Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser50353

The one city WW islands is a flaw. I think we can all agree with that, or it is at the very least, a loophole. I could be ok with it, if the game offered checks and balances....a tactic to counter any other tactic. However, innogames has not offered any chain lightening spells for a long time, which in my mind would have been a decent counter for stacking a city so ridiculously high.. Basically, for a player who plays with only enough gold to keep the captain and administrator going, the never ending stalemate has grown boring. who wants to play a boring game?? Tic Tac Toe, anyone?

So you wait all these years to address the issue ? When you're confronted by it and it is no loner working to your advantage? Don't get me wrong, I'm not here justifying 1 city WW islands. If the update comes into effect it should affect the worlds which would be created AFTER this ''fix of glitch''....

DeletedUser50353

Very good point SH. Which is why I'm anxiously awaiting for the verdict/outcome of this all. As you may be aware, this will have direct affect on Zancle... Therefore I assume the update is open to discussion?

DeletedUser47067

This is not about accusations against triad. This is about feedback to Inno about the update.

The update will simply kill Zancle. A large number of players will quit and there will be simply be no one to fight except ghosts for an empty crown.

We were all waiting for a big fight over the final wonder and it never happened, this update will simply take that away from the game. No point in staying when you have played for something that will never happen.

Please let us know quickly if this will be applied to Zancle so we can quit this game to spend more time with family over the festive period, instead of wasting it playing a game which is decided not by fighting but by a decision made by the developers.

DeletedUser21774

In 9 worlds, this is the first time I have come across the one city wonder. I'm assuming the mods take info from the programming dept and not the other way around...
So, IF in zancle, the leading alliance agreed not to colonise on the noob 1 city-wonder, would you feel better? It wouldn't be fair still, however, you know sure as shootin the other alliance isn't going to hang around and let you rebuild...they would race to the finish. Whatever you say I will take bring to council.

DeletedUser54371

We had a one city wonder in Sigma (US) which we used to our advantage. We had some epic battles in that world when Titans tried to breach the wonder.

Anyway, my only comment will be I believe this update should not be applied to Zancle.

DeletedUser21774

QUESTION:

If a current WW island with 1 city is suddenly populated with 19 new anchors, and is completed, will the alliance retain their level 10 completion status or get knocked for not owning a complete island?

I did not see all pertinent situations explicitly addressed, and people might be having kittens about this, besides the idea that strangers can suddenly populate those anchors and strip them of their island control.

This is critical for ongoing games with 1-city Wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21774

QUESTION #2:

Would it be possible to ensure that the completed wonder on the 1-city island remains completed, and that the controlling alliance has 24 hours head start in populating the anchors (or everyone not in the alliance must wait 24 hours BEFORE sending a CS at an open anchor on a 1 city completed Wonder)?

DeletedUser50353

QUESTION:

If a current WW island with 1 city is suddenly populated with 19 new anchors, and is completed, will the alliance retain their level 10 completion status or get knocked for not owning a complete island?

I did not see all pertinent situations explicitly addressed, and people might be having kittens about this, besides the idea that strangers can suddenly populate those anchors and strip them of their island control.

It would be much like the Wonders of the Knights of Kos. If you look - they have a Statue in O66, but one player owns 3 cities on the 20 slot island. Meaning the player can send resources and upgrade the Wonder, however as soon as someone colonizes on one of the other free 17 slots, the Wonder can no longer be upgraded and once the foundling pops up, the Wonder will also be knocked back and lose the resources for that level.
I hope this answers your question.

DeletedUser21774

It would be much like the Wonders of the Knights of Kos. If you look - they have a Statue in O66, but one player owns 3 cities on the 20 slot island. Meaning the player can send resources and upgrade the Wonder, however as soon as someone colonizes on one of the other free 17 slots, the Wonder can no longer be upgraded and once the foundling pops up, the Wonder will also be knocked back and lose the resources for that level.
I hope this answers your question.
I was rather hoping for a definitive answer from Inno, but thank you for your input.

DeletedUser50353

QUESTION #2:

Would it be possible to ensure that the completed wonder on the 1-city island remains completed, and that the controlling alliance has 24 hours head start in populating the anchors (or everyone not in the alliance must wait 24 hours BEFORE sending a CS at an open anchor on a 1 city completed Wonder)?

The likelihood of such a.... ''truce'' ''deal'' ''partnership'' ''agreement'' (What ever you want to call it) is beyond astronomical.

It's very easy to say something, make everyone agree to something, but it's another to ensure/enforce such things happen. From my angle it's as if Inno would be saying:

Hey, I know you rightfully deserved to hold the Wonder, due to months of hard work from your alliance union, and we know we have disregarded the whole union and have made an illogical update, but here is a token that you should be grateful and happy for.

QUESTION:

Thank you for this, finally someone talking about what this thread is about!!

1st of all.. how the hell do you introduce a new rule change when you dont even know whats going to happen with worlds that are in play or which worlds the rule will affect. Looks like INNO are a bunch of new guys who dont know what has happened over the past few years and think this game started only yesterday... ooh right we dont have to bother about the ongoing worlds.

So when questions are asked, they'll have to check how are they going to play this.

NO! You cant to this. When you want to change such a big rule in the game, you need to know the answers to all the questions BEFORE YOU BRING IT UP. Its not like some small bug is being fixed. Plus its not like we are asking a question that surprised them. You should have clarified the situation in the mail you sent to the whole grepo two days ago!

Second, we're here to discuss something else, not who's the biggest Gold user.. Like were going to find it out somehow. Cut that useless discussions and get back to the point were here to discuss.

Looks like a thread in the Zancle forum can really help you guys, so go there and discuss about whos using more gold or who's being salty all day. Not here please.

Last edited:

maxilex

Phrourach
The in game mods, and mods here have no control over what inno do, anymore than we do by making suggestions in the forums. So, bagging them is really a waste of time.

They do have channels to get more info though..and I hope something is going to come very soon...if this is going to affect our world, we need to do something NOW..not on Wednesday!

( and apologies to all for all the dirty laundry aired here, Zancle has a lot of it)

Last edited:

maxilex

Phrourach
The one city wonder is very definitely an old exploitation. It was even known as a gamble, since it was at risk from being spawned on by restarting players at some point.

That was the info given to me when I asked about it, almost 12 months ago.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok so again please keep the world specific arguing out of this feedback thread. I do however have an answer, we're fairly sure it's correct info, to the earliest question of if this update will apply to all current worlds and the answer is yes. However the update only applies to new WW islands going forward. If the island currently has a completed wonder or a wonder currently being built it will not suddenly spawn 19 or however many city slots thus resulting in loss of progress. The intention of the update is to remove this exploit but at the same time not mess with current WW's.

I'll know for certain tomorrow but from what I've been told the above should be the case.

DeletedUser47067

Ok so again please keep the world specific arguing out of this feedback thread. I do however have an answer, we're fairly sure it's correct info, to the earliest question of if this update will apply to all current worlds and the answer is yes. However the update only applies to new WW islands going forward. If the island currently has a completed wonder or a wonder currently being built it will not suddenly spawn 19 or however many city slots thus resulting in loss of progress. The intention of the update is to remove this exploit but at the same time not mess with current WW's.

I'll know for certain tomorrow but from what I've been told the above should be the case.

DeletedUser45150

Ok thats some good news mate,I was trying to work out how the devil we were gonna be able to colonise and then protect 19 foundings ,thankfully some common sense has prevailed.

DeletedUser44996

Any Mod can edit my posts that have anything to do with Gold, for the Record i was responding to a player who clearly put my name in their posts and inferred certain "Things" about my game play. They have vanished so any response is no longer valid.

On this topic its pretty simple in my view ;

The VM rule on World WW cities will affect every single player in Grepolis , Any New rule change for WW Islands would not affect every player in this world with a 1 x WW city Island, ethically you cannot possibly introduce a rule change that will be positive for some players and negative for others.
smiley_emoticons_cyclops.gif

DeletedUser47067

Inno have to consider that this change would have much bigger impact on the brand.

There are Skype, hangouts and many social media groups waiting to see if they are going to make a rule change which effects worlds which have already started. This change would make 2 years worth of gameplay and countless hours worthless in some cases.

This could damage both future income sources of both players who are considering starting out the game and returning members. Not to mention current players w