Update to 2.41 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser21297

Change log doesn't mentioned Library, but academy. That worked until now too - you couldn't demolish Library if you don't have enough free research points.

But you can get negative research points by demolishing academy, or if it get bolted or demolished with Stone hail, so Im also curious how is that bug fixed, and ...

What will happen with negative research points after update:
researchpoints.png

DeletedUser

Looks like some great work on the update Inno team! Good stuff guys! :)

DeletedUser

Politically Correct Hyper Sensitivity

Had been waiting for this for some time....I am always surprised how yankees get offended by sex. Simple words that a 10 year old understands...but have not issue with showing 7 year olds violence and other hard stuff

I live in the USA, I guess that makes me a "yankee"? Is that a pejorative? Please let me know. I want to know if I should feel offended or not. :p

I can't believe Inno caved on the word "brothel". It isn't like you see anything. In the story line you lose village morale and they are angry over it. Is this not a good example? So, sex is forbidden, but murdering an old man carrying a flag for Zeus is PG-13? We're in real trouble when sex (which creates life) is considered as bad and murder (which destroys life) is somehow more moral than a brothel. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!! If you are SO sensitive to a word found in every dictionary and search engine, don't PLAY!

I seriously doubt the inclusion of the word brothel would cause a problem with a pg-13 rating. Inno should check that out before caving so completely. As an adult playing a WAR GAME I object completely to the removal of something that merely hinted a sex for money which you never see and is morally confronted by the villagers becoming angry with you.

"Big Brother" and the "Nanny State" want to dictate our every move and thought. When will we as human beings demand freedom and "free speech"? When will we get to stop being cowards to the point of turning off paying players? How is fake killing more acceptable than a fake brothel that doesn't even show anything? Bad move!!! :supermad:

If you're offended that I object to hyper critical pressure on every possible item down to minutia. You can kiss my butt! PG-13 or not! Stop pretending you live in Candy Land people. Mary Poppins isn't here to to plug your ears and cover your eyes every time a person in the REAL WORLD does, says, or hints at something you MIGHT find offensive.

DeletedUser38224

I actually agree with the guy above, i'm going to miss my brothels :(

DeletedUser41373

You could get negative research points by demolishing academy.

So how will this work then if you currently have negative research points in a city? Can someone confirm im not going to log in after the update to see all research above my current academy level disappear? And also what will happen if someone uses Stonehail in the hero world? I assume you will be allowed to have negative research then?

This to me is similar to the HC issue (though to a much lesser extent) these aren't "Bugs" they have been in the game ever since I started playing so are more quirks of the game.

Ya im curious about this one as well

DeletedUser19872

I personally think, the percentage for the attack bonus should be determined by the difficulty of the quest. eg. Top is 30% Improved attack after completing a difficult quest, and 5% for easy quests.

DeletedUser38271

was so glad I was able to use the menu on my Ipad .. But now I can not change the city or follow the link here for example.

DeletedUser19872

On my achilles server the 30% defense bonus still exists. While attack is 10%

DeletedUser35061

since the last update my computer at work which is on a server can not play grepolis anymore whats happened

DeletedUser

since the last update my computer at work which is on a server can not play grepolis anymore whats happened

I cannot login either on my work laptop since this update but can login on my own laptop. Works laptop is IE, my own laptop is Firefox - could be the reason?

On my work laptop I get as far as the loading screen but then get stuck with the 100% loaded bar and a blue background screen. Bottom left says errors loading page - various errors mentioned including game is undefined or boot something or other error etc etc

DeletedUser

Grepolis doesn't support IE so I'd suggest using another browser.

I know that which is why my own laptop works fine with firefox HOWEVER my work laptop using IE worked (albeit not so well) until the latest 'upgrade'!

Also - I cannot use another browser on my work laptop.

DeletedUser38224

Try using chrome. Works great for me.

EDIT: Ah, stupid me, just saw that you couldn't use another browser :|

DeletedUser8790

I personally think, the percentage for the attack bonus should be determined by the difficulty of the quest. eg. Top is 30% Improved attack after completing a difficult quest, and 5% for easy quests.

Not a bad idea. they really neutered the island quests with the change, once again, the "non-defending" whiners win the day. Now there is really only one or two things worth getting, I am sure someone will whine soon enough about the 30% troop movement, and nutere that down to 5%.

DeletedUser

Since the update on Tuesday I have been receiving very few island quests, anyone else having this issue or just me?

DeletedUser31212

Since the update on Tuesday I have been receiving very few island quests, anyone else having this issue or just me?
Same here. i get like 1 a day. I got 120 cities, which in Grepo terms means, if you play well you don't get enough quests. If you have less cities & intend to be a turtle you get them all the time. Stupid rule really.