Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser45150

Ok so obviously inno want to shut down zancle this is a very quick way of doing it , Congrats well done you just lost yourself at least 200 players i hope your flaming happy with yourselves. IDIOTS!!!!!
Just letting you know i am about to go to my 3.5k friends and tell them all about your crummy little game and how after 12 months you change the rules totally changing the dynamics of the game . GOOD LUCK TRIAD... ermm i mean inno

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54371

Not anymore
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser49796

Ok so obviously inno want to shut down zancle this is a very quick way of doing it , Congrats well done you just lost yourself at least 200 players i hope your flaming happy with yourselves. IDIOTS!!!!!
Just letting you know i am about to go to my 3.5k friends and tell them all about your crummy little game and how after 12 months you change the rules totally changing the dynamics of the game . GOOD LUCK TRIAD... ermm i mean inno

I think you should be careful blaming Triad for this.

I'm proof that not everyone in Triad is happy about this; and I don't have the patience of a saint. Carry on and you might lose one of the few players in Triad who has your back over this and won't be colonising on wonders when those slots open.

DeletedUser50353

You are aware the 1 x WW city issue was reported by a player as a "Bug" in this world back in July, they and their Alliance will directly benefit from this change, Now what does that look like ??

They were familiar with the ''bug'' for over 6 years. Why didn't Inno do anything, because it wasn't really an issue. Now it's became an issue for someone who Inno values as a consumer. This ''fix'' will benefit who? As many have put it: ''Do you realise the message this sends out''...

I will side with paul on a refund. It's like inviting everyone to win the lottery, stating the pot is $1million and the entry fee is $1. Then once everyone pays for their ticket and the lottery is closed, the numbers are about to be announced, I change the pot to $10. How many people are going to feel outraged? What kind of message does this send????

As Bee perfectly put it: Inno have truly outdone themselves this time...

My comment is very related and is equally appropriate. If a member of staff feels the need to delete my comment. YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY YOU THOUGHT THE CONTENT WAS INAPPROPRIATE.

DeletedUser47932

Let's all give Inno a slow sarcastic hand clap for the crass and stupid idea of changing the rules on single city islands for worlds already in World of Wonders. This latest act truly beggars belief.

DeletedUser47067

This decision brings an end to the world Zancle, a world where so many of us have put in years of time and money across many alliances. In 2 weeks time there will be dozens of players deleting their accounts and ghosting, maybe the biggest loss of players to Grepolis there has ever been. The world will be ruined for all who remain no matter what alliance you play for.

All of this as a result of a developer change.

I have never seen a company treat its customers with such disregard to the point it is happy to lose many loyal customers as a result of something they could stop.

I have enjoyed playing Grepolis for many years, put in countless hours and spent cash on a monthly basis as I am sure many players have who will all be quitting Grepolis for good in 2 weeks.

It leaves a really bitter taste to be left with no choice but to quit a game I loved playing and would have continued to play for many years.

Inno you have let us all down

DeletedUser20741

Wow. Talk about going back and forth. Well, really sucks for you guys who still had a shot at the game win by using the one-city strategy. Stupid to change it on existing worlds, but probably much easier (cheaper) for them to update all the servers with the same programming, again, a money decision no doubt. Certainly not one taking into consideration those who are playing the game. Making this sort of rule change to existing ww worlds is definitely gonna lose you some customers and some good will. Don't make big rule changes mid-game. Just plain stupid.

Others have said it, and tho I don't necessarily buy into the conspiracy theories, but somebody got some attention drawn to this setup at this particular time. I don't think that it's ever determined the outcome of a world, so why change it now?

You inno guys pick the stupidest things to try and fix. So much could be done to make your game better. All you gotta do is read these forums and give the players the kind of game they want. You might not make as much money but at least you'll have more repeat business and in the long run, that seems to be the best sort of business plan for any venture.

See ya fellow grepsters. I'm gonna ride out Carphi and then fire up the playstation. Anyone up for Battlefield 1?

Your Former Loyal Grepster,
Urog

DeletedUser11165

The fact that this is an exploit and not a "clever use of game mechanics" is beside the point; that it has been going on for so long and now out of the blue its decided to actually fix it is one thing but as much as i hate to agree with many of the posters here especially after all the hacking rubbish when wonders started but I do.

Punishing players for using an exploit is one thing but when that exploit has been around for so long one could call it an accepted strategy is not "fair". This change should only be implemented on new worlds or simply exclude worlds where wonders have already begun but to retroactively change the dice so to speak after so much has been invested is a bad decision.

@BT we have had our disagreements over the years; I will still never forgive the lies and stupidity of the mods on Athens over a matter I won't discuss as you will remove this post. Surely you and Richard must see this is more than simply a poor decision and you are in effect changing the rules after the fact.

Sorry that I had to quote some of these things, now lets see some of the points made by BT or INNO:

Contrary to what has been communicated before, these changes will be retroactive, meaning that any world wonder island will automatically have 20 spots after the changes are implemented. This is necessary due to the imbalance that would have been caused by only implementing this change for newly constructed world wonders.

So, this message was sent as the changes were not communicated in a precise manner, and then as you can see here, it's still not communicated in precise because, it still doesn't clarify all the things that should have been clarified.
So you say the change will be retroactive, and any WW Island will automatically have 20 spots after the changes, but you still do not clarify if the Wonder will drop a level immediately after the changes happen or you will have the chance to Colonize and if another flag appears after the colonization, you lose a level of your wonder.
As I said earlier, when you implement such a change in all the worlds, all the things should have been clarified on the mail or the mods should have known how to answer questions. But it took more than 48 hours for us to have a simple question answered, if the changes will be retroactive or not!

We realize that this will have a big impact, especially to those involved in the fierce battle for world wonders and ultimately winning the world. Therefore we have decided to postpone the release of these changes until the next update...

Oh wow, you decided to postpone the release of these changes until the next update because this has a big impact for the alliances involved? WOW, everyone here knows this is a pure lie my friend! This change was not planned as it should have been so now you postponed it so you need time so you can watch closely how you should do this and we all here know this! Like you really care about the community here and their "fight". If you would have really cared for the fight and the impact this change would have had, you wouldn't introduce this change at the worlds with active wonders AT ALL because what you have mainly done is hand the win of the world to a team... WITHOUT A BATTLE! (lets forget Zancle situation for a moment and consider if Colossus was the last wonder Triad needed).

----------------------
So back to Djrlol, yes mate. The real question is has INNO ever done anything to please the players? Have they done anything suggested by the players? We're asking for a new game end for years and all we get is some small changes! Seems like they can get the worst out of the good changes as well. Like in this case!

DeletedUser45150

I think you should be careful blaming Triad for this.

I'm proof that not everyone in Triad is happy about this; and I don't have the patience of a saint. Carry on and you might lose one of the few players in Triad who has your back over this and won't be colonising on wonders when those slots open.
Yeah sorry BEE but it's difficult not to get a little bit cranky when you see the writing on the wall for what we believed was a legit way around protecting WWs.
Be that as it is i see a few here doing their victory dance, pretty hollow if you ask me but hey WHO CARES HOW YOU GET THE WIN as long as you get it.

DeletedUser43023

i believe the reference to the triad player stating this is a bug is me. I stand by that and most all have agreed it is a game flaw. However, i didn't think that after all that time and all our effort they would change it for a world that has gone on this long. In fact, I think those that state it is due to Innogames wanting to close down this server is likely the root cause for this change at this time. I also stated at the time that putting in more checks and balances would be a perfect solution to this design flaw. There should be a tactic to counter every tactic. Otherwise the game becomes dull. If events had chain lightning spells, i would think that would be a good tactic against stacking a city.

I for one will not be sending a cs to an anchor on a WW island. Although I've grown weary of Zancle, having to fight to take a city sounds more like the fun I have played Grepolis for, for all these years.

DeletedUser21774

I just pulled in after a 9 hour drive and find that in the 11th hour, it looks like inno are shocking us all with this 20-anchor per ww island. Most of UK are nighty night, but having just got home, I am up. Looks like lots of comments being made.

Pushing those comments aside, what do you say to my original idea? I ask the council about considering waiting 24 hours to allow the #2 and #3 alliance to do whatever they want to do to even the balance? Not sure anyone can listen at this point because it is so late. But what do you want? (besides blaming our alliance for being #1 for this reason and that, which isn't on the table, really)

DeletedUser43023

I just pulled in after a 9 hour drive and find that in the 11th hour, it looks like inno are shocking us all with this 20-anchor per ww island. Most of UK are nighty night, but having just got home, I am up. Looks like lots of comments being made.

Pushing those comments aside, what do you say to my original idea? I ask the council about considering waiting 24 hours to allow the #2 and #3 alliance to do whatever they want to do to even the balance? Not sure anyone can listen at this point because it is so late. But what do you want? (besides blaming our alliance for being #1 for this reason and that, which isn't on the table, really)

Myself, Bee and many others have put forth similar thoughts and some ideas are to give longer build times, but this idea is letting Innogames off the hook and is also expecting the entire alliance to be altruistic which may not be realistic. All it would take is one cs from anyone-even a non triad player-- to foil this plan.

DeletedUser21774

Myself, Bee and many others have put forth similar thoughts and some ideas are to give longer build times, but this idea is letting Innogames off the hook and is also expecting the entire alliance to be altruistic which may not be realistic. All it would take is one cs from anyone-even a non triad player-- to foil this plan.
True, but the victor award goes to the winner of the first 4 wonders, and Triad have already won.

I was responding to those who still want to play for whatever reason (hopefully not just for spite, as that is unhealthy, but still...) Most of us have the "crown" thing.

DeletedUser43023

also, to add to my prior post, i doubt very much that Innogames actually listened to me. They haven't through out the years, and i guess, from a financial perspective, why would they? I think I've spent throughout all the years I've played about enough to buy two tickets to the movie and maybe a slice of pizza. LOL

DeletedUser49796

Yeah sorry BEE but it's difficult not to get a little bit cranky when you see the writing on the wall for what we believed was a legit way around protecting WWs.
Be that as it is i see a few here doing their victory dance, pretty hollow if you ask me but hey WHO CARES HOW YOU GET THE WIN as long as you get it.

Thanks for the apology.

But again, not all of us care about stupid crowns. 50extra favor...woo bloody whoo. Some of the players with crowns I wouldn't even classify as 'alright' let alone actually good, so really winning means nothing. I'd rather not win, and know I was one of the best fighters in the world, than have a victory, of any sort, but especially a victory like this.

And as I said earlier...those people doing their sad little victory dance need to grow up, or grow a pair. (This is when I'm booted for siding with NWA and not Triad, sorry!) :p

DeletedUser47067

As a result of this change, I would like to sum up how it will change Zancle and the experiences I will share with with any players looking to join Grepolis.

Zancle started out as a world full of many alliances with battles all over the world, teams were formed and the world started to take shape for the later stages of the game.

Once the ww stage started, Triad started to dominate the server with very aggressive players destroying all in their paths. The remaining alliances had one option left, they had one wonder on a single city island. We defended and held this wonder for months, against all odds, with players leaving and Triad surrounding the wonder.

This turned into a game of attack vs defence with the defenders hanging in there waiting for the attackers to mount an assault on the final wonder. This truely would be an epic battle.

To get to this stage and be a top player it has taken about 2 years, you will put in countless hours and make sacrifices in your personal life's. The reason you do this is you make good friends and become part of some great teams enjoying playing the game together.

With the clock running down on Zancle the developers have decided to change the rules and our single city wonder will be lost as a direct result of this change. The one thing our enemies could not take will be gifted to them.

There will be no battle to the end just multiple players quitting and a world full of ghost cities. What a way to end a world where so many people put so much in.

I ask Inno and anyone looking to play Grepolis, is this is a game you would like to play?

DeletedUser50353

I sympathize with what you're writing about here Sir Weeman. I've experienced it...
With the clock running down on Zancle the developers have decided to change the rules and our single city wonder will be lost as a direct result of this change. The one thing our enemies could not take will be gifted to them.

To me this will be the last straw... Many players recognize how illogical this update is going to be. I will lose all my credibility and trust in Inno Games if this update goes live. The support received from Inno after the ''hacking'' scandal which most of us are familiar with was a really, really hard realization of what kind of support a player receives when contacting support staff (Paul perfectly elaborates on the Support staff responses).
There are players here, responding, discussing the update, yet it appears Inno is disregarding their contribution to the discussion and even going as far as deleting their content, why?
Why send out a message in-game, telling players if they wish to discuss the update they can go here (with a hyperlink to the forum)....

What's going on here Inno Games?

My comment is very related and is equally appropriate. If a member of staff feels the need to delete my comment. YOU MUST PROVIDE ME WITH AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY YOU THOUGHT THE CONTENT WAS INAPPROPRIATE.