Discussion Unethical or fair play?

DeletedUser25724

Hello! I have a question on ethics of behaviour in Grepolis, since it seems to be one of the issues mentioned in the game rules.
I was the strongest player on an island in Tau, and doing good. Two players on the island took upon exterminating any efforts for building on in my city. For the last 2 weeks or so I've been trashed by 15 to 20 daily attacks +spells. The enlisted population is wiped out and the 3-hour gaps in production leave the city without resources, given that it is also a subject to daily Plague.
Told this way it even sounds funny, and theoretically I can still build, but there are no means of resisting to the attacks of this kind. This never happened to me in other worlds. The attacks are so well coordinated that I'm stating to suspect it's the same player under 2 logins on the island. Is this situation seen as a fair game play?
Thanx!

DeletedUser22399

If you suspect that the two players may be one and the same could you please submit a support ticket to your moderator explaining your suspicions and giving them the players name.

DeletedUser

It is, perhaps, not 'fair' but such is life. The use of negative spells and repeated attacks is a part of the game that is remarkably effective. As you can see in your situation, just a couple of players can bring another player to their knees with a little co-ordination.

The best thing I can suggest in your situation is to consider the use of Athena's 'City Protection' spell. While it will not protect you from attacks, it will prevent your opponents from casting spells on your city for a set period of time (depending on the speed of the world). Using that each day may be seen as a slight waste of favour, but it will free up more resources to use for construction and recruitment.

If you do have evidence that suggests the players are indeed 1 player with 2 accounts, you may wish to send in a support ticket. Give the moderators all the relevant information and they will look into it. It may just be that the two players are communicating to do this, rather than being the same person, so I'm not saying that the moderators will be able to act.. but at least you would know.

DeletedUser25724

Thank you, guys! I might check on the attackers id's.
I suppose the only thing to do in this case is to leave this world and build in another one... sadly :(

DeletedUser

I suppose the only thing to do in this case is to leave this world and build in another one... sadly :(

Remember that every player has the option to restart on their current world. This will 'ghost' your current city and restart you closer to the edge of the world. While you would still be on the same world as these other players, you might find that if you are in a different area to them they no longer bother you.

Best of luck though, hopefully you manage to find a solution. It is unfortunate when players have a bad experience with Grepolis because of a small number of other players.

DeletedUser

Also if you are under constant attacks and -ve spells than just build farms,wall and temple (nothing else)
Farms coz they will strengthen your militia,wall coz it will strengthen the overall defense and temple to give you some spells such as happiness,desire,sea storm,city protection etc

Or

You can take the other path

Join a good local alliance,team up there and use the same things against them.

Thrillology

Phrourach

I wish there was more honor in the world, but it's mostly died. Don't worry. I bet you'll find a great, nice, friendly alliance that believes in honor and would love you help you in your game play experience.

DeletedUser29371

Remember that every player has the option to restart on their current world. This will 'ghost' your current city and restart you closer to the edge of the world. While you would still be on the same world as these other players, you might find that if you are in a different area to them they no longer bother you.

Best of luck though, hopefully you manage to find a solution. It is unfortunate when players have a bad experience with Grepolis because of a small number of other players.

How is this BAD experience? Its a war game...... People get cities taken and their work destroyed... its part of the game innogames created so the experience like this was meant to be part of this game.

DeletedUser

ok...i am really rather new to this part of the game. but as i understand, Grepolis is known for their rules and their fairness and effectiveness in getting down to the problems. i am being harrassed thru emails from another alliance. not only that but have suspected fo some time that accounts on the alliance were alternate ones used by the same people. i think i have enough proof (hopefully) on the alt. account prob. but the harrassing emails and use of language....how does one stop that and how does one get punished?? i have plenty of the harrassment but have such wiccked issues with my mail. some have been erased. i no longer open any mail from tthis alliance. i am a emale and after being callled the C word by a male player, because i lughed when he said "you are going down." but come on...who wouldnt laugh at that???? did it deserve the name i was called ??? absolutley not. now they are attacking us lef and right. but we just dont want anything to do with it anymore. that alliance completeley ruined the game for us. what can i possibly do or what can be done? i even said i wanted to get mod's invovled and was told that i perform certain explicit favors on men. please help. warring is fun...what they did??? disgraceful

DeletedUser18132

first, when someone sends a message like that to you, you will see in the top right corner a message with a !. Click on it, and report him. Then, when you get the message, there will be a mail with a crossed-out circle. Click on it to block him.

DeletedUser

i think some sort of punishment shoild be dealed out. i'm not talking about 2 emeils. we are talking over 30 harassing mails. i have an 8 yr old and a 13 yr old on my team. what happens when it turns toward them???

DeletedUser18132

As I said, report it. Your world mod will deal with it, and probably give him a ban. In the meantime, tell everyone in your alliance to block him and report the message immediately if they get it.

Thrillology

Phrourach
There is a con in Grepolis and all of the internet:
-Liars, traitors, and other sorts of mischievious and dishonorable players
-Cyber bullies (yes, twelve-year old's get on Grepolis and harass older players with messages, but they don't know there's a block button.)

DeletedUser32487

Advice please

Hi

I am fairly new to the game and not doing to badly (under 2 weeks) however I am in a world where everone else is mighty and I got one player who keeps attacking me every other day. All the small players who join along with me have given up. How can you progress in the game if all the new ones gets attacked?
Any advice what I can do please?

DeletedUser

Hi

I am fairly new to the game and not doing to badly (under 2 weeks) however I am in a world where everone else is mighty and I got one player who keeps attacking me every other day. All the small players who join along with me have given up. How can you progress in the game if all the new ones gets attacked?

Build up your defenses and join a local alliance, an honourable one will help you out.

DeletedUser14283

Hi

Does the player attack you when you are online?

If so, i suggest you dodge your troops (do this by sending them out on an attack or support), enlist the militia (go into farm) and spend all your resources on buildings, research and troops. This way they get nothing and could get bored of attacking you :)

Otherwise, i suggest you find an alliance who could help you out. Join them and make sure you explain your situation. Your new, want to learn and play but being constantly attacked etc. Can you help blah. If they say yes then your sorted. If not, dont give up. Keep at it and ask another alliance. Keeping doing the above to his/her attacks and you'll be golden :)