Troy's Darwin Awards

DeletedUser

We've all had some form of contact with them. From angry messages sent after we've attacked their cities to attacks of 1 sword and one archer against your level 25 wall and 500+ army...and sometimes they go even farther than that. Yes, but this is the Hall of Shame for those who have committed the most ludicrous acts in the worlds of Grepolis.

Come and share your encounters, give everyone a laugh, and let's decide who, at the end of the world, deserves the grand prize among those born to the shallow ends of the gene pool.

Have fun and please no flaming of one another.

Happy hunting!

65200814405PM_darwin.jpg

DeletedUser

Does these count as darwins?

Its happened about three times. Players message me, then they ask for an invite or leader rights. I say your points are too low, or no. They go off. You have no life, you have zero friends, stop playing games and go do something. Which always make me laugh becasue they dont know me....

DeletedUser

lol Next time, Ichi, post their messages up here. I'd love to see them. :) But I know exactly what you mean. Or, they come back with "I grow sun enuff and I will smash ur city."

It really makes the literary spirit in me cringe.

DeletedUser

Yeah Ichi the people who are the most insecure in real life tend to say things along the lines of "you jelly bro because I get laid?" or "get a gf loser" I've had this happen with several people I cleared its rather hilarious

DeletedUser11965

Yeah Ichi the people who are the most insecure in real life tend to say things along the lines of "you jelly bro because I get laid?" or "get a gf loser" I've had this happen with several people I cleared its rather hilarious

you jelly bro because I get laid?

get a gf loser

DeletedUser

I've got one for you...after farming someone's city, this is the message they sent.

Hi,

We are playing WAR and you attacking me is cool, however, owning two cities on the same island makes for a poor building situation as you will have ONE farm trying to support two cities.

You should work towards attacking a city on another island.

The info I just shared is available in the forum under FAQ.

Good luck,

Dafster

DeletedUser

That doesn't belong here, it's actually very smart.
if only you put it here because you are just farming him, but he thinks you will take his city?

DeletedUser

Hello, Archijs. :) In a way, that message of Thren's does belong here, but for the reason that Dafster seemed to be under the impression her attack was going to lead to an attempt to conquer. He assumed that she was a new player rather than taking the time to discover if she is experienced in the game.

DeletedUser

That doesn't belong here, it's actually very smart.
if only you put it here because you are just farming him, but he thinks you will take his city?

I wasn't farming him..I attacked him once and it wasn't even a revolt, so yeah it kinda does belong here.

DeletedUser

This...is definitely deserving of a Darwin. I'm not seeing any pacts with EG and Skullduggery in place, yet I received this from one of their members (whom I've never spoken to before) concerning one of my alliance brethren's attacks.

powned4l on 2012-07-26 at 23:05
hey Lady can i ask for your assist elvishthemselve is revolting me and i need your help to ask him to stop your see if he is bluffing or not and tell to stop.

**Edit. I believe in this instance that I am the one who deserves the Darwin Award, not powned. At first, I didn't recognize this player...not at all. But, the more I thought about it, the more I realize just how familiar he actually is to me as powned was an alliance member with me from the very beginning of Troy and is now in Skullduggery. For that, powned, I owe you an apology as now I understand why you had contacted me out of the blue.

And yes, I gladly accept my own Darwin Award as I've definitely earned it in this instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22423

I seems more like he just though you might be nice and help him. So what did you do? Send the old :pro: letter or just ignore?

DeletedUser

Usually, I'd have sent a letter explaining my reasons why I won't act upon the request. This time I didn't. Why didn't he speak with his alliance for support? Why contact me when he doesn't know me and has never spoken with me? Why not contact the leader of EG, which is what many would have done?

**Edit: Refer to my above post.

DeletedUser

Usually, I'd have sent a letter explaining my reasons why I won't act upon the request. This time I didn't. Why didn't he speak with his alliance for support? Why contact me when he doesn't know me and has never spoken with me? Why not contact the leader of EG, which is what many would have done?

Could be he/she just doesn't have a clue who the leader/ a leader of EG is and has seen you posting on the good ol forums and thought 'ahhhh theres a lovely nice person who will help me'.

Poor deluded fool :)

DeletedUser

Aww! Thanks, my friends. Though in this instance, I do deserve that Darwin Award. Poor powned... I feel so bad for not recognizing him. I'm not sure we'd had any direct contact after we'd both joined Seraphim...but still, I should have recognized someone who had been with me in two alliances.

And yes, I did finally contact him with a letter...and then another one with a personal apology. I feel terrible for forgetting.

DeletedUser

so, the award passes to Lady Arachne for failure to recognise her followers ;)

DeletedUser

LOL Yes, yes it does. Do I get a tiara or just a cardboard sign? I need to practice that royal hand wave, too.