Rejected Troops Dismissal Option

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

Proposal:

I would like to suggest a disband army option.

Have I checked the do not suggest and suggested ideas:

I have, and I did not see anything of the sort. If I missed it please let me know and Ill drop the idea.

Reason:

I think that it is a real pain to have to kill off the army. This way it would be a simple few clicks and you can have free population and ability to completely switch the city type (meaning if I had a lightship city that I wanted to be slings I would disband the ships, get all the population back, and start spending on slings).

Details:

The way it would work is you click on the barracks or harbor (depending on the type of unit) and on the far right there would be a box with a drop-down selection. Select your unit, select the amount (it would have a number box and that slide bar) and once you have the unit and number selected you hit the X. You do not get any reimbursement of resources, only population. Once you do this you will have a 5 minute time to cancel, once the 5 minutes are up, the troops are gone and your receive the population.

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:

It wont mess with any other feature to my knowledge and doesn't give any player an exact advantage.

Abuse:

It cant be abused, unless someone magically hacks your account and destroys your troops, which in that case is most likely your own fault for giving information out and Innogames is not responsible for that.

Summary:

Basically just another option to get rid of troops without having to kill them off

Questions?

What happens if I accidentally do this? You can try to cancel it in the 5 minutes given, if you dont, I'm sorry for your loss.

Will I get any BP or any other rewards or prize for doing this? No, nothing is given except the population (Unless Innogames wants to put a reward(something like “You have successfully wasted 50000 units!”)

Any other question I will answer later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

BTW- please dont kill me if this is already implemented...lol...just tell me where it is and how to do it if it is already in-game.

DeletedUser

but getting free pop by attacking someone else is better thfan just killing them of

DeletedUser8396

Im just saying, it makes no sense not to have it...I personally wouldn't want to attack an enemy with that, lose everything, and basically proclaim "HEY COME ATTACK Y EMPTY CITY!"

DeletedUser8396

But if I do it my way I dont have 3 problems:

1. It takes time to send
2. not really a problem in sorts but i want them gone so: what if I win?
3. They wont know I am empty on troops

Dude, it doesn't matter how you want to get rid of your troops, personally i'd do it my way...you may do it your way, it comes down to preference and I am suggesting my preference to it, it doesnt come down to right wrong ways of play...it comes down to usability and different ways to succeed in the game

DeletedUser20764

he has a point, i would like to be able to dismiss....

DeletedUser8396

It all depends on you style of gameplay...you may like the idea, you may not, I honestly think it is to not be able to...

Can the generals not say "hey go home...we dont want you anymore" or did they magically lose the ability to say that?

DeletedUser17088

An interesting idea, but it is funny when someone builds 20 transports instead of biremes (for example) and don't realise until the next day :D

DeletedUser

i wouldn't really go for this coz i'd want to get some BP from the troops :)

DeletedUser

this had been suggested before, oddly, if you have checked the do not suggest list, it should be on there, because if memory serves, it was beaten down.

i wouldn't really go for this coz i'd want to get some BP from the troops :)

i personally dont see why you would want to dissmiss troops, i would use them, like pythagorus said.

so, sadly, no.

DeletedUser

This is a great idea to have because would you have the choice not to attack someone and receive the population you want. If it is something you would rather not do, then don't use, simply as that. But it should be available for those who need it.

DeletedUser

An interesting idea, but it is funny when someone builds 20 transports instead of biremes (for example) and don't realise until the next day :D

I hate it when I add something like transports to the queue, then add something else after it.. can't just cancel the transports, because I'd have to cancel whatever's training afterwards too, and waste more resources.

As for this idea, I think it would be a good addition to the game. As long as there's no benefit to be had from doing it (ie, no reimbursement of resources), that is.

DeletedUser

i like this im just positive its been brought up before . . . let me check

DeletedUser

found it ^_^

Decommission Units

i will talk to the boss man about it and see wat happened with the devs :) until then the thread is closed but will remain in the developments section

Status
Not open for further replies.