Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser51492

Absolutely horrible decision to add 19 slots to 1 city WWs currently built and in-play!

This completely discounts players time and money spent on the game.

Inno and game managers would do well to consider player input before making changes like this to the game. You're arbitrarily changing game-ending rules midway through and if you can do it now and in this manner what confidence can I have going forward that another arbitrary rule change wont take place?

A change like this needs to be implemented on new worlds only or worlds where WW ages have not yet been reached. Otherwise a partial refund for the time and money put into the existing impacted game needs to be tendered.

As for me, I have played this game for about 1.5 years on a single world that would be impacted by this decision. I really do enjoy the game, the people i have met, both allies and enemies! However, I would be very reluctant to continue playing this game without the confidence that something like this wouldn't happen again. There are other games out there that I enjoy playing as well...

DeletedUser22977

I've stayed in Zancle for over 1 year just to deny Triad's victory

This is why I have no sympathy for you.

If you were actually trying to play to win, this would be one thing. But you aren't. You are playing to troll. Even with 4 of the 5 top alliances joined together, this is the best you could manage.

That's not playing. And the fact that you used an exploit to enable the above just validates my belief that you and your alliance mates are just doing what you can not to win, but to keep another group you can't beat from doing so until attrition enables the servers death by atrophy.

DeletedUser44878

World Wonder - 20 city update: This is a terrible decision; Especially in the final phase of the game. You should have gotten input from players before instituting such a game-changing, sweeping disruption to the game. I'm confident because of this rule, I will not be playing any further, once this world is over. Having played for nearly 3 years, this is by far the worst change Inno has ever instilled in the game. At best, it should apply to NEW WORLDS, definitely not those already in play. REVERSE THIS DECISION/CHANGE to the game now!
Very disappointed in the developers and game managers for implementing this in a the middle of a game; should be modified to apply to NEW WORLDS only.

DeletedUser47932

The sad thing is that despite all the posts here criticising the decision to introduce the change on worlds already in Wonders, Inno will ignore their customers yet again and in a fortnight ruin the game for so many.

DeletedUser40371

Still crying huh
Check candy crush guys there are some good levels for lurkers and simmers there
:cool:

DeletedUser51492

The fact that this is an exploit and not a "clever use of game mechanics" is beside the point; that it has been going on for so long and now out of the blue its decided to actually fix it is one thing but as much as i hate to agree with many of the posters here especially after all the hacking rubbish when wonders started but I do.

Punishing players for using an exploit is one thing but when that exploit has been around for so long one could call it an accepted strategy is not "fair". This change should only be implemented on new worlds or simply exclude worlds where wonders have already begun but to retroactively change the dice so to speak after so much has been invested is a bad decision.

Being a player that's only played for a year and a half I would add that if it were considered an 'exploit' that in the past support would have received reports of it and that these WWs would never have existed as they would have deleted these cities and prevented the WW's from being built in the first place.

So there is a DEFINITELY a precedence set here by the game, that it is an accepted strategy... I had no clue or information that this would be an 'exploit' why should I be punished now, this far into a game? That's ridiculous....

DeletedUser50451

Being a player that's only played for a year and a half I would add that if it were considered an 'exploit' that in the past support would have received reports of it and that these WWs would never have existed as they would have deleted these cities and prevented the WW's from being built in the first place.

This glitch was brought to Inno's attention several times and at the very start of the World Wonder Phase. Was frustrating for us when we didn't get any solution and alliances were just allowed to have them.
We felt the same way back then as most of you are feeling now.

DeletedUser43023

So there is a DEFINITELY a precedence set here by the game, that it is an accepted strategy... I had no clue or information that this would be an 'exploit' why should I be punished now, this far into a game? That's ridiculous....
it is not an accepted strategy. it is a game design flaw. There is no debating that. The fact that it is being changed in a world that has been in the WW phase for this long is the challenge.

DeletedUser47932

There is no issue with the change for new worlds or those yet to enter wonders. The problem is that the change will affect those worlds already in Wonders. How would any sportsman/woman feel if the rules for their football game were changed part way through the match for example? Confused, angry, distrustful of the governing body?

DeletedUser22977

There is no issue with the change for new worlds or those yet to enter wonders. The problem is that the change will affect those worlds already in Wonders. How would any sportsman/woman feel if the rules for their football game were changed part way through the match for example? Confused, angry, distrustful of the governing body?

How would a sportsman/woman feel if the other team had been cheating the entire time, knowing that it would be almost impossible to win as a result?

Two can play this game.

DeletedUser44996

So who exactly was Cheating here ?? I would like clarity on that statement.
smiley_emoticons_oh-no2.gif

DeletedUser51492

How would a sportsman/woman feel if the other team had been cheating the entire time, knowing that it would be almost impossible to win as a result?

Two can play this game.
Using this example refs/game managers/governing bodies would have blown whistles and penalized said team and/or rules would be put in place for future contests... not changed and put into place mid-game.

That was never done in the years that the problem has persisted thus legitimizing the strategy, because support never took any actions on it.

To be fair, the change needs to be made on a going forward basis, a different solution implemented, or the players affected need to be compensated.

DeletedUser45150

This glitch was brought to Inno's attention several times and at the very start of the World Wonder Phase. Was frustrating for us when we didn't get any solution and alliances were just allowed to have them.
We felt the same way back then as most of you are feeling now.
This 'GLITCH' was there for everyone to use, we made sacrifices with long TT filling this wonder, hence we only got 2 wonders up to lvl 10 while you got all 4 up to 10 due to the relative closeness of all your cities thereby winning the crown, so in hindsight your tactics where much better than ours going out to the rim.
If inno do this then they are guilty of manipulating the game to benefit some players to the direct detriment of others, i wonder what a lawyer would make of this sort of a discrimination argument .......
You must see our frustration guys even if you are an oxygen thief like 1lol1.
Anyway i hope you are able to sleep at nite, i sure couldn't

DeletedUser22977

Define cheating. To my mind and I'm sure other players cheating in Grep is not building on single city islands but doing things such as using bots or dual accounting .

Seriously?

Using a known exploit so you only have to defend 1 single city to protect a wonder while most people have to defend 20, and I need to explain this to you?

DeletedUser22977

This 'GLITCH' was there for everyone to use, we made sacrifices with long TT filling this wonder, hence we only got 2 wonders up to lvl 10 while you got all 4 up to 10 due to the relative closeness of all your cities thereby winning the crown, so in hindsight your tactics where much better than ours going out to the rim.
If inno do this then they are guilty of manipulating the game to benefit some players to the direct detriment of others, i wonder what a lawyer would make of this sort of a discrimination argument .......

Considering everything IO/Noobs/Hydra/ST1 have done during this world, I have zero problems sleeping like a baby over this.

DeletedUser44996

A little childish , but can anyone spot the " Muppet " in here
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

DeletedUser40371

Let me tell you this , NO ONE cares about that in TRIAD ,,, Your frustration ?! about what ? we came and conquered 4 oceans down south to get that finial WW and all you guys did is NOTHING
I dont remember 1 single attempt to break our WW or to send all your forces to our O45-55 border , so dont act surprised , better play candy crush , there rules dont change , even if u cheat by changing ur phone date :D
And about the sleeping thing , im sure u and ur mates have a deep sleep anyaway and thats not a problem ,,, damit you have been sleeping for almost 1 year now ....
Respect for those who tryed to fight a bit , the others can have funn in this forums and pray to GOD to help YOU beat TRIAD

DeletedUser50505

A couple of questions. I'm one of the players who has a one city wonder, and obviously, due to my position, I think it's an ever so slightly ridiculous decision. But that's beside the point. What I'm still not sure about is that are all the unfull islands with WWs on them just spawn anchors which anyone can found on? Will it be a race between enemies for who can get closest to the empty cities? In a way the 2 week pushback of the update makes it even worse, because it allows enemies to found in oceans really far away, and then prepare for founding on the WW island.