Troy Alliances as Game of Thrones Houses

DeletedUser

For those of you who also watch Game of Thrones (GoT) and think it is pretty much awesome, here is a little fun comparing the great Alliances of Troy & the Houses of GoT.

**Warning, contains some spoilers, sort of**
Also, I haven't read the books so this is purely off as far as the television show goes.

House Lannister -- Clearly is No Rules. (For argument sake, I'm considering King Joffrey as a Lannister) The parallels are very strong, firstly the Lannisters control the Iron Throne just as NR controls the core and nearly every statistical category we can invent. We took the world by storm and aren't looking to give it up. Plenty of people out there think it's the evil empire of sorts but the more you get to know us the more you might like!

House Baratheon -- Has to be The Noble Experiment. They started everything off joined together with the Lannisters/ NR but after some time wore on and disagreements formed they pulled out into their own opposition movement. Just like Stannis Baratheon, they are the most serious contender for the throne and have even made some ballsy assaults that have put them into good position only to be fought back.
Another parallel is the momentary split between TNE and The Kamikaze Experiment is just like how the two Baratheon brothers Stannis & Renly didn't fight together until some crazy smoke demon monster came into play. I'm going to assume that monster would be Lep, mostly because I can.

House Stark -- Has to be ISIS Conquerors. The Stark & Tully (Hyperborea) alliance put up a good fight against the Lannisters. They won battles and gained ground by surprise but somehow could never come out ahead in the war. Unfortunately when their allies began to fall apart things went south real quick for them. (More in House Tully)

House Tully -- As stated above, Hyperborea's marriage to IC made them a formidable opponent to No Rules. They presented a serious threat but after the Red Wedding/ Monsters Inc being dismantled they were dead in the water. Too many enemies and the ones who were supposed to help them left them out to the mercy of No Rules. And No Rules was not merciful.

House Greyjoy -- A scrappy bunch we all know as Killer AntraX. At one point beaten down into submission, they came back with a vengeance. The small group of raiders set their sights on an area and fought tooth and nail for every inch they gained. Geographical similarity of fighting out of the North-west as well. I think it'd be fair to say KA's motto would be "We do not sow".

House Targaryen -- The dark horse House Targaryen, an alliance that's kind of out there but could come out and surprise everyone. Everyone suspects they are pretty good, Ghost Pirates. Ghost Pirates, like Daenarys were just chilling out at the edge of the known world fighting their way for survival until one day they realized they were a top 10 alliance with a history of throwing others around. They punched the War Dogs directly in the throat just like Daenarys kicked Qarth and the slave states around like a dead horse. Do they make it to WW world in good position? Will Daenarys make it back to Westeros? A lot of questions remain to be answered about them.

House Frey -- As stated above this is the Monsters Inc/LLC group. It all started off so nice; MI, Hyper & IC fighting NR together and gaining some pretty good ground. The combined forces were to be reckoned with. However, the good times couldn't last forever and MI disbanding was the death blow for Hyper & Isis.

House Tyrell -- House of Troy. A large group who is doing whatever it takes just to try and make it to the end. They've had pity taken on them by many of the larger houses like NR who haven't snuffed them out. However, the only way they make an impact in any way are those who marry into a better house/ jump ship to another alliance.

House Arryn -- Thermal Resistance. At one point House Arryn/ TR was working together with all of the other allies to help out fighting the powers of the world. But eventually after the safety net of neutrality around them collapsed they got scared and started hiding behind their castle walls. TR sits high and mighty far from much else and is content to hide while wild tribes (Demi-Gods & other tiny alliances) plunder villages and steal cities from under their nose. Probably going to be a contender when things come to a head at WW time but... they'll suck.

Thanks for reading, comment what you think about this hastily constructed idea below!

DeletedUser30111

Does this mean I have to join TNE now? Haha

I especially like the TR/House Arryn parallel

DeletedUser

No worries Sable, you can just be King Joffrey. He is both Baratheon & Lannister... sort of

DeletedUser

This is awesome stuff KC! :) Love Game of thrones and love this

I'm going to assume that monster would be Lep, mostly because I can.
Lol...but it does make sense ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honest, I'm just happy other people are Game of Thrones fans! (I'm still rooting for Stannis, he is just too much of a hardcore man to fail!)

DeletedUser

Great post mate, I would have put them a bit differently though... Thought we wud have been stark but reading your post and knowing the series I ended up agreeing that it was more IC. However I think these changes wud have worked as well

KA= Baratheon
TNE= Targaryen
GP= Wildlings (since we in North and atm we are attacking a wall of def :D without much form or organisation)

DeletedUser

only just seen this somehow

i'm a huge GoT fan and i've read the books twice over(i'm for stannis as well) the comparisons here are impressive

would +rep but i need to spread it around, you should do one for players, for instance muw would be "king" joffrey

DeletedUser

Hmm, I think I may have to do one for the players. Although there are sooooo many people in both the books and in Troy. That one might need to be a collaborative effort lol I don't know if I have it in me

DeletedUser

Hmm, I think I may have to do one for the players. Although there are sooooo many people in both the books and in Troy. That one might need to be a collaborative effort lol I don't know if I have it in me

haha, please do it

i don't know if i know enough about the players outside of NR to help

and i don't want to give away any spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How does this sound, I'll start a new thread for Troy Players as Game of Thrones Characters.

I'll work on creating some profiles of people in NR as Lannisters and people do players from their own alliances (I don't know personalities and such in their alliances). That way we can get a nice list going without me haphazardly making overly vague assumptions from my limited interactions with other alliances.

And we end up with a nice beautiful list we can all laugh at, relate to, and bicker about!