Troy dream team

DeletedUser

idea stolen from zakros

which 10 players from troy would form your dream alliance, past and present

i won't impose any rules as i know everyone revolts and i have to take them away if i do ;)

mine's would be

1.77b2bk-anyone hazard a guess why? destroys everyone else in terms of abp
2. ryan1066- from what i've seen and heard he knows so many things about grepolis he could write a book
3. muwatalli II- i've been in a lot of great alliances with tons of great players, but he's one of just 2 who i have seen found a top alliance and be one of the best players in the world
4. leopard55- no.1 fighter, no.3 attacker and i can imagine he's fun in the forums, i'd have to think of a replacement for lep after he leaves my alliance for the enemy though ;)
5.phlatalus- no.5 attacker but 23rd in rankings
6. punch drunk- strange one perhaps, but if you don't defend you don't win and punch drunk can definitely defend, he'd have to become more attacking though....
7. olympyumarius- went away from troy then came back and grew so quickly i couldn't believe it, even if he already had the slots it still took a lot of doing
8.mikelb11- he wasn't one of the worlds best players or anything, but he taught me the game....does that make him a bad teacher :p
9.belaze- without him i would have a. not got into NR and b. had my city conquered
10. supermuerto- wrote the definitive guide to grepolis"Help the blues, kill the reds. Kill the-insert masked profanity- out of them!"

this isn't in order of who i would pick

and to finish i want to ask a question

if the best 10 players in every world went up against each other as alliances, how would troy fare?

in fact i'm going to post that in the acropolis, obviously without the troy part

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37990

ok I'll play!

In no particular order: My list could have easily been 20. Lots of good players in Troy.

Leopard55 - Don't know him - his stats says it all.
77b2bk - Big numbers
Tarra29 - I have fought vs most of NR's heavy hitters and active players. Tarra stands out - Tactical excellence.
HeavensDevils - retired from Troy - one of my main running mates before Hyper ghosting. Fighter and team player and had fun win or lose.
Harbinger I - team player and tough fighter. offense and defense.
RadLPN - Good leader, excellent team player and friendly dude. Has good all around bp numbers too.
UNDERWORLD MASTER - another team player and active fighter.
anshumali - He obviously wars but I don't see him posting for help in the forums. He just handles it.
- ZAMA - - Hyper founder - retired from Troy. He is a grepo player thru and thru. Offense - defense. He brought it all.
mufc1999 - I enjoy your posts. Friendly guy. I fondly remember a city clearing nuke he must have spent a couple weeks building that he threw at my city "of wolf and man". It died painfully. :)

Congrats to Muwa and NR for your Troy successes. Been a lot of fun killing your stuff.

Cheers!

DeletedUser

mufc1999 - I enjoy your posts. Friendly guy. I fondly remember a city clearing nuke he must have spent a couple weeks building that he threw at my city "of wolf and man". It died painfully. :)

Cheers!

:( i remember that

DeletedUser

Ok, here is my dream team. Like others, it will be full of people from my own alliance, I'm adding an honorable mention at the bottom for some excellent players that I didn't include in my 10. These are in no particular order, but I've put TNE players 1st.

1. Dodge149: One of top players in Troy without a doubt. In my opinion was always the toughest player in MI and has become stronger in TNE.

2. Steve2568: Great leader, attacker, and defender. A big part of the backbone of TNE.

3. Leopard55/Boom Tyrant: 2 great players that have played this account. Very happy that Lep was willing to pass on his masterpiece of bp, attacker/defender of the day awards, and cities. Will be interesting to see Boom carry on his legacy.

4. Mal/Old Bone Collector: Founder/Primary Leader of TNE. Excellent strategist and diplomat and equally good attacker. For sure one of my all time favorite alliance partners.

5. AJ4J: Flies under the radar a bit, but when it's time to attack/defend is as reliable as they come. Excellent leader who has great insight into the game and doesn't mince his words.

6. gbg1: Similar to AJ in being extremely reliable. Pretty much leads the Southern portion of TNE and is a great person. Always willing to help out alliance mates.

7. Muwa: Great player/leader, as good as they come. Enjoys friendly banter, but needs to learn to move his LS out of 65-2 GA-A ;)

8. Babacool: Very strong player, very active and keeps the game fun. Her teammates all love her for good reason. Pumps a little too much gold into her wall after you knock it down ;)

9. SFHITMAN: Don't know him/her at all, but has about 2x as many cities/points as everyone else near the top of the ranks. Is always good to have someone that can suck up the inactive cities.

10. eam132: Great leader/attacker who has led GP to become a powerful rim alliance.

Honorable mention: 77B2Bk, sablestag, Darny 17, JerryMC, Phlatulus, asterking, Tloh, Johnny Trouble, nicky dynamite, Kurtis 86, 2plus2is5, Inigo-Montoya

DeletedUser

Leopard is included in all of them :D Happy days! :)

I truly cannot choose from soo many great fighters and leaders in this world, I would need more then 10 ;)

i'd have to think of a replacement for lep after he leaves my alliance for the enemy though ;)
I see what u mean..good point :D (people catch on to my strategy so fast)

DeletedUser

Leopard is included in all of them :D Happy days! :)

I truly cannot choose from soo many great fighters and leaders in this world, I would need more then 10 ;)

I see what u mean..good point :D (people catch on to my strategy so fast)

see this is what happens when you make rules around here :p

pleeeeeease lep, you've played with both TNE and NR so it would be fascinating

DeletedUser30967

see this is what happens when you make rules around here :p

pleeeeeease lep, you've played with both TNE and NR so it would be fascinating

Most of us in TNE played in NR- we left NR to form TNE :p

DeletedUser

Before I put much time into thinking about it and actually making a list, I'd like to give a shout out to some of the best players I was with in Gaugamela.
-Dirt Napper had a ridiculous amount of cities, I don't know how well he did when it came to defending or fighting actives but he built up and fast.
-Eryos was another solid player who was also a great teacher to new players like myself.
-Markus Wolf was a rabid attacker and gained ABP at a pace that neared ludicrous.
-Renvante was another one who was an ABP monster and is still able to be found a lot further up the ranks in offense than you'd ever realistically expect a player whose been out of a world for 8 months.
-Thorondorf was just a really good team player and friend to have. He put the team first and I'm glad that after a lot of work I was able to acquire his original city and keep it still named outside of my usual scheme in his honor.

DeletedUser37990

Before I put much time into thinking about it and actually making a list, I'd like to give a shout out to some of the best players I was with in Gaugamela.
-Dirt Napper had a ridiculous amount of cities, I don't know how well he did when it came to defending or fighting actives but he built up and fast.
-Eryos was another solid player who was also a great teacher to new players like myself.
-Markus Wolf was a rabid attacker and gained ABP at a pace that neared ludicrous.
-Renvante was another one who was an ABP monster and is still able to be found a lot further up the ranks in offense than you'd ever realistically expect a player whose been out of a world for 8 months.
-Thorondorf was just a really good team player and friend to have. He put the team first and I'm glad that after a lot of work I was able to acquire his original city and keep it still named outside of my usual scheme in his honor.

They been gone so long they never even came to mind. You are right though. I have played with all these here and in other worlds too (Redwood O) and they are a great bunch of players.

DeletedUser30967

i won't impose any rules as i know everyone revolts and i have to take them away if i do ;)

You already made a rule that you wouldn't make any rules....

shhh, now you've undermined me as starter of this thread
mal is now not allowed to post in this thread ;)

So this rule is null and void :p

And I'll be posting my top 10 in a bit :pro:

DeletedUser

undermining me again!

your top 10 better be good....

You already made a rule that you wouldn't make any rules....

So this rule is null and void :p

And I'll be posting my top 10 in a bit :pro:

double posting i know ..but saintedstarr doesn't mind, at least i hope not

are you ever going to post your top 10 ;)

EDIT: i guess saintedstarr does mind

DeletedUser37990

I can't believe this thread isn't active. It's where we can actually pay props and respects to our fellow gamers. Guess peeps just rather smear others to feel good about themselves.

DeletedUser30111

I can't believe this thread isn't active. It's where we can actually pay props and respects to our fellow gamers. Guess peeps just rather smear others to feel good about themselves.

I didn't write mine because I thought it being NR heavy would bother people, but I'll try to stay low on my NR numbers

Muwatalli - Still the best leader I've seen in the game, and now that I know how hard it is to handle some of the stuff he did early game I respect some of the moves he made even more, and every good team needs a good leaders
Ryan - In my mind Ryan is the brain behind TNE, also a very good player in his own right. Unfortunately haven't gotten to see that much first hand
Phineaus - Because after a year I wouldn't know how to play without an angry chef to yell at me
Eam - Started on the rim and has caught up to me in just about everything, plus seems like a cool person to play with as well
Baba - To be the voice of reason
Lep - To keep things fresh, you never know what will happen when Lep's around
Phlatulus - Great attacker and fun player as well, seen him pull some crazy moves
Harbinger I - If half the players in Troy were as committed to continuing this world and hating NR as much as harbinger, Troy would look completely different
Kurtis - Haven't fought much personally with him, because we are opposite sides of the world, but he seems to me like a good player as well as a good leader
Paisad - Not many players have taken cities from me, and when he did, I was impressed by his attacking, more-so than anyone else who's really attacked me in TNE

I only included current players, because it would have been too hard to do with past players.

DeletedUser

Difficult to give much credit to NR as I have rarely been revolted by them but have enjoyed some good BP battles in Oc 53. I gifted a city to Darny but that was a about it.

1) Ryan1066- great player, no doubt about it. Fought with him many a time before moving to TNE from MI. A player capable of gaining 200k ABP in one day (with double BP running but still very impressive). Capable of making 35+ revolts between us in 1 day on a BP run.

2) Tloh- Great Defender and active player. He plays on his mobile most the time with a cracked screen and still puts people in their place.

3) 77B2BK- Credit where credit is due. Seems to be the powerhouse behind NR and has done a great job of causing trouble in Oc 74 successfully. His BP ranking speaks for itself.

4) Steve2568- One I consider to be one of the top attackers in this world and certainly in TNE. Very rarely fails to get a city which he wants. Lines up attacks to perfection with no chance of a snipe. Has taken cities from some of the top players in this world even though he is smaller.

5) 2plus2isfive- Backbone to GP, especially in terms of defense. Joined the world 2 months after it started
like myself but has still made it to the top of the BP ranking.

6) eam132- The reason (mentally) behind GP. Joined the world even later than myself and has done a great job of running GP and proving their worth. Also a good amount of BP on a consistent basis.

7) Leopard55- Made it into everyones list for good reason. Great fighter and knows how to accumulate BP. By making as many enemies as possible in a world with a smile on his face. Would be good to see him return.

8) Muwatalli II- I've never come up against him but from what I've seen great fighter by power. Also able to manipulate everyone so they are weak at the knees. Like a good looking women (Can those people not see reality haha). Seems to have most the world at his feet (not inclusive of GP or TNE). Some dirty tactics though such as lying, using people and bullying others to join him (Guaga, Hyper and now KA) which I believe makes the game dishonest and uneven.

9) kurtis86- Solely because he is an Arsenal fan (like myself). Hit him when Arsenal FC are playing (like CurlyPaul did) and you will get his city (probably shouldn't have said that haha). I like the way he rubs Muwa's back when he feels cold. Haven't seen much commendable on the battlefield though, even though we have a lot of cities close (I think he Turtled). Must have ABP for a reason though.

10) I would like to break this one up slightly: JohnnyTrouble- Good attacker and player. I love the way he is obviously on British time wakes up at 8am in the morning and hits everyone he can see on US time. Gains some great BP and goes back to sleep for a week. O Mighty One- However much NR/KA try to take his cities he rarely fails to lose any, but seems to always come away with 100k+ DBP (and he isn't a turtle as he has plenty of Offence). Cerroespinado- One of the most loyal and great players I've come across in the game. A dark horse (the spanish master) is always there when you need him, and least expect it both defensively and offensively. Maleficient/Old Bone Collector- Unfortunately I haven't had much chance to fight against or with as she had to leave for reason inbetween. Undoubtedly a great diplomat and brings the game a lot of fun. Inigo-Montoya- Obviously on US Western time. Goes to bed at 8am gametime and wakes up at 2pm gametime like clockwork, but a great fighter none-the-less. Has cause much trouble on TNE's Northern front.

I await the time others of you make it into my top 9 and a half :)

DeletedUser30111

Aww this is supposed to be a nice thread Dodge, all your NR picks have slights against the players all through them

DeletedUser

well for me i think just about everyone in TNE & NR are awesome :) . and some others in other alliances .

DeletedUser

I did try to be balanced. Mentioning people from all alliances worthy of a mention. I did tee it up that I didn't have a lot of positives about NR but tried my best. There is a bit of banter and taunting there but apart from that quite fair. No negatives on 77B2BK ;)

To be honest there are so many players I still have not mentioned. Like gbg1, who Is an absolute hero within TNE for so many players. As well as players I haven't come up against much who I know are good such as Nicky dynamite, Phlat, Darny and yourself Sable. I'll let someone else have a go now :)

DeletedUser30967

Like everyone else, my list is heavy on people in my alliance, but well, they're counsel member for a reason- tough to put the reasons into words why the TNE guys made the list. I <3 them all for many reasons. We're an all around well oiled machine and each person has their intrical role they play that has helped make TNE the alliance it is. Tough to limit it to just 10 too, 20 would have been easier, so tried to keep to people currently playing or recently retired. And have a hunch half of the people from earlier in the world that I'd include on this list, most wouldn't remember anyway. And since I don't have favorites, I made my list alphabetical order :p

AJ - Beyond just being a great player, is dependable and true blue. Without a word will appear as support when needed or on an assist to attack, and always up for the shenanigans that help keep the game fun :)

Aster - My backbone and backbone of TNE for a long time. My right hand in many ways and core leader. Awesome attacker and the sniper king. His amazing snipe skills have saved more TNE cities than I care to disclose :p

Boom - My second world playing with him, and master of all things. I could write a book on why he's on the list, but that the spirit he infused in TNE while playing before, has lasted through to the end, says more about him than anything else.

Eam - I've been thoroughly impressed with what I've seen from him in such a short time. Reminds me of me in the early days of TNE. Can never have too many people like me in an alliance ;)

Ephy - Awesome player, great sense of humor, and good leader. One of the few enemies that gave me a run for my money, and my favorite frienemy. He would have made the perfect edition to TNE.

G - My attack buddy since the first day. One of the few who could keep up with me while out BP hunting. All around awesome player, great leader and voice of reason. Like Aster, part of the back bone of TNE for long time.

Leopard - Every leader needs a pet Leopard, need I say more?

Ry - I've yet to see him not take a city he wants. As I've said many times, Ry's the man, if he can't do it, no one can! Great voice of reason, and WW expert, without him we wouldn't have made this far.

Sable - One of the players I respect most from NR. Always a straight shooter, and fair play. He's a great players, good leader, can stay objective and knows how to keep things fun. That he took the time to message me right away to clear the air when the IWW pact fell apart due to the EG split/DM merge always stuck with me. It's too bad he got stuck in NR though ;)

Tloh - master defender, best in the world in my option. For someone like me who loves to be on the offense, having Tloh has been a great compliment to keep the balance, wouldn't have it any other way!

Honorable mentions: Too hard to keep it to just 10 some more that I'd like on my team, but haven't played with as much to know as well are: Dodge & Steve - both have more than proved their worthiness of their positions in TNE and would add them both to my dream team in any world as well. Babs, Darny, Phlat, & Jerry - my favorite 'special' people and the fearsome foursome. Would add them to my dream team without question. And my team could never be complete without Tanuki- need someone to help me keep the boys in line and she was great at it ;)

Players from the days of yor that others may not remember: IcedDragon - Maleficent always had a dragon ;) CNoteG, dystruxia