Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser44996

Just who are you trying to kid, you might be able to pull the wool over most peoples eyes , not me matey. I can analyze an analyzer, how did you get the VP ? obviously from BP and that was from,
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
Gold and masses of it , i know it , you know it and pretty much everyone else knows it. My stats do not involve Gold whatsoever other than the advisors, you simply cannot do it all with the resources and times involved to build Items per week. Not at your rate anyways.
I do not doubt you would be one of the top players without Gold, but to come on here and make out everyone else is at it or useless while you are using "Insta Build" is a joke and frankly disrespectful to others who do not have the "Cash to Flash" but make up the worlds.
And when someone raises a counter argument to the ethics of a 1 city WW as opposed to Alliance spies destroying players legitimate efforts pre WW. Jack in the box springs to mind, Shut the lid on the way down.
smiley_emoticons_baby_taptap.gif

The VM on World WW cities will affect every single player , Any rule change for WW islands would not affect every player in this world, ethically you cannot introduce a rule change that will be positive for some players and negative for others. That is an honest assessment of the situation. I would be saying the same thing if i was in Triads position.

DeletedUser49796

I can sit on the fence here and say Triad were easily the best team and deserved the win, however is allegedly having a spy in every alliance just as bad as a 1 x WW , Just throwing it out there
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

Oh it's just as bad :)

As far as this update is concerned...I hope it doesn't apply to this world. If Triad cant take the wonder as it is, then we don't deserve a win. I'm on The Agron Of Ilyria, Hydra & NWA side for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45150

I reckon we should try and get back on topic and direct the discussion at the thread. The issue that i have is that we have played by the rules, yes we have explioted a known flaw in grep worlds , BUT we should NOT be penalised for following the rules and have the ww taken away from us by the rule makers. If you decide in your infinite wisdom to do this then there will be consequences. I believe as kegsy has said apply it to the new worlds but worlds that are already in the ww stage leave them alone. You don't go fixing something by going and breaking it first......

DeletedUser31385

Guys, please stay on topic. Do not start discussions about specific worlds. Thank you.

DeletedUser21774

In that case, I think Inno got the full range of opinions. It's going to do what it is going to do. Pretty sure we'll all just make it work.

DeletedUser47067

This rule change will change the outcome of 1 world and what the players there have been building for and playing towards for best part of a year.

Spying, gold use etc are all part of the game. We all know these before you start playing a world so no problem with that.

This is like saying you have one game to play in a season, you are going into a title deciding game with the second place team and then...the officials decide headed goals no longer count. We have counted back and sorry but even if you win the last game you cannot win the league.

DeletedUser45150

Well i personally have built a single ww island on another domain so that would point to the fact that it would seem that your alliance would have had the same opportunity had you done more research as a few guys did in ours. The mere fact that you didn't find an island with only 1 slot isn't our fault and we should not be now penalised for a seemingly common glitch which happens on all domains. Don't go thinking that you didn't get a level playing field cos it was and you chose not to look.

DeletedUser47067

If the change is applied to worlds where wonders have already started, there is no point in talking about building and racing to re-build wonders. The fight in Zancle will come to an end, so many players were just hanging on for the fight for colossus. This change will mean this battle will never happen so there is no point in staying, I fully expect a mass exodus of players and with no one to fight, this will be the end for Zancle.

Any chance of a cash refund for my gold I purchased for advisors for the next few months?

DeletedUser20741

Dumb to change this. The one-city ww setup gives alliances on the rim a chance to compete against those that start the game much earlier in the central oceans. It's not exclusive. Any alliance can set up the one city islands by rolling out to the rim. And it's a big chance to take as newly joined members and re-starters can randomly appear on the one-city islands.

We did this setup in Omega for a few of our islands some 6 years ago. So at least for 6 years been able to do this. Not sure how often it is used. My guess is not too much so why change it now? Like who's complaining about this? kinda nit-picky if you ask me. Should focus more on the botting, multi-accounting and limit the gold use. That'd make for a much better game.

Innogames is killing the game. Give us a basic game where the gold use is limited and a more balanced board. all in all, it's a game. Shouldn't be able to change the rules during the course of a game. Hopefully this dumb change will only apply to future worlds.

Either way, until they address the real problems, after Carphi, I'm going back to playstation lol.

DeletedUser44996

Oh it's just as bad :)

As far as this update is concerned...I hope it doesn't apply to this world. If Triad cant take the wonder as it is, then we don't deserve a win. I'm on The Agron Of Ilyria, Hydra & NWA side for this.

That is an unselfish and very balanced view point Bee12, to introduce while WW is running would be a sham and bonkers
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

DeletedUser49796

The fight in Zancle will come to an end, so many players were just hanging on for the fight for colossus. This change will mean this battle will never happen so there is no point in staying, I fully expect a mass exodus of players and with no one to fight, this will be the end for Zancle.

Any chance of a cash refund for my gold I purchased for advisors for the next few months?

Doubt they'll refund...it is a business after all.:(

But your other point is valid. Why continue to play the world when Inno have just completely undermined the last years work people have put in building up to this huge fight? That fight for colossus would have been incredible; and very close. If every alliance had sent LS/fliers to break that siege if Triad ever landed it would have been epic, especially if we had demolished that wall and fliers were sent onto a level 0 wall... and now its just going to be a slap in the face if Inno do this.

I just think its a massive shame that a lot of players seem to think its acceptable to win by using an underhand tactic like this. At the end of the day if this happens and Triad gave NWA 48/72hours to get those cities up a bit on The Colossus Wonder, get some LTS in etc, there would still be a decent fight. But people care about the win, not about how they got there and how it would ruin the game. The game is about the fight and the tactics...not about colonising at the right moment and building up pretty cities; if you want to do that, go and play Sim City.

Dumb to change this. The one-city ww setup gives alliances on the rim a chance to compete against those that start the game much earlier in the central oceans. It's not exclusive. Any alliance can set up the one city islands by rolling out to the rim. And it's a big chance to take as newly joined members and re-starters can randomly appear on the one-city islands.

Of course, the 1 city WW has its disadvantages as well.. Lets remember that these kind of islands cannot be found in the middle of other full city islands, they are in the rim. Lets remember that it takes ages for the resources to land to the one-city WW. Think of the 10th level, the amount of the resources and the amount of time they take to arrive to the destination, and not to mention what you said, that it gives Rim alliances a chance.

However, once is built, it's a disadvantage for the other alliances that's true. But while the rules were that you can build a WW in those kind of Islands, the other alliances should have thought of how hard this one is to break, and give priority to these kind of WWs, and not complain now about the rule.

DeletedUser49796

But while the rules were that you can build a WW in those kind of Islands, the other alliances should have thought of how hard this one is to break, and give priority to these kind of WWs, and not complain now about the rule.

A completely valid point.

It is Triads own fault that it got to this point...we should have spotted a Rim Wonder sooner and pushed that one rather than letting you guys take advantage it. Obviously I still don't like it...but I can't argue with logic

DeletedUser20741

Like why now tho? Has this set-up led to a lot of wins in worlds where it has been used? The strategic advantage of having to defend only one ww city is obvious but I've never seen it make much of a difference in the outcome of the worlds I been in. Omega, might've mattered but ww's got nuked by rouge founder so basically started over from scratch. Myonia, watched the 2nd place team fend off massive attack from 1st place team over twice their size, but outcome of the world was the same no difference made. We have it in Carphi but the game was decided by massive-multi alliance coop scheme. So, I dunno. I don't see why they go after this one.

Anyone see any worlds where it's been used and effectively determined the outcome of the game?

DeletedUser49796

Like why now tho? Has this set-up led to a lot of wins in worlds where it has been used? The strategic advantage of having to defend only one ww city is obvious but I've never seen it make much of a difference in the outcome of the worlds I been in. Omega, might've mattered but ww's got nuked by rouge founder so basically started over from scratch. Myonia, watched the 2nd place team fend off massive attack from 1st place team over twice their size, but outcome of the world was the same no difference made. We have it in Carphi but the game was decided by massive-multi alliance coop scheme. So, I dunno. I don't see why they go after this one.

Anyone see any worlds where it's been used and effectively determined the outcome of the game?

They've gone after this one because we're reaching that low alliance cap which signals the end of the world; and there are still two wonders to be decided. If the world wasn't as dead as it is, they would leave it.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
actually, i think they are doing it b/c of the previous change in ww and vm. if you have a single anchor ww island, that person never has relief unless it get passed on. (that situation is argued elsewhere.) with 20 anchors, no one person holds too much burden.

but as always, they are making small changes to wws rather than finding a new end game.

DeletedUser20741

the v.m. change makes sense. Make it a war game. No hiding in v.m. if you're on a ww island. that would be good enough to stop a one-anchor always in v.m. kinda thing. Passing cities off to mates shouldn't be an issue so long as they can't hide in v.m. That's teamwork, nothing unfair about it.

They are a bit slow if they are just now noticing the advantage a one-city ww setup can bring and declaring it so patently unfair that they have to change the programming.

I don't usually buy into the conspiracy theories about mods and certain groups but somebody is doing something to get some attention drawn to it at this particular time. I don't think it's us in Carphi.

DeletedUser43023

The one city WW islands is a flaw. I think we can all agree with that, or it is at the very least, a loophole. I could be ok with it, if the game offered checks and balances....a tactic to counter any other tactic. However, innogames has not offered any chain lightening spells for a long time, which in my mind would have been a decent counter for stacking a city so ridiculously high.. Basically, for a player who plays with only enough gold to keep the captain and administrator going, the never ending stalemate has grown boring. who wants to play a boring game?? Tic Tac Toe, anyone?

DeletedUser2595

the v.m. change makes sense. Make it a war game. No hiding in v.m. if you're on a ww island. that would be good enough to stop a one-anchor always in v.m. kinda thing. Passing cities off to mates shouldn't be an issue so long as they can't hide in v.m. That's teamwork, nothing unfair about it.

They are a bit slow if they are just now noticing the advantage a one-city ww setup can bring and declaring it so patently unfair that they have to change the programming.

I don't usually buy into the conspiracy theories about mods and certain groups but somebody is doing something to get some attention drawn to it at this particular time. I don't think it's us in Carphi.
I would assume that is the same reason for this other change. More cities on WW - more fighting and war rather than turtling. That would be my guess for why Inno have made this change at a similar time to the WW VM. Probably had a team looking at how to change WW rather than making a new endgame and now they are implementing their findings.

DeletedUser20741

An unintended flaw in the programming, no doubt. But open to all to exploit and it's not risk-free sure-thing to work out. They've got much bigger problems with the game than this one. They take baby-steps in the wrong direction.

"HEY INNO! IT'S THE GOLD, STUPID!"

Make a buck but don't make it unfair so much that servers can be bought. This one-city setup thing ain't the problem. It's a cool little glitch that some of us caught on to and tried to make happen. It didn't take away from the fairness of the game. Get to the real problems that are killing your war-game platform.

This one is a done deal I suppose. Nothing we can do about it by complaining. Be glad you got to try it out if you did, and be glad you don't have to battle it anymore if you're on the other side.

Good luck with the wars, guys.