Troy Awards

DeletedUser

Most likely to send an ill-advised all out attack while intoxicated: KC8555
It's happened more times than I'm proud to admit

DeletedUser

Most likely to send an ill-advised all out attack while intoxicated: KC8555
It's happened more times than I'm proud to admit

Its happened to all of us ;) being honest I am sure that a lot of players in this game are intoxicated in some fashion when they play, not always though...

DeletedUser

I can't count the number of times I wake up in the morning (or early afternoon..) to see the aftermath of sending ludicrous attacks and just shaking my head.

DeletedUser31212

Best player: Muwa, have seen him from the start and apart from being a fantastic player he's a genuinely good person.
Worst player: Depends on what the term worst means. Someone who knows the game and yet plays like a noob or someone who's new and doesn't know how to play. Either way i don't know any so far.
Best alliance: NR.
Worst alliance(must be top 10): TR. Never considered them worthy of being an alliance.
Best forum personality: Mufc. Without him all the ridiculous threads would never be here :D. Makes the externals fun for everyone. Thank you Mufc. ;)
Worst forum personality: None.
Biggest turtle: EricusII.
Best attacker: Ex-players, Tatang Len, Gilliusmaximus. Current players, Muwatalli, Jerry, sable, darny.
Best leader/founder: Muwa. He's held NR this far which says it all.
Worst leader/founder: Me, for dissolving ex-Antrax when we were being whopped by 24th Legion. :D

DeletedUser

Final Awards

ok everybody, here we go

drumroll...

Best player... a tie between ryan1066 and Muwatalli II

Worst player... another tie, this time between kevski ecclesakes and ANAXANDRIDASII

Best alliance... No Rules, won by a mile and took 58.33% of the vote

Worst alliance... Thermal Resistance, took 41.67% of the vote

Best forum personality... mufc1999, remarkably this guy (anyone know who he is) took 50% of the vote

Worst forum personality.. -C2-, took 42.86% of the vote, does anyone know for sure who he/she was?

Biggest turtle... punch drunk, took 44.44% of the vote

Best attcker... 77B2BK, took 35.71% of the vote

Best leader/founder...Muwatalli II, took 42.86% of the vote

Worst leader/founder... mystery Thermal Resistance leader, took 50% of the vote

so what do we think?

personally i think most of it is correct, worst forum personality was probably an unfair one to put in as i think everyone likes each other...sometimes

how should we split the ties? we can't have joint winners

please correct me if i have miscounted the votes

DeletedUser37990

lol at thread...

Biggest turtle: Punch Drunk, does the Kevski thing but is even worse. Creates nothing but defense, only 24K in ABP. Weak as all can be.

Weak? LMAO!! Ever see anyone with an award for 100,000 died honorably supporting allies?? I have it.

I also have almost 900,000 NR dead units on my wall and have sniped 37 nr cs's. Sure I build lots of defense and see lots of action. Mostly in other peeps cities.

As far as TR citiy losses. A LARGE % is inactive peeps we don't bother removing. But whatever makes you all feel good - go with it.

You all enjoy your thread. Looks like lots of fun!

EDIT: Come get some KC8555.. Just you against me. Leave those that carry you out of it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

Weak? LMAO!! Ever see anyone with an award for 100,000 died honorably supporting allies?? I have it.

I have that one, and I've had it for 6 months and I'm still able to get some decent abp?

I also have almost 900,000 NR dead units on my wall and have sniped 37 nr cs's. Sure I build lots of defense and see lots of action. Mostly in other peeps cities.

You guys haven't sniped anything. Since ISIS ghosted there hasn't been a single TR city that I wasn't easily able to take if I wanted it, the only reason I haven't taken more is that I'm not expanding in O45.

As far as TR citiy losses. A LARGE % is inactive peeps we don't bother removing. But whatever makes you all feel good - go with it.
Also wrong, everyone once in a while we hold a TR op to clear out an area, mostly O45, and we haven't had an op take less than 20 cities. Also TR members don't have to be inactive to easily take a city. I've farmed some of your top members for bp, your support system is just bad

DeletedUser

I have that one, and I've had it for 6 months and I'm still able to get some decent abp?

You guys haven't sniped anything. Since ISIS ghosted there hasn't been a single TR city that I wasn't easily able to take if I wanted it, the only reason I haven't taken more is that I'm not expanding in O45.

Also wrong, everyone once in a while we hold a TR op to clear out an area, mostly O45, and we haven't had an op take less than 20 cities. Also TR members don't have to be inactive to easily take a city. I've farmed some of your top members for bp, your support system is just bad

don't scare him away ;), it's nice to have some TR on the forums

punch drunk, this game is for attacking, even INNO want it that way, and i'm guessing KC was talking about your attacking

DeletedUser30967

I thought you said we couldn't vote for our own alliance- 1/3 of Muwa's votes came from NR peeps!!1 I want a re-count of this rigged voting system :pro:

DeletedUser

I thought you said we couldn't vote for our own alliance- 1/3 of Muwa's votes came from NR peeps!!1 I want a re-count of this rigged voting system :pro:

don't know what you're talking about

check the first post ;)

DeletedUser37990

Sable. Why post lies?

NR is built on gold and many peeps who backstabbed their pards. Some spies. Some refugees... Nothing to be proud of.

Sure I play defense/ makes zero senseto build slinger cities - you know - the easy ones to conquer..

This stuff is why I and MANY people don't visit these forums.

You all have a nice day. As for Troy - I'm hoping come WW time people just quit like I plan on and kill the server. :)

DeletedUser

Hey there Punch, yes when I was referring to being weak I referred to your attacking statistics. I just don't believe the game is meant to be played just defense-you're missing half the fun of the game!

Idk about other NR players, but I don't use gold so I'm fighting straight up.

As for backstabbing-I only left Gaugamela once it was me, about 3 other actives and all VM people. I didn't join TR as I was lobbying for us to fight TR before they joined up with us. I've always been an enemy to TR, when I was a Redwood Original, when I was in Gaugamela, and when I am in NR.

TR is the reason why Gaugamela failed. The second any adversity came, they skipped out of the alliance and never looked back.

You and I could play a game Punch, I'll send you a message of a slinger city or two (the easy ones to conquer) and you take it!

This is my offer. By the way, it is genuinely good to see you in the forums though! We need some more TR members in here to make things more fun :)

DeletedUser37990

Well Hello KC

I was in Redwood.. Gaug.. Hyper.. and now TR.

As for defensive player. I have never had the luxury of being in a position to be an offensive player.

But how about you come see me... NR mostly bypasses my cities. Well anyway you all have your thread back. I've said all that needed to be said.

DeletedUser

Punch, here is my logic for not attacking you:

-You're all defense & pretty much have everything stacked-I try to get good BP ratios when I attack, your cities wouldn't afford that.

-I can skip over your cities with no danger to myself. As you said you're a defensive player so you pose no threat even if you're on a neighboring island.

-The problem with you being mostly defense for your alliance is that you don't keep people like me honest in creating defense. A battle in Grepolis favors the defense, but the war favors the offense.

I'm sure your tactics work fine for you, but if you don't go offensive (even if you are fantastic at supporting allies) you're doing yourself and your alliance a disservice as someone like me can build up more offensive cities (the easy ones to conquer) with no fear of having to defend them. Eventually I'll find the cities of inactives or someone while they are offline and be able to sneak it away. Thus I can build up quicker as I don't have to build up colonized cities. Your way of playing is a legitimate way of playing, but like I said you can help your alliance out more by at least being a little more aggressive on the offensive end. This is just my opinion, if you feel like my logic is flawed, please let me know.

DeletedUser

Well played ninja edits- well played. Even Chuck Norris would be impressed ;)

thank you, thank you

punch drunk, are you suggesting that TR is a gold free alliance?

NR has its gold users, but it also has plenty of non-gold users just like any alliance

DeletedUser30111

Sorry punch, didn't mean to scare you away :D
But you lay down your opinion, I lay down mine, then we argue a bit and nothing happens, that's what the grep forums are all about, haha.
Anyways, I'd like to say that, yes you have had the luxury of being an offensive player, in Hyper you were one of the players with the best position to attack us and for a while Hyper was actively attacking us, but you chose to play defensively and turtle up, I agree with KC you are missing the fun and really the point of the game. With the activity you show in defending I'm sure you'd be a great attacker, but now that you are with an alliance that has completely turtled, no you aren't in a position to attack, you'd get very little accomplished, so maybe convince others to attack with you? :)

DeletedUser

Looks like he got frightened off... Dang it was nice to have a voice for TR for a change.