Update to Version 2.148 Discussion Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Tomorrow afternoon the game will be updated to version 2.148. Feel free to post any feedback or questions in this thread. The full changelog can be found here.

curadh

Phrourach
Is there any way to disable the huge 'Cool Down' indicator which obscures details of farming villages res trades in Farming Overview (I farm and then trade villages and can't see the centre ones res). As each farming village has this information clearly shown anyway I can't see why it also needs to be splashed across?

DeletedUser55169

sorry to say so, but this is a downgrade, not an upgrade, collecting resources from farming villages taken so much more time that i have to switch from 10 to 40 minutes which costs me alot of resources, i hope you can change this back soon.

DeletedUser55219

Have to join in.

The addition of a second, very laggy banner to farming for those with the Captain (so supporting the game by buying gold) is really bad. Its not only significantly slows the process but requires more attention, removing the ability to farm as a background activity while doing other things. When you're on a Speed 1 world, this is pretty important.

How about a quick role back on this completely unnecessary and broken change?

DeletedUser52173

Have to join in.

The addition of a second, very laggy banner to farming for those with the Captain (so supporting the game by buying gold) is really bad. Its not only significantly slows the process but requires more attention, removing the ability to farm as a background activity while doing other things. When you're on a Speed 1 world, this is pretty important.

How about a quick role back on this completely unnecessary and broken change?
I too have been encountering this issue which is incredibly frustrating.Unfortunately this "upgrade" has been a backwards step. Can we please have this problem looked into and preferably the previous version put in place until this has been fixed.

DeletedUser55169

thx i think they looked in to it, my lag is gone, going smooth again

DeletedUser55220

The stupid banner obscures the farms and whoever thought to lock the screen once farmed deserves shooting - how can I trade short of going to the individual island
It is a real handicap if I need to shift resources around between farming sessions.
Get rid of it ASAP - mindbogglingly stupid change.

DeletedUser53774

farming takes 3 times as long, this really helped out when building the 9th level of wonders. get rid of this, no need for extra banners, telling us info we already know and slowing down the game. thanks.

DeletedUser55169

lag was gone last night, but now thelagging is back again, can they have a look again coz something changed

Silver Witch

Strategos
The stupid banner obscures the farms and whoever thought to lock the screen once farmed deserves shooting - how can I trade short of going to the individual island
It is a real handicap if I need to shift resources around between farming sessions.
Get rid of it ASAP - mindbogglingly stupid change.

Lol I agree that banner is so annoying - it causes huge issues when timing as it is. If u want to cancel and try again half the time the banner gets in the way and u miss the next go. I wish we could get rid of them all.

And as for farm lock - that is just so stupid! Please get rid of it fast.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
so, originally thought the new time banner was like the farming banner or error banners (beta), swipe over it and it's gone
yes annoying but you can get rid of it
the fact that this new one is ever present, i believe it what everyone hates
perhaps the new flashy "hey this is the next farming time", while annoying, will help the new players as inno desires (think that was the advertised goal)
but if players can swipe over it and get rid of it, that would help those who paid for captain and actually want to use it
and it might help with the lag
just a thought

maxilex

Phrourach
I cant believe this insane change to the farming screen got past beta testing, or whatever you do to decide whether to go ahead with a change. What complete numpty thought a banner to obscure half of the information we actually need, to tell us something we can easily see without going in to that screen, was a good idea? So...now I need yet another freaking plug in, to remove displays that add no value, and actually interferes with me seeing information I do need.

Overall, this browser interface approach needs review. I need 3 separate plug ins to get a reasonably usable interface - all of which slow the system down. My computer is pretty well specified, but I still have to close down my browser every 30 minutes to get speed back, and by speed, I mean bearable slowness. I have tried firefox, chrome, pale moon, vivaladi, opera, IE, safari and all of them cannot cope with this lumbering dinosaur.

I will even pay for you to supply a desktop app..gees I pay for plenty of other aspects - give me a functioning system, and I will pay for it.

LadyTeresa

Phrourach
That banner that comes up after collecting from the farming villages and is there until we can collect again is irritating. It has the time the next collection can take place but I don't want to see the server time, I want to see the countdown until the next collection. I used to be able to click on a village and see the countdown but I can't even do that now without going to the island view and selecting a village there. Why is Grepolis trying to be a pain in the neck?

maxilex

Phrourach
I have only just come to understand what the comments up there about 'locking' the farming screen meant...so I cant use the administrator feature, for which I paid, to trade in the farms??? I have to exit that screen , go and poke around the island to find a farm which has the trade I want...it used to be mildly irritating how much extra time trading took - this is downright ludicrous.

I trade all the time - it is the only way to get the most out of your resources. I hadn't noticed purely because it wasn't working on Tegea until late yesterday - so thank you for fuc..fixing that up.

How do I disable it?

maxilex

Phrourach
stylebot browser plug in will get rid of the stupid banner - but the farm screen is still locked to prevent trading. I am literally going nuts. I have spent way more time this morning trying to circumvent this insanity than I have playing the game.

Silver Witch

Strategos
I think this should have been fixed by now - theres been another update and it hasn't been.

In addition i can't trade from the main screen even before i farm now so farm trading is barely worth it. Luckily I'm not really playing at the moment but this is a worrying development.

Here theres an update, its immediately pointed out its an error and yet no one reverses it.