Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
This coming Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.126. Feel free to post any feedback or questions you have in this thread. The full changelog can be found here.

DeletedUser35934

"Since we have our mobile app in place, the dedicated mobile website will be switched off on December 31st. A banner informs everyone visiting the page about the shutdown."

The mobile app is slow and graphics heavy whereas the original mobile site was a slick quick interface. Inno don't listen or understand ease of use.

maxilex

Phrourach
Is the latest update going to also be retrospective?

ie if we have a wonder built on an island with less than 20 spots - are they suddenly going to appear??

DeletedUser42267

Mine is the same question as Maxilex.
Is this going to be retrospective and be on all servers?
Going forward a good idea if you want the big alliances to dominate servers and curtail competition for the wonders, why change something like this?

DeletedUser22977

Mine is the same question as Maxilex.
Is this going to be retrospective and be on all servers?
Going forward a good idea if you want the big alliances to dominate servers and curtail competition for the wonders, why change something like this?

Because holding a wonder with only 1 city on the island is an exploit that needed to be curtailed.

I know what 'big alliance' you speak of, it's us, and we're rocking less members than you or hydra, and you both combined to stack a 1 city wonder.

This has nothing to do with 'big alliances dominating' and everything to do with alliances that are disorganized using an exploit to play spoiler.

DeletedUser42267

No Herpus,
I am not referring to 'your' alliance...I have been on the opposite side of the fence on this issue too.
I have been in the big alliance and been on servers where we dominate, this has no reference to the world I play in against you.
I agree that it is a loophole that needs closing but whilst it is there it can be used as part of the gameplay, to change the rules once the wonders has started is wrong. You don't get sports changing the rules and changing games/results in mid game.
If this changes all for the better but to change it in a server mid game is WRONG.

All I am asking is whether we are going forward with this update on new servers or it is being retrospective

DeletedUser22977

Most games don't go one for over a year and a half, and half a year longer than it should have because 2 teams used an exploit to extend their existence.

Since vacation on wonder cities is going to be retroactive, there is zero reason for this change not to be retroactive as well.

DeletedUser47067

If this change is retrospective it is embarrassing. I have been speaking to several other long term gamers and for an end game to change near the end of a server is unheard of.

I agree this needs to be changed but it is an old trick which has been going on for years, it is part of the game and within the rules. This change needs to be made going forward, if it is replied retrospectively it is a joke. Why bother reading the rules before you start playing a world, by the time you are half way through anything could change.

We need clarity on if this change will be applied retrospectively.

I have spent years of my life playing this game, if something like this can change and be applied to worlds already in the wonder phase, disappointed would be an understatement.

As far as I know, the rules did not say you cannot have a wonder in a one city island, it was allowed, and when I start a world, I expect no changing of rules. Weather its fair to build it or not, that's another case. Yes it has been an error in the first place, but does this mean that the players have to suffer from developers errors? It's never "fair" when you switch the rules in a middle of a game.. I'm surprised you consider that fair (unless, you are considering fair only for your alliance). Like scoring a goal with the right foot, and then the officials changing the rules and saying you can't score with the right foot so the goal wont count.. does that sound fair to you?

I am not against changing the rules on worlds where the wonders haven't started yet or on the new worlds. This definitely makes the game more fair.. But changing this rule in a middle of wonders, in a world where a wonder has been already build in a one city island it's nonsense, aaaand you are not giving the alliance a chance to fight for that wonder!

We're not here to talk merges... Unless INNO want to change that rule as well and not let anyone merge with anyone else.

DeletedUser50451

As far as I know, the rules did not say you cannot have a wonder in a one city island, it was allowed, and when I start a world, I expect no changing of rules. Weather its fair to build it or not, that's another case. Yes it has been an error in the first place, but does this mean that the players have to suffer from developers errors? It's never "fair" when you switch the rules in a middle of a game.. I'm surprised you consider that fair (unless, you are considering fair only for your alliance). Like scoring a goal with the right foot, and then the officials changing the rules and saying you can't score with the right foot so the goal wont count.. does that sound fair to you?

I am not against changing the rules on worlds where the wonders haven't started yet or on the new worlds. This definitely makes the game more fair.. But changing this rule in a middle of wonders, in a world where a wonder has been already build in a one city island it's nonsense, aaaand you are not giving the alliance a chance to fight for that wonder!

We're not here to talk merges... Unless INNO want to change that rule as well and not let anyone merge with anyone else.

Well we suffered when you guys were allowed. Just because the tables have turned, it seems unfair? How? How was it fair in the first place to have allowed you guys to have a wonder with just one city on the island? You guys cant get on our wonders, with 20 cities each, with 80 odd Triad players defending them and the entire Zanacle trying to take them it and you say it's fair? Seriously?
As far as fighting for a Wonder. You still have the Hanging Gardens and a total of more than 200+ players to fight with. You still think that's not enough? Probably ask INNO to allow you guys to merge two or more worlds now to get you more player.

Well we suffered when you guys were allowed. Just because the tables have turned, it seems unfair? How? How was it fair in the first place to have allowed you guys to have a wonder with just one city on the island? You guys cant get on our wonders, with 20 cities each, with 80 odd Triad players defending them and the entire Zanacle trying to take them it and you say it's fair? Seriously?
As far as fighting for a Wonder. You still have the Hanging Gardens and a total of more than 200+ players to fight with. You still think that's not enough? Probably ask INNO to allow you guys to merge two or more worlds now to get you more player.

Mate, the problem is not that the tables are turning. The tables turned for the "vacation mode in the WW as well" but we did not complain. This affects directly to the wonder, as I can imagine, the wonder will drop to lvl9, and we are supposed to fill the spots in the island, fill the wonder with resources, build it before you, while what you have to do is just accelerate. Yeah, that defo seems fair to me.

You suffered but you knew how the rules were.. You started the world knowing how the rules were, switching it in a middle of a wonder it's biased and only does good to the other alliances and not the one who owns the wonder. Meanwhile you had the chance to use the one city WW island as well, It was your choice weather to use that opportunity or not.

Yeah right.. We're just going to give up on Colossus because the developers (as you said as well) made an error.

As about the merge, if it was legal, why not. Everyone wants the win, no matter how they get it, and Triad have proved this in the past.

DeletedUser22977

haha ankitshah, you are funny

try play the game without your addiction of gold

then we can talk about how fair the game is
smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif

There are a lot of triads who don't use gold. What's your point.

And Ankit is right. You're all only kvetching now that you guys have to face playing fair.

I see NOT ONE OF YOU is mentioning the end game change of VM on Wonders that is also retroactively being applied. So, you're okay with that, it seems, since it can be an advantage to you.

But since this one isn't, even though it's also a change happening to end game, you're up in arms.

Shame. Shame shame shame.

DeletedUser22977

I will find out about whether the city slots on islands will affect worlds currently in WW

If you are applying VM retroactively, then you must apply this retroactively too.

To not do so is to cater to whiners and exploiters.

I see NOT ONE OF YOU is mentioning the end game change of VM on Wonders that is also retroactively being applied. So, you're okay with that, it seems, since it can be an advantage to you.

I just mentioned that up to your post. And how can that be in our advantage when all we could do was get Rage into VM like forever and Colossus would have been lost for Triad. That is in both advantage and it does not affect the Wonder directly.

There is a big difference between "Both teams having advantage", and the "one team having the disadvantage".

And yeah please ask players to stop naming cities and to stop looking for excuses to get top players banned, but to actually come in the forefront and fight.

Propose that to INNO, maybe they stop us from Naming our cities.

DeletedUser50451

Do you think I really care? Infact i love the importance.Keep it going. Just that it coming from one of your top ranked players, should be embarrassing.
As mentioned earlier, learn to play this game with your heads high. Its only a game after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42267

Lets stop the 'slagging' off of players guys.
This is a discussion thread for the update.
As for the VM retrospectively being added to the game it has, but.....NOT in servers where wonders have already started so the point is this should be updated the same way....this server has started wonders so that argument is null and void.
I agree it should be added to the game and it is a glitch that we have used to our advantage so apply it to servers that have NOT started the wonders stage, to apply it to a server that already is in the wonders IS WRONG.
THAT IS CHANGING THE RULES TO SOMEONES ADVANTAGE AND SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, we started this server with the same rules at the start and it should end the same way.

Gompus Rompus

Phrourach
As for the VM retrospectively being added to the game it has, but.....NOT in servers where wonders have already started so the point is this should be updated the same way....this server has started wonders so that argument is null and void.
The new VM rules will be added 2nd. january in all worlds.

Do you think I really care? Infact i love the importance.Keep it going. Just that it coming from one of your top ranked players, should be embarrassing.
As mentioned earlier, learn to play this game with your heads high. Its only a game after all.

If you think it's fair for this change to happen in a world where the Wonders are already done, so basically us losing the Wonder due to the change and not your work (so not deserved)... Then sorry to say but you are the one who needs to learn to play this game with your head high. It's only a game after all.