Ultimate Guide To The Forums Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Ok this guide is mainly about reps and BB-codes for now... but i give my opinion on this ;).

1. There too many guides for reps that are too easy to get and we don't need a guide for how to rep someone.

2. Bb-codes are easy to find and use right off the bat went anyone joins the forums so there shouldn't be a guide for that part.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok this guide is mainly about reps and BB-codes for now... but i give my opinion on this ;).

1. There too many guides for reps that are too easy to get and we don't need a guide for how to rep someone.

2. Bb-codes are easy to find and use right off the bat went anyone joins the forums so there shouldn't be a guide for that part.

That's the thing. All DIFFERENT guides. I am making them all into one :p

DeletedUser

^^^

What he said, (oops, meant to be pointing at Sakaturou's post !!)

I use lots of vBulletin forums and this is the first with "spilers" so havent a clue what they are or how to make them.

I think a general guide to netiquette for the new to forums users and a specific one for this forum, its parlance and such. I have read some of what is there already but perhaps find a fresh way of putting it across. I am the first to admit to being a bit of a grumpy old stick in the mud - just ask Sak :D - but I can appreciate that a place like this primarily for younger people does have a vibrance about it - the sigs for a start are far better than those on alot of forums I use and offer a great diversity.

J.

DeletedUser

Link To User:
Code: [user]<Insert Name Here>[*user]
Description: Links you to a forum member's profile.
Example: [user]Jarpenguin[/user]

Added the Link To User BBCode as I find that it is rarely used and it may not even be known to most people.

DeletedUser10081

i didnt know you could do it!

[user]themightyone2[/user]

cool!

DeletedUser

[jumpfrom]Table[/jumpfrom]Table Of Contents:
[jumpto=Reputation]1 - Reputation[/jumpto]
[jumpto=BBCodes]2 - BBCodes[/jumpto]
[jumpto=SecretBBCodes]2.1 - Secret BBCodes[/jumpto]

[jumpfrom]SecretBBCodes[/jumpfrom]"Secret" BBCodes

Link To User:
Code: [user]<Insert Name Here>[*user]
Description: Links you to a forum member's profile.
Example: [user]Jarpenguin[/user]

Spoilers:
Code:
[*spoiler]
Description: Puts text or image into a "spoiler"
Example:
PENGUINS :eek:

Auto-Search:
Code: Search ALL Forums - [search][*search] Search Particular Forum - [search=<Insert Forum Number Here][*search]
Description: Links you to a search of either a particular forum or just the forums in general.
Example: [search]Penguin[/search]

Jump:
Code: [jumpto=<Insert Anything>]<Random Thing>[*jumpto] and [jumpfrom]<Insert same thing>[*jumpfrom]
Description: This is one of the most unused BBCodes I've found yet. They're very interesting actually. Okay, there is an example in my "Table of Contents". Now this is how it works: 1. You put in the Jumpto as pictured above. 2. You put in the jumpfrom BBCodes wherever you want the ending location to be. 3. When you click the Jumpto link, it will put you onto whatever part of the thread that the jumpfrom bbcodes are!
Example: (This will link you to the top of the page) [jumpto=Table]Table o' Contents[/jumpto]
Edit: Finished the "Secret" bbcodes. Also I added a table of contents that links you to the specific part of the thread that I want :) (Using the "Jump")

DeletedUser

image.php
BB-codes rock

DeletedUser

Thanks, [user]jarpenguin[/user]! You're [search]awesome[/search]!

DeletedUser

Okay, I'm starting a new section. This is mainly directed towards the newbie players. This is called: "Posting A New Topic"

I'm gonna put in what section to post in, how to make a thread (lol), and what to include in your first thread :p

DeletedUser2663

nice, i have been on the forums for who knows how long now and i didnt even know all of those secret BB codes. thanks for that penguin. if you can combine all the off topic guides into this it may actually be a decent guide IMO

DeletedUser

Still working on it a bit. I skipped a few BBCodes likes the Url and such and I'm aiming for something like 7 Parts. Then I will edit it over (As you can see I need to :p)

DeletedUser

Lazy quoting

Auto-Search:
Code: Search ALL Forums - [search][*search] Search Particular Forum - [search=<Insert Forum Number Here][*search]
Description: Links you to a search of either a particular forum or just the forums in general.
Example: Penguin

Jump:
Code: [jumpto=<Insert Anything>]<Random Thing>[*jumpto] and [jumpfrom]<Insert same thing>[*jumpfrom]
Description: This is one of the most unused BBCodes I've found yet. They're very interesting actually. Okay, there is an example in my "Table of Contents". Now this is how it works: 1. You put in the Jumpto as pictured above. 2. You put in the jumpfrom BBCodes wherever you want the ending location to be. 3. When you click the Jumpto link, it will put you onto whatever part of the thread that the jumpfrom bbcodes are!

[search]Grepolis[/search]

[jumpto=]First page of this thread[/jumpto]

Like that?