idea of the wall.
Im a strong believer that the effectiveness of walls should be decreased.

DeletedUser31931

I like the imagination, but really, there isn't enough of a need for this idea. There are more than enough units already in the game, and adding another one just makes it even more complicated.

The more complicated the game is, the less players will join, and the less competitive the worlds are.

DeletedUser20429

Well it could replace Kingly Gift...:)

I like the idea, though, even if everyone has access to it.

How many troops would it hold?

NO WAY. Not going to happen lol. We use that spell too much in ship building cities. But I guess you wouldn't know that because your new :(

DeletedUser

whats the point of building a wall if it can be bypassed completely?

DeletedUser

not a bad idea...it just might make it good

how about when used wisdom it doesn't show the exact number

DeletedUser

whats the point of building a wall if it can be bypassed completely?

I'm in agreement. Even if this giant wooden horse is a nice idea, it wastes all the countless hours and resources a player has put into their hypothetical level 25 wall. Perhaps the Trojan Horse feature could only take away 50% of the effectiveness of a player's wall (in the original Greek tale, once the Greek soldiers had exited the horse and the Trojan city guard had been alerted, there was a slight skirmish for the walls. The Greeks didn't take them instantaneously). This historical detail would tie in well with the horse only working partially against walls, not rendering them ineffective.

Another idea would be to select a certain 100 units or so of your attacking force to "garrison" the horse, and these units would suffer 75% of the wall's effectiveness, while the rest of your attacking troops only suffer 25% of the wall's effectiveness. It would be harder to work into the battle-math, but probably doable.

DeletedUser42857

Although I am HUGELY sceptical about anyone being able to use a Trojan Horse twice, particularly on the same player......:)

Agreed.

I have to say this is an utterly dumb idea purely on the basis that once you had researched Trojan Horse yourself you would be aware of its existence, so would have to be really really stupid to let a large wooden horse into your city.

And how would it get there, if it came by sea the mere presence of boats would give it away, if it came overland, oh, this is just very very silly.

DeletedUser31385

Moved to the re-vote discussions section. Please continue discussing this idea.