Passed Troop Training, Research, and Building Construction Grace period

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8790

Proposal:
Grace period for building, research, and troop constructions.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'
Yes

Reason:
Misbuilt troops, ships and buildings as well as misclicks for researches.

Details:
Have a 20-30 second grace period for canceling troop trainings, researches, and building constructions.

Visual Aids:
Don't have any.

Balance:
I don't think it needs any.

Abuse Prevention:
Can't think of any ways.

Summary:
Many times due to slow internet or in my case slow grepo due to having 160+ cities I wrongly start to train the wrong troops, For example I have a block of cities for building biremes only, when moving from city to city in the harbor screen I am trying to set my bireme in my training queue and the screen sticks and now I am suddenly building transports I do not want, even if I immediately cancel I lose half my resource, even though I clicked biremes the sticky internet or hesitant grepolis saw it as transports. So I would like even a 10 second cancellation period to remedy this. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I once made like 25 biremes in my LS nuke city by accident and didn't realize until it was too late.

Great idea, it would alleviate a lot annoyed people. ;)

DeletedUser15946

Nice, this is bothering me sometimes while torrent is on

DeletedUser

there is one abuse for it though whats to stop players doing it when a attack is incoming and then waiting a few secs for attack to clear then canceling!
hence saving resources from the attackers and not losign anything themselves

DeletedUser8790

there is one abuse for it though whats to stop players doing it when a attack is incoming and then waiting a few secs for attack to clear then canceling!
hence saving resources from the attackers and not losign anything themselves

Hmmm, Did not think of that, then again If someone is willing to work that hard to save resources I say more power to them, especially with a 30 second or less window, Like dodging troops you can dodge resources, Sounds like a good thing

DeletedUser15946

You can always hide resources by putting them in marketplace, whit same very high trade rate and low trading time...

DeletedUser20764

this is good.... or just block this feature when troops are more than the allotted cancel time away...

DeletedUser

30 second no charge refund for creating troops!

Proposal: I ask that when you que a troop, that there be a 30 second grace period that you can cancel the item that you produced so that you can regain your losses if you make a mistake or the grepolis server refreshes and you accidentally make the wrong unit.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

No i have not.

Reason: Several times, i have qued a unit, lets say, Horsemen, and once i have qued them i want to make slingers, but as soon as i click slingers it refreshes and goes to swordsman and i accidentally que them... getting refunded a minimal amount... this has happened to me and a few players on thebes recently... i lost a cs build due to this.

Details: above ^

Visual Aids: none that i can see

Balance: fairer to players

Abuse Prevention: i dont see anything but im open to arguments/

Summary: Having the 30 second refund safe zone would prevent alot of players from making mistakes, and make the game a little bit easier and less frustrating.

Ideas or ways i can make this more appealing to the eye? its my first idea.

DeletedUser

Excellent suggestion! I've encountered this problem myself numerous times and such a safety procedure should only be implemented in all of Grepolis construction / training procedures!

DeletedUser23986

I agree, if you add this to harbour too, really hate making those transports !!!

DeletedUser23986

Yes yes yes, in that case. Real painful loosing resources in vain.

DeletedUser39931

brilliant idea
ive done it myself a few times and started building the wrong troops

DeletedUser8790

I suggested this two years ago and it was shot down, somehow there was a cheating loophole here, I think it had to due with queing troops and canceling as attacks hit, It seemed far fetched to me, but it did kill the idea, Nothing is more frustrating than making 50 slow transports because grepo is slow in loading, we all hate that.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?26332-Troop-Training-grace-period

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11965

Only way to prevent abuse is that the city under attack or is in revolt cannot be given a grace period.

DeletedUser

The mentioned 'cheating loophole' was the first thing that came to my mind when reading this suggestion. So I think this idea should probably not be implemented. What is of note here though, is that this issue of Grepolis refreshing when a player is queueing up troops/boats and the player getting stuck with swordsmen or slow trans is a problem that started with one of the updates a few months ago. Rather than a 'refund for mistakes' procedure being programmed into the game, what is needed here is a correction to the program change which happened that causes this problem. This refresh that changes what the player is attempting to recruit in the Barracks and Harbor is NOT a rare occurrence in the game. It is so frequent, that I see it at least 3-5 times daily and watch for it to happen diligently so as not to get caught building forces I did not want. Perhaps a better place for this discussion would be in the Bugs forum where we might see more input as to the frequency and get this put on the Developers 'to do' list of repairs.

DeletedUser8790

The mentioned 'cheating loophole' was the first thing that came to my mind when reading this suggestion. So I think this idea should probably not be implemented. What is of note here though, is that this issue of Grepolis refreshing when a player is queueing up troops/boats and the player getting stuck with swordsmen or slow trans is a problem that started with one of the updates a few months ago. Rather than a 'refund for mistakes' procedure being programmed into the game, what is needed here is a correction to the program change which happened that causes this problem. This refresh that changes what the player is attempting to recruit in the Barracks and Harbor is NOT a rare occurrence in the game. It is so frequent, that I see it at least 3-5 times daily and watch for it to happen diligently so as not to get caught building forces I did not want. Perhaps a better place for this discussion would be in the Bugs forum where we might see more input as to the frequency and get this put on the Developers 'to do' list of repairs.

Actually this is not a new thing, hence my suggestion from 2 years ago, This can be a result of slow internet connections as well, which is out of innogame control. Personally, If someone wants to save resources when under attack by quick queing and canceling, more power to them. I personally would not

DeletedUser30636

i don't see why we don't get a full refund all the time? how would that be abused? how would people cheat is what I don't understand, for example if you queue 30 swords and you wait long enough until you have 15 of them, and you decide that you only want 15. Why cant you cancel the rest of the swords and get resources for the 15 swords that you paid for but didn't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.