Under the Plane tree - A place in the shade

DeletedUser11508

I once had the good luck to visit real the Earth world island of Kos.
It is very famous for the place where the ancient Greek Hippocrates made the foundation for Western medicinal approaches, and also what could be considered the first hospital (ruins can be visited on the hill side outside Kos city).
In the middle of Kos city, there is a sole plane tree - it is said (whether you believe or not is up to you), this is the original tree
Hippocrates and is students used to gather under when he was teaching. :)
Dried leaves of this tree, together with a print-out of 'Hippocrates's oath' are a common tourist item.
When I was there there was a simple restaurant on the square, run by a UK couple, serving 'Red Snapper of the Mediterranean' on the menu, an excellent fish dish :cool:

I think we need a cool place in the shade here too - so hence this thread

Steven

DeletedUser

Kos is a nice place, I took a ferry from Turkey to Kos a few years back. Due to my lacking political knowledge I had to be told not to bring a Greek flag back to Turkey. ;)

DeletedUser11508

Kos is a nice place, I took a ferry from Turkey to Kos a few years back. Due to my lacking political knowledge I had to be told not to bring a Greek flag back to Turkey. ;)

Laughing - Glad you enjoyed :) yes, you can actually see the Turkish coast from the island. Maybe the flag thing is a bit like the alliance flag in Grepolis :p