Passed Troop Training, Research, and Building Construction Grace period

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Actually this is not a new thing, hence my suggestion from 2 years ago, This can be a result of slow internet connections as well, which is out of innogame control. Personally, If someone wants to save resources when under attack by quick queing and canceling, more power to them. I personally would not

And people cant just put there offers on the market? i agree with you, why would i que resources on troops and cancel them, when i can hide my resources in the market already or spend them on building and or send the resources elsewhere. good point.

The mentioned 'cheating loophole' was the first thing that came to my mind when reading this suggestion. So I think this idea should probably not be implemented. What is of note here though, is that this issue of Grepolis refreshing when a player is queueing up troops/boats and the player getting stuck with swordsmen or slow trans is a problem that started with one of the updates a few months ago. Rather than a 'refund for mistakes' procedure being programmed into the game, what is needed here is a correction to the program change which happened that causes this problem. This refresh that changes what the player is attempting to recruit in the Barracks and Harbor is NOT a rare occurrence in the game. It is so frequent, that I see it at least 3-5 times daily and watch for it to happen diligently so as not to get caught building forces I did not want. Perhaps a better place for this discussion would be in the Bugs forum where we might see more input as to the frequency and get this put on the Developers 'to do' list of repairs.

^ makes sense, although my connection is perfect, usually running more then 100mbps and i have high speed cables... i agree also that grep should not auto refresh after queing, this infact happened to me YET again today, i qued 115 slingers, and wanted to make 50 hoplites but instead made 65 swords... cancelled them, and could only make 25 hoplites with the refunded resources...

DeletedUser27700

Hey guys, as this was suggested before I have merged the 2 threads.
Please continue to discuss this as you wish, but if you have a separate idea please create a new thread.

Thanks

DeletedUser27700

In a nutshell, once it gets enough positive responses, it will be up for consideration to move into voting.
If it gets enough votes there, it will be passed to the developers.

DeletedUser

So shouldn't this be passed easily? Cause this is actually a good thing? I mean the human error of accidentally clicking something is normal among everyone. That's why we have cancel available when sending an attack or support right cause in the event that you make a mistake you can cancel without penalty.

Or is there a down side to this that I have failed to see? :heh:

DeletedUser

i dont think there could be a negative contribution, as said before, if players want to make troops to hide resources, good for them, i just put my offers on the market at a 3:1 ratio...

Other then that, i dont see a problem, but i will wait :D

DeletedUser38224

I totally want this implemented :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe this question has already been answered but I'll go ahead and ask.

During this "grace period" would it give you 100% of the resources back?

Also, I think 30 seconds is a little too long imho. Why would it take you 30 seconds to press a little 'x'?

PS: I don't have anything negative about this idea though. Keep up the discussion!

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Maybe this question has already been answered but I'll go ahead and ask.

During this "grace period" would it give you 100% of the resources back?

Also, I think 30 seconds is a little too long imho. Why would it take you 30 seconds to press a little 'x'?

PS: I don't have anything negative about this idea though. Keep up the discussion!

~ Lane

honestly, your correct, it could be 10 seconds, but i was just allowing the 30 seconds for slower players who may be tired from staying up all night from ops who dont realise what there doing :p

DeletedUser

Give 5 seconds if you really want, just please implement this. I'm so tired of the page refreshing when I finally click build and I've suddenly wasted everything on Swordies and cancelling it instantly just loses me resources. People who want to hide their resources go into the market, they don't build troops.

Or if you really want to stop people doing this to avoid being farmed, make it a limit of two free cancels per day.

DeletedUser11965

I'm all for this update now, I just accidentally hit train 170 swords...lol..

DeletedUser

yes, yes, yes, yes! I clicked transport boats instead of CS just the other day... in Beta

DeletedUser

Good idea. This almost happened to me also...
I think it should be done for both troops and navy. 30 seconds ain't too much, from a mobile it's even short. Also, orders should be cancelable until max delay is reached or first unit done, there could be some loopholes if time is cut half several times or it's a high speed world.
I don't believe in the attack problem. If I want to save some ressources from an attack, I send them to another city :)
Or the market place, or use them in some building order, or send them to the farming villages. Not recruiting units I don't want (which would also be incomplete unless ressources are exactly balanced for that kind of units).

DeletedUser

After two years and no one disagreeing, surely this wouldn't be hard to implement

Status
Not open for further replies.