Tutorials

DeletedUser

Could anyone suggest an easy and quick to learn programming language and a link for a tutorial? I want to learn, but I'm a bit restless and my concentration span is very short.

DeletedUser

Could anyone suggest an easy and quick to learn programming language and a link for a tutorial? I want to learn, but I'm a bit restless and my concentration span is very short.

You can learn HTML, however, it isn't really a programming language. But from HTML, you will be able to learn JavaScript, PHP, etc. I would suggest learning in this order:

HTML -> CSS -> JavaScript -> PHP/MYSQL

Here is are some links for tutorials on all of these, you can pick and choose.

http://w3schools.com/
http://tizag.com/

DeletedUser5

To pick a good programming language, you really need to know what you want to be able to do with it. No language is particularly difficult to learn, some are just easier to start with, however they won't teach you some of the core programming principles that you'll need to know should you move to more difficult languages.

As mentioned, HTML/CSS/PHP/Javascript is a good combination to learn (in that order), but if you want to create standalone applications, then this isn't the right choice to learn.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the help.
I can make basic webpages, so, I'll try a bit of CSS and try to change the backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5

I would learn php first, it's stricter than javascript, and therefore you'll learn more principles.

However, the languages are completely different in the application of the languages, so it doesn't really matter which order you learn them in.

DeletedUser

I would learn php first, it's stricter than javascript, and therefore you'll learn more principles.

However, the languages are completely different in the application of the languages, so it doesn't really matter which order you learn them in.

Good point! Never thought of it that way. But I did learn some C++ before javascript, so I can see how that helped as an intro to the rest.

HIHIpeople said:
same. cool tutorials imoddedu also they were *turns head* OH LOOK A FLY! helpful
Yep, tutorials are very, very easy to find online for these sort of things.

DeletedUser2795

It is not terribly useful for you to give us the file path on your own hard drive, because unless we ever get access to your computer, we will not be able to follow it :p

DeletedUser

I know. I'm only testing it on my computer, but when I'm good enough I might make one that someone can follow.