Update to Version 2.136 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.136. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread. The full changelog can be found here.

DeletedUser43367

The inability to stack certain tokens is a dreadful move and a step backwards. It's rare to get an island quest award, a rare award and an epic award all at one time but they can really get you out of a hole. In my last world, I had Aristotle at level 20, coupled that with a nereids spell, accelerated recruitment and a tyches motivation spell and it got me out of trouble on several occasions, a full LS nuke could be built in a day without gold.

Same with stacking up the attack tokens, it removes some of the advantage gained by the improved cumulative effect of stacked defence. This is going to really roast my pelican when it comes in to effect.

DeletedUser43367

On a positive note, the markers next to cities in the drop down list will make life so much easier. Thought I'd better add something complimentary so as not to appear a moaning Myrtle.

DeletedUser41523

On Wednesday the game will be updated to version 2.136. Feel free to post any questions or feedback in this thread. The full changelog can be found here.

Yeah how about no? I like stackable effects. They also have gotten me out of holes.

Who even thinks this stuff up?

DeletedUser43367

The reason given is that it's in response to "the community" suggesting and requesting it, although I have not seen or heard anything so far. I'm looking for those suggestions now. My gut instinct is that there's a bug somewhere and it's easier to do this than fix the bug. I do remember a while ago that when the tyches motivation was used with the COTO and an improved recruitment token, it created a bug that gave zero build time for lightships. I can't remember the details precisely, it was before island quests had been invented.

that aside, my gut instinct is nobody asked for this, it's simply an easy way to fix a bug.

DeletedUser24626

All this will do is give the simmers an even bigger advantage and reduce the amount of money people will spend. With the advantage options from buying the packages that have been sold periodically and playing the events. People that spend money (point of game) will obviously spend less.

Bad idea, this is a for profit game. If you don't or can't spend money, that is your choice.

DeletedUser41523

Yeah ive never heard anything negative from the community about stackable effects. They're pretty useful. You can make a monster out of your army/navy with them. I'd prefer to keep them.

DeletedUser44614

not seen any asking for this myself....would hope the mods would be able to give reason for this and comment before its a done deal although it obviously already is imo..........Ian

DeletedUser21784

Sorry but I doubt that anyone asked for this "feature", why would they? Removing the stacking of tokens only gives disadvantages to players. Btw, once upon a time we had polls and votings for new ideas and such things, now I haven't seen any poll for ages. What happened to the idea polls?

DeletedUser43367

once upon a time we had polls and votings for new ideas and such things, now I haven't seen any poll for ages. What happened to the idea polls?

The poll troll on his grassy knoll stole the wretched contraption. It was his goal to roll the poll into his troll hole.

That's why we haven't seen any poll for ages. Either that, or we have become mere irritations to inno.

DeletedUser41523

Yeah can we actually get a poll on future updates?

I get it, every game is guilty of unpopular updates. But a poll for them would go a long way.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The polls on ideas stopped happening because the number of community submitted ideas died down and the feedback on them from players mostly disappeared. We can't poll on ideas that aren't there and don't have discussion in them. As for the spell stacking I've sent the feedback from this thread up a few days ago. The best place to voice concerns before an update would be on the beta server since the updates occur there before they go out to the rest of the servers. Once the changelog gets announced on the normal country servers it is usually too late to gather feedback and remove/adjust a change before the update goes live.

DeletedUser35069

Would love to here what updates never made it to the main servers due to comments and issues raised by players on beta? Only one I can think of was the huge troop/double bp packages that got released.. they caused some crazy petition with huge support to get rid of them but they never got cancelled, simply delayed 12 months and released anyway.

Seen plenty of bugs reported on beta for events/updates being tested and the events got released anyway with the bugs still there. Tbh there really is no point in visiting beta unless you want to play there.

DeletedUser41523

The polls on ideas stopped happening because the number of community submitted ideas died down and the feedback on them from players mostly disappeared. We can't poll on ideas that aren't there and don't have discussion in them. As for the spell stacking I've sent the feedback from this thread up a few days ago. The best place to voice concerns before an update would be on the beta server since the updates occur there before they go out to the rest of the servers. Once the changelog gets announced on the normal country servers it is usually too late to gather feedback and remove/adjust a change before the update goes live.

Didn't you all take out harbor checking in an update and that lasted less than a day?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah they can be rolled back occasionally but you rarely see it happen before the update. In the harbor check instance we got far more feedback than normal by magnitudes on all servers.

DeletedUser36146

I thought April 1st was over. What an absolute freaking joke

Its been a great and long ride but sadly the party is over

Absolute and utter disregard by Inno for the players (customers) that play this game (and not for the first time)

Nothing personal Baudin but time for me to hang up my sword